Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#14114 Apr 21, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I see it, our world and the universe beyond brings us much beauty and many mysteries that science has yet to explain. Could this be evidence of an existing G-d? Entirely possible. There are things we see every day that make us think that only G-d could be responsible for something that amazing and beautiful.
As for hell full of fire and some ridiculous lake? A crapload of bs, doesn't exist.
Hi Sweetie, I had coffee the other day with a Christian womyn that offered views on god much along those lines, that when you gat beyond all clap-trap of the intuition of religion and look at the sheer beauty of creation, that is what truly defines the being of god for her. Whether or not her god exists didn't seem as important as the fact her mind-set did, and that her relationship with the world originated from it. To me that is the purpose of belief: to take you beyond all the grief and horror man mankind creates to see creation in its unadulterated beauty and to realize the unfathomable love that motivated the creation of such magnificence. When that is your startling place it doesn't really matter if it's just one more narrative, it's a narrative that heals and inspires one to love and appreciate the world and the things in it. When you meet a Christian like that you have nothing but pity for these crusaders that are blinded by the smoke of their fire and brimstone that in terms of their own theology fail to understand why they were created in the first place.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14115 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
People do say I remind them of Bruce Willis with the smirk.
Smirk.
...and you think that's a compliment? You really are quite twisted.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14116 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;
Eternal existence totally apart from God.
A polite and just response.
Right?
<quoted text>
I have no need to prove a point of faith.
You were the one mocking the legitimacy of hell, I simply pointed out your failed logic. You have no reasoned response again.
Smile.
Well of course YOU think you don't have to have proof. Why bother with facts, especially when they contradict you?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#14117 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Shellfish while only 20% of consumed seafood is responsible for 80% of seafood poisoning. IN THIS DAY! Imagine what it was like before safe handling was instituted.
Forbidding mixed fabric was to distinguish Jews from other cultures. A 'uniform' if you may.
Again, the OT law forbids murder, adultery and lying. That is stupid too, stupid?
Smirk.
OMG! Did you mention lying???? It doesn't seem to bother YOU.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#14119 Apr 21, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>...and you think that's a compliment? You really are quite twisted.
I guess some people like old and bald.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#14120 Apr 21, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess some people like old and bald.
I hope so, well in my case, old and going bald!
The Oracle

Twickenham, UK

#14121 Apr 21, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Did you mention lying???? It doesn't seem to bother YOU.

It would bring many people much pleasure if you and KiMare were locked in a cell together for the rest of your lives.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14122 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Shellfish while only 20% of consumed seafood is responsible for 80% of seafood poisoning. IN THIS DAY! Imagine what it was like before safe handling was instituted.
Forbidding mixed fabric was to distinguish Jews from other cultures. A 'uniform' if you may.
Again, the OT law forbids murder, adultery and lying. That is stupid too, stupid?
Smirk.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas has laws. They have laws against murder. They also have laws against having pliers in one's possession. Does that mean all of Texas's laws are stupid? No, but it does mean that the stupid laws are stupid. If the argument is, "you should follow ALL the laws," but you don't actually think all the laws need to be followed, you're a liar. If you DO think all the laws need to be followed, that means the stupid laws as well as the good ones.
So, what punishment should await someone who wears mixed fabrics?
What punishment should await someone who possesses pliers in Texas?
What you are trying to gay twirl past is that;

1. You are ignorant of the different purposes of Jewish laws and how they relate to Christianity.

2. You can't explain how some of them preceded the knowledge of science by thousands of years.

3. Those laws created a culture like no other.

All of this desecration and sacrilege to defend an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning sexual act, and equate a sterile duplicated half relationship to marriage.

Kind of silly stupid...

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14123 Apr 21, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess some people like old and bald.
My wife cherishes old and bald.

That's all that matters to me.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14124 Apr 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know God would never approve the kidnap, rape, and torture of someone? Who are you to claim knowledge of the mind of God?
Abraham was absolutely convinced that God wanted him to kill his son. Why? Because he's the kind of God one would reasonably expect to demand the murder of one's own child. It was not out of God's character to command infanticide. Had God commanded such before? If it was the first time, would Abraham have been correct in denying such a command because it wasn't something his God would approve of? Likewise, who are you to tell God what he can and can't command someone to do?
By the way, your God most certainly does condone abduction and rape.
Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Deuteronomy 20:10-14
2 Samuel 12:11-14
Zechariah 14:1-2
So, I guess it's only the torture bit you must think God wouldn't command. Of course, if you don't agree that rape can be torture, then I suppose you might have a leg to stand on.
Here is one example of your ignorant attempt to address issues you know nothing about;

http://christianthinktank.com/midian.html

Isn't it interesting that millions of people who understand the context of these issues are drawn to God?

Smile.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14125 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;
Eternal existence totally apart from God.
A polite and just response.
Right?
<quoted text>
I have no need to prove a point of faith.
You were the one mocking the legitimacy of hell, I simply pointed out your failed logic. You have no reasoned response again.
Smile.
What failed logic? I'm saying that we have no reason to believe any of the nonsense you're prattling on about, any more than we should believe Zeus is real or Valhalla is real. So, if I tell you Zeus is going to be pissed about what you do in your off time, and you should get right with him by offering a sacrifice, are you going to do it? No? Why not? Because you don't have any good reason to believe Zeus exists. Therefore, the consequences Zeus has in store for you are meaningless to you. Likewise, Hell and your God. As soon as you have a legitimate reason for us to give a shit about your wishful thinking, you'll begin to have a point.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14126 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one example of your ignorant attempt to address issues you know nothing about;
http://christianthinktank.com/midian.html
Isn't it interesting that millions of people who understand the context of these issues are drawn to God?
Smile.
You've got the cart before the horse. They're indoctrinated into God belief, and then they learn rationalizations for that belief. People don't learn the context and then start believing.

Isn't it interesting that understanding how things happen unravels the nonsensical fictions you weave?

But, the fundamentalist doesn't care about reality. The fundamentalist has his or her own version of reality that supersedes demonstrable reality, and that version of reality must be defended at all costs, because turning back is too steep a psychological cost to pay.

Maybe if you took some basic psychology courses, you'd understand yourself and your willful ignorance better. But, you don't care about understanding anything except what you declare reality to be vis a vis ancient campfire stories.
jonathan grobler

South Africa

#14127 Apr 21, 2013
ignorance is bliss

and never open your ind to the lies of heretics for it is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and ungarded

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14128 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;
Eternal existence totally apart from God.
A polite and just response.
Right?
<quoted text>
I have no need to prove a point of faith.
You were the one mocking the legitimacy of hell, I simply pointed out your failed logic. You have no reasoned response again.
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What failed logic? I'm saying that we have no reason to believe any of the nonsense you're prattling on about, any more than we should believe Zeus is real or Valhalla is real. So, if I tell you Zeus is going to be pissed about what you do in your off time, and you should get right with him by offering a sacrifice, are you going to do it? No? Why not? Because you don't have any good reason to believe Zeus exists. Therefore, the consequences Zeus has in store for you are meaningless to you. Likewise, Hell and your God. As soon as you have a legitimate reason for us to give a shit about your wishful thinking, you'll begin to have a point.
No, you are trying to squirm out of a corner.

You said hell made no sense for a good God.

I proved you wrong.

Admit it like a man.

Smile.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14129 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one example of your ignorant attempt to address issues you know nothing about;
http://christianthinktank.com/midian.html
Isn't it interesting that millions of people who understand the context of these issues are drawn to God?
Smile.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got the cart before the horse. They're indoctrinated into God belief, and then they learn rationalizations for that belief. People don't learn the context and then start believing.
Isn't it interesting that understanding how things happen unravels the nonsensical fictions you weave?
But, the fundamentalist doesn't care about reality. The fundamentalist has his or her own version of reality that supersedes demonstrable reality, and that version of reality must be defended at all costs, because turning back is too steep a psychological cost to pay.
Maybe if you took some basic psychology courses, you'd understand yourself and your willful ignorance better. But, you don't care about understanding anything except what you declare reality to be vis a vis ancient campfire stories.
I simply pointed out that you clearly don't understand Judeo/Christian beliefs.

Many extremely intelligent people over hundreds of years have studied those beliefs and accepted them. You know far too little to judge them as legitimate or not.

The fact is, you don't want them to be true, because they condemn your behavior. I'd suggest ignorant denial is a poor way to deal with the things you fear.

It is simple logic that the best prescription for life is an accurate diagnosis. You don't need to be afraid of God.

Smile.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14130 Apr 21, 2013
It looks like somebody mislabeled this forum because all I see here are poofters.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14131 Apr 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What failed logic? I'm saying that we have no reason to believe any of the nonsense you're prattling on about, any more than we should believe Zeus is real or Valhalla is real. So, if I tell you Zeus is going to be pissed about what you do in your off time, and you should get right with him by offering a sacrifice, are you going to do it? No? Why not? Because you don't have any good reason to believe Zeus exists. Therefore, the consequences Zeus has in store for you are meaningless to you. Likewise, Hell and your God. As soon as you have a legitimate reason for us to give a shit about your wishful thinking, you'll begin to have a point.
Tell that to your freaky friend Bitner who's raising her kids as wiccans. They sure as shyt weren't born with pentacles tattooed on their butts.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14132 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think hell is God honoring the request of those who reject him;
Eternal existence totally apart from God.
A polite and just response.
Right?
<quoted text>
I have no need to prove a point of faith.
You were the one mocking the legitimacy of hell, I simply pointed out your failed logic. You have no reasoned response again.
Smile.
<quoted text>
No, you are trying to squirm out of a corner.
You said hell made no sense for a good God.
I proved you wrong.
Admit it like a man.
Smile.
Did I say that? Please remind me. I don't recall such a thing.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14133 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Shellfish while only 20% of consumed seafood is responsible for 80% of seafood poisoning. IN THIS DAY! Imagine what it was like before safe handling was instituted.
Forbidding mixed fabric was to distinguish Jews from other cultures. A 'uniform' if you may.
Again, the OT law forbids murder, adultery and lying. That is stupid too, stupid?
Smirk.
<quoted text>
What you are trying to gay twirl past is that;
1. You are ignorant of the different purposes of Jewish laws and how they relate to Christianity.
2. You can't explain how some of them preceded the knowledge of science by thousands of years.
3. Those laws created a culture like no other.
All of this desecration and sacrilege to defend an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning sexual act, and equate a sterile duplicated half relationship to marriage.
Kind of silly stupid...
Smile.
You mean, "we see people get sick from eating X, therefore we're going to say that it's divine guidance for people not to eat X" is something that requires an understanding of germ theory? Yeah, I don't think so.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#14134 Apr 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is one example of your ignorant attempt to address issues you know nothing about;
http://christianthinktank.com/midian.html
Isn't it interesting that millions of people who understand the context of these issues are drawn to God?
Smile.
<quoted text>
I simply pointed out that you clearly don't understand Judeo/Christian beliefs.
Many extremely intelligent people over hundreds of years have studied those beliefs and accepted them. You know far too little to judge them as legitimate or not.
The fact is, you don't want them to be true, because they condemn your behavior. I'd suggest ignorant denial is a poor way to deal with the things you fear.
It is simple logic that the best prescription for life is an accurate diagnosis. You don't need to be afraid of God.
Smile.
Intelligent people believed in Zeus, too. And, they would have condemned many of the things you do. To suppose that I fear your religious beliefs is as legitimate as saying you fear the religious beliefs of Zeus's followers.

You do realize that your religion isn't the only game in town, right? And, you do realize that you're saying that you're afraid of every other religion's beliefs by saying that I'm afraid of your religion's beliefs, right?

In other words, how did you get so stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 32 min Big Al 1,673
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 36 min Big Al 151
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 2 hr Scientist 474
The truth is difficult, I understand. 2 hr Scientist 59
breath of god, and how we come to light. 2 hr Scientist 12
Ryan Dunn's Dead and Atheisms Failure (Jun '11) 10 hr truth 17
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 10 hr Barmsweb 1,682
More from around the web