Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#13248 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you tell lies? You enjoy it right?
Hey if you are stupid enough to believe this guys claims, go ahead and send him some bucks. You don't get anything for nothing as he claims his inventions will do. But you believe the nonsense people tell you about the Bible and eternal life. It's just the same. You think you can get something for nothing with that too. Go ahead. Knock yourself out.

BTW, his invention claims are pure snake oil. They don't work.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#13249 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
All English Bibles condemn gays to Hell.
No dear, only some of the people holding them do that. There is no mention of gay people in ANY Bible in ANY language sweetie, do you really imagine God being pleased with you bearing false witness?

Location hidden

#13250 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, only some of the people holding them do that. There is no mention of gay people in ANY Bible in ANY language sweetie, do you really imagine God being pleased with you bearing false witness?
He is an unmitigated liar.

this one

#13251 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You reject the Truth.
I'm a big fan of the truth dear. Why do you imagine I've been so enthusiastic about correcting your false witness?
dollarsbill wrote:
That's why Satan sent you to call God a liar.
Sweetie, I haven't called God a liar. I called those who deliberately and maliciously rewrote that verse from Corinthians you keep using liars, because they are. I have also called you a liar, because you are. Neither you nor the editors of the NKJV are God, not even close.
dollarsbill wrote:
You're not only lying to yourself but to gays.
I'm not lying to anyone sweetie. You pray that I am, but no. I bring you nothing but verifiable truth. I realize that you aren't used to the truth and have precious little experience in it, but this is truth.
dollarsbill wrote:
You are dooming each other to eternity in the worst prison that ever existed, without parole.
We will be spending eternity with you? I can't imagine anything scarier than that.
dollarsbill wrote:
"God gave them up to VILE affections" "men with men"
Yes dear, God dumped straight Romans off at same sex orgies as payback for their idolatry. You really should learn to take notes, it would help you avoid making the same badly informed arguments over and over and over again.

Location hidden

#13252 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a big fan of the truth dear. Why do you imagine I've been so enthusiastic about correcting your false witness? <quoted text>Sweetie, I haven't called God a liar. I called those who deliberately and maliciously rewrote that verse from Corinthians you keep using liars, because they are. I have also called you a liar, because you are. Neither you nor the editors of the NKJV are God, not even close. <quoted text>I'm not lying to anyone sweetie. You pray that I am, but no. I bring you nothing but verifiable truth. I realize that you aren't used to the truth and have precious little experience in it, but this is truth. <quoted text>We will be spending eternity with you? I can't imagine anything scarier than that.
<quoted text>Yes dear, God dumped straight Romans off at same sex orgies as payback for their idolatry. You really should learn to take notes, it would help you avoid making the same badly informed arguments over and over and over again.
He called me a liar for pointing out that this guy is selling snake oil.

http://power4patriots.com/video/index-yt.php

TOPIX stoops to new lows running these ads. The good thing is they target stupid people who believe they can get something for nothing.

ROTFLMAO

this one

#13253 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Obviously you cannot read.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
Obviously it is you who can't read sweetie. You have already been told that Paul wrote no such thing and yet here you are repeating the same false witness over and over again. You better pray that God has a sense of humor about your antics, because he certainly won't approve.

this one

#13254 Apr 11, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites.
Here is what it says about marriage.
Sorry, but the editors of the NKJV have deliberately mistranslated that verse from the earliest known copies of it. Paul makes no mention of "homosexuals" or "sodomites", he makes no mention of same sex sex acts nor those who engage in them in that verse. Who the last group actually is on Paul's list is unknown. According to the earliest known copies, the last group Paul calls "arsenokoitai", a combination of the words for man(singular) and bed (also singular). It is not a word that its readers would know as meaning same sex sex or those who engage in them. The Greeks had words for such and were familiar with the idea, but Paul makes absolutely no mention they would recognize. Early Christians actually taught that as a warning to masturbators.
St Black Pope wrote:
1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid FORNICATION let EVERY MAN have his own WIFE; and let EVERY WOMAN have her own HUSBAND.
You are a woman aren't you, or do you wish for us to change that too?
Peace!!!
You forgot a line pumpkin, a very, very important one. "7:1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." Paul taught that marriage was better than burning in hell for fornication, but was less desirable than celibacy. Hardly the best endorsement.

this one

#13255 Apr 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
It's what I come to expect from folk with absolute certainty in their beliefs, especially when those beliefs have all the depth of a teaspoon.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13256 Apr 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey if you are stupid enough to believe this guys claims, go ahead and send him some bucks. You don't get anything for nothing as he claims his inventions will do. But you believe the nonsense people tell you about the Bible and eternal life. It's just the same. You think you can get something for nothing with that too. Go ahead. Knock yourself out.
BTW, his invention claims are pure snake oil. They don't work.
I believe what I read in the Bible. Not what others tell me. I didn't send any money. Did you? Your post is very ignorant.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13257 Apr 11, 2013
It's refreshing to read the posts of someone who can actually READ.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13258 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>No dear, only some of the people holding them do that. There is no mention of gay people in ANY Bible in ANY language sweetie, do you really imagine God being pleased with you bearing false witness?
Do you ever wonder why you're a blatant liar?

"homosexuals" "sodomites"

9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13259 Apr 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
About what? That you're a liar? I can't think of even one gay defender here who isn't a BLATANT liar. It seems to be part of being gay.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13260 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a big fan of the truth dear. Why do you imagine I've been so enthusiastic about correcting your false witness?
I didn't write any of our English Bibles. How can I be a false witness? They all condemn gays to Hell. How are you qualified to say they are in error? You're not. Satan is your lying father.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13261 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously it is you who can't read sweetie. You have already been told that Paul wrote no such thing and yet here you are repeating the same false witness over and over again. You better pray that God has a sense of humor about your antics, because he certainly won't approve.
You have given ZERO proof. Telling your same lie over and over doesn't make it true.

this one

#13262 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Do you ever wonder why you're a blatant liar?
Cupcake, you keep proclaiming that I am a liar, but you keep failing to mention any lies that I have supposedly told. Whereas I am more than happy to point your repeated lies to you and not only that, I am more than happy to prove them to be lies. Like with the deliberately mistranslated verse you keep regurgitating. You've been told that it is nothing more than lie, it has been proved to you to be a lie and yet here you are repeating the same lie. God must be absolutely thrilled.

this one

#13263 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You have given ZERO proof. Telling your same lie over and over doesn't make it true.
Sweetie, you keep regurgitating the same deliberately mistranslated verse, you should perhaps take your own advice, because no matter how many times you upchuck it on the thread it will NEVER be true.

Maybe you should take notes dear, or pay better attention, because I have already given you ample proof that the verse has been mistranslated deliberately, because it is nowhere close to what the earliest known copies of the work says Paul wrote. Paul does not say homosexuals nor sodomites, he also does not say men who have sex with men or any word that his audience would have recognized as meaning that.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13264 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Cupcake, you keep proclaiming that I am a liar, but you keep failing to mention any lies that I have supposedly told.
"Sorry, but the editors of the NKJV have deliberately mistranslated that verse from the earliest known copies of it."

this one

#13265 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I didn't write any of our English Bibles. How can I be a false witness? They all condemn gays to Hell. How are you qualified to say they are in error? You're not. Satan is your lying father.
Buttercup, your false witness would be that all English Bibles condemn gays to hell, because we both know and more importantly God knows that you are lying your good Christian ass off on that one. There are many Christians who have read the Bible and made an entirely different choice as to how God feels about His lesbian and Gay children than you have. How are you qualified to say they are wrong?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13266 Apr 11, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, you keep regurgitating the same deliberately mistranslated verse,
And you keep "regurgitating" that same lie.

Location hidden

#13267 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe what I read in the Bible. Not what others tell me. I didn't send any money. Did you? Your post is very ignorant.
I wouldn't send any money and I don't believe much of what is written in the Bible either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the pauline paradox 1 hr Ben Avraham 105
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr Ben Avraham 1,695
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 3 hr Barmsweb 2,467
Faith during hard times 7 hr Scientist 114
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 7 hr Frindly 1,686
The truth is difficult, I understand. 8 hr Jake999 64
George Washington and the duty of prayer 8 hr Big Al 18
More from around the web