Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13111 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is interesting to note that you chose to cite the later the later text.
The section in modern Mark that is taken as the "Great Commission", does not exist in the oldest extant Koine copies of the text: the "Codex Vaticanus Graecus 1209" and the "Codex Sinaiticus".
This suggests that the section you cite from Matthew, the later text, is a later addition.
Or it could be a scribe added Matthews' record to Marks.

However, I could have used the baptism of Jesus too...

Smile.

Location hidden

#13112 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Operant 'cut and paste' as an alternative to a real rebuttal.

You can keep repeating it, but that is not what any Courts have ever declared. Nor does it appear in any Laws of this Nation.
So nothing matters or is valid unless it is legally codified?

You really are desperate, aren't you.

Snicker.

Location hidden

#13114 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Why make simple things so complicated?
Matthew 28:19 (NASB)
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality IS "complicated".
You forgot to cut and paste...

You can't get any more real than quoting the source of someone you claimed would stone (right) others for saying such a thing.

Bazinga!

Location hidden

#13115 Apr 11, 2013
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, "morals" and "ethics" are the same thing. "Morals" comes from Latin "mores", and "ethics" comes from the Greek "ethos". Both refer to how humans should treat each other.
You are also CONFLATING morals/ethics with "values".
You then finish with the fallacy, argumentum ad hominem.
Your debate score is in the sub-basement. lol
If you read back, I already noted that morals and ethics are the same. Values are simply a personal belief system of morals and ethics.

A personal value is absolute or relative and ethical value, the assumption of which can be the basis for ethical action. A value system is a set of consistent values and measures. A principle value is a foundation upon which other values and measures of integrity are based. Those values which are not physiologically determined and normally considered objective, such as a desire to avoid physical pain, seek pleasure, etc., are considered subjective, vary across individuals and cultures and are in many ways aligned with belief and belief systems. Types of values include ethical/moral values, doctrinal/ideological (religious, political) values, social values, and aesthetic values. It is debated whether some values which are not clearly physiologically determined are intrinsic such as altruism and whether some such as acquisitiveness should be valued as vices or virtues. Values have typically been studied in sociology, anthropology, social psychology, moral philosophy, and business ethics.

Other than once again exposing your stupidity, do you have a rebuttal for the content of my post.

Bazinga (again)!

Location hidden

#13116 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, ss 'marriage' is real common in Judaism. That's why Islam copied it.
Idiot.
stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Operant Fallacies:
Argumentum ad populum
No, it's not.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13117 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke was a gentile follower of Saul, not a (big "D") Disciple.
You are right for once.

Matthew 3:16-17 (NASB)
16 After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him,
17 and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."

Mark 1:9-11 (NASB)
9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10 Immediately coming up out of the water, He saw the heavens opening, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon Him;
11 and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Snicker smile.

Location hidden

#13118 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah. Among the texts you accept, Mark and Matthew both and together supercede Luke (and John)(and all of the Sauline gentile writings).
See my previous post.

Paul (a Jew) and Dr. Luke (a gentile) were both highly educated.

They were martyred for their faith.

You might take note of these words, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

Location hidden

#13119 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There are LOTS of MY questions you haven't addressed, sugar britches.
Such as?
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
She DID refute you. You just practiced the fallacy called "receding goalpost".
Such as?

I didn't move anything, I stayed with the point.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your debate points are working their way down to the 2nd sub-basement.
Your debate points are working their way down to the 2nd sub-basement.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#13121 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In England, where abolitionism started, it was Quakers who were the prime movers and shakers. Wesley was noisy about it, too, mostly to his methodist followers, the majority of whom were heavily invested in the triangle trade, and the ships that plied it.
Here in the U.S. the first vocal opponent was Ben Franklin, and most of those operating the Underground Railroad were Quakers. The first activists were Quakers.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_slav.ht...
William Wilberforce was an Evangelical Christian and is considered the prime mover in England.

Nor was Ben Franklin a Quaker.

Moreover, Evangelical Christians worked hand in hand with Quakers. There is no animosity between the two.

Smile.

Location hidden

#13122 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "cut and paste", snotty.
I actually learned them waaay back in the stone age.
Yeah it is, because they don't fit the post.

Like I said, get your brain checked out, no one is interested in your ass.

Smile.
LowellGuy

Lynnwood, WA

#13123 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering why you are focused on ancient laws that are not practiced anymore.
What about anal sex? Inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning. How in hell do you justify doing that to another person. Or allowing someone to do that to you?
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. You are castigating ancient morality, and you excuse violent, harmful degradation in the present???
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, you're not straight.
Smirk.
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with anal sex being inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning?
Do you consider anal sex immoral?
Smile.
What is inherently immoral about putting one's penis where one's partner (male or female) wishes it to be? If you mean "immoral" as in, "my holy book says so," why is your God so hung up on how people are choosing to get it on? Do you think people should only freak missionary with a sheet between them? If you mean "immoral" as in "unethical or inherently injurious," that is simply not the case, any more than vaginal intercourse is. How many women have died within 10 months of having anal sex versus vaginal sex? If anything, you should be against vaginal sex.
LowellGuy

Lynnwood, WA

#13124 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So nothing matters or is valid unless it is legally codified?
You really are desperate, aren't you.
Snicker.
Should the law ban anal sex? And, isn't that irrelevant to whether same-sex couples should be denied the right to marry?
LowellGuy

Lynnwood, WA

#13125 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post.
Paul (a Jew) and Dr. Luke (a gentile) were both highly educated.
They were martyred for their faith.
You might take note of these words, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
People have been martyrs for their various religious beliefs. Does martyrdom demonstrate the veracity of the martyr's religious beliefs, or is it only martyrs for your religion that do that?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#13126 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Over your head? No surprise. You are "blinded" and "perishing".
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
yet another lame non sequitur. You're a textbook case describing why stupid people are attracted to religion.
Reality

San Diego, CA

#13128 Apr 11, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the Author.
Obliviously not the Authors were earlier insecure humans that invented gods to sooth them when they were hurting..Pretty much all early groups of humans invented gods for the same reason.

Before the age of agriculture started (around 10,000 years ago), humans were too busy hunting and gathering food to eat and had no time to invent gods..This is why no images of gods have been found before the dawn of agriculture..

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#13129 Apr 11, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't talking about 'possibly' demeaning, we are talking about
'inherently' demeaning.
It is violently harmful to the sphincter muscle.
Smile.
Violently harmful in the same way a constipated dump is violently harmful to the sphincter muscle. Should it be against the law to eat a low-fiber diet?

Since when is the nature of one's sexual activities a qualifier for marriage? I don't recall ever seeing anything about sexual activities on marriage license forms. Maybe your state does things differently?

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#13130 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Merely a tradition of men, that.
You're hopin'.

Your belief in Hell is not required for your residency therein.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13131 Apr 11, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
To be intimate or in a sexual relationship with another person is a choice, but one's sexual orientation is NOT a choice!!!
I bet you believe Gays and Lesbians should live a celibate life based on your religious beliefs, right?
No, I believe:

Romans 1 "God gave them up to VILE affections" "men with men"

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13132 Apr 11, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a sin, and God didn't hire and train you to tell other people how to live their lives.
Mind it.
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#13133 Apr 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
He just included that section in his entire text quite.
Can't YOU read?
Saul's etiology for gay orientation is bunk.
You are guilty and accountable. It's in the Books.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scrupulosity: What to do? 2 hr Chance7 5
what would you do if you caught your child havi... (Dec '09) 10 hr No Name For Now 32
If you see demons or angels you have schizophre... (Nov '09) Feb 23 Katelynn 116
Some Kinda Preacher (Tribute to Billy Graham) b... Feb 21 bruce 1
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 815
The Baptist Church (Jan '08) Feb 21 Rand M Sutor 46
Don't Blame God! Feb 20 dollarsbill 7
More from around the web