Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12969 Apr 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>

See folks!

It's called "Presuppositional Apologetics"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presuppositional...
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "blinded" and "perishing".

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV) 3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
See guys?

Presuppositional Apologetics is fanaticism.

"A fanatic is someone who won't change their mind and can't change the subject" - Winston churchill
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12970 Apr 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Luke 6:37, remember?
<quoted text>
Is it judging that makes a distinction between right and wrong?

Is there never a time and place for seeing and reprimanding a fault?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12971 Apr 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
See guys?
Presuppositional Apologetics is fanaticism.
"A fanatic is someone who won't change their mind and can't change the subject" - Winston churchill
So change, if you can. But again, repentance and forgiveness of sins by God are gifts that you haven't been given.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#12972 Apr 10, 2013
Are you saying Luke 6:37 is wrong?
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it judging that makes a distinction between right and wrong?
Is there never a time and place for seeing and reprimanding a fault?
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#12973 Apr 10, 2013
Great quote.
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#12974 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
God's point was that being gay is even worse.
Wrong. It was about hospitality. A daughter was less valuable as a human being than a man in that time in that part of the world. Giving a daughter up to a rape-crazed crowd of men to protect a man from being raped (rape being a form of humiliation and emasculation in that time in that part of the world) was preferable to subjecting a male guest (hospitality is a major component of Middle Eastern society) to such attacks.

Location hidden

#12975 Apr 10, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It was about hospitality. A daughter was less valuable as a human being than a man in that time in that part of the world. Giving a daughter up to a rape-crazed crowd of men to protect a man from being raped (rape being a form of humiliation and emasculation in that time in that part of the world) was preferable to subjecting a male guest (hospitality is a major component of Middle Eastern society) to such attacks.
It was about men with men.

Romans 1 "God gave them up to VILE affections" "men with men"
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#12976 Apr 10, 2013
Funny how god always hates the same sh*t believers do.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12977 Apr 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
What many fail to realize is that Jesus taught,("judge not") that we are given the right and responsibility to make judgments in order to help our fellow man with their problem of sin.....provided we have first "removed the plank from our own eye."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12978 Apr 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteous judgment.....

All we are to do in order to judge righteous judgment is to hear God's word, and judge using His standard.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12979 Apr 10, 2013
Jesus has plainly revealed that those who abide in His ways will judge with righteous judgment.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12980 Apr 10, 2013
John 7:24

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12981 Apr 10, 2013
The Bible also tells us "not to participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness,(sin) but instead, even expose them."

Ephesians 5:11

11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness,(sin) but rather expose them.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12982 Apr 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
Jesus has plainly revealed that those who abide in His ways will judge with righteous judgment.
Indeed He did dear, but since we only have your say that you are abiding in His ways and because some of your posts do tend to come across as if you hadn't paid a whole lot of attention when you were taught what they were, you should probably expect at least some skepticism to your proclamations of righteousness.

Location hidden

#12983 Apr 10, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed He did dear, but since we only have your say that you are abiding in His ways and because some of your posts do tend to come across as if you hadn't paid a whole lot of attention when you were taught what they were, you should probably expect at least some skepticism to your proclamations of righteousness.
You talk about Jesus but reject His Book. Hmmm
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12984 Apr 10, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
and here come the ICONS, and funny Xavier is lurking besides...
how many days can it be a COINCIDENCE?
given Xavier aka Mona's propensity for lies paired with how angry he gets when you call him out on using the icons, i'd say its pretty clear Mona is the icon bandit!
so, what to make of a poster who has to judge his own posts like this?
pathetic, that's for sure.
What do you make of a so-called lawyer that makes charges he can't prove? I'd say that makes him UNEMPLOYED.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12985 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about Jesus but reject His Book. Hmmm
HIS book? Jesus didn't write anything.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#12986 Apr 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What many fail to realize is that Jesus taught,("judge not") that we are given the right and responsibility to make judgments in order to help our fellow man with their problem of sin.....provided we have first "removed the plank from our own eye."
Oh? So you claim to be sin-free and perfect, do ya? Very interesting...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#12987 Apr 10, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have no basis for moral values.
The only thing that matters is that as often as you can for as long as you can you look out for yourself at the expense of everyone and everything else.
That is a fact.
<quoted text>
There is no basis for morals without God.
What value is there if it doesn't matter?
I drove to this place on a 8 lane highway, in a car that was built in a different state, and bought gas that most likely came from across the ocean. My home is heated and cooled by electricity, as is the food that I cook.

All of this is possible only because people cooperate. "Every man for himself" would have left humans living in caves, having fire only for as long as they could keep lightning started flames alive, witrhout even rudimentary stone tools.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#12988 Apr 10, 2013
Proud Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>You have a perverted imagination. I have read about King David and I know several who have studied the bible for many.many years would disagree with you. You are wrong and misguided. And you either believe and worship God or you believe and worship the devil, no grey area .
So what if they disagree with me? There are plenty of people who have used the Bible as justification for slavery, child abuse, etc. Heck, there are still idiots out there that think that Noah's flood really covered the whole world.

As a further example, belief in the devil is in fact completely contrary to the teachings of the Bible. Evil comes from the God of the Bible...

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I would suggest that someday, you begin to actually READ the Bible, for comprehension and keep everything IN CONTEXT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 21 min messianic114 2,457
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 1 hr messianic114 358
gen 49: 27 2 hr BARNS Bro 1
Which ACCOUNT is CORRECT?? 3 hr BARNS Bro 1
2nd Cor 12: 16 3 hr BARNS Bro 1
GALILEE or JERUSALEM (Jan '14) 3 hr BARNS Bro 4
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 3 hr Blodewedd 78
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 4 hr BARNS Bro 101
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 8 hr Cyber Crime Inves... 20,544
More from around the web