Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#12928 Apr 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is with God. You are accountable.
No, the problem is a mental case like you playing a wanna be god.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12929 Apr 9, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, the problem is a mental case like you playing a wanna be god.
You are blinded and perishing.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12930 Apr 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grievously in error. Gays will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
"do not be deceived"
1 Corinthians 6:9 (NKJV)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
You're deceived.
Who cares? More intelligent people would not want to spend eternity with the likes of you.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

United States

#12931 Apr 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are blinded and perishing.
2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (NKJV)
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
You're a nutcase! Where did you get all your garbage speak?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12932 Apr 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Are you sure you don't want to retract those ignorant comments?
You pray that my comments are ignorant dear, but I assure you, they are very far from it.

I'm not sure what to call that beast you've dragged in here with you, but calling it God is just plain sad. I've read the book pumpkin and while I'm no expert, even I can tell that you aren't even in the same galaxy as right.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#12933 Apr 9, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evil to you. You call me evil because I believe what God said. That makes YOU evil. Now ya know. You don't even know what you believe.
dollarsbill: "The Bible is evil to you."

No it isn't. That's your opinion, not the Truth. You don't KNOW it's true. And you don't care whether what you're accusing me of is a lie.

dollarsbill: "You call me evil because I believe what God said".

A.) I DID NOT call you evil. And B.) If you ARE called evil, it's because of WHAT you believe about God - what you WRONGLY believe God would say and do - the evil things you believe true of HIM!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12934 Apr 10, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's certainly been spun that way by trinitarian heretics since the Alexandrian/Cappadocian period.
It is not the way it was intended.
Some call that doctrine one of the underpinnings of the vast majority of Christians. Throughout the history of Christianity.

Just a note, the doctrine goes back to Jesus and the Disciples.

Smile.

Location hidden

#12935 Apr 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? More intelligent people would not want to spend eternity with the likes of you.
You are accountable. It's in the Books.

Revelation 20:12-13 (NKJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12936 Apr 10, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare: "You made a Freudian bigot statement and got caught."
Specify which statement you're referring to.
KiMare: "Honey, I've traveled around the world. I lived in the Pacific Basin for 25 years. I love studying history. I've never had trouble distinguishing marriage or culture."
That's all very nice, but irrelevant. It doesn't serve to prove or support YOUR claim, that.....
KiMare: "Every single culture in history, before Judeo/Christian ethics and apart from it has practiced marriage from start to finish."
....UNLESS, of course, you TIME-traveled back through history and visited "every single culture" that has ever existed. And it can be assumed, with certainty, you did not. So....
KiMare: "You won't defend your assertion because you can't."
Well, as you can see, not only CAN I "defend my assertion" that your claim is disputable, I just proved it was!
KiMare: "Moveover, you lie. You never discussed purpose, you only made ignorant and bigoted statements about the origins of marriage."
No, I don't lie. But either you're lying, or you misunderstand. As I told you previously, I'm discussing the PURPOSE of marriage, NOT it's origins. And I have been all along.
KiMare: "You are blonde, aren't you."
My dear, regardless of whether I'm blond or not, you appear to be an ill-comprehending, arrogant boor.
Blonde,

You ARE discussing the origins of marriage. You have not yet given a reason for, or a rebuttal of my statement of the essence of marriage.

Moreover, historians can only deduce the past by the limited records available. Those records consistently substantiate marriage.

Smile.

Location hidden

#12937 Apr 10, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a nutcase! Where did you get all your garbage speak?
You didn't know you have a date with eternity? Now you know.

"the resurrection of damnation"

John 5:28-29 (KJV)
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Location hidden

#12938 Apr 10, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You pray that my comments are ignorant dear, but I assure you, they are very far from it.
I'm not sure what to call that beast you've dragged in here with you, but calling it God is just plain sad. I've read the book pumpkin and while I'm no expert, even I can tell that you aren't even in the same galaxy as right.
You have no assurance of anything but death and misery. How can you 'assure' anyone else of anything? You can't.

Location hidden

#12939 Apr 10, 2013
janeebee wrote:
If you ARE called evil, it's because of WHAT you believe about God - what you WRONGLY believe God would say and do - the evil things you believe true of HIM!
I provide Scripture for everything I believe about God. You provide nothing but your erroneous opinions.

Psalm 1:1 (NKJV)
1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#12940 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
You have no assurance of anything but death and misery.
So you keep praying sweetie, so you keep praying.
dollarsbill wrote:
How can you 'assure' anyone else of anything? You can't.
Yet you seem quite absolutely certain that you have been greatly endowed with the omniscience and omnipotence to absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, or question, or any thought whatsoever to the contrary, assure me that I am fated for eternal fire. Good luck on that, really. You know, for a self-professed good Christian, you don't seem to have learned a whole heck of a lot from Jesus.

Location hidden

#12942 Apr 10, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So you keep praying sweetie, so you keep praying.
<quoted text>Yet you seem quite absolutely certain that you have been greatly endowed with the omniscience and omnipotence to absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, or question, or any thought whatsoever to the contrary, assure me that I am fated for eternal fire. Good luck on that, really. You know, for a self-professed good Christian, you don't seem to have learned a whole heck of a lot from Jesus.
No, I don't pray for that. But I also know that:
"God gave them up" "men with men"

and

"homosexuals" "will not inherit the Kingdom of God"

Location hidden

#12943 Apr 10, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.-- Psalm 137:9
Your point?

Location hidden

#12944 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are accountable. It's in the Books.
Revelation 20:12-13 (NKJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
The Bible is crap. I couldn't care less.

Location hidden

#12945 Apr 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't pray for that. But I also know that:
"God gave them up" "men with men"
and
"homosexuals" "will not inherit the Kingdom of God"
Fine. I'll go to any kingdom as long as you fools aren't there.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#12946 Apr 10, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
How about giving us the contexts for each of these quotes so we know what you are talking about?
The Bible. You know, your "objective basis of morality?" The Bible says all of those things are moral. Now, you have to either admit that you think the Bible condones acts you find immoral (let's not forget slavery and beating slaves only enough so they don't die in a couple days) or you have to defend such acts as moral. I await your ridiculous response with bated breath.
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#12947 Apr 10, 2013
The bible is a book for psychos. No good god would value the bible.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point?
Thinking

Bolton, UK

#12948 Apr 10, 2013
The bible says there's been a war in heaven. It's a bit meh.
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine. I'll go to any kingdom as long as you fools aren't there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 45 min Cookie_Parker 20,080
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 53 min Jesus Is 5,587
+++++++++++ THE SECRET to IMMORTALITY +++++++++++ (Nov '14) 1 hr Jesus Is 43
Evidence that Christianity is a fraud 1 hr Jesus Is 6
Why do you really believe in a god? 6 hr 10uhsee 648
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 6 hr 10uhsee 1,380
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 7 hr KAB 8,360
Evidence Against God 7 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,932
More from around the web