Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12510 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know his "god doesn't exist"?
I know because I AM the one who knows.

Location hidden

#12511 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
So I am clueless because I asked WasteWater how he knows the God dollarsbill is talking about, the Christian God, doesn't exist?
A negative can't be proven, therefore no one can assert that God doesn't exist. It's that simple.
Dollarbill doesn't know the Christian God, neither do you.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12514 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I know because I AM the one who knows.
OK ...
You are more of an idiot than I thought.

Location hidden

#12515 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
OK ...
You are more of an idiot than I thought.
Who are you?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12516 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you were abused as a child. If telling you that most gays were abused as children is abusive, then you prove my point. If you were not abused as a child, then you chose to be gay as an adult.
Fallacies:

Argumentum ad verecundiam
Begging the question
Circular reasoning
Straw man
Either-or fallacy
Fallacy of Composition

Location hidden

#12517 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>It is true, which is why you did not fact-check it. In fact, here are the facts.
Most children are abused by men, allegedly.
1 in 4 girls or 25% are sexually abused by age 18. 49% of the population is male.
1 in 5 boys or 20% are sexually abused by age 18. 1.4% of the population is gay.
The fact is this, not all sexual abuse leads to homosexuality, but in this case about 5% does and that equates to about 1-2% of the population being gay. You should have consulted with your gay NAMBLA friends, that is why gays went into the priesthood, abuse of children and why you gays are targeting children as young as 5 under the disguise of indoctrination.
Answer me this: Why do we not have in black indoctrination classes for 5 year olds?
We do. They are called integrated kindergartens.

Location hidden

#12518 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>On other words, you are saying that only 1.4% of males admitted to being gay and only .8% of females admitted to being lesbian. So, if we double the figures and make it 2.8% and 1.6% than equates to about 2.2% gays in population. That would mean that 50% of gays are homophobic about being gay and suicidal. However, we know that most gay suicides are by openly gay folks.
Again with the Straw Man Fallacy.

You are a waste of time.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12519 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You say that because of your "great powers" or because you believe that the Christian God doesn't exist, even though you can't prove it? LOL!

Location hidden

#12520 Apr 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, God.
Biblicism is a heretical tradition that is itself a self-refuting tautology.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12521 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you?
I am Garlic man, can't you read?

Location hidden

#12522 Apr 6, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide: "You yourself just showed that the idea of omnipotence is self-contradictory."
That's what you MIStook what I said to mean.
However, what I WAS saying, is that God CAN create and utterly destroy anything He creates, BECAUSE He's omnipotent. And because He's omniscient, WERE He to create that which He later destroyed, He'd do so KNOWINGLY.
wilderide: " Furthermore, the Bible doesn't portray God as either omnipotent or omniscient, so where do you get the idea that God is either of those things?"
First-hand experience of God WITHIN - a resource I've found to be unfailingly inerrant, and thereby vastly superior, to the fallible veracity of men's accounts portraying God in the Bible.
That was loaded with fallacies.

You also ignored the problem I proposed.

Do I have to show the logic step by step, or can you try to work it out on your own (instead of reverting to Sunday School platitudes)?

Location hidden

#12523 Apr 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies:
Argumentum ad verecundiam
Begging the question
Circular reasoning
Straw man
Either-or fallacy
Fallacy of Composition
Indeed!

Location hidden

#12524 Apr 6, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
You leave me with no other choice than to think you're CHOOSING to be wickedly idiotic.
YOU are NOT righteous.
Is that clear enough for you?
He has a particularly toxic and pernicious bias set going on inside his head.

Location hidden

#12525 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Garlic man, can't you read?
So? I am the egg man.

Location hidden

#12527 Apr 6, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
How so, snyper?
Could you be more specific?
I'd really appreciate it.
Let's consider a classic corollary.

What if you used a time machine to go back in time and kill your parents as children?

Location hidden

#12528 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>How is one born a Lutheran, Catholic, Baptist or Methodist? Just how does that happen?
Yes, unlike sexual orientation, religion is a chosen lifestyle which needs to be indoctrinated ... literally.

Location hidden

#12529 Apr 6, 2013
St Black Pope wrote:
<quoted text>Some times I wonder, are you people unintentionally stupid or intentionally seeking mental illness help.
What you are professing is that the thoughts and feelings in your mind are unfailingly inerrant. If that were true, then you would know that you are foolish and you would also see God revealed in both His Son and His Word, the Holy Bible.
It is so our nature. Why did you go to school, read history books, science, math teachings, etc? Did you rely in some mental thought within and claim that 20x 20 is 20 and then claim the error to be unfailingly inerrant?
On other words, when the demon visits your mind, you have no source to identify it and it's nature. I find it striking, that the demon you speak of, is often in conflict with the Jesus, Bible and God which it fears.
That was a tangle of fallacies, there, youngster. lol

Location hidden

#12530 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
So I am clueless because I asked WasteWater how he knows the God dollarsbill is talking about, the Christian God, doesn't exist?
A negative can't be proven, therefore no one can assert that God doesn't exist. It's that simple.
Partially true, as long as you don't try to conclude that a lack of demonstrable and repeatable evidence is proof of his assertion.

That fallacy is called "Ignoratio elenchi".

Location hidden

#12531 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have said that he does know "the Christian God", but that he does not know Yeshua's Daddy.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12534 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So? I am the egg man.
I don't care who you are and I didn't ask about your identity. You, however asked for mine and I answered.
Are you really this stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother Teresa a Saint? What a cruel Joke!!! 1 min I love Jesus 142
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 6 min Cookie_Parker 20,704
gen 49: 27 8 min I love Jesus 88
YESHUA SAID DONT TRUST Pharisses!!!! 28 min messianic114 99
PAUL OUR FATHER . 1Cor 4: 15 (Feb '16) 57 min I love Jesus 162
HEB 13: 17 DO you ACCEPT THIS ADVICE?? 1 hr I love Jesus 19
QUESTIONS to DEMON Finder 1 hr I love Jesus 70
ROM 5: 20 or HEB 10: 26 / Rev 14: 12 1 hr I love Jesus 53
Bible Interpretation 1 hr messianic114 415
More from around the web