Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12486 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Should we follow your straw man distortions and try to make same sex activity the same as normal mom and dad sex and pairing? No, I think not.
Actually, there are no same sex pair bondings among non-human animals, so that is one lie you can't sell. You are free to try. In fact, scientist have determined that homosexual orientation does not exist among other species, which means that the existence among humans is simply gay delusion and agenda fodder.
Why don't you have eyes in the back of your head? Why do lesbians have wombs? Why do gay men use butts like vaginas? Why do lesbians use dildos like a penis? Why do dykes dress like men? Why are gay men either top, male, or bottom, female?
Why were most gays abused as children?
You don't appear to know the definition of the Straw Man fallacy.

Where are the links to your sources?

&fe ature=related

Among species that do pairbond, yes samesex pairbonds do occur, and have been recorded.

Location hidden

#12487 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Which would mean that if you had a clue, then you would correct them. It is a fact that the homosexual percentage has remained a constant of about 1%. Oddly, more gay men than lesbians, which dismisses the notion of acceptance. It is about 1.4% gay men and .8% lesbians, but with AIDS and suicides the numbers have declined.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/williams-institu...

Due to cross-referencing with data from other sources, this is generally viewed in the Government as an undercount of the population.

Location hidden

#12488 Apr 6, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no. He can DO it - it wouldn't make Him un-omnipotent!
He CAN create and utterly destroy anything He creates BECAUSE He's omnipotent.
And because He's omniscient, He creates what He will later destroy KNOWINGLY. Like evil, for instance?
Your logic is flawed.

Location hidden

#12489 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Just to be clear. You create your own evil and that is your choice. God will destroy the evil that you created and that is his choice. God did not create satan, his demons and your sin nature. God created Lucifer, who fail and gave you your sin nature and that God will destroy and you with it. Read your Bible.
That is unscriptural there, boyo.

Location hidden

#12490 Apr 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is with God of the Bible. BIG problem!
Naw. Just with you and Biblicism.

Inconsequential, indeed.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12491 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It is partly the liberal media. Gays hate children, because they were abused as children.
Not true. You could have easily fact-checked that bullshit.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12494 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you were abused as a child. If telling you that most gays were abused as children is abusive, then you prove my point. If you were not abused as a child, then you chose to be gay as an adult.
If you were not stupid as a child, then you chose to be stupid as an adult.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12496 Apr 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
Biblicism.
Yeah, God.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12497 Apr 6, 2013
Romans 6:16

16 Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#12498 Apr 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You yourself just showed that the idea of omnipotence is self-contradictory. Furthermore, the Bible doesn't portray God as either omnipotent or omniscient, so where do you get the idea that God is either of those things?
wilderide: "You yourself just showed that the idea of omnipotence is self-contradictory."

That's what you MIStook what I said to mean.
However, what I WAS saying, is that God CAN create and utterly destroy anything He creates, BECAUSE He's omnipotent. And because He's omniscient, WERE He to create that which He later destroyed, He'd do so KNOWINGLY.

wilderide: " Furthermore, the Bible doesn't portray God as either omnipotent or omniscient, so where do you get the idea that God is either of those things?"

First-hand experience of God WITHIN - a resource I've found to be unfailingly inerrant, and thereby vastly superior, to the fallible veracity of men's accounts portraying God in the Bible.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12499 Apr 6, 2013
Psalm 139:1-6

1 You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.

2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.

5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

God is all knowing.....(omniscient)
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12500 Apr 6, 2013
Job 42:2

2 I know that thou canst do all things, And that no purpose of thine can be restrained.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#12501 Apr 6, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, God.
Your God doesn't exist. Who cares?

Chicago, IL

#12502 Apr 6, 2013
Noah wrote:
<quoted text>Just to be clear. You create your own evil and that is your choice. God will destroy the evil that you created and that is his choice. God did not create satan, his demons and your sin nature. God created Lucifer, who fail and gave you your sin nature and that God will destroy and you with it. Read your Bible.
You leave me with no other choice than to think you're CHOOSING to be wickedly idiotic.
YOU are NOT righteous.
Is that clear enough for you?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12503 Apr 6, 2013
God is able to carry out His will, predict the future and determine the outcome of history.

Chicago, IL

#12504 Apr 6, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic is flawed.
How so, snyper?
Could you be more specific?
I'd really appreciate it.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12508 Apr 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God doesn't exist. Who cares?
How do you know his "god doesn't exist"?
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#12509 Apr 6, 2013
So I am clueless because I asked WasteWater how he knows the God dollarsbill is talking about, the Christian God, doesn't exist?
A negative can't be proven, therefore no one can assert that God doesn't exist. It's that simple.

Location hidden

#12510 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know his "god doesn't exist"?
I know because I AM the one who knows.

Location hidden

#12511 Apr 6, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
So I am clueless because I asked WasteWater how he knows the God dollarsbill is talking about, the Christian God, doesn't exist?
A negative can't be proven, therefore no one can assert that God doesn't exist. It's that simple.
Dollarbill doesn't know the Christian God, neither do you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dating Morals 3 hr DeDominicis 16
SCIENTIFIC ERRORS of the BOOK OF REVELATION. (Sep '08) 3 hr DeDominicis 44
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) Apr 17 pelham2micci 526
doggy style Apr 17 DeDominicis 3
What Does the Word Say Apr 16 arrow 3
In What Epoch or Era Apr 16 Joey 2
Atheism destroyed with one question (Jan '14) Apr 16 Joey 52