Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12255 Apr 4, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's right next to the evidence for evolution is true.
No, sorry. There are MOUNTAINS of evidence for evolution...
It's 2013. I can't believe we're still having this conversation. Evolution is a FACT.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12256 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
At the tomb of Lazarus, Jesus had said that "He that believes in Me shall live, even if he dies."
Jesus promised that He would prepare a place for us so that when we left this world, we could be with Him.
Never doubt the resurrection.
It is our hope and assurance.
Jesus, our Lord, was only the first to rise never to die again.
Praise the Lord!!!!
Yes, that's the ticket, isn't it? NEVER doubt. DO NOT allow logic or reason to creep in. You call it hope. I call it delusional.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12257 Apr 4, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeff: "All point to a physical body resurrection. To deny this, is to condemn yourself since it would mean that He really did not rise from the dead. I Cor 15:13-19
Regardless of what you believe will befall me, I don't think it is true that resurrection pertains to physical bodies, ie., dead ones, rising.
And in scripture, more often than not, the Truth MUST be discerned from what men misunderstand it to be.
For instance, 1 Cor 15:13 "But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not risen."
This is false nonesense - it contradicts Christ's divinity!
Because whether there is or isn't, for men, a resurrection of their dead, it would in no way bear on what's possible for Christ!
You've got an entirely wrong take on resurrection.
Dead bodies don't get resurrected!
Christ's BODY didn't rise from the dead, CHRIST HIMSELF DID! It was Christ, His I Am, Who had arisen from death, NOT His corpse.
What His Resurrection was meant to demonstrate and tell us is, WE WILL NOT CEASE TO EXIST when OUR bodies die....just as He didn't.
And despite many Christians believing it so, their dead bodies will NOT be resurrected, nor do ONLY Christians go to Heaven. And they certainly don't go BECAUSE they're Christians.
If your faith in Christ can be shaken, it's because Christ is not REAL to you.
If He were REAL to you, your faith wouldn't BE shakeable. Nothing could shake it.
1 Thessalonians 4:14

14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

This means we will be raised just as Jesus.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12258 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Thessalonians 4:14
14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
This means we will be raised just as Jesus.
This means you are a gullible fool.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12259 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
This means you are a gullible fool.
No, not a fool....

Trust, faith and belief.....

Psalm 92:6

6 Senseless people do not know,
fools do not understand,
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12260 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sorry. There are MOUNTAINS of evidence for evolution...
It's 2013. I can't believe we're still having this conversation. Evolution is a FACT.
Evolution weakens faith in God, undermines the arguments for God's existence, and is a fundamental tenet of all unbelievers.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12261 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not a fool....
Trust, faith and belief.....
Psalm 92:6
6 Senseless people do not know,
fools do not understand,
I think you're AFRAID to think for yourself.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12262 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that's the ticket, isn't it? NEVER doubt. DO NOT allow logic or reason to creep in. You call it hope. I call it delusional.
Hope/Desire....

"The expectation of something desirable."

It is pointed toward something, a specific object or goal.

That "something" is a desirable thing, a thing we admire and long for.

There is confidence that we will get the thing we desire.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12263 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution weakens faith in God, undermines the arguments for God's existence, and is a fundamental tenet of all unbelievers.
Evolution is a scientific FACT. Denial of reality is a fundamental tenet of believers.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#12264 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope/Desire....
"The expectation of something desirable."
It is pointed toward something, a specific object or goal.
That "something" is a desirable thing, a thing we admire and long for.
There is confidence that we will get the thing we desire.
Confidence in something for which there is NO PROOF? That's not to be admired, that's delusional.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12265 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're AFRAID to think for yourself.
LOL.....

enough said....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12266 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a scientific FACT. Denial of reality is a fundamental tenet of believers.
No wonder that, when people come to believe in evolution, they often lose their faith in God.

They have denied a doctrine found multitudes of times throughout the Bible, they have accepted a major tenet of unbelief, and they have denied an obvious proof of God's existence.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12268 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Confidence in something for which there is NO PROOF? That's not to be admired, that's delusional.
You see, while this world is a place of despair and hopelessness, our God is the God of hope, who causes us to "abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#12269 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the valid hope of the resurrection, there is only hopelessness left.
"If the dead are not raised,'Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."
That pretty much sums up the only reasonable perspective on life possible on the part of those who believe not in "the resurrection and the life."
"But now Christ has been raised from the dead; the first fruits of those who are asleep."
This is our hope and assurance.
The unbeliever has nothing to compare!
"Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
I thought I'd made it clear.
I didn't SAY there's no resurrection. I SAID, resurrection doesn't involve DEAD BODIES RISING.
I SAID, when we die, we DO NOT cease to exist.
Perhaps if you reread my comment, you'll realize you're refuting, not what I said, but what you feared I meant.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12270 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
This world is a place of failed dreams and efforts, but our God is the God of "living hope."

This world is a place of disappointment galore, but the Bible's promise is that God gives the Christian a hope that does not disappoint.

Romans 5:5

5 And hope does not put us to shame, because GodÂ’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#12271 Apr 4, 2013
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>LOl, you silly boy. This is what you really said
Evolution weakens my faith in God, undermines my arguments for God's existence, and is a fundamental tenet of all Christians, to be feared.
Open your eyes....

By God's direct involvement, all kinds of plants and animals were created from the very beginning.

God did not personally make just one or a few simple kinds and then just allow natural processes to take over and gradually produce the other kinds.

Rather, He personally spoke into existence all the different kinds.

God rested from creation only <<<<<after >>>>> He had created all the kinds of living things.

WAKE UP!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#12272 Apr 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, but the Bible insists on a monotheistic world view that has no room for an evil Deity. For there to be a Satan that rules this world, he would have to be a God, even if one subservient to the God of the Bible. Of course, the Bible makes it clear that ALL evil comes from the God of the Bible...
Isaiah 45:7 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD (YHVH) do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7 is, for Saulian dualists, very problematic. I have read multiple translations that attempt to "soften" the implications.

Location hidden

#12273 Apr 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather see that the Kama Sutra was true...
N.B.: Sanskrit - Karma; Pali - Kamma

Location hidden

#12274 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the valid hope of the resurrection, there is only hopelessness left.
"If the dead are not raised,'Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die."
That pretty much sums up the only reasonable perspective on life possible on the part of those who believe not in "the resurrection and the life."
"But now Christ has been raised from the dead; the first fruits of those who are asleep."
This is our hope and assurance.
The unbeliever has nothing to compare!
"Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?
During war, many soldiers have thrown themselves on grenades to protect their fellows.

Which of them is making the greater sacrifice: those that expect an afterlife, or those that expect none?

Location hidden

#12275 Apr 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes....
By God's direct involvement, all kinds of plants and animals were created from the very beginning.
God did not personally make just one or a few simple kinds and then just allow natural processes to take over and gradually produce the other kinds.
Rather, He personally spoke into existence all the different kinds.
God rested from creation only <<<<<after >>>>> He had created all the kinds of living things.
WAKE UP!!!
Nope.

The Father commanded the Earth to bring forth ...

It did. It still does. Rampantly and without judgement.

The Father "prunes" the vine of life.

It's a good mechanism which fills every available niche for life forms, in every possible variety and variation ...

including gay people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What If God Was Non-Existent? 49 min Gary Coaldigger 32
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 1 hr susanblange 420
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 1 hr little lamb 1,367
Why did Christ come to Earth? 2 hr truth 790
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 3 hr messianic114 3,364
Bible Interpretation 4 hr messianic114 1,631
Intelligent People Question Everything 4 hr messianic114 912
More from around the web