Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11571 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
For that to be true, you'd have to have evidence. Other than the assertion, what evidence have you to support this claim?
Your posts. Nearly everything you say about the Bible is erroneous or just plain lies.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#11572 Mar 27, 2013
so you're saying that in NT Christianity we are commanded to "keep-the-sabbath" ???.. chapter and verse please

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11574 Mar 27, 2013
cheapdollarsbill .. wow !!.. its that like your first post ??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11575 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
so you're saying that in NT Christianity we are commanded to "keep-the-sabbath" ???.. chapter and verse please
.......... waiting

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#11577 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Columbia University psychiatry professors Drs. William Byrne and Bruce Parsons stated: "There is no evidence that at present to substantiate a biological theory.[T]he appeal of current biological explanations for sexual orientation may derive more from dissatisfaction with the present status of psychosocial explanations than from a substantiating body of experimental data"
1: That quote came 20 years ago. Scientific research has produced huge swaths of information to which they were not privy back then.

2: You didn't cite your source. You didn't come up with that information on your own. You copy/pasted it without giving credit to where you found it. That's plagiarism, which is a crime. And, it's dishonest. But, dishonesty in the name of Jesus is totally cool, right?

3: It's William BYNE. I guess your super good source of information couldn't be bothered to spell the good man's name properly, which makes it more difficult to find the original text. But, if you had said who your source was, that would have shown how good a source you were using.

4: It's telling that you left out the next two sentences from the abstract: "In an alternative model, temperamental and personality traits interact with the familial and social milieu as the individual's sexuality emerges. Because such traits may be heritable or developmentally influenced by hormones, the model predicts an apparent nonzero heritability for homosexuality without requiring that either genes or hormones directly influence sexual orientation per se." So, it's a quotemine, which is also dishonest.

5: Because you copied the quotemine, and then pasted it, you either didn't know what it was actually saying and you just don't care about the facts, or you knew what it was saying and you didn't care about the lie. In either case, you're spreading someone else's dishonesty.

Naughty naughty.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11578 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
so Lowell .. you're saying that in NT Christianity we are commanded to "keep-the-sabbath" ???.. chapter and verse please
.......... waiting and waiting

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11579 Mar 27, 2013
so .. are you "gay" Lowell ..??

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11581 Mar 27, 2013
that's a yes or no question lowell

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

#11583 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Why? Are you interested?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11584 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
.. a simple Y/N

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#11588 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
2: You didn't cite your source. You didn't come up with that information on your own. You copy/pasted it without giving credit to where you found it. That's plagiarism, which is a crime. And, it's dishonest. But, dishonesty in the name of Jesus is totally cool, right?
His embarrassment at citing his source is understandable, he's learned by Conservapedia.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#11589 Mar 27, 2013
well .. since no one has any substance .. I'll check yall later .. http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp... .. nite

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11592 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... waiting and waiting
He never said to stop. He challenged the idea that worship was not to be done on the Sabbath, but never said to stop observing it.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#11593 Mar 27, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
.. a simple Y/N
What difference could it possibly make?

Location hidden

#11594 Mar 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is the weekly Sabbath commandment never quoted in the New Testament?
The gentiles never grasped that it derived from the first Jewish-organized successful union action in history ... the 6-day workweek.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#11595 Mar 28, 2013
What the f**k do you know? You can't even spell.

If your god is nice, I'll be just fine. Are you saying your god isn't nice?
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times must I explain it to you? Your choice: the Kingdom of God or the eternal fire. Those are your only options.
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#11596 Mar 28, 2013
"Remember kids, the bible is work of fiction. Don't try this at home."
Revelation 22:22
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessed are those who wash their robes .. that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city ... Outside are the dogs .. those who practise magic arts .. the sexually immoral .. the murderers .. the idolaters and everyone who loves and practises falsehood ... I .. Jesus .. have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches .. I am the Root and the Offspring of David .. and the bright Morning Star .. Revelation 22

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#11597 Mar 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What the f**k do you know? You can't even spell.
If your god is nice, I'll be just fine. Are you saying your god isn't nice?
<quoted text>
Repentance is a gift from God that you haven't received. Your fate:

"the furnace of fire" "wailing"

Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#11599 Mar 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was. Luke 4:16. Have you ever read a Bible? Or, you know, tried googling "Jesus observed the Sabbath" to check if what you're saying is true?
Luke 4:16

16 He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read,

Hmmmmmmm.....

I guess you have NO idea that Luke is in Old Testament.....

Again, we are under the New Testament.....

When did the New Testament come into effect???

Was Jesus crucified on the cross yet???

Hebrews 9:16-18

16 In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,

17 because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

18 This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.

We are under GRACE....

We are under the LAW OF CHRIST.....
Thinking

Barnsley, UK

#11600 Mar 28, 2013
If your god is good, I'll be just fine.

You can't disprove that.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Repentance is a gift from God that you haven't received. Your fate:
"the furnace of fire" "wailing"
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intelligent People Question Everything 33 min DESIGNED 1,208
Paul - scholar or ignoramus? 50 min osmiusisasimpleton 87
Gay! Gay! Gay! so help me God!! 52 min ChristianSphincter 96
Did Paul say he used guile? 1 hr christiansphicter 31
PAUL IS FROM the BENJAMIN TRIBE 1 hr christiansphicter 4
The Apostle Paul... 1 hr dollarsbillmastur... 82
The Nativity Story 1 hr dollarsbillmastur... 315
gen 49: 27 1 hr dollarsbillsphincter 934
Early Christianity 3 hr Big Al 396
More from around the web