Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10924 Mar 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe true, IF you are not one of the children of Israel, there is no reason for you to be under those Laws. However, if you are going to worship the God of the Bible, then you have chosen to place yourself under them.
<quoted text>
No such thing exists.
It is obvious that you have NO idea what a covenant is......

If you understood covenants then you would understand the meaning of the Old and New Testaments.....

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10925 Mar 22, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you ask an intelligent question?
I'm not asking.

When you know the difference, let me know.

Oh, when you reach puberty, use deodorant. Just sayin.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10926 Mar 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are saying that God was a liar when He said that the Law was FOR EVER.
You need to first understand who the Law was for????

Hebrews 7:18-19

18 The *former regulation* is set aside because it was weak and useless

19 *(for the law made nothing perfect),* and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

*former regulation.....The Law - Old Testament....IS set aside....

WHY???

because it was WEAK and USELESS......

WHY???

*for the Law made NOTHING PERFECT......

Now, go down to this verse:

Hebrews 7:22

22 Because of this oath,*****Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.*****

Jesus HAS BECOME the GUARANTOR of a....WHAT?????

BETTER COVENANT.....NEW TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10927 Mar 22, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Catechism of the Catholic Church states, "The Law has not been abolished, but rather man is invited to rediscover it in the person of his Master who is its perfect fulfillment" (CCC 2053).
Christ said He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it.
The Law had a fault, not in itself, but in the inadequacy of those who tried to live by it.

Hebrews 8:7

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant,(Old Testament) no place would have been sought for another.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10928 Mar 22, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Whwn God calls us... you do know what scripture that is, correct?
2 Thessalonians 2:14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10929 Mar 22, 2013
moki wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'god' really said is 'I wish I was as AWESOME as River!'
Hey Moki !!

I really like this song.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10930 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
My desire was to be straight. I am doing what God wanted.
And "the line of least resistance" is to be straight. It's much harder to be gay.
You got lucky.
God's will, Tony, NOT ours....

What you are really saying is:

I will do exactly what God wants as long as it is also what I want.

Romans 12:1

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy,*****to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.*****

Now, Tony, go to the next verse:

Romans 12:2

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.[[[[[Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.]]]]]

If our way of discerning God’s will is what pleases me, what is most financial for me, what makes me happy, <<<<<then our testing is way off base.>>>>>

I am to discern God’s will by testing MY DESIRE against His word.

Then, with knowledge of His word, I will know His will.

Search way down in your heart, Tony.....

Remembering that God should be LIVING IN YOU.....

In your lifestyle that you are leading now, is it really pleasing to God???

Can you offer your body as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10932 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The intact Word of God is not available to us.
The Bible comes from God and is His Word.

It is the only source of truth to show you what is going on, where you are, and where you are headed if something doesn’t change.

In other words, God's word is sufficient to save your SOUL (spiritually).
moki

Hove, UK

#10933 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moki !!
I really like this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MDY42pFwq7cXX
Here's some more music 4 ya ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10934 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That is only a starting point. You seem to be stuck there and think you're done already.
No, it is the beginning of your knowledge and understanding of your relationship between you and God....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10935 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not one of Christ's Disciples. They lived with Him and learned from Him directly. You cannot compare yourself to them.
The quote specified the number of Disciples. It was not referring to just any old "followers."
You are not qualified to act like one of the twelve.
No, Tony, I am NOT an apostle.....

I do not possess the qualifications of an apostle......

A disciple....YES!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10936 Mar 22, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing apostles with discipes. Twelve apostles. All Cristians are disciples of Jesus.
Correct...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10937 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
apostles and disciples are interchangeable words, as far as I know.
Special qualifications for apostles which I do not possess.....

disciple...a "follower" of Christ....YES!!!

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10938 Mar 22, 2013
moki wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some more music 4 ya ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R9WTlP08LEgXX
Precious and Grace.

Billy Gibbons said Precious looked like her face caught on fire and somebody tried to stomp it out with a track shoe.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#10939 Mar 22, 2013
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10940 Mar 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
As always, the Bible says that you are wrong:
Genesis 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
2 Samuel 22:25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me (David) according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
1 Kings 3:14 (Addressing Solomon) And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
Isaiah 3:10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.
<Obviously, there were enough sinless people that Isaiah was not going to name them individually!)
Luke 1:6 And they (Elisabeth and Zechariah) were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
James 5:16 ...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
<James, the brother of Jesus, believed that there were righteous people.>
Ezekiel 18:5 But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
18:9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord God.
Luke 2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout...
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
<Hmm, and that was Jesus talking... looks like Jesus thought that there were just people without sin.>
Luke 23:50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:
Yeah, the Bible and the New Testament too say that there have been people without sin.
1 John 3:5

5 But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him (Jesus) is no sin.

Jesus the sinless one....

Hebrews 4:15

15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but [[[[[we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he (Jesus) did not sin.]]]]]

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10942 Mar 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not asking.
When you know the difference, let me know.
Oh, when you reach puberty, use deodorant. Just sayin.
Enjoy your lies, insults and name calling while you can. The clock is ticking.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#10943 Mar 22, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text> No, I don't have a problem with Christians, they don't beat people with the bible. I am not sure why my sexuality, or my sex matters to you, why does it?
Now please do show me just where its written in the bible where God ranks sin according to severity.
You should be concerned with what God said:

"homosexuals" "will not inherit the Kingdom of God"

That means eternity in fire.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#10944 Mar 22, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Actully the Torah, was written in Hebrew. You will not find a word for homosexual in Hebrew. The word Homosexual did not exist untill
I Cor 6 is from Greek.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10945 Mar 22, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I am not committing the same sin every day. Being gay is not a sin. And I certainly don't have sex every day, I'm married.
However, you appear to be committing the same few sins every day just in what you are posting here.
But the rest of your presumptuous post is really offensive.
I guess you need the more detailed version of my truth.
You sit here and make condescending statements as if I don't already know these things:
"there must be a kind of suffering and self-denial.
There is a cross to bear daily.
The body must be kept under/brought into subjection."
Really? Do you even read my posts? Here is my living example of all those things:
I realized I had homosexual feelings when I was 12. I never acted on them.
Here is my suffering and self-denial, and remember in doing all this I was an innocent child:
I prayed every single day. No matter what else was important in my life, I prayed every day, as a child, for God to not do this to me. I prayed for Him to change me. I asked what I did wrong to make this happen. I begged, I cried. I was terrified. I prayed as if my soul depended on it, because I thought it did. Again, I was a child. I should have been enjoying being a child instead of putting myself through this torture because of things people like you say so carelessly.
During this time I discovered masturbation (in my sleep, the first time, as I woke up.) When I realized what that was all about, I thought I could make myself straight if I forced myself to think of women while doing it. That little experiment went on far too long. Then I heard a man on TV say you could start off thinking of a man, and then look at a picture of a naked woman at the last minute, and that would work. Tried that. No good.
All the while - still praying, crying, etc.
So now I'm in high school, kind of small and skinny, didn't exactly have girls beating down my door. Still, I was friends with them, and thought I would just marry one of my friends and nobody would ever know how I felt. I hid behind religion, claiming I wouldn't sleep with a woman until I got married to justify why I was a virgin. You can't imagine the stress, pressure, and unhappiness.
In my senior year, I started to date girls. I'd kiss them, but that was it, again hiding behind my religion, while they cheated on me because they wanted to have sex.
All this time, still praying, still holding out hope, still burying my real self, still wanting to not be gay. But who was I to put a time clock on God? I thought I just had to hold out until He did His magic trick.
(continued in next post)
I really appreciate your testimony, Tony....

I am truly sorry about the trials you've had to overcome....

I will not keep on you about this.....I do want to leave you with a couple of things to consider.....

God has a moral will....

With certain moral decisions, you do not have to look any further than the Word of God to determine the Will of God.

It is never God’s will that you sin.

It is never God’s will that you lie, steal, hurt another person, etc.

Remain in the moral will of God other answers will be more clear...

"Delight yourselves in the Lord and he will give you the desires of the heart."

Please don't get in backwards...

"give me the desires of my heart and I will delight in you."

May God grant you the true knowledge of His word.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Intelligent People Question Everything 32 min blessed 872
Why did Christ come to Earth? 34 min blessed 707
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) (Mar '16) 44 min ROG 3,314
The Moral Failure Of Christians 1 hr Taranis 311
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 1 hr Barmsweb 1,319
WHICH of the 3 ACCOUNTS IS CORRECT????? (Jan '16) 2 hr Taranis 433
Just A Talk With You Christians. 5 hr blessed 482
Bible Interpretation 5 hr blessed 1,581
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 14 hr NO WAY 20,825
More from around the web