Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10799 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate your up front testimony....
You wrote:
I always will be gay.
How do you know that God won't send an angel, a dream, or someone into your life to show you otherwise???
God NEVER changes but man can....esp when it comes to OBEYING God....
God can prick your heart/conscience to change in a second...
Many people deplore hard preaching that may prick their consciences, but rather cry:
Isaiah 30:10
10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
They demand <smooth things> that will lull them into a spiritual sleep.
To those who are guilty of some sin that sin needs to be pointed out and specifically condemned when there is need.
As sin separates us from God.
Tony....you are 'living according to the flesh' vs.'living in the Spirit'....reason often vanishes when weighed against lust and self-gratification.
Galatians 5:19-21
19 ~~~The acts of the flesh are obvious:~~~ sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;
20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions
21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Think about it!
I know God won't send me an angel or a dream to the contrary for because:

1. Why wouldn't He have already done so by now? What would He wait for?
2....for the same reason I know God won't send an angel to change my dog into a cat: He made the dog for a purpose, and that purpose has not changed. Can He do it? Of course. Will He? Of course not. Why would He?

Please do not mischaracterize me. I have always obeyed God. I have never been ruled by lust.

If I were ruled by lust, I would cheat on my husband. If I am so immoral, why don't I do that? If I have so little self-control, why not? Why doesn't he do the same?

Because we are not "in lust," we fell in love and got married before God til death do us part.

You, like Laci, make so many presumptions - and you're wrong. I read these paragraphs about people who don't want to hear what God has to say, etc.- that in no way resembles my life. You make it sound like we have drunken orgies. I'm sure there are people out there who are led around by their sex organs, or who are alcoholics, drug addicts, etc.- that life is not mine. I am not addicted to my husband. We have a very nice, tame life. We do not do wrong things.

The fact that you can't believe that because of something you've read and attribute to God is truly crazy. I will put my real life experience with God against your interpretation of a misinterpreted book any day, in good conscience, with no fear.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10801 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>I am not antichristian, I am antifundie.
Now please do show me just where its written in the bible where God ranks sin according to severity.
Will there be any sin in heaven???

NO!!!

Why???

Because God HATES sin....

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10802 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
".........I also ask my Precious Father to reveal to me anything that I am doing that would be sinful. "
HELLOOOOO..... open up your ears.... you are sinning with your arrogant condemnations of others.
Humilityy isn't doubting your faith it is recognizing God has a relationship with all his children. You are NO better than anyone Else, sinner.
exactly
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10803 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Some time back, my (autistic) son found out that I was planning a menu that he did not like. He warned me that if I did not cook what he wanted, he was going to reconstitute the Nazi army and the Soviet army and unite them under his banner and defeat me.
Your threat is just as meaningless, just as childish, but not nearly as cute.
was it effective?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10804 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. You will still stand judgment.
YES!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10806 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Does god rank sin in severity?
Now answer the question or shut your pie hole.
Getting frustrated, I see!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10807 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Won't we all, well except for me. I was born on dec, 25. I am good to go
lol.....

And, you think Jesus was born on Dec. 25th???? lol......
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10808 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Will there be any sin in heaven???
NO!!!
Why???
Because God HATES sin....
"Now please do show me just where its written in the bible where God ranks sin according to severity" Errrr.... dodged that one didn't ya?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#10809 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident = it is recognizing God has a relationship with all his children

but not ALL are his children .. John 1:12

only through his son

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10810 Mar 21, 2013
God has a relationship with all his children

Harlot doctrine .. and God is undefined
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10811 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
nc resident = it is recognizing God has a relationship with all his children
but not ALL are his children .. John 1:12
only through his son
And neither you nor I can determine who, how or when God will establish a relationship with someone. I have a realtionship and believing as I do that God's grace is waiting for all I faithfully believe those who seek God will find him.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10812 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
God has a relationship with all his children
Harlot doctrine .. and God is undefined
Yes God is undefined. Some day face to face...

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10813 Mar 21, 2013
inorder to become a child of God ... you MUST be born-again .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11

hear is what this concept means

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10814 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
And neither you nor I can determine who, how or when God will establish a relationship with someone. I have a realtionship and believing as I do that God's grace is waiting for all I faithfully believe those who seek God will find him.
oh blah blah blah ......

you should try reading and abiding in God's truth .. the Bible .. God has explained and defined how we come to him ... all other way are so much the world rearing the world ... until your ministry is pointing to Jesus .. you are living a lie

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10815 Mar 21, 2013
ways . . . hearing

Since: Mar 13

Kailua Kona, HI

#10816 Mar 21, 2013
this is such a funny argument... what will the result of gay marriage be to the world?
SIMPLY GAY PEOPLE ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED!!! Leave it to others to complicate things!
REPENT AND BE CHANGED

Bell, CA

#10817 Mar 21, 2013
THEY CHANGE THE TRUTH OF GOD TO BE A LIE
http://www.alamoministries.com/content/englis...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10818 Mar 21, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
oh blah blah blah ......
you should try reading and abiding in God's truth .. the Bible .. God has explained and defined how we come to him ... all other way are so much the world rearing the world ... until your ministry is pointing to Jesus .. you are living a lie
seems to piss you off that God doesn't love only you... brush up on your scripture... prodigal son ...to start

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10819 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
And neither you nor I can determine who, how or when God will establish a relationship with someone
God has already reconciled all men to himself .. God has already done the work to bring man into a right relationship with himself

Jesus:...... "it is finished"

the ball is in OUT court ...

WE must turn to God by turning to his son

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#10820 Mar 21, 2013
OUR court ....... I'm all thumbs =:0]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 1 min Taranis 384
You are God, What is the first thing you Fix? 17 min Taranis 26
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 27 min PhillGeorge 2,547
Wives Cannot Speak in the Assemblies, Unmarried... 28 min PhillGeorge 14
Early Christianity 47 min PhillGeorge 1,552
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 52 min PhillGeorge 10
The Deception of the Teaching of the Trinity 53 min PhillGeorge 110
More from around the web