Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10717 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you missed the entire point.
John 8:7
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Are you with out sin???? Got rocks?
He will very very rarely respond to the point. He just pastes stuff.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10719 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goody a cafeteria christian. Jesus said let you with out a sin cast the first stone. He then told the hooker, stop sinning. You morons think you can sin six days a week, go to church on Sunday ( which is the WRONG day) ask for forgiveness, cut a check for ten percent of your weeks earnings and do it all over again.
God ( your god) sees all sin as the same. He does not rank one more eveil than the others. STOP trowing rocks you idiot.
Agreed! The day was never changed. People changed it.

But as you can see, there are folks who can twist that book to say whatever they want.

Nevermind how clear God made it that the Sabbath was the seventh day - over and over - repeated again and again - and how important it was to keep it.

Had it actually changed, there could be no question about it. He would have been equally clear and repetitive. You wouldn't have to twist one passage to make it fit.

They don't even realize why it was moved to Sunday by people.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10720 Mar 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But your antiChristian opinion is of Satan. Now you know. You are delivered unto Satan in Jesus' Name.
1 Corinthians 5:5 (NKJV)
5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
and that's your standard cop-out when you don't have an answer.

What a great way to bring people to Christ!(Not.)

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#10725 Mar 21, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we believe you or Paul? I'll stick with what God said.
So you are are worshiping Paul as God. That's idolatry and heresy.

“The Topix Legend of "GS"!”

Since: Sep 10

Yunited States, North America

#10726 Mar 21, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, I came to this thread late, and had to go back to when you first told your story. Then I read every post. I found it interesting, informative, and I suppose inspirational to some. Even though I am Agnostic, I am happy for those who are able to reconcile their lives and their religion. Kudos to you and those like you. I only hope you can convince others to quit using it to justify their hatred.
Hello RalphB. I haven't seen you posting in sometime. I hope all is well with you.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10727 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But how can you trust the word of someone who chose to sign the name of Paul to his own works, thus starting out with a lie?
Paul didnít just claim to be an apostle, he claimed that it was by Godís will and Godís command.

If it was by God's will and God's COMMAND that Paul be an apostle, why would there by any question concern this???

Who has the authority God or man???

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10728 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me Laci are you without sin? What sepperates you from all other sinners??? Why are your sins any less vile in gods squinty eyes?
In answer to your questions.......
1. I am human and I mess up however, I know when I do and I repent.

2. I am separated because I have repented turned from a life of sin, and received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Because I am covered by His precious blood, you have/are not. See the difference in you and I?

3.I have an (advocate ***JESUS***)you don't.

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2).

Definition of ADVOCATE

: one that pleads the cause of another; specifically : one that pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court
: one that defends or maintains a cause or proposal
: one that supports or promotes the interests of another

Hope this helps......
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10729 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
NO man can atone for another. All must atone for their own sins.
Sin is an act committed by the individual....yes, the individual will be judged by his sins that he has committed.....

Before God even created the world, before He set the stars in place, before He breathed the breathe of life into the nostrils of man, God knew that mankind would fall.

He knew that mankind would sin and rebel against Him.

And knowing this, God planned and God set in motion, the means for mankindís redemption, through the death and atoning sacrifice of the Lamb, His Son, Jesus Christ.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10730 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do YOU reject that Rev. Sun Young Moon was the most recent incarnation of Jesus?
He is dead....

False teacher....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10731 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky for Tony, there is NOT ONE verse in the Bible that LEGITIMATELY translates as a condemnation of homosexuality. In fact, the Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
There was NO marriage of David and Johnathan.....

Accept/reject....homosexuality is a sin....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10733 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take that out of context. When Jesus said that he was "fulfilling" the Law, he was referring to his MANDATORY appearance at the Temple as part of the celebration of the Feast of Passover. Had he not been executed by the Romans, he would have had to show up again the very next year, to fulfill the Law, and the year after that, and the year after that, etc, etc, etc...
The lamb (Jesus Christ) has been sacrificed so that eternal death my pass over us.

Since: Aug 08

Somewhere in Ireland

#10734 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text> In answer to your questions.......
1. I am human and I mess up however, I know when I do and I repent..........
I would genuinely like to know what you do when you "mess up". Your self righteous attitude does not suggest someone who thinks they could ever "mess up". What terrible things do you do in your life that make you feel guilty? Do you kick the neighbour's cat or something?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10735 Mar 21, 2013
Apollo11911 wrote:
<quoted text>What makes homosexuality any more serious than any other sin? Does god see all the sin the same?? According to god, only 1 sin is unforgivable. please list the next 10 sins in order of severity. You fill in them, and provide scripture to back up the severity.
1 = worst
Sin is a transgression of the law of God.

When we go beyond what God tells us to do, or when we do not live up to His expectations, then we have transgressed His law.

"unrighteousness"

"defilement"

sin is like a stain or a spot on a beautiful garment...

sin stains the beautiful garment that we should possess...

Now, figure it out...
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10736 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
2. I am separated because I have repented turned from a life of sin, and received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Because I am covered by His precious blood, you have/are not. See the difference in you and I?
"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world" (1 John 2:1-2).
Definition of ADVOCATE
: one that pleads the cause of another; specifically : one that pleads the cause of another before a tribunal or judicial court
Hope this helps......
In other words...yes you sin. Mess up means you don't accept the responsibility for your sins.
nc resident

Charlotte, NC

#10737 Mar 21, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The lamb (Jesus Christ) has been sacrificed so that eternal death my pass over us.
Amen to that. You will still stand judgment.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10740 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
Definition of ADVOCATE
Hope this helps......
Pasting the bible does not mean you are right.

You claim: "I am human and I mess up however, I know when I do and I repent."

That's not true. You don't know some of the times when you mess up. Not only do you not repent for it, you proudly repeat it, and even further, you lie about it and say that God supports it.

That's what happens when you have a closed mind and think all the answers are in a book.

Do you deny that you learn more and more as you study? Do you deny that you may have once thought something meant one thing, but then later learned you were misinterpreting it?

So how do you know, at any given time, which things you are misinterpreting, and which things you have correct?

The answer is you don't. No one does, and that is where humility comes in. You never say I KNOW EVERYTHING, even if you think your bible is everything.

You acknowledge that you are human and you can always be wrong. Even if you think the bible is the Word of God (which I cannot accept that it is 100% accurate because it isn't) but if you do, YOU CAN STILL BE WRONG about what you think it means.

I go further and say you can be wrong because of mistranslations, but that's a separate issue.

You also state:

"I am separated because I have repented turned from a life of sin, and received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Because I am covered by His precious blood, you have/are not. See the difference in you and I?"

How dare you assume who is or is not with the Lord? Yes, I see the difference in you and I. You are arrogant, hypocritical, and a simpleton who can't even begin to understand that which you espouse and claim as fact against other people.

Finally, you state: "I have an (advocate ***JESUS***)you don't."

And that is another clue how off the mark you are. You want/need to be/feel special. You're not. You're just another sinner like everyone else. "No one shall seek God, not one," remember? So if you are on the side of God, you don't brag about it because you did nothing to earn that. Why don't you know that?

Everyone has an advocate in Jesus if they believe in Him. You don't have a monopoly on that. And those who don't believe in Him can be every bit as good a person as anyone else.

While we're at it - what was the big life of sin from which you turned?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#10741 Mar 21, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God
is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Here are some men and women who mocked God:
JOHN LENNON: Some years before, during his interview with an
American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will
disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus
was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more
famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
The babbling of Paul has nothing to do with what the Bible says. False prophets do not speak for any God.

Nor is that in any way relevant to what I post, since I post things that are taken directly from the Bible, WITHOUT the filter of a false prophet perverting their meanings. Case in point, the Bible and abortion:

Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
21:25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Pay attention here, it is time to read for comprehension...

If men cause a woman to abort the fetus she is carrying, but the woman herself is unharmed, then the husband can take them to court and demand a few shekels for the lost potential. That is it, case closed.

However, if the WOMAN is harmed, THEN it becomes an eye for an eye, etc. Obviously, the fetus has value ONLY as a potential. So too with the fruit of a field:

Exodus 22:5 If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.

Gee, it looks like the fetus has LESS value than the field, since a dead fetus only gains a few coins, while taking the harvest out of someone's field requires full restitution in kind.

As usual, it is YOU who is mocking the God of the Bible.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10742 Mar 21, 2013
nc resident wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words...yes you sin. Mess up means you don't accept the responsibility for your sins.
I don't practice sin "resident" I can't and call myself a Christian. Do you? Like I said when I do something wrong I know it and I repent. It is clear you want to pick a fight with me so give it your best shot....... the Lord has my back. You know not what spirit uses you.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10743 Mar 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The babbling of Paul has nothing to do with what the Bible says. False prophets do not speak for any God.
Nor is that in any way relevant to what I post, since I post things that are taken directly from the Bible, WITHOUT the filter of a false prophet perverting their meanings. Case in point, the Bible and abortion:
Exodus 21:22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.
21:23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,
21:24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
21:25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Pay attention here, it is time to read for comprehension...
If men cause a woman to abort the fetus she is carrying, but the woman herself is unharmed, then the husband can take them to court and demand a few shekels for the lost potential. That is it, case closed.
However, if the WOMAN is harmed, THEN it becomes an eye for an eye, etc. Obviously, the fetus has value ONLY as a potential. So too with the fruit of a field:
Exodus 22:5 If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.
Gee, it looks like the fetus has LESS value than the field, since a dead fetus only gains a few coins, while taking the harvest out of someone's field requires full restitution in kind.
As usual, it is YOU who is mocking the God of the Bible.
.....you are carnal minded.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Location hidden

#10745 Mar 21, 2013
Tony said> That's not true. You don't know some of the times when you mess up. Not only do you not repent for it, you proudly repeat it, and even further, you lie about it and say that God supports it.

Tony, I do know when I do wrong for the most part, I always ask God to forgive me for anything I have said and done that I am unaware of.........I also ask my Precious Father to reveal to me anything that I am doing that would be sinful.

Listen, you can try all day long right along with "nc resident " to discredit me......go for it. Truth is, I am saved from the curse of sin and you are not.........now you are rebellious and living a lifestyle that is an abomination to God.

You can play all day long like you are happy with your partner, truth is there is no happiness in you, not real happiness........sin breeds death and misery.

Now, I can tell you in all honesty I am happy with my life. Knowing that I do not have everything under control but, that God does. You are not the first one to try to make me doubt my faith and walk with God.........it is impossible for you to do that.

I know in whom I have believed (smiling and thankful).....and with that knowledge comes peace and comfort. Thanks for your post, with each one that attacks.....I am reminded of the "sure" foundation I am standing on. He is wonderful this "Father" of mine. I love being His daughter.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Topix forum? 1 min NDanger 133
The Dumbest Creationist on Earth 2 min Nc here 414
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 min Gary Coaldigger 18,022
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 4 min dollarsbill 702
Jesus is God 5 min dollarsbill 105
Sad 6 min Nc here 2
Police on alert across America after murder of ... 19 min dollarsbill 3
More from around the web