Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10339 Mar 19, 2013
Happy Easter Sock wrote:
<quoted text>
1 John 4:
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1 John 2:
9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
>^o^<
Perfect love does these two things: it keeps the commandments of God and it also casts out fear.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10340 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which does not mean we should not fear God.
1 Peter 2:17 (NKJV)
17 Fear God.
2 Kings 17:25 (NKJV)
25 And it was so, at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they did not fear the LORD; therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which killed some of them.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

We love, because He first loved us.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10341 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Well, gosh darn it.
Where are the Two Greatest Commandments on your list of requirements?
At the bottom?
Not my requirements but God's....

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#10342 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.
We love, because He first loved us.
Which does not rule out fearing God.

"making them an example"

2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10343 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Which does not rule out fearing God.
"making them an example"
2 Peter 2:4-6 (NKJV)
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly; 6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly;
Without the fear of the Lord, there is no reason "in their hearts" to respect Him and obey Him.

Faithful service to God and obedience to Christ is rooted in the FEAR OF THE LORD.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10344 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my requirements but God's....
So, you are saying you have your own requirements?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10345 Mar 19, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are saying you have your own requirements?
God's will = God's requirements....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10346 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are burning in Hell forever you will remember that I cared enough to warn you.
Jude 1:22-23 (NKJV)
22 And on some have compassion, making a distinction; 23 but others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire, hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
Argumentum ad baculum DISMISSED

NEXT

Location hidden

#10347 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
It means what it says, FEAR. The NT confirms.
Hebrews 10:31 (NKJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Your God is too small.

Location hidden

#10348 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the God of the Bible Who drowned all but 8 to make an example of them?
Since none of that actually happened, what example was this? An example that God is a liar?

Location hidden

#10349 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is, in my heart, a healthy fear and respect toward God, that is the beginning of a good life of right knowledge and right behavior.
My life is better than your life.... Nayner nayner nayne.....

GROW UP !!!!!

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#10350 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Argumentum ad baculum DISMISSED
NEXT
Just delivering my soul.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#10351 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Since none of that actually happened, what example was this? An example that God is a liar?
Glad I didn't say that.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10352 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
GROW UP !!!!!
lol....lol....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10353 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
GROW UP !!!!!
It is obvious that you haven't opened the door....

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#10354 Mar 19, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the fear of the Lord, there is no reason "in their hearts" to respect Him and obey Him.
Faithful service to God and obedience to Christ is rooted in the FEAR OF THE LORD.
Truth: "Faithful service to God and obedience to Christ is rooted in the FEAR OF THE LORD. "

Could you explain that?
Are you saying people serve God faithfully and obey Christ because they fear the Lord?
That people wouldn't be faithful and obedient if they didn't fear Him?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#10355 Mar 19, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
God is not like man.

God doesnÂ’t lie.

God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#10356 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to the God of the Bible Who drowned all but 8 to make an example of them?
Of course not! After all, that never happened.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#10357 Mar 19, 2013
Neonbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just tell us little name caller? You don't know? Ok.
*Yawn* Your dodge tactics are rather jejeune. What are you, 14? Just answer the question. What language(s) did Jesus speak?

I'll even give you a hint, it WASN'T English.

Annnnndddddddd GO!

*starts theme from Jeopardy*

“The Final Sacrifice”

Since: Feb 13

Be Blessed

#10358 Mar 19, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there is but One. The offering of Christ Jesus on the cross at Calvary was the last sacrifice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 32 min Big Al 1,673
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 36 min Big Al 151
Can You Be A Christian AND Believe In Reincarna... (May '09) 2 hr Scientist 474
The truth is difficult, I understand. 2 hr Scientist 59
breath of god, and how we come to light. 2 hr Scientist 12
Ryan Dunn's Dead and Atheisms Failure (Jun '11) 10 hr truth 17
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 10 hr Barmsweb 1,682
More from around the web