Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16103 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#10207 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>He has posted the truth it is hard to read for some, nevertheless God's Word is all truth.
I believe 100% in marrying and forming strong families.....it is only through how God intended man and woman.
God did not give anyone the desire to be attracted to the same gender. If His Word is against it so is He.
He is not cruel He is Sovereign and most Holy. No one says you have to follow Him....you will wish you did though.
Seems kinda hypocritical of you atheist who dispute His being and then when something is posted about sin, you are the first to blame Him.........
So how is it with you? Do you believe in Him and just angry that He will not allow sin into heaven?
Do you know the difference between opinion and fact? Exactly how can you prove that the Buybull is "the word of God?" YOU CAN'T, honey. So grow up and face reality. Until you can prove there is a heaven or hell, you should keep your opinions to yourself and with other people in your church. Trying to force adults to believe your mythology , just because you 'think' it's true, makes you appear incredibly simple-minded.

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10208 Mar 16, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the difference between opinion and fact? Exactly how can you prove that the Buybull is "the word of God?" YOU CAN'T, honey. So grow up and face reality. Until you can prove there is a heaven or hell, you should keep your opinions to yourself and with other people in your church. Trying to force adults to believe your mythology , just because you 'think' it's true, makes you appear incredibly simple-minded.
Yes I do.......facts

God is real
God is all knowing
God is in control
God is love
God is merciful
God is Sovereign
God has always been
God always will be God

God is......

You not believing in Him, proves you lack of intelligence.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it, instead of the other stuff.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#10209 Mar 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Alas, ALL of our English Bibles say you are wrong.
What language did Christ speak?
Idiot!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10210 Mar 16, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
What language did Christ speak?
Idiot!!!
I heard Aramaic but I'm quite sure they read the Hebrew Scripture Scrolls in Ancient Hebrew.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10216 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>He has posted the truth it is hard to read for some, nevertheless God's Word is all truth.
I believe 100% in marrying and forming strong families.....it is only through how God intended man and woman.
God did not give anyone the desire to be attracted to the same gender. If His Word is against it so is He.
He is not cruel He is Sovereign and most Holy. No one says you have to follow Him....you will wish you did though.
Seems kinda hypocritical of you atheist who dispute His being and then when something is posted about sin, you are the first to blame Him.........
So how is it with you? Do you believe in Him and just angry that He will not allow sin into heaven?
Laci, people married for various reasons, such as legal, social, emotional, economical, spiritual and religious, love and affection were not necessary in that primitive culture and there was no formal ceremony.
You, as the person you are today, would never wish to be a part of that culture where you were promised to another by your parents when you were thirteen.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10217 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do.......facts
God is real
God is all knowing
God is in control
God is love
God is merciful
God is Sovereign
God has always been
God always will be God
God is......
Laci, just because another person does not believe as you doesn't mean they are using drugs.
Geez.
If your wish your right to believe as you wish to always BE a right, then, recognize that same right of other people.
In helping to protect the freedom of religion, protecting another person's right ensures your own.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#10219 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
God is real
God is all knowing
God is in control
God is love
God is merciful
God is Sovereign
God has always been
God always will be God
God is......
Even if I believe all those same things, they are not facts.

They are beliefs.

Get it right.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10220 Mar 16, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard this today and just thought of you, sugarbritches ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8T3GDvqiM4QXX
great song for a drag show too!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#10221 Mar 16, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in Hell? You don't know? You are confused? Please choose.
Hmmm. Spending eternity with good decent people or with you.

Decisions decisions. Talk about an easy choice!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#10222 Mar 16, 2013
Jenny wrote:
one man + one woman = marrisage
I've been asking this question for over four years now. If marriage was always one man one woman why did you folks need to change laws and pass State Constitutional Amendments to make it one man one woman? Could it be that you actually believe that "States Rights" trumps what is in the U.S. Constitution?

Or could it be that you all got your 15 minutes of fame and glory and now that it's fading you decide to act like a child who's snow cone fell on the ground?

People like YOU people created DOMA. And now you're mad because you realize that your law is one giant clusterfuck.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#10223 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I have never seen you post hate. I see you post scripture that makes the trolls angry, yet it is only the Word of God......they can deny the truth however, they can not run from it. There will and is a price to pay for their rebellion against the God of Heaven. God bless...
As a Christian I know that Jesus paid the ultimate price as payment for the sins of mankind, past present and future.

Unfortunately Saul of Tarsus came along (as Jesus predicted before he died) and folks like you decided to worship him instead of God and His forgiveness.

In my life, whenever someone has knocked at my door and asked permission to spread "the good news" I've always thanked them for their concern but reminded them that my faith relationship to God doesn't depend on them or their preaching.

"Christian" churches and religions have been fighting each other since Jesus died over what a "real Christian is", the "proper way" to be baptized and a whole host of other issues.

But I'm glad you know what the word of God really is. Just like Jim Jones, Fred Phelps, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Ted Haggard, Jim Baker and David Koresh did.

Frankly I'm surprised the College of Cardinals didn't elect you Pope!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#10224 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
I'm 55 now. From the age of 4 I have had to deal with people like you deciding what the Bible says and what God's law is.

Funny thing is, what often happens when I ask questions about certain Bible verses, I get a bunch of convoluted rationalizations that ignore large portions of the Bible.

For example, when I asked my Sunday school teacher why Protestants don't keep the Sabbath day holy as God said to in the 10 Commandments, I get some long crazy story about how we worship the Resurrection and how Jesus tore the veil.

So maybe you can explain to me how your belief in the writings of Saul of Tarsus aren't putting someone else in front of your worship and devotion to God.(Thou shalt have no other gods before me).

“Fully Protected ~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#10225 Mar 16, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>As a Christian I know that Jesus paid the ultimate price as payment for the sins of mankind, past present and future.
Unfortunately Saul of Tarsus came along (as Jesus predicted before he died) and folks like you decided to worship him instead of God and His forgiveness.
In my life, whenever someone has knocked at my door and asked permission to spread "the good news" I've always thanked them for their concern but reminded them that my faith relationship to God doesn't depend on them or their preaching.
"Christian" churches and religions have been fighting each other since Jesus died over what a "real Christian is", the "proper way" to be baptized and a whole host of other issues.
But I'm glad you know what the word of God really is. Just like Jim Jones, Fred Phelps, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Ted Haggard, Jim Baker and David Koresh did.
Frankly I'm surprised the College of Cardinals didn't elect you Pope!
Me elected as Pope? No that would never work....I don't believe in praying to Mary or purgatory. Thanks for the vote of confidence though........ ;)
Gojirra

Japan

#10226 Mar 16, 2013
John 17:9 …I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me;

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10227 Mar 16, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm. Spending eternity with good decent people or with you.
Decisions decisions. Talk about an easy choice!
Fortunately, Dad's got lots of "mansions"(dimension s?). No decisions are necessary.

Location hidden

#10228 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
God is real
God is all knowing
God is in control
God is love
God is merciful
God is Sovereign
God has always been
God always will be God
God is......
Until you prove any one of the above facts, they remain assertions. Nothing more.

Location hidden

#10229 Mar 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Aramaic but I'm quite sure they read the Hebrew Scripture Scrolls in Ancient Hebrew.
And Classic Greek.

Location hidden

#10230 Mar 16, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>great song for a drag show too!
Definitely.

Location hidden

#10231 Mar 16, 2013
Gojirra wrote:
John 17:9 …I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me;
John" is very pretty poetry, but not a valid source for soteriology.

“TODAY SCOTUS RULED MARRIAGE”

Since: Aug 08

IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT FOR ALL

#10232 Mar 16, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>Me elected as Pope? No that would never work....I don't believe in praying to Mary or purgatory. Thanks for the vote of confidence though........ ;)
My guess is you couldn't be elected Beauty Queen of the local Day care center......and you truly are ignorant of who you think Catholics pray to.......by the way, without Mary......your precious Jesus wouldn't have been born!!!

Oh and according to some, Purgatory is what you live right now!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr Cookie_Parker 19,893
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 2 hr janeebee 25
Religious Freedom 3 hr janeebee 39
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr WasteWater 5,757
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr janeebee 2,541
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 6 hr EVERLASTING FATHER 166
Welcome all to the new CF 9 hr Huntington Guy 5
More from around the web