Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16103 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9292 Mar 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lacking in spiritual matters, I see....
His "eye is single".

Location hidden

#9293 Mar 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been proven....
Your choice to accept or reject....
Proven?

Not that anyone's noticed ... at least not on these threads.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9294 Mar 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called Faith/Belief....without it, it is impossible to please God...
Faith in God, that He loves you, hears your prayers, will provide when you trust Him, and will not give you more than you can handle.

Not faith that a man-translated book is still accurate after all these years. That's not faith, that's wishing.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9295 Mar 9, 2013
Once you've read the book long enough to not only know what it says .. but most important .. you know what it means by what it says ... you'll find yourself convinced ... remember .. God is the teacher .. you are the student ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/new... .. here is some help if you need it

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#9296 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Once you've read the book long enough to not only know what it says .. but most important .. you know what it means by what it says ... you'll find yourself convinced ... remember .. God is the teacher .. you are the student ... http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/closer-look/new... .. here is some help if you need it
You are a student using a defective textbook and pretending it is the intact Word of God.

It isn't.

Maybe people who don't put much thought into it are convinced.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#9298 Mar 9, 2013
Just checking...still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9300 Mar 9, 2013
Is this thread done?

Location hidden

#9301 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
You should like this one. The speaker is a member of one of the founding sects of your lineage of heresies.

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/transforming...

Location hidden

#9302 Mar 9, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Is this thread done?
It's been dead off-topic for the past 9150 posts, or so.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9303 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>no skin off my nose ... stay stupid .. you're ignorance is not my problem
Exactly. Your ignorance is your problem.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9304 Mar 10, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ever say I don't believe in Hell?
Pay attention, stupid.
Matthew 5:22 (NASB)
22 ; and whoever says,'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Who's "stupid"?

Location hidden

#9305 Mar 10, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
Matthew 7:1-6 (King James Version)
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Is Mt 7 the only Scripture you know? You should know that Jesus condemns you to Hell. Read the rest of the NT.

Location hidden

#9306 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Is this supposed to impress me?
You just used the Bible to call me a fool.
Nice going. See you in Hell bro!
But you're a gay liar. You will be in Hell with Billions of gays and Satan. You're a loser.

Location hidden

#9307 Mar 10, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
So you can toss around Bible verses better than you do a baseball. Good for you.
Only shows you to be a preacher not a teacher OR a follower.
Are you gay? You lose.

Location hidden

#9308 Mar 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Since I am not one of the children of Israel, He WOULD have to get my permission (my conversion to His worship) before He has ANY say about my behavior.
God has to get your permission to cast you into Hell? Nah.

Location hidden

#9309 Mar 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because there is no such thing as NT salvation.
Ok, there is NO SALVATION for you.

Location hidden

#9310 Mar 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
No LEGITIMATE translation of the Bible condemns homosexuality. The Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
<quoted text>
I am not calling the God of the Bible a liar. I am calling YOU a liar, and I have posted proof of that fact. Why do YOU persist in calling the God of the Bible a liar? Or do you want to pretend that Jeremiah was not a prophet? Was the book of Jeremiah just some random scribblings of a deluded pseudo-prophet that got tossed into the Bible by mistake?
You are a liar, period. You will burn in Hell forever.

Ezekiel 33:9 (NKJV)
9 Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

Location hidden

#9311 Mar 10, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The word you have translated as "God" is <'el> which is NOT always used as a term for a god, as in the example from Genesis:
Genesis 31:29 It is in the power <'el> of my hand to do you hurt...
Laban to Jacob, speaking of his own hand. Are you saying that Laban was a God? There are other examples as well. The verse in Isaiah is NOT a reference to a God, but to a mighty LORD, a temporal ruler.
Read it IN CONTEXT, which for Isa 9:6 certainly includes 9:7. Jesus NEVER sat on the Throne of David, he NEVER established any kingdom, and justice and judgment have been just as lacking after his death as they were before. That verse has nothing to do with Jesus.
Our English Bibles say YOU are a liar.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#9312 Mar 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the shedding of blood, there can be NO forgiveness of sins....
Sins can't be forgiven without blood being shed?
Why not? Explain how that makes sense to you.
WHY would blood have to be shed for sins to be forgiven?
Or, didn't you ever think about it?
That'd be my guess.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9313 Mar 10, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Our English Bibles say YOU are a liar.
When did the English pen a Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
all religions are myths and fictions 12 min Allen Richards 14
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 33 min Allen Richards 181
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 59 min Uncle Sam 71
Religious Freedom 1 hr janeebee 65
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 1 hr Liam R 2,805
Has Topix positively influenced ANY non-Christi... 1 hr Passing thru 8
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 6 hr Rose_NoHo 2,551
More from around the web