Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#9187 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how "your faith" is exactely What Jesus predicted concerning those who would be attracted to the Harlot
John was a lamp that burned and gave light .. and you chose for a time to enjoy his light ... I [ Jesus ] have testimony weightier than that of John .. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish .. and which I am doing .. testifies that the Father has sent me ... And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me .. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form .. nor does his word dwell in you .. for you do not believe the one he sent ... You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life .. These are the Scriptures that testify about me .. yet you refuse to come to me to have life ... I do not accept praise from men .. but I know you .. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts ... I have come in my Father's name .. and you do not accept me .. HOWEVER ... if someone else comes in his own name .. you will accept him .... John 5:35-43
Again with that tract "John". lol

Location hidden

#9188 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that God loves sin???
Or, do you believe that God hates sin???
Do you believe that you can hide your sins from God???
God doesn't even look at "sin". Doesn't see it.

"Who told you that you were naked?"

Location hidden

#9189 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated before, choice......
God gives all free will.....
You are either going to accept Him and His Word or you are going to reject Him and His Word.....
And NONE of that has to do with what the records give as Yeshua's criteria for separating the sheep from the goats.

Location hidden

#9190 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Inspired.....meaning of the word???
Knowledge frees from the shackles of ignorance; truth frees from the shackles of error.
Trending a bit Gnostic, are we?

Location hidden

#9191 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Jesus:.. THE way .. THE truth .. THE life
.......... it's ALL about him
It's all about the message he was tasked to bring to humankind.

Location hidden

#9192 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"but then that's what bible worshipers"
well .. you get that one wrong to ... we don't "worship" the Bible ... we worship the "author" of the bible .. big diff
And the Orthodox aren't actually kissing cartoons, they are kissing saints.

Right. Uh huh.

Location hidden

#9193 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
BTW .. if yall get a chance .. http://www.endtime.com/radio/ .. check this guy out ... Politics and Religion .. Irvin Baxter
To paraphrase on of your team mates:

Why should I listen to him? He's just a man!

lol

Location hidden

#9194 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
the will of the American people ... see you at the poles
(jokes multiply)

Location hidden

#9195 Mar 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a teen. It doesn't sound all THAT nuts...
I'm glad you caught the embedded joke.

Impressed, really. You're the first one who has.

Location hidden

#9196 Mar 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what Deuteronomy says about it. To worship a man, a fish, a star, the Sun, the Moon, or a cross are all blasphemies. The REAL Messianic prophecies make it clear that the Messiah will be a mere mortal who parks his royal butt on the Throne of David, makes some nifty changes to the way people understand the Law, and eventually snuffs it, as is the way of all flesh.
Messiah is an English approximation of the Hebrew, Christ is a Greek translation, and it means "anointed".
Pellucid.

Location hidden

#9197 Mar 8, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, Ezekiel make repeated references to the fact that once the real Messiah comes, there WILL be animal sacrifices in the Temple. And of course, the Law specifically says that the God of the Bible COMMANDS them to be performed FOR EVER.
But, if you don't mind calling the God of the Bible a liar, have fun...
Yeah, well that certainly served the Levite's interests, no? lol

Location hidden

#9198 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
I read a bit about the comma, at least until I felt my head was going to explode; the import to this is as to whether it was actually believed that Jesus was god in flesh, or a forgery added to make that claim be whatever particular cult was making that translation for whatever reason they had to promote that belief? Catch me up.
You got that, eh?

Smart one, aren't ya.

(but we already knew that. Heart's in the right place, too)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9199 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well that certainly served the Levite's interests, no? lol
Yes it did. Lots of fresh meat and a backdoor meat market to boot. Not bad work if you can get it.

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#9201 Mar 8, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Mary picked Paul......or was that Peter? or was it Peter who picked Paul? Maybe it was Peter who picked Mary over Paul.....I think they made an excellent trio:-)
No, silly! Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,...for Mary. Paul wasn't even there!

Location hidden

#9202 Mar 8, 2013
Drat it! I really need to get some sleep tonight and "janeebee"s just gotten here!

(tired whine)

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9203 Mar 8, 2013
some music to lull you to sleep .. http://www.nwrnetwork.com/listen/player.asp... .. Z Z Z Z z z z z

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#9204 Mar 8, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, silly! Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,...for Mary. Paul wasn't even there!
Oh......that's how it worked......lol!!!

Chicago, IL

#9205 Mar 8, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
...that my Christ is bigger than christianity
Ain't THAT the Truth! You nailed it...yes you did!
Christ IS bigger than Christianity.
Just like God is greater than the Bible.
If you don't mind, I'd like to start using your newly coined phrase, "Christ is BIGGER than Christianity". I think it very much needs sayin' in these threads.
I only just discovered you, and I really enjoy your posts.

Chicago, IL

#9206 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
Drat it! I really need to get some sleep tonight and "janeebee"s just gotten here!
(tired whine)
Awww.....(blush) You just lit up my night!
Sweet dreams.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#9207 Mar 8, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"You sure as hell didn't walk and talk with Him either"
No ... I have their letters
Yeah, and? So do the Biblical scholars that have seriously studied the Bible.
Can ya read Greek Jimmy? How's about Latin, or Aramaic?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith during hard times 1 hr blacklagoon 107
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 1 hr Ben Avraham 1,662
the pauline paradox 3 hr susanblange 85
The truth is difficult, I understand. 3 hr blacklagoon 38
Are Your Beliefs TRUE? 3 hr blacklagoon 142
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 5 hr Big Al 2,460
George Washington and the duty of prayer 7 hr Big Al 9
More from around the web