Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8956 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gospel = good news....
What is the good news????
That the Father isn't a sadistic brute who likes animal or human sacrifice.

That the depiction of him, unmodified by the messages of the prophets, is inaccurate.

That all has been forgiven since before time, and those with an honest, compassionate and loving heart will always be heard.

Location hidden

#8957 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE!!!
I won't be there.....
Why is that?

Location hidden

#8958 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Word of God....it is in there.....
Who takes away the sins of the world???
I dispute your definition of "the Word of God".
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8959 Mar 8, 2013
janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know! Would you pleeease explain...what exactly IS a SOUL?
"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"

How valuable is your SOUL???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8960 Mar 8, 2013
Laci Ann 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
... the end-times are now
Amen.......
We should ALWAYS be prepared for His return....

Location hidden

#8961 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They are afraid of the TRUTH....
Gay people are very acquainted with truth.

It's how we survive.

Location hidden

#8962 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"
How valuable is your SOUL???
What is the Koine word that you are translating as "soul"? What was the Hebrew Aramaic that the Koine translated from?

You want to know the meaning of what was said? Then dig a little to discover what was meant at the time.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8963 Mar 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Gave who up?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8964 Mar 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! Can I have my milk and cookies now?
NO!!!

But you can have the Word of God....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8965 Mar 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't answer the question huh? Not impressed with your argumentum ad baculum dodge.
Who was Paul referring too fool?
The New Testament declares the sin of homosexuality is going after strange flesh.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8966 Mar 8, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close. Who was Paul talking about? Which group of people?
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.

Men committed shameful acts with other men, and ~~~~~received in themselves the due penalty for their error.~~~~~
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8967 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
The Father.
God sent His Son....the Lamb of God...

Location hidden

#8968 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Fallacies:

Ignoratio Elenchi
argumentum ad ignorantiam
Petitio Principii
Circulus in Probando
argumentum verbosium

You also didn't answer his question.

This is a debate/discussion site, NOT a site for practicing your homiletics.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8969 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You still aren't getting it. That's from "John", an unacceptable source. So the question is moot.
He who possesses correct knowledge has within him the potential to discern (spiritual) and then act upon the TRUTH.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8970 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That the Father isn't a sadistic brute who likes animal or human sacrifice.
That the depiction of him, unmodified by the messages of the prophets, is inaccurate.
That all has been forgiven since before time, and those with an honest, compassionate and loving heart will always be heard.
We are under the New Testament and NOT the Old Testament.....no animal sacrifices needed now....

Location hidden

#8971 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
God sent His Son....the Lamb of God...
First, that soteriology is heresy.

Now let's look at this again, in analogy ...

I am pissed off at you, so kill some of my pets and I'll fell better about you. Better, kill my kid and I'll call it all good.

It's nuts, and in such a way that only a primitive and brutal mind can be.

The whole message of Yeshua was that such did not express the character of the Father.

Location hidden

#8972 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.
Men committed shameful acts with other men, and ~~~~~received in themselves the due penalty for their error.~~~~~
That is just Saul and his peculiar etiology. It's not prophetic utterence. How can it be? He was not a prophet, but a heretic and apostate.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8973 Mar 8, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
"For through the Law I died to the Law, that I might live unto God.

I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and delivered Himself up for me."

Location hidden

#8974 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
He who possesses correct knowledge has within him the potential to discern (spiritual) and then act upon the TRUTH.
And THAT is gnosticism.

Matthew records different criteria by which "he will separate the sheep from the goats", and they do not include knowledge or belief.

Location hidden

#8975 Mar 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We are under the New Testament and NOT the Old Testament.....no animal sacrifices needed now....
The message of Yeshua, reiterating the prophets, was that they weren't needed EVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIBLE CONTRADICTION: Mark 4:11-12, 2 Peter 3:9 2 min Barnsweb 77
I don't understand 5 min Barnsweb 150
who was god growing the apples for (Jul '08) 7 min Richie T Rides Again 206
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 11 min The_Box 3,201
The antichrist 17 min Richie T Rides Again 25
+++++++++++++ GOD TALKS to ME +++++++++++++ (Mar '14) 23 min KimBoe 76
+++++++ THE THIEVES of GLORY +++++++ 24 min KimBoe 90

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE