Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8794 Mar 7, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No you're not. You're ignoring your own faults by pointing out others'. Much easier than correcting your own sins, ain't it?
This thread is about gays.

"God gave them up"

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8795 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well .. according to Jesus .. inorder for you to enter Heaven (apart from Christ).. you'll have to be 24/7/365 perfect your entire life .... good luck
I seriously doubt Jesus asked us to be PERFECT our entire lives......otherwise Jesus died for nothing!!!

#8796 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in the Bible and the eternal fire are not required for residency in Hell.
Actually, they do because those who don't believe as you do....don't believe in Hell or eternal life......sorry, but you have a need to believe that stuff and seem to be upset when others won't follow you!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8797 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about gays.
"God gave them up"
Disobedience and sin, sin, sin....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8798 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I seriously doubt Jesus asked us to be PERFECT our entire lives......otherwise Jesus died for nothing!!!
Choice.....

You are either outside of Christ....or,

You are in Christ....

#8799 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
when God hands you over .... it's BAAAAAD !!!
They well shake their fist in the sky up-unto-the END
...... have a good day
God doesn't hand over anyone.....that which you claim is nothing more than Paul writing crap to the Romans.......God had NOTHING to do with Paul's delusions!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8800 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Without His Blood there is no salvation.
"the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin"
1 John 1:7 (NKJV)
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
There is POWER in the blood....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#8801 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't hand over anyone.....that which you claim is nothing more than Paul writing crap to the Romans.......God had NOTHING to do with Paul's delusions!!!
lol.....lol.....

God picked Paul to be the apostles for the Gentiles.....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8802 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! "Homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God."
Neither will you fool.

#8803 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol.....lol.....
God picked Paul to be the apostles for the Gentiles.....
I thought Mary picked Paul......or was that Peter? or was it Peter who picked Paul? Maybe it was Peter who picked Mary over Paul.....I think they made an excellent trio:-)

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8804 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect .. Matthew 5:48

no ... it's WHY he had to die ... period

sorry to see you reject his salvation

#8805 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect ..
Again, I believe Jesus was a mere mortal man and from what I've read on Him, he had great visions...but he was just a man.

God is perfect, but God doesn't EXPECT us to be perfect.......otherwise, we'd all still be frolicking in the Garden of Eden.

You have every right to believe as you want......but you still can't allow others to believe differently than you. Wonder why?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8806 Mar 7, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Again, I believe Jesus was a mere mortal man and from what I've read on Him, he had great visions...but he was just a man .. God is perfect, but God doesn't EXPECT us to be perfect.......otherwise, we'd all still be frolicking in the Garden of Eden .. You have every right to believe as you want......but you still can't allow others to believe differently than you. Wonder why?
well .. this is what happens when you think you have two mouths and one ear .. and are biblically illiterate ... par-for-the-course

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8807 Mar 7, 2013
until you do a little Bible research .. you should stay off the subject
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8808 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Well .. according to Jesus .. inorder for you to enter Heaven (apart from Christ).. you'll have to be 24/7/365 perfect your entire life .... good luck
Really? Jesus said that? I don't think so.

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8809 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus:.. Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect .. Matthew 5:48
It's why he had to die??????????

What is with you barbarians and your human sacrifice fetish? Did they throw Mary into a volcano, too?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#8810 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The one that foretold the death and resurrection of National Israel. They are back.
Except, of course that even that proves that the Messiah has not yet come. No one is seated on the Throne of David, since Israel is a parliamentary democracy, not a kingdom, nor has the Temple been rebuilt.

Don't you just hate it when those pesky facts keep tripping you up?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8811 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Choice.....
You are either outside of Christ....or,
You are in Christ....
I'm a Jew. Me and jesus are family. Am I in or out?
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8812 Mar 7, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not rejecting his salvation, I'm rejecting you.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8813 Mar 7, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must realize according to the Bible you will spend eternity in Hell with Satan and his wicked angels, and with the most wicked humans who ever lived. Not a wise choice.
Matthew 25:41 (NASB)
41 Then He will also say to those on His left,'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
And the reason for the condemnation?

If you include the verses before and after that little ditty, you'll not that the people rewarded and condemned were UNAWARE of the criteria being used. In simple terms, they were selected and rejected NOT upon what they believed but upon their heartfelt compassion for their fellow humans ... or their lack thereof.

No belief necessary, especially not in a collection of writings, and NOT out of an hope of reward nor fear of punishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Jesus do in his 40 days after the resu... 39 min dollarsbillsucksb... 5
The Law of Moses Has Not Been Abolished 40 min dollarsbillsucksb... 17
What laws and teachings fall under the new cove... (Sep '15) 41 min dollarsbillsucksb... 87
The Tzniut, Wives and Head Coverings 42 min dollarsbillsucksb... 4
No One Needs Moral Standards From God 43 min dollarsbillsucksb... 5
Early Christianity 3 hr Big Al 1,565
Science And Discoveries To The Rescue 4 hr Blacklagoon 88
More from around the web