Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

dollarsbill

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8421 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew is your God?
Jesus is.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8422 Mar 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
A great many gay folks are also righteous, so I'm glad you are at least admitting that they will be in heaven. Will you be there after intentionally driving so many away from God?
We shall see.
Should we believe you or God?

"God gave them up" "shameless acts" "dishonorable"

Romans 1:26-27 (ESV)
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8423 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're a liar. You can't help it.
John 8:44 (ESV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
See people? There he goes, using that heretical tract. He likes it because it's grandiose and he can whomp on other people with it.

Location hidden

#8424 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is.
Well, see, That's another place Saulianity went off the rails. The Alexandrian and Cappadocian heresy.

Yeshua was not, is not, and never will be God.

One of the many sons of, surely. Annointed prophet, gifted with the fullness of the holy spirit of truth? Definitely. But god? That IS blasphemy.

Location hidden

#8426 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
For WHAT "reason" ?

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8427 Mar 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, see, That's another place Saulianity went off the rails. The Alexandrian and Cappadocian heresy.
Yeshua was not, is not, and never will be God.
One of the many sons of, surely. Annointed prophet, gifted with the fullness of the holy spirit of truth? Definitely. But god? That IS blasphemy.
John 20:28 (ESV)
28 Thomas answered him,“My Lord and MY GOD!”

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8428 Mar 5, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
For WHAT "reason" ?
Romans 1:27 (ESV)
27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8429 Mar 5, 2013
Just checking...still no legally valid justifications for prohibiting same-sex marriage? Great.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8430 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
Oh self-professed good Christian, how is what is actually taking place in your scriptural equivalent of a factoid, a condemnation of homosexuality, i.e. same sex sexual attraction and those with it, who choose to act on it? Paul is corresponding with the Church in Rome, not the 1st Century equivalent of a gay community. He is admonishing them, the Church and by extension all Roman Christians for continuing to take part in Pagan practices and even engaging in idolatry. He is warning them that God has been punishing them for THAT error of their ways, idolatry is a commandment breaker. that brings us to your snippet. What's the first thing that God did to punish his wayward, presumably heterosexual Christians, threw them into the same sex orgies that could be found around Rome to celebrate various Gods and their particular gifts and into acts that, keep your legs crossed in the name of Jesus, Paul, found just plain awful. If God's message to his homosexual Christians was that such acts are wrong, why would he tell us that by sending us to an orgy? Wouldn't that be sorta like him telling you that going to "church" is wrong by directing you into one? Paul is writing to his presumably heterosexual audience at this point. YOU being sent to pray and play at the worship services for Priapus should be a wake up call, if that was the particular due penalty, of the many, that God handed down for Christians who continued their Pagan ways. Haven't you read the book yet? Damn. Watch out for the next chapter in his letter to Rome, Paul would be none too pleased with what YOU have done here, either.
Xavier Breath

West New York, NJ

#8431 Mar 5, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Government .. the atheist god
<quoted text>
we buy you books and we but you books ..
um, it's what you place in that position
........ probably won't get that either
You're right.... try English.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8432 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Oh self-professed good Christian, how is what is actually taking place in your scriptural equivalent of a factoid, a condemnation of homosexuality, i.e. same sex sexual attraction and those with it, who choose to act on it? Paul is corresponding with the Church in Rome, not the 1st Century equivalent of a gay community. He is admonishing them, the Church and by extension all Roman Christians for continuing to take part in Pagan practices and even engaging in idolatry. He is warning them that God has been punishing them for THAT error of their ways, idolatry is a commandment breaker. that brings us to your snippet. What's the first thing that God did to punish his wayward, presumably heterosexual Christians, threw them into the same sex orgies that could be found around Rome to celebrate various Gods and their particular gifts and into acts that, keep your legs crossed in the name of Jesus, Paul, found just plain awful. If God's message to his homosexual Christians was that such acts are wrong, why would he tell us that by sending us to an orgy? Wouldn't that be sorta like him telling you that going to "church" is wrong by directing you into one? Paul is writing to his presumably heterosexual audience at this point. YOU being sent to pray and play at the worship services for Priapus should be a wake up call, if that was the particular due penalty, of the many, that God handed down for Christians who continued their Pagan ways. Haven't you read the book yet? Damn. Watch out for the next chapter in his letter to Rome, Paul would be none too pleased with what YOU have done here, either.
This thread is about gays. The Bible condemns you. Stop trying to play the victim.

this one

#8433 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
This thread is about gays.
It is? Wow.
dollarsbill wrote:
The Bible condemns you.
According to your mindless misinterpretation of it, I imagine it does. But you seem to keep forgetting that I have actually read the book we are talking about and have read a great deal more about it over the years. You took a verse condemning idolatry and attempted to tell us it was condemning of us. I merely corrected you on that.
dollarsbill wrote:
Stop trying to play the victim.
I'm not a victim, sweetie. Why would you imagine that I want to play one? I'm merely here to remind you that no matter how much you want to believe you are right, that is still God's call, not yours.
Fundamentalist

South Africa

#8435 Mar 5, 2013
You are first a human being and then you choose a gay lifestyle!!!

You chose yourself in, you can choose yourself out....

Homosexuality is a abomination and the sign of a fallen society.

This liberal mindset is a rotten core of society and will spread, unfortunately it takes society to overall judgement and destruction.

With leadership wooing this rot they have become the rot in society....

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8437 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>It is? Wow. <quoted text>According to your mindless misinterpretation of it, I imagine it does. But you seem to keep forgetting that I have actually read the book we are talking about and have read a great deal more about it over the years. You took a verse condemning idolatry and attempted to tell us it was condemning of us. I merely corrected you on that. <quoted text>I'm not a victim, sweetie. Why would you imagine that I want to play one? I'm merely here to remind you that no matter how much you want to believe you are right, that is still God's call, not yours.
And He said:

Romans 1 (ESV)

this one

#8438 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
And He said:
Romans 1 (ESV)
To which I responded:

"Oh self-professed good Christian, how is what is actually taking place in your scriptural equivalent of a factoid, a condemnation of homosexuality, i.e. same sex sexual attraction and those with it, who choose to act on it? Paul is corresponding with the Church in Rome, not the 1st Century equivalent of a gay community. He is admonishing them, the Church and by extension all Roman Christians for continuing to take part in Pagan practices and even engaging in idolatry. He is warning them that God has been punishing them for THAT error of their ways, idolatry is a commandment breaker. that brings us to your snippet. What's the first thing that God did to punish his wayward, presumably heterosexual Christians, threw them into the same sex orgies that could be found around Rome to celebrate various Gods and their particular gifts and into acts that, keep your legs crossed in the name of Jesus, Paul, found just plain awful. If God's message to his homosexual Christians was that such acts are wrong, why would he tell us that by sending us to an orgy? Wouldn't that be sorta like him telling you that going to "church" is wrong by directing you into one? Paul is writing to his presumably heterosexual audience at this point. YOU being sent to pray and play at the worship services for Priapus should be a wake up call, if that was the particular due penalty, of the many, that God handed down for Christians who continued their Pagan ways. Haven't you read the book yet? Damn. Watch out for the next chapter in his letter to Rome, Paul would be none too pleased with what YOU have done here, either."

I knew you weren't paying attention.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8439 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
I knew you weren't paying attention.
I was. But I knew you weren't paying attention to what God said.

"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor men who practice homosexuality"

1 Corinthians 6:9 (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

this one

#8440 Mar 5, 2013
Fundamentalist wrote:
You are first a human being and then you choose a gay lifestyle!!!
If by that you mean, living openly, honestly, healthily and more less responsibly with the homosexuality the good Lord gifted me with, guilty as charged. I don't want to hear what your homoerotic fantasies are about my alleged "gay lifestyle", your problems with your own fantasies are your choice.
Fundamentalist wrote:
You chose yourself in, you can choose yourself out....
If there were ever a time for you to actually practice what you preach, this would be it.
Fundamentalist wrote:
Homosexuality is a abomination and the sign of a fallen society.
See what I mean? That is one seriously messed up choice on your part.
Fundamentalist wrote:
This liberal mindset is a rotten core of society and will spread, unfortunately it takes society to overall judgement and destruction.
According to Christian teachings, society has always been circling the bowl. It has to in order to fulfill prophesy and for Jesus to return and we want him to return, society is sent to perpetual flush to make it happen.
Fundamentalist wrote:
With leadership wooing this rot they have become the rot in society....
The only rot in the room is the ugliness of the beliefs that you have chosen. Choose yourself out before its too late.

this one

#8441 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I was. But I knew you weren't paying attention to what God said.
"will not inherit the Kingdom of God" "nor men who practice homosexuality"
1 Corinthians 6:9 (ESV)
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,
Not having anything which even you could confuse as a response to what I said about your last biblical snippet, you bring me another to play with. This time a verse which has been deliberately rewritten to say something that it never actually did. I'll bet you didn't know that where your version of the Bible says "men who practice homosexuality", the earliest known surviving copies of the work say no such thing. Paul condemned, in literal translation, man/bed, by combining the Greek word for each. It was not a word used by other writers and was not one which would have been recognized by readers of Greek as referencing same sex sexual acts or even those who engage in them. Throughout early Christian history it was taught as a condemnation of masturbation.

dollarsbill

Location hidden

#8442 Mar 5, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Not having anything which even you could confuse as a response to what I said about your last biblical snippet, you bring me another to play with. This time a verse which has been deliberately rewritten to say something that it never actually did. I'll bet you didn't know that where your version of the Bible says "men who practice homosexuality", the earliest known surviving copies of the work say no such thing. Paul condemned, in literal translation, man/bed, by combining the Greek word for each. It was not a word used by other writers and was not one which would have been recognized by readers of Greek as referencing same sex sexual acts or even those who engage in them. Throughout early Christian history it was taught as a condemnation of masturbation.
I quote God. You quote you. You lose.

this one

#8443 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
I quote God. You quote you. You lose.
Sweetie, you are quoting a Bible which was deliberately and maliciously mistranslated so that it would say something different than what it was supposed to. Telling me you are quoting God is just kind of silly, unless you imagine God approves of that kind of bearing of false witness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 2 hr fallen angel 1,175
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 2 hr fallen angel 1,085
Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13) 3 hr Jesus Made Me Whole 110
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 hr superwilly 331
Another one joins our team ! 4 hr fallen angel 65
Early Christianity 5 hr fallen angel 2,110
judgment coming to america 5 hr fallen angel 46
More from around the web