Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
7,401 - 7,420 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#8393 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Government .. the atheist god
<quoted text>
we buy you books and we but you books ..
um, it's what you place in that position
........ probably won't get that either
So, you're saying knowledge is God? We already have a word for knowledge. It's called KNOWLEDGE. That's not a god of any kind, nor does it need another name.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#8394 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
a better definition of those spiritually alive and dead ........
We do .. however .. speak a message of wisdom among the mature .. but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age .. who are coming to nothing .... No .. we speak of God's secret wisdom .. a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began .... None of the rulers of this age understood it .. for if they had .. they would not have crucified the Lord of glory ... HOWEVER .. as it is written: No eye has seen .. no ear has heard .. no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him .... BUT GOD has revealed it to us by his Spirit .. The Spirit searches all things .. even the deep things of God .... For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him ?.. In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God .... We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God .. that we may understand what God has freely given us ... This is what we speak .. not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit .. expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words ... The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God ..( as demonstrated here ) for they are foolishness to him .. and he cannot understand them .. because they are spiritually discerned .... The spiritual man makes judgments about all things .. but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:.. For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him ?..... But we have the mind of Christ
believe me ... those who are dead will not have a clue as to what this means
they that are of the world hear the world and the world hears them
Why are your magical stories any better than the magical stories about Xenu or God on the planet Kolob or Zeus or Thor?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8396 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
is there like .. an ignore button on this forum
Yes.

Crap, mine just quit working.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#8397 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
We do .. however .. speak a message of wisdom among the mature .. but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age .. who are coming to nothing .... No .. we speak of God's secret wisdom .. a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began .... None of the rulers of this age understood it .. for if they had .. they would not have crucified the Lord of glory ... HOWEVER .. as it is written: No eye has seen .. no ear has heard .. no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him .... BUT GOD has revealed it to us by his Spirit .. The Spirit searches all things .. even the deep things of God .... For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him ?.. In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God .... We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God .. that we may understand what God has freely given us ... This is what we speak .. not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit .. expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words ... The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God ..( as demonstrated here ) for they are foolishness to him .. and he cannot understand them .. because they are spiritually discerned .... The spiritual man makes judgments about all things .. but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:.. For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him ?..... But we have the mind of Christ
Nobody has a clue what that means because it's complete gibberish broken up by dots.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8398 Mar 4, 2013
I rest my case

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#8403 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Not all are spiritually alive (according to the scripture)... it's why Jesus stated: you MUST be born again .. John 3 ... that which is born of the flesh is flesh (mom-n-dad)... but that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit .. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/sermons/43-11 .. continue
His-Truth: "Not all are spiritually alive...."

It's not clear what it is you mean to say.
Your statement, as worded, is ambiguous and misleading. It implies that those not "spiritually alive", are spiritually dead.
IMO, rather than saying "Not all are spiritually alive....", it would be closer to the truth to say, "Not all are alive in spirit".

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

#8404 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
His-Truth: "...believe me ... those who are dead will not have a clue as to what this means..."

While not all those who are alive are alive in spirit, NO ONE alive is spiritually dead.

His-Truth: "...they that are of the world hear the world and the world hears them."

And THEY that are convinced they know what they do not, are informed by theirs' and others' ignorance.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#8405 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
I rest my case
Cool.

Bye.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8406 Mar 4, 2013
..... later

Salvation is found in no-one else [other than Jesus].. for there is no other name[ ideology / church or organization] under heaven given to men by which we must be saved .. http://bobgeorge.net/teaching/hebrews/index.h... .. learn and live

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#8407 Mar 4, 2013
His-truth wrote:
I rest my case
That means you'll STFU? Cool.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#8408 Mar 4, 2013
....... don't get me started noho

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#8409 Mar 4, 2013
You mean you have more?

Location hidden

#8410 Mar 4, 2013
notreally wrote:
<quoted text>So you are living in a cave with wi-fi eating locusts? Please, you gave up none of your worldy possesions
That's not following him.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8411 Mar 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If I die today, I am content.
When you pass through death's door you will be singing a different song. It will be more like this:

Matthew 25:30 (NASB)
30 Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Location hidden

#8412 Mar 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
and you are spiritually dead.
I'm not gay.

Location hidden

#8413 Mar 5, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess. You got thrown out of the Westboro Baptist church for reasons you don't want to talk about and in order to get back in their good graces you think that if you curse enough people here on topix to hell that they will let you back in.
Am I right?
And if not, can you prove it?
Wrong as usual.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#8414 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gay.
Yes you are.

It's OK, so am I.

We have gay meetings every Wednesday. I'll save you a seat.
Thinking

Gillingham, UK

#8415 Mar 5, 2013
I'm not homophobic but even I can't prove you're not gay.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not gay.

Location hidden

#8416 Mar 5, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are.
It's OK, so am I.
We have gay meetings every Wednesday. I'll save you a seat.
But you're a liar. You can't help it.

John 8:44 (ESV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#8417 Mar 5, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But you're a liar. You can't help it.
John 8:44 (ESV)
44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your fatherís desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Are you a copy and paster?

Are you a liar?

Don't know my scriptures Pa. No!!! Don't hit me again.

Show me a God Word or shut thefuck up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 9 min The truth works 2,868
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 19 min Truth 289
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 26 min Keep Smiling 3 463
Christianity about to be born. 26 min Anonymous 28
intelligent debate 31 min Truth 62
Pray for him, PLEASE 34 min dollarsbill 24
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 36 min The truth works 2,088
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 42 min NDanger 13,735
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 3 hr dollarsbill 131
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 3 hr NDanger 61