Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8294 Mar 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You follow Jesus?
You can't tell by your words.
The reason you can't tell is that you are Biblically illiterate.

Location hidden

#8295 Mar 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
For that to be true, you would need to explain why, point by point.
The reason you don't know is because the answer is in the Bible.

Location hidden

#8296 Mar 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are enamored with the idea that you know who is going to hell, and why.
I do know. The Bible exposes your hearts.

Location hidden

#8297 Mar 3, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Theologically it's known as blasphemy of the Holy Spirit; in the same essense of attributing works of God to the devil, conversely attributing works of the devil and the falsity and self-serving human agency to the working of God is also BLASPHEMY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. These people, in coming here and their ensuing conduct of driving people away from God by their filth and hostility are commiting the one sin that will not be forgiven. That's why I've been telling them that if I'm to burn in hell there is no doubt that there will be a pile of these people there buring to roast me over. I've warned them, they can tempt God all they want-they are accountable for their actions. They better grab their burn spray because their alibis aren't going to cut it with the Almighty.
Another Biblically illiterate.

Location hidden

#8298 Mar 3, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. A "true believer" basically saying, "God better listen to me or He's wrong".
Well done fool.
Your Biblical ignorance is gaping.

Matthew 5:22 (NKJV)
22 But whoever says,'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

Location hidden

#8299 Mar 3, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Because "GrandPASmurf" doesn't follow YOUR version of "chriSTAINanity"?
Because in life, words and actions, "Grandpasmurf" behaves more like Jesus did than you do?
As a Christian, I pity you. The message of Jesus is one of compassion, not judgement and punishment. You pervert His message and dishonor His Sacrifice. No wonder I smell goats every time you post and sheep when ever I read what PapaSmurf writes on the subject.
You may believe that "Papa" likes my form of Christianity over yours simply because I'm a gay man. But you'd be mistaken.
PapaSmurk has always respected my religion because he sees I practice it's core values instead of simply "preaching a list of don'ts".
Come back when you know anything about the Bible.

Location hidden

#8300 Mar 3, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you spell hypocrisy?
I can. "Grandpasmurf952" You are a Biblically illiterate hypocrite. That's why you avoid discussing the Bible. Jesus warned you of the eternal fire.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

#8301 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I can. "Grandpasmurf952" You are a Biblically illiterate hypocrite. That's why you avoid discussing the Bible. Jesus warned you of the eternal fire.
Are you from West Virginia?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8302 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Biblically illiterate.
Another ignoramus wrapping himself in his religious falseness-what a fatal combination

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#8303 Mar 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I never meant to say 'religions' were being forced to marry same sex couples. My bad if it came off that way.
I did say religious ministers with the legal authority to marry people were being forced to marry same sex couples. In court houses to avoid problems, they usually had two clerks to marry individuals because in many instances the court person was a minister. So one person would marry opposite sex and one would marry same sex.
But in Saskatchewan I believe the court ordered ministers of the court to marry both where since 2005 a religious minister of a court had the option to refuse same sex marriage on grounds of religious belief.
Sorry for the confusion.
Here's what happened. When Canada passed gay marriage, special laws were also enacted to prevent Church's from being forced to perform gay marriages.
In Saskatchewan, "Marriage Commissioners" were refusing to perform the marriage rights to gay couples because of "personal religious beliefs". The Govt of Sask tried to pass a law that would permit these marriage commissioners to continue to refuse service to gay people. The Court of Appeal in Sask rejected the law, and rightly so. Marriage commissioners are govt employess providing govt services. ALL Canadians regardless of ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation are entitled to full and equal access to those services.
What the Court basically did, was remind everyone that Freedom of Religion also means Freedom FROM Religion.
In 2012, Prime Minister Harper publicly stated "that Canadians had already decided on the issue of gay marraige and as far as he was concerned, the matter is closed".

Location hidden

#8304 Mar 3, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Another ignoramus wrapping himself in his religious falseness-what a fatal combination
Romans 12:19 (NKJV)
19 "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

And He will.

Location hidden

#8305 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Darling, the only way YOU'LL find your way into the kingdom of God is if you manage to crawl there through an underground sewer pipe.

Location hidden

#8306 Mar 3, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Darling, the only way YOU'LL find your way into the kingdom of God is if you manage to crawl there through an underground sewer pipe.
Your corrupt, Satanic, antiBiblical opinion. God reveals your evil heart. You lose.

Revelation 20:15 (NKJV)
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Location hidden

#8307 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Your corrupt, Satanic, antiBiblical opinion. God reveals your evil heart. You lose.
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
Liars and deceivers have no part in the kingdom of God-which means your phony christianity doesn't win you a slam-dunk victory in the salvation game.

Location hidden

#8308 Mar 3, 2013
RubyTheDyke wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars and deceivers
Liars and deceivers for believing the Bible? Hell fire is for you.
Not Murphy

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#8309 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Go drink your blood nutthumper

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#8310 Mar 3, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a shepherd...
Mocking, lying about, and twisting the Word of God doesn't make you a "shepherd". It makes you a foolish follower of a condemned fallen angel, Satan. But the Word of God warns about your kind:

Proverbs 23:9- Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Location hidden

#8311 Mar 3, 2013
Not Murphy wrote:
<quoted text>Go drink your blood nutthumper
Be gone Satan in Jesus' Name. You lose.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8312 Mar 3, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Be gone Satan in Jesus' Name. You lose.
You're lost.

Location hidden

#8313 Mar 3, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>You're lost.
No, I'm found. You are lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 1 hr provegodexists 3,326
Is Satan as bad as people make him? 1 hr God the son 5
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr purplelady1040 14,615
New Discovery Shows No God Needed To Create Life 1 hr provegodexists 241
Atonement? 1 hr God the son 185
General Theological Seminary board refuses to r... 1 hr RevKen 6
I don't understand 2 hr blacklagoon 257
Houston Mayor Says City’s Church Sermon Subpoen... 2 hr Hardcore 70

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE