Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
7,221 - 7,240 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8172 Mar 1, 2013
Grandpa's opinion about the Bible is equally valid as anyone else's opinion.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#8173 Mar 1, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD" ... no .. not all of mankind is one with God .. I wish they were .. but they're not .. Jesus died for all .. and paid the price for all of mans sins .. but not all have received life .. a choice to accept ... it's why we are here and preach HIS-story
This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
- Article VI U.S. Constitution

"Notwithstanding any thing to the contrary" means that the clause following it shall supersede and prevail over any thing contrary to this clause. Any thing that contradicts or withstands this clause shall be ineffective and inoperative qua this clause.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#8174 Mar 1, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point in the NT. The NT is an insult to Hebrew Scripture.
You are a Hebrew expert? or just illiterate? Clearly illiterate.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#8175 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be at least as well off as you. If I'm right you will burn in fire forever. You can't win. But you sure can lose, forever.
Pascal's Wager. I don't know why people still bring that up. It's a false dichotomy. IOW, it presents only two possibilities, when there could be many more. What if you need to blow yourself up in a crowded marketplace to get into heaven? What if you have to dance naked under the light of the full moon then sacrifice a virgin? What if god only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand sycophants?

Location hidden

#8176 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pascal's Wager. I don't know why people still bring that up. It's a false dichotomy. IOW, it presents only two possibilities, when there could be many more. What if you need to blow yourself up in a crowded marketplace to get into heaven? What if you have to dance naked under the light of the full moon then sacrifice a virgin? What if god only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand sycophants?
I'll be at least as well off as you.

Santa Monica, CA

#8177 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are his slave to lying and insults. You can't stop without Jesus.
Provide any evidence Satan exists.

Santa Monica, CA

#8178 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible foretold of the death of National Israel and its resurrection. It also warned of the eternal fire. National Israel is back.
The fall of a nation is one of those sure things, given enough time, in this case thousands of years. Kind of like the buy bull predicting famine and disease. And it predicted the Jews would return to Israel, but MOST Jews don't live there.
Try again.

Location hidden

#8179 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide any evidence Satan exists.
You are his child, liar, name caller ... You can't stop.

Santa Monica, CA

#8180 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be at least as well off as you.
You didn't read carefully. I asked:
What if god only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand sycophants?

Well, in that case, I'd get into heaven, and you wouldn't.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#8181 Mar 1, 2013
Rose Noho is not a Pringle.
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are his child, liar, name caller ... You can't stop.

Location hidden

#8182 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read carefully. I asked:
What if god only lets atheists into heaven because he can't stand sycophants?
Well, in that case, I'd get into heaven, and you wouldn't.
Then he would be ignorant.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#8183 Mar 1, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Grandpasmurf952 .... you're in BIG BIG trouble .... time to turn
well I might have been frightened when they burned people alive for pointing out the hoax of Christianity that you are trying to defend, but now I just find it annoying and sad that barbarians like you have not yet evolved to the point of recognizing the absurdity of your situation.

Curse me all you want to bible thumper. Your religion is based on hate and your Jesus is false. This is well documented and can be examined and found to be so by anyone who wants to confirm all things as Jesus was alleged to have said.

You do know that the whole hellfire thing was used to replace the acceptance of reincarnation by the early church? This was done by Roman Emperor Justinian in the Sixth century over the objections of the Pope. You can read a little about it here on another thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T4FIP9BUN...

You are defending a proven, well documented hoax of true Christianity with mean, arrogant, empty threats and no facts

wake up to reality:

1 John 4:8 (King James Version)

"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

have a nice evening.

Location hidden

#8184 Mar 1, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
well I might have been frightened when they burned people alive for pointing out the hoax of Christianity that you are trying to defend, but now I just find it annoying and sad that barbarians like you have not yet evolved to the point of recognizing the absurdity of your situation.
Curse me all you want to bible thumper. Your religion is based on hate and your Jesus is false. This is well documented and can be examined and found to be so by anyone who wants to confirm all things as Jesus was alleged to have said.
You do know that the whole hellfire thing was used to replace the acceptance of reincarnation by the early church? This was done by Roman Emperor Justinian in the Sixth century over the objections of the Pope. You can read a little about it here on another thread:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T4FIP9BUN...
You are defending a proven, well documented hoax of true Christianity with mean, arrogant, empty threats and no facts
wake up to reality:
1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
have a nice evening.
God is going to burn you alive unbeliever.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#8185 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still a child of Satan and Biblically illiterate. You can't prove otherwise because it's true.
I can and did prove my bible literacy. You refuse to see it or discuss any of the scriptures I have presented, or my reasons for rejecting Saul's writings that conflicts with what Jesus was alleged to have said and the subsequent evolution of Christianity into what it is today. All you do is curse my in the name of your false god, Saul of Tarsus.

Instead of annoying people here on topix why don't you go down to your local biker bar and announce in an angry and hateful voice to all present that they are going to burn in hell for their wicked ways and see how many converts you can make?

Santa Monica, CA

#8186 Mar 1, 2013
If there is a god who has a set of rules he wants us to obey, and who will torture us for all time if we don't obey them, why do we have to debate about them? Why aren't these things made clear to each of us? Seems only fair.

Santa Monica, CA

#8187 Mar 1, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he would be ignorant.
Who are you to judge god?

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8188 Mar 1, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
If there is a god who has a set of rules he wants us to obey, and who will torture us for all time if we don't obey them, why do we have to debate about them? Why aren't these things made clear to each of us? Seems only fair.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness ... since what may be known about God is plain to them .. because God has made it plain to them ... For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities .. his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen .. being understood from what has been made .. so that men are without excuse ... For although they knew [about] God .. they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him .. but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened ... Although they claimed to be wise .. they became fools ... and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles

men are without excuse .......... nuff said

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8189 Mar 1, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and did prove my bible literacy
..... lol !!

doesn't make any sense when you've thrown 90% of the Bible in the trash

oh yes ... the queen james indeed

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8191 Mar 1, 2013
His-truth wrote:
.......... YAWN !!
In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways .. BUT in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son .. whom he appointed heir of all things .. and through whom he made the universe ... The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the EXACT REPRESENTATION OF HIS BEING .. sustaining all things by his powerful word .. After he had provided purification for sins .. he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven .... Hebrews 1
Why should anyone pay attention to a pseudepigraphic gentile work that promotes the Alexandrian heresy?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8193 Mar 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus wants us to know that this day is ahead and it will witness a great separation between those destined for "everlasting punishment" and those with the better destiny, "eternal life."
And in the record, what criteria did he say he would use?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
May Solomons knowledge be bequethed on all Beli... 11 min Believer 3
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 32 min Keep Smiling 3 432
Time is Coming! Are you ready for it? 41 min hilariosity 31
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 49 min no-one-special 245
To Tell The Turth! 52 min hilariosity 101
intelligent debate 58 min FLBeaver 47
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 1 hr Loveismygoal 2,852
Take America Back 1 hr NDanger 990
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 3 hr Nc resident 13,668
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 5 hr dollarsbill expos... 97