Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 361)

Showing posts 7,201 - 7,220 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
JusttheFacts

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still caught up in the Roman hoax of Christianity. I have posted scriptures that disagree with you and you have ignored them, preferring to go with Saul.
Jesus was a wandering Rabi with a simple truth that you reject in defense of the Roman hoax that you mistakenly call Christianity with it's Mithra based god-man sacrificed for your sins that you mistakenly call Jesus.
Messiah is a Jewish concept. There is no provision in Judaism for either a human sacrifice or a virgin birth, both claims negate the person referred to is a Messiah.
Your fear based religion is the obvious tool of oppression of an evil empire that felt threatened by the simple truth of the historical Jesus. This is why they murdered the historical Jesus, blamed it on the Jews, and created the hoax that you are defending.
Here again is my summation of the simple truth at the heart of the ministry of the historical Jesus:
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
It's easy you want to do what you want to do that's fine in this world. But when Jesus returns and sets up his own kingdom doing it your way isn't going to get you into his kingdom. Unfortunately it entitles you to the same fate as Satan and his do it my way angels. It was never about doing it our way even Jesus stated it " For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me"

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "Jewish".
Then you have failed to worship the God of the Bible as He has demanded He be worshiped. There is no other way.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Jazybird58
“Reality bites”
Since: Dec 11
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#8138 34 min ago
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again.
Mark 9:47 (NKJV)
47 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire--
Oh 2buckchuck, Jews don't do the NT
What's your point? You're a loser? We already know that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is the Mediator of the New Covenant. The NT mentions Hell over and over. BTW, Jesus is the Creator.
How many crap filled diapers did Mary have to change for your false god Jesus before he learned to stop messing himself?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly backwards, as usual. If the NT contradicts the OT, then the NT is wrong. IF any part of the Bible is inspired, then Moses was told by his God to say that the Torah was to be followed for ever, that the children of Israel were to always worship as their fathers had, and that anyone attempting to draw them away from these practices was a false prophet who must be stoned to death.
How ignorant. If the OT and NT agree then there would be no point in the NT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have failed to worship the God of the Bible as He has demanded He be worshiped. There is no other way.
EXTREMELY ignorant.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out Sin is not Judging it's bringing to light why we need a Jesus. If someone comes into my Church believing that Stealing, Adultery or Homosexuality isn't a sin I will point out his error. That is speaking Truth not Judging anyone. We will all stand before the Lord and give an account for what we have done in the flesh. For me to stand before my Lord and have him point out souls condemned to hell as a result of me not correcting them on what they believed wasn’t Sin isn’t going to happen. I refuse to let people continue in darkness just to fill some pews far be it..
All sins were defined in the Torah. Nowhere in the Torah is homosexuality called a sin. If your church is making up its own rules as to what they want to call a sin, that in itself is a sin. You are not speaking any truth, you are passing lies as a way to pretend your prejudice is "Godly".

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. Skipped LOGIC FOR 1ST GRADERS, eh?
LMFAO@you
Don't you understand? Logic is a tool of Satan because it leads people to reject Biblical literalism!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
"WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD" ... no .. not all of mankind is one with God .. I wish they were .. but they're not .. Jesus died for all .. and paid the price for all of mans sins .. but not all have received life .. a choice to accept ... it's why we are here and preach HIS-story
Jesus paid the price for pissing off the Romans. He died for being a "traitor" to the Roman occupation.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still a child of Satan and Biblically illiterate. You can't prove otherwise because it's true.
I already have proved otherwise. You have offered no counter argument, only curses.

The problem with hating others is that it prevents you from recognizing the one true GOD that is as I have repeatedly posted and you have repeatedly ignored:

1 John 4:8 (King James Version)

"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

LOVE does not torture people for eternity!

You can't see the truth of what I am saying though. Hate has blocked off your heart.

That is the problem with judging others based on false information such as the Roman hoax of Christianity that plainly contradicts the true Jesus who said to examine all things.

You are a classic example of the blind being led by the blind.

have a nice evening and give some thought to waking up to the truth of your existence.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that Israel was dead and is alive? It is YOU who are 'deluded'. Israel was dead and is alive because Jesus was dead and is alive.
I'm not in the least bit impressed with your fantasies. Would you like some BBQ sauce to go with your sacrifices?
JusttheFacts

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Come on 2buckchuck, The Jewish people abide by the Torah, that's the old testament for fundies. Even you know that. Now lets face it the Jews as well as Muslims don't believe in the divinity of Jesus. To one he was a Rabi, to the other a profit. But to neither,a God.
The Jews fulfilled prophesy when they crucified Jesus remember Christ last words Then Jesus said,“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
Now as for the Muslim they have been deceived “ Archangel Gabriel tells Mary she is having the Son of God’ 600 years later tells Mohamed God has no Son doesn’t sound like the same Gabriel to me. Oh by the why pretty coincidental that the Dome of the rock just happens to be on the sight of that the Last temple from Revelation needs to be constructed?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
EXTREMELY ignorant.
Ignorant of what? Your personal delusions? ROTFLMAO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the NT IS pointless. Totally and completely. Jesus taught Judaism. The Torah makes it clear that the Laws of Moses were to be followed by the children of Israel FOR EVER. There are over a dozen verses just in Deuteronomy that make this point. It was frequently repeated by the prophets, and even by Jesus.

Are you saying that the God of the Bible was too stupid to write good laws? There are plenty of verse in the Bible that point out that the Laws ARE good, precisely because they were given to the children of Israel by their God.

I understand that you want to take an easy path, just dump everything on your false god Jesus and pretend that he can make all the nasties go away, but in the real world, there are no easy paths. If you want to be with the God of the Bible then the ONLY way is to follow the path that He laid down for His followers. Obey, to the best of your ability, all of the Laws of the Torah. Start with stopping the worship of a false man-god. Jesus lived and died as nothing more than a Jewish itinerant preacher.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy you want to do what you want to do that's fine in this world. But when Jesus returns and sets up his own kingdom doing it your way isn't going to get you into his kingdom. Unfortunately it entitles you to the same fate as Satan and his do it my way angels. It was never about doing it our way even Jesus stated it " For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me"
see my post #8146

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
I already have proved otherwise. You have offered no counter argument, only curses.
You are a lying Jesus hater.

Mark 9:45 (NKJV)
45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no point in the NT. The NT is an insult to Hebrew Scripture.
JusttheFacts

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with hating others is that it prevents you from recognizing the one true GOD that is as I have repeatedly posted and you have repeatedly ignored:
1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
"8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
LOVE does not torture people for eternity!
You can't see the truth of what I am saying though. Hate has blocked off your heart.
That is the problem with judging others based on false information such as the Roman hoax of Christianity that plainly contradicts the true Jesus who said to examine all things.
You are a classic example of the blind being led by the blind.
have a nice evening and give some thought to waking up to the truth of your existence.
You cann't prove something by disguarding the parts of th eBible that you don't like. Remember it's God's Kingdom not Grandpasmurf952

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a lying Jesus hater.
Mark 9:45 (NKJV)
45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
Your Argmumentum Baculum makes me laugh.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

JusttheFacts wrote:
<quoted text>
You cann't prove something by disguarding the parts of th eBible that you don't like. Remember it's God's Kingdom not Grandpasmurf952
First you need to prove your God exists. Then prove the Bible to be Gods approved text book. Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,201 - 7,220 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 min Cookie_Parker 7,689
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 2 hr 15th Dalai Lama 951
The Law HYPOCRITES 3 hr Flygerian 650
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 4 hr tahoegirl 1,664
God calling His Son "God", Creator and to be wo... 4 hr Flygerian 162
If Jesus said few would find the "road that lea... 4 hr dollarsbill 28
Proof: There is a God! 4 hr Flygerian 41
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 10 hr River Tam 87,770
•••