Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7981 Feb 27, 2013
The Christian Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Iifnd it odd how gays and the ill-asdvised will attempt to use "eunichs" to mean anything other than "eunichs". Trust this, a eunuch would never be able to hve sex in the manner that a man has with a woman. The whole illegality is that men had attempted to replace a man's rear orifice for that of a womans' frontal vaginal cavity.
Actually many castrated men can get an erection and have sex. The only ones who could not would be those whose dangly bits were cut off completely.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#7982 Feb 27, 2013
Just The Facts wrote:
It’s interesting that gay marriage is even an issue in Church Homosexuality is a Sin the Bible is very clear on it.
Lev 18:22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable
And the Lord goes on further to explain why
Lev18:24 “‘Do not defile yourselves in any of these ways, because this is how the nations that I am going to drive out before you became defiled. 25 Even the land was defiled; so I punished it for its sin, and the land vomited out its inhabitants. 26 But you must keep my decrees and my laws. The native-born and the foreigners residing among you must not do any of these detestable things, 27 for all these things were done by the people who lived in the land before you, and the land became defiled. 28 And if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it vomited out the nations that were before you.
Lev18:29 “‘Everyone who does any of these detestable things—such persons must be cut off from their people. 30 Keep my requirements and do not follow any of the detestable customs that were practiced before you came and do not defile yourselves with them. I am the LORD your God.’”
And again in Leviticus 20
and again in
Lev20:13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
God is the one who ordained marriage.I would not want to be the Pastor’s performing those marriages and having to give an account of it the Lord.
Then being told those heart wrenching words Matt 7:23 "And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity"
Gen 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
It’s interesting that having a shrimp cocktail is even an issue in Church Eating shrimp is a Sin the Bible is very clear on it.

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

http://godhatesshrimp.com/
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#7983 Feb 27, 2013
Boo?
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide any evidence Satan exists.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#7984 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Boo?
<quoted text>
Ho

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#7985 Feb 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Contingent upon time and place. One of the things that I read was that early on, castration had not been "invented", as it were, hence any reference to an eunuch at that time must have referred to something other than a castrated man. As time passed, the definition shifted (words do that, you know) until now, any time someone refers to an eunuch, it only means a castrated man.
<quoted text>
On the one site, sources were cited stating that some such "eunuchs" were fertile, thus demonstrating that they had functioning male parts.
Well from what I read, it's tough to decided which came first: Warfare/punishment castration or castration foe eunuchs. I would guess a bit of both.
Castration goes back easily to 2000 BCE. Even the OT mentions it to about the same period.
Castration was used for ancient 'sex crimes' From China to Africa. But castration was used in warfare to take 'power' from an enemy and, to keep the enemy from producing any more off spring. In war fare castration like the cutting off of ears, modern scalping and such proved how many of the enemy were killed/wounded/taken.
I knew that non-castrated males were used as eunuchs. But I always had a problem with the statement "Eunuchs in the Bible were gay males."
Well I considered that statement as if I was a wealthy man in ancient Israel and I needed a eunuch to guard my wives. So my question would be how could I be sure a male was an actual eunuch that wouldn't be trying to ride my wives while he guarded them?
So a slave trader brings me several males to inspect. One has survived being fully castrated, one has his testicles removed, another had his crushed and the last two have intact genitalia.
Now whom an I going to consider and whom will I say instant no to.
I would tell the two males with intact genitalia to step back. No way would they get near my wives. The fully cut male with a small metal tube to allow peeing could become sick as I heard and saw it happen and even die. I need someone healthy so I wave him away.
The other two men I wave to follow. Two of my slave concubines I use for sex, they lay the men down on furs and cover their eyes. They proceed to arouse the men with their hands. Both men reach erections and the one castrated utters a faint moan while the one with smashed testicles, his erection goes soft quickly with no moans.
Well I know who's my new Eunuch. Now if you think it wasn't done in that capacity, I ask you to pretend your a wealthy man with wives in the same scenario with the same men and tell which man you would hire and why. By the way, your not Jewish.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7986 Feb 27, 2013
The Christian Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Iifnd it odd how gays and the ill-asdvised will attempt to use "eunichs" to mean anything other than "eunichs". Trust this, a eunuch would never be able to hve sex in the manner that a man has with a woman. The whole illegality is that men had attempted to replace a man's rear orifice for that of a womans' frontal vaginal cavity.
We have a not a few Hebrew scholars among our number here, sport.

Location hidden

#7987 Feb 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with at least half a brain understands that Jesus was a Jew. One need only look at the words he allegedly said or the words written about him to see that.
A lot of the Saulian gentile writing demonstrate that they didn't know what that meant.

You should read some of their tripe about the "living water" account in "John". It's obvious that the author might have had a grasp of the Sadducee temple faction and their practices, but the later commentators barely over a century later were clueless.

Location hidden

#7988 Feb 27, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s interesting that having a shrimp cocktail is even an issue in Church Eating shrimp is a Sin the Bible is very clear on it.
Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.
http://godhatesshrimp.com/
SO much for the centuries of whale and dolphin hunting, eh?

Spend only a few minutes up close and personal with some dolphins and you cannot help but know that they are God's beloved children.

Location hidden

#7989 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of the Saulian gentile writing demonstrate that they didn't know what that meant.
You should read some of their tripe about the "living water" account in "John". It's obvious that the author might have had a grasp of the Sadducee temple faction and their practices, but the later commentators barely over a century later were clueless.
Water mythology huh? The great city civilizations started around the Tigris and Euphrates, the Nile and the Ganges rivers to name a few.

Location hidden

#7990 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Water mythology huh? The great city civilizations started around the Tigris and Euphrates, the Nile and the Ganges rivers to name a few.
"Living Water" (Mayim Chaim) was the water drawn from the Pool of Bethesda with a silver ewer, and carried in procession up to the temple to sanctify the water in the Brazen Sea, and used to ritually purify all the implements of sacrifice and offering.

Prior to the ascendency of the temple cult and Sadducess, each tribe had their own places of sacrifice. In fact, anyone could build an altar of living (unhewn) stones and make offerings and prayers to the Father. The rise of the Temple cult brought this individual and tribal freedom and autonomy to an end. It was worse for those northern mixed-breed Samaritans who did not experience the exile. They became increasingly marginalized.

The Temple cultists increasingly taught that the only way to reach the Father was through them. THEY had the correct rituals, the temple and the unique ability to do the necessary purification that would make any offerings and prayers acceptable before God. They had the Mayim Chaim, the Living Water necessary to purify an altar. Any who could not afford their services could not even be free of their sins at Yom Kippur.

The Pharisee synagogue cult had economic and social standing ... and, of course, their rules and books and private purification baths. Any who didn't come from the right families, or follow their rules and observances also couldn't hope to be heard by God.

What Yeshua told the woman at the well was that she could have springs of Mayim Chaim welling up within her, eternally purifying her and making her prayers acceptable before the Father, no matter where she was, AND withOUT the approval of any priests or book-worshipping rule mongers.

In this, Yeshua was completely subverting the temple and the entire unjust social structure of the time.

A bit more than your average "water mythology", I'd say. lol

Location hidden

#7991 Feb 27, 2013
By the way, see any similarity between the religious sociual structures of that time and the Roman/Orthodox priestcraft and protestant book slinging of today?

For those who know the Judaism of the time, this story and many others have a richness, beauty and hope that far exceeds the understanding of gentile christendom.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#7992 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually many castrated men can get an erection and have sex. The only ones who could not would be those whose dangly bits were cut off completely.
"Dangly bits" - LOL!

Location hidden

#7993 Feb 27, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dangly bits" - LOL!
Like that one?

Location hidden

#7994 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Living Water" (Mayim Chaim) was the water drawn from the Pool of Bethesda with a silver ewer, and carried in procession up to the temple to sanctify the water in the Brazen Sea, and used to ritually purify all the implements of sacrifice and offering.
Prior to the ascendency of the temple cult and Sadducess, each tribe had their own places of sacrifice. In fact, anyone could build an altar of living (unhewn) stones and make offerings and prayers to the Father. The rise of the Temple cult brought this individual and tribal freedom and autonomy to an end. It was worse for those northern mixed-breed Samaritans who did not experience the exile. They became increasingly marginalized.
The Temple cultists increasingly taught that the only way to reach the Father was through them. THEY had the correct rituals, the temple and the unique ability to do the necessary purification that would make any offerings and prayers acceptable before God. They had the Mayim Chaim, the Living Water necessary to purify an altar. Any who could not afford their services could not even be free of their sins at Yom Kippur.
The Pharisee synagogue cult had economic and social standing ... and, of course, their rules and books and private purification baths. Any who didn't come from the right families, or follow their rules and observances also couldn't hope to be heard by God.
What Yeshua told the woman at the well was that she could have springs of Mayim Chaim welling up within her, eternally purifying her and making her prayers acceptable before the Father, no matter where she was, AND withOUT the approval of any priests or book-worshipping rule mongers.
In this, Yeshua was completely subverting the temple and the entire unjust social structure of the time.
A bit more than your average "water mythology", I'd say. lol
Indeed! Myth can be very complex. Don't you think there is some reason behind ritual purification and sacrifice? For example, man reached a point in development when he questioned his relationship to the other living creatures. He understood that he lived by taking the lives of other sentient beings or plants. He also could see other creatures doing the same thing. His world was small, so when he experienced powerful forces well beyond his own powers, he assumed a divinity of some kind which must be in some kind of relationship. Therefore, he offered up sacrifice to this unseen entity and ritual purification included water which also was essential to his life in the world. Thus ritualistic cleansing and sacrifices took place across cultures.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#7995 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Like that one?
Funny!!

Location hidden

#7996 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed! Myth can be very complex. Don't you think there is some reason behind ritual purification and sacrifice? For example, man reached a point in development when he questioned his relationship to the other living creatures. He understood that he lived by taking the lives of other sentient beings or plants. He also could see other creatures doing the same thing. His world was small, so when he experienced powerful forces well beyond his own powers, he assumed a divinity of some kind which must be in some kind of relationship. Therefore, he offered up sacrifice to this unseen entity and ritual purification included water which also was essential to his life in the world. Thus ritualistic cleansing and sacrifices took place across cultures.
Yeah. Primitive.

Hardly the liberation message presented in the "Living Water" account in "John".

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

#7997 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
SO much for the centuries of whale and dolphin hunting, eh?
Spend only a few minutes up close and personal with some dolphins and you cannot help but know that they are God's beloved children.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rUfj1YAX-h8XX
Can't eat anything with fins or scales? What about all the fish Fridays? Wow, the church makes up the rules as they go along, don't they?

Location hidden

#7998 Feb 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Primitive.
Hardly the liberation message presented in the "Living Water" account in "John".
Well of course. Man had advance a few years.

Location hidden

#7999 Feb 28, 2013
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't eat anything with fins or scales? What about all the fish Fridays? Wow, the church makes up the rules as they go along, don't they?
Can't eat anything WITHOUT fins AND scales.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#8000 Feb 28, 2013
I prefer to eat with a knife and fork.
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hearing Voices (the supernatural world) 11 min ChristineM 223
Evidence Against God 25 min Big Al 2,747
Poll Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 30 min anonymous 4,502
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 32 min Knowledge- 7,291
Science and Religion 47 min Memorial Day Sock 130
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Sheilaa 18,500
Cancer took my mom and I'm upset that that happ... 2 hr Passing thru 10
The New Covenant 3 hr Praise Jesus 209
More from around the web