Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#7356 Feb 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It could get funnier if you could spell so people could understand what the hell you're saying.
Plus it was bizarre watching you fantasize and put words in my mouth.
I cut you off a long time ago. You're not worth the bother. Crawl back into your closet.
lol...here, get your undies in a wad over this spelling...yah,yah, yah lolol.
You're a self described hypocritical biased prejudiced slur mongerer.

"For the third time, intent and context matter.
I can call my best friend a f@gg@+
You can't."

Fricking hypocritical idiot.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7357 Feb 21, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
"Just as Jesus refused to let the devil tempt him with Scriptural Literalism in the first century wilderness, we must resist the same temptation in the 21st -- because it makes no more sense now than it did then to take the Living Word of God and misuse it as the Literal Words of God. Jesus knew that -- and when he called the devil on it, the devil had no option but to "retire until a more opportune time." -Susan Russell
This is complete ignorance! Jesus Christ Himself said in rebuttal to satan,,"It is written!" HE LITERALLY believed scripture.

Satan misquoted scripture in his bid to tempt Christ and Christ told him that man does not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Come back when you actually know something.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7358 Feb 21, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to dictate the terms of discussion.
and you do? LMAO
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7359 Feb 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Maccabbees? See, fundies are almost universally Protestants, so they don't use the King James version. But, if you can't demonstrate why a certain book that IS included in one version should not be included in EVERY version, then you have just as much reason to accept it as God's words, and thus you should be using the FULL Bible and not the truncated version.
What about Maccabbees? It introduces the false doctrine of purgatory. Therefore it is not a part of the bible.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7360 Feb 21, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Christianity is a personal relationship with Christ Jesus.....being born again into the family of God........being forgiven from all of our sins and made righteous through the shed BLOOD of Jesus.........we are saved children of the living God......
TRUE Christianity is not a "religion" at all.
Atheists cannot fathom that truth. They have to pigeonhole Christianity so they can keep thinking they understand it. That is why they freak out when told it is not a religion. They have no concept of a personal relationship with God since they do not believe in Him.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Del Valle, TX

#7361 Feb 21, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Maccabbees? It introduces the false doctrine of purgatory. Therefore it is not a part of the bible.
By that logic, most of the bible is not part of the bible.
Maybe you got no logic!
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7362 Feb 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should read the information from this link:
http://rcg.org/books/wdbam.html
It really doesn't agree with your position!!!
Heretical site.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7363 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do fundies use that "Christianity is NOT a religion" line? It clearly is. What do you get out of lying? Seriously, I just don't get it. Do you think it makes Christianity seem unique among religions?
lost soul like you isn't expected to understand.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7364 Feb 21, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should read the information from this link:
http://rcg.org/books/wdbam.html
It really doesn't agree with your position!!!
http://philippians1v21.wordpress.com/why-beli...
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7365 Feb 21, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
By that logic, most of the bible is not part of the bible.
Maybe you got no logic!
You make no sense at all.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7366 Feb 21, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do fundies use that "Christianity is NOT a religion" line? It clearly is. What do you get out of lying? Seriously, I just don't get it. Do you think it makes Christianity seem unique among religions?
Religion has rules and regulations, the very thing Christ confronted the Pharisees about.

What do you get out of being so ignorant?

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#7367 Feb 21, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense at all.
I understand it makes no sense to you.
You are one scared human being.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7368 Feb 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU need to understand that the dictionary definition of religion INCLUDES christianity, whether you like it or not. Then you might be able to begin to grasp the fact that there is a much bigger picture that you are so desperately trying to pretend doesn't exist...
YOU need to understand that I couldn't care less what a secular book says about Christianity. You just cannot fathom a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the God Almighty of Abraham and Isaac and all the prophets. Whether YOU like it or not.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7369 Feb 21, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it makes no sense to you.
You are one scared human being.
lol

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#7370 Feb 21, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Heretical site.
Right, because we all know you have written so MANY articles on this subject.......lol!!!

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#7371 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
It's nothing to laugh out loud about.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7372 Feb 22, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because we all know you have written so MANY articles on this subject.......lol!!!
I happen to know this site is a branch of Herbert W. Armstrong of the Worldwide Church of God, a cult. You have no idea what you linked to. No surprise though, you just ain't right bright.
Sola Scriptura

Fayetteville, WV

#7373 Feb 22, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nothing to laugh out loud about.
I'm laughing at your utter ignorance.

“It's all in your head”

Del Valle, TX

#7374 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm laughing at your utter ignorance.
I can understand how one's ignorance can have instances of humor, but your stupidity is not funny at all. At your age it's not ignorance anymore it's just stupid or maybe you have a low IQ as an excuse. It's just sad that somebody like you holds on to so much hate and denial. It's sad because it is such a waste of this one life we have on this planet.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#7375 Feb 22, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why doesn't God let its believers know who has ... 10 min Isaiah 29-13 691
After CIA torture report: rebuilding a culture ... 11 min kuda 98
Christian Topix forum? 14 min Barnsweb 86
The Dumbest Creationist on Earth 16 min 15th Dalai Lama 373
Jesus is God 33 min PrinceofDarkness 53
Imagine that you had to tell an alien about God... 36 min PrinceofDarkness 458
Creeationism is a mental illness 40 min PrinceofDarkness 207
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr Nc here 17,773
More from around the web