Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6946 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
No you weren't. You chose to be a gay. An abomination, you chose it.
See how wrong you can be, again?

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6947 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't respond to anymore of my posts because you know you don't know what you are talking about. Paul is in lockstep with the teachings of Christ, in all things.
Go ahead and post scripture where they disagree. You can't do it.
And I hate no one here. Do you see me responding to Christians? No you don't because I only go after fakes and frauds. show me where I have said anything against true Christians. Maybe YOU have a different definition of Christianity than I do.
6. The Magic Decoder Ring ploy is used to make the fundie feel good about running away from an argument in which he is being trounced. They say something like: "I wouldn't expect the unsaved - who doesn't know the Word of God - to understand a Godly concept.'

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#6948 Feb 18, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be something about Americans then because Canada has had gay marriage for almost a decade now and it hasn't really caused a lot of disruption to the churches up here. Then again, we don't have nearly the number of fundamentalist rejects that the US seems to have either.
That's not a shot at America btw, simply an observation.
http://blog.speakupmovement.org/church/uncate...

The above link is to a site that stands against Canadian government dictating what religion shall do and what it won't do concerning same sex marriage.

True from the perspective of Canadians that support same sex marriage I agree. I took the following from the web. It explains why there isn't any church against church contention in Canada. Church ministers in Canada by law cannot refuse anyone of same sex marriage least they be breaking Canadian law :)
On January 10, the Saskatchewan Court of Appeals in Canada released an opinion holding that marriage commissioners in Canada could not refuse to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies on the grounds that doing so would violate their religious beliefs. The case arose after some marriage commissioners objected to performing same-sex “marriage” ceremonies. The government asked the courts whether it would be lawful for the marriage commissioners to refuse to perform the ceremonies on the grounds that doing so would violate their religious beliefs.

The court held that allowing marriage commissioners to refuse to perform same-sex “marriage” ceremonies would violate the “Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms” because it “would violate the equality rights of gay and lesbian individuals.” In a summary of the opinion, the Court described its holding by stating,“The Court held that accommodating the religious beliefs of marriage commissioners could not justify discrimination against gay and lesbian couples.”

Well what about the religious freedom afforded Canadians in its Charter? The Court had a chilling answer to that as well. It said that “the obligation to solemnize same-sex marriages does not affect or interfere with the core elements of a commissioner’s religious freedom: the freedom to hold beliefs and the freedom to worship.”

This decision is concerning on many fronts but it illustrates what ADF has been saying for many years. The conflict between the homosexual agenda and religious freedom is real and carries grave consequences for religious freedom. As Kevin Theriot pointed out in his recent blog, the current Commissioner of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Chai R. Feldblum, was questioned about instances when religious liberty and homosexual “rights” conflict. She stated that she would have “a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win.”

That type of philosophy should concern every freedom-loving American. The decision in Canada, though, attempts to make short shrift of those concerns. The judges, in their eminent wisdom, assure us all that religious freedom remains intact because you can still believe whatever you wish and worship however you wish. That’s cold comfort for Canadians, though. Being told by your government that it will allow you to believe whatever you wish even though you cannot act on that belief is totalitarianism plain and simple. What good is the right to belief if you cannot act in accordance with those beliefs?

Wake up America! We are not very far removed geographically from Canada and some of our very own government officials have such a twisted view of our own First Amendment that they believe religious freedom should take a back seat to “equality.” We would be naive to believe that what just happened in Canada will not find its way into our own system of law. Especially considering the penchant some of our courts have for looking to international law to justify their decisions.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#6949 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>6. The Magic Decoder Ring ploy is used to make the fundie feel good about running away from an argument in which he is being trounced. They say something like: "I wouldn't expect the unsaved - who doesn't know the Word of God - to understand a Godly concept.'
Sorry Nettie, but Sola is absolutely correct as usual. The scriptures are clear about this.

1 Corinthians 2:13-14
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6951 Feb 18, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Nettie, but Sola is absolutely correct as usual. The scriptures are clear about this.
1 Corinthians 2:13-14
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Catechism of the Catholic Church

PART THREE
LIFE IN CHRIST

SECTION ONE
MAN'S VOCATION LIFE IN THE SPIRIT

CHAPTER ONE
THE DIGNITY OF THE HUMAN PERSON

ARTICLE 6
MORAL CONSCIENCE

1776 "Deep within his conscience man discovers a law which he has not laid upon himself but which he must obey. Its voice, ever calling him to love and to do what is good and to avoid evil, sounds in his heart at the right moment.... For man has in his heart a law inscribed by God.... His conscience is man's most secret core and his sanctuary. There he is alone with God whose voice echoes in his depths."47

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6952 Feb 18, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1-6 (King James Version)
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
Yet you just made a severe judgement a few posts back of Mormons and you excuse yourself from being judgemental as you just accused some one of being?
" It is the doctrine I hate that is harming the people trapped in it and those driven to drink that have been cast out!"
You judged Mormon doctrine as harmful. You judged people as being trapped in Mormonism with no way to quit it. And you judged those leaving that religion, as all being cast/forced out and are all alcoholics.
And you don't judge others? Get a fricking grip on reality dude!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#6953 Feb 18, 2013
Nettie,
Quoting from the Catechism of the Catholic Church is meaningless to me. Only the Word of God matters.

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#6954 Feb 18, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Nettie,
Quoting from the Catechism of the Catholic Church is meaningless to me. Only the Word of God matters.
I Ching?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6955 Feb 18, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Transubstantiation.... check into it.
Without jesus' sacrifice, there can be no christianity.
If I purposefully allowed myself to be killed for a cause, would you say I was a willing victim of human sacrifice by others? Or would you say I sacrificed my life for a cause(just or unjust)?
I will admit that Jesus being human and Jesus giving himself over to others as a sacrifice for sins was a human sacrifice for the sins of humanity. That I will admit.
But as far as Jesus being set forth by others to be a human sacrifice to appease some god the people killing him believed in was a necessity to be preformed, that never took place.
The human sacrifice angle comes from just one angle and that is from how Jesus stated and described giving up his life was a sacrifice for our sins.
So we agree to agree and disagree :)

NDanger

“Third Eye”

Since: Nov 10

You can't get there from here.

#6956 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't change the fact you are a dumbass.
So true...so very,very true...

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#6957 Feb 18, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Nettie,
But you ain't listening. You are told what to think, but not by God.

John from Texas

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Buda, TX

#6958 Feb 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I Ching?
He'd be better off doing a little I Ching. It only cost 3 cents.

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#6959 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Kinmda hard! Have you seen the girth of wayne? Whew!
girth? wow, you are gay...

NDanger

“Third Eye”

#6960 Feb 18, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
um, the facts are what they are .. http://www.100abortionpictures.com/Aborted_Ba... .. deal w/ it
Wow, makes Josef Mengele look like a saint...

But hey, the good news is they aren't 'babies' or 'human beings'...why they're nothin' but fetuses and zygotes...

Oooops, my bad, I misrepresented zygotes...

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#6961 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no comprehension whatsoever. I could have CHOSEN to stay with the same sex but I DIDN'T. I went with women. I was fooling around, experimenting, whatever you want to call it but CHOSE women.
Just to toss in my 2 cents worth...:)
If you enjoyed sex with males as well as females and, you say you could have enjoyed a relationship with a male but you have chosen relationships with females, that defines you a bisexual.
Bisexuals have an attraction to both females and males for both sex and relationships. Thus they are able to do what heterosexuals and homosexuals can't do. They can choose which sexual orientation to follow and which to ignore. Or they can choose to be involved with both sexual orientations at once :)
On the other hand, a heterosexual will always choose relationships with the opposite sex and a homosexual will always choose relationships with the same sex. But some homosexuals and some heterosexuals can find it pleasurable to have sex with either orientation while having explicit relations with just one orientation.
Hope that helps the conversation?

“Game Over”

Location hidden

#6962 Feb 18, 2013
John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd be better off doing a little I Ching. It only cost 3 cents.
He'd be better off doing a little Sca Ching. It's free.
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6963 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>6. The Magic Decoder Ring ploy is used to make the fundie feel good about running away from an argument in which he is being trounced. They say something like: "I wouldn't expect the unsaved - who doesn't know the Word of God - to understand a Godly concept.'
Nettie, the fake catholic shows her truecolrs again. How do catholics feel about Paul, Nettie? Or are you going to let a illiterate like Papa smurf throw doubt on your chosen faith? lol

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#6964 Feb 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to toss in my 2 cents worth...:)
If you enjoyed sex with males as well as females and, you say you could have enjoyed a relationship with a male but you have chosen relationships with females, that defines you a bisexual.
Bisexuals have an attraction to both females and males for both sex and relationships. Thus they are able to do what heterosexuals and homosexuals can't do. They can choose which sexual orientation to follow and which to ignore. Or they can choose to be involved with both sexual orientations at once :)
On the other hand, a heterosexual will always choose relationships with the opposite sex and a homosexual will always choose relationships with the same sex. But some homosexuals and some heterosexuals can find it pleasurable to have sex with either orientation while having explicit relations with just one orientation.
Hope that helps the conversation?
Get ready for wayne to start throwing his dirty diapers at ya!

Just sayin!
Sola Scriptura

Hansford, WV

#6965 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Catechism of the Catholic Church
We don't care.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#6966 Feb 18, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
girth? wow, you are gay...
Wow are you a dumb hillbilly..
Go learn ya sumpthin..
Do you have any idea how uneducated you idiotic statement makes you?

I didnt think so.. you're too dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 20 min janeebee 20,542
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 1 hr janeebee 92
Can Someone Please Explain Luke 17:34 for me? (May '10) 2 hr Old Earth Dude 44
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 2 hr KAB 2,451
Why the Earth Was Created in Six Days 3 hr I love jesus 76
The Moral Failure Of Christians 3 hr ROG 20
PAUL OUR FATHER . 1Cor 4: 15 (Feb '16) 4 hr little lamb 115
Why lie about the truth? Christian mistranslat... 4 hr KAB 352
More from around the web