Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6860 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you have to look forward to? Nothing. You're gonna lose everything and everyone you love, including your life. What will you have left? Nothing.
I wish I could be there to see your face when you find out you're wrong.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6862 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish I could be there to see your face when you find out you're wrong.
Yeah, we know .... misery loves company

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6863 Feb 18, 2013
15,302 posts .... WOW !!!

you should like go outside and throw a frisbee or something

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#6864 Feb 18, 2013
His-truth wrote:
15,302 posts .... WOW !!!
you should like go outside and throw a frisbee or something
Sure, wanna finish this pile of work I have sitting on my desk so I can?

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6865 Feb 18, 2013
if you finish mine first .. ha !

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6866 Feb 18, 2013
20,799 . . . no wonder
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6867 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Of course He is, yet, He gave His full Authority to the Church He founded.
P.S.:
That ain't you, Wayne.
And it sure as shit ain't the catholic church or you.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6868 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>actually wayne, God dint 'forgive' you.. he PUNISHED THE EVER LIVIN HELL out of you! Look down! See the diapers?
LMAO! That what ya get for being such a foul human.
See how stupid you are? In your twisted way of thinking everyone who has an accident it is Gods doing. Is it God's fault you are a perverted sick pos?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6869 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>And you DIAPER wearers(because of your OWN actions) are reprobates. Which means worthless.
has anyone changed em in awhile?
Yes. My actions, God didn't have anything to do with it. There might be hope for you yet but I doubt it.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6872 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read anything?
It is not uncommon for boys that age to do what you did. That doesn't mean you had a choice to be gay. You never did.
You are a liar. I could have kept with the same sex but I didn't. I knew I had a choice so I chose GIRLS!!! God bless em'!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#6873 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And it sure as shit ain't the catholic church or you.
lol, yes it is the Catholic Church, Wayne.
Why would Jesus want a church that has branched out so many times with so many conflicting teachings?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6874 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: you have no answer, so you have to cop out and go back to what you believe is "the" bible.
I was born gay, I can absolutely prove I was, and since you did zero to disprove it, my post still stands:
Of course I can prove it to a rational person.
However whether or not science can prove it is irrelevant. I know it for a fact as well as I know I was born right-handed. Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter, I know it for a fact.
And I don't lie. Lying to someone gives that person power. It necessarily presumes that person can offer consequences based on what is said. You can't offer any consequences; you're nobody. Hence I have no reason to lie to you. And there are other very easy proofs to show gay people en masse cannot possibly be lying. That is statistically improbable if not impossible.
But whether or not I was born gay is not relevant, either. If I wasn't, I would simply say so, and I would continue fighting for equal rights under the law. That doesn't change the argument. Religion is a choice, who cares if sexual orientation if a choice?(p.s. that's one less reason to lie.)
You cannot prove it. Period.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6875 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That's simple. Show me the original.
The original also says homosexuality is an abomination. And I do have the original manuscript but you will never see it.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6876 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar. I could have kept with the same sex but I didn't. I knew I had a choice so I chose GIRLS!!! God bless em'!
Bisexuals can make a choice, Wayne.

“the end-times is now”

Location hidden

#6877 Feb 18, 2013
"Why would Jesus want a church that has branched out so many times with so many conflicting teachings?"

and what the offical RCC teaching on Homosexuality ??.. or howbout Pedophilia ??
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6878 Feb 18, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>Tony.. he had a choice.
a choice to be intelligent or a choice to be unintelligent. he 'chose' the latter. Now he's payin for it!
Oh, queers are intelligent? That's the most unintelligent thing you have said.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6879 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
And, you have stated something in this post that you never have before!
Before you claimed you were just 'experimenting'.
Now, you say that you know you could have remained being with someone of the same sex.
In saying what you just said here, you IMO are saying you would have been comfortable either way, with male or female.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6880 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Denying people are born gay is calling God a liar.
Prove it.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6881 Feb 18, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>lol, yes it is the Catholic Church, Wayne.
Why would Jesus want a church that has branched out so many times with so many conflicting teachings?
You mean like the catholic church and it's teaching AGAINST homosexuality? And so called catholics like YOU that reject their own churches teachings? You're nothing but a hypocrite.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

#6882 Feb 18, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"Why would Jesus want a church that has branched out so many times with so many conflicting teachings?"
and what the offical RCC teaching on Homosexuality ??.. or howbout Pedophilia ??
Oh please, hon.
Do not treat me as though I don't know these things.

I recently read that, now, 75% of American Catholics support same-sex marriage.

As for pedophilia, what a dumb question, hon.
That is a vile crime.
I have posted many, many times that each member of the Catholic Church, be it priest, Bishop, Pope, should be brought to justice for any part they had in these terrible crimes.
BTW, these vile crimes were/are just as serious within the Protestant faith and other faiths as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll The Greatest Threat to America's Security 41 min River Tam 3,216
Poll Who is the dumbest fundie on the TCF in 2016? 1 hr GnashingofTeeth 3
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 1 hr Larry 4,175
4,70,000 errors, mistakes, contradictions in bible (Jul '15) 1 hr janeebee 2,194
Test For The Existance Of God 2 hr INSULTING TO JESUS 63
Divorced wife won't reconcile with you? 2 hr INSULTING TO JESUS 75
Nutter alert - headteacher claims Evolution is ... 3 hr INSULTING TO JESUS 134
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 hr INSULTING TO JESUS 17,935
Evidence Against God 3 hr INSULTING TO JESUS 905
More from around the web