Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16103 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#6818 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you use Scripture to support your view? You cannot. You are ignorant of God's word. You're just another goat/tare heading for the eternal fire.
Matthew 7:1-6 (King James Version)

"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

I am not in the habit of using scriptures that can be twisted by people such as yourself to prove anything. I have already pointed out to you this scripture which you WRONGLY claim does not apply to you.

You twist the bible to support your hate based religion and deny any scripture pointed out to you that conflicts with your psychotic god of hellfire.

wake up to reality!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6819 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I do. God warned you and me.
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
That's from a book already proven to be inaccurate.

Good luck.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6820 Feb 18, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't forget about 'animal sacrifice' God commanded of the Israelites. He didn't command 'human sacrifices'. And if Israelites did do human sacrifices, it was of their own doing, not a commandment.
And Jesus was never literal about drinking his blood and eating his flesh. Because if he was literal about it, he couldn't have been resurrected because his disciples would have been drinking the blood they bled from his dead body and they would have been eating it's flesh for sacraments. And when they ran out of his blood and flesh they would have had no way to carry out the commandment to drink his blood and eat his flesh as a substitute would never replace the real thing.
Jesus sacrificed himself by being a martyr for his beliefs. So call it a human sacrifice or whatever tunes your motor. The NT states he sacrificed his life for those that would believe in him. His dying a martyr does nothing for those that don't believe.
So as I stated, calling his death a human sacrifice would be applicable if those killing him, were killing him to sacrifice him as a human sacrifice for some god or religious cause.
He was killed as a criminal, not as a human sacrifice. So spin it all you want :)
Transubstantiation.... check into it.

Without jesus' sacrifice, there can be no christianity.
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#6821 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stand before God you will hear it in person. Be patient. It will happen.
Really? and just HOW do you intend to verify that it happened?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6822 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a covenant between a MAN and a WOMAN. You are so brainwashed by gay commentators and gay supporters you are reprobate.
Yet; you are looking squarely at the marriage covenant between two men in the Bible
jeeeeeze!
shutup and lick your face faster

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#6823 Feb 18, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be something about Americans then because Canada has had gay marriage for almost a decade now and it hasn't really caused a lot of disruption to the churches up here. Then again, we don't have nearly the number of fundamentalist rejects that the US seems to have either.
That's not a shot at America btw, simply an observation.
I couldn't agree more.

Do you live in Oshawa?

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#6824 Feb 18, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more.
Do you live in Oshawa?
Indeed I do.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#6825 Feb 18, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed I do.
Well then, howdy neighbour
LowellGuy

United States

#6826 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
That bus is reserved for you Bible haters. And there's plenty of room.
There is a special place for you.
Matthew 13:49-50 (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
No beer fountain for you!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#6827 Feb 18, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1-6 (King James Version)
"1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
I am not in the habit of using scriptures that can be twisted by people such as yourself to prove anything. I have already pointed out to you this scripture which you WRONGLY claim does not apply to you.
You twist the bible to support your hate based religion and deny any scripture pointed out to you that conflicts with your psychotic god of hellfire.
wake up to reality!
You will spend eternity in Hell fire for calling Jesus a liar.

Matthew 5:22 (KJV)
22 whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Location hidden

#6828 Feb 18, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That's from a book already proven to be inaccurate.
You're a hopin' anyway.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6829 Feb 18, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the bible. He WILL tell you.
Is God in your Bible? You better let him out now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6830 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Still talking about your volcano god fantasy?
LowellGuy

United States

#6831 Feb 18, 2013
Whisgean Zoda wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be something about Americans then because Canada has had gay marriage for almost a decade now and it hasn't really caused a lot of disruption to the churches up here. Then again, we don't have nearly the number of fundamentalist rejects that the US seems to have either.
That's not a shot at America btw, simply an observation.
Us too, in Massachusetts. No churches have been compelled in any way to do anything different. They're still butt-hurt about letting the darkies take our women as their wives and not allowing racial discrimination in churches for weddings. Of course, the same people think it's cool that the federal government forced the Mormon church to change its doctrines to allow Utah to become a state. Hypocrisy, thy name is religion.

Location hidden

#6832 Feb 18, 2013
Neil Andblowme wrote:
<quoted text>Really? and just HOW do you intend to verify that it happened?
Won't have to 'verify' it. Everyone will know.

Matthew 25 (NKJV)
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand,'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand,'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
LowellGuy

United States

#6833 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
People can say incorrect things yet not lie.

Location hidden

#6834 Feb 18, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Still talking about your volcano god fantasy?
And what do you have to look forward to? Nothing. You're gonna lose everything and everyone you love, including your life. What will you have left? Nothing.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#6835 Feb 18, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Us too, in Massachusetts. No churches have been compelled in any way to do anything different. They're still butt-hurt about letting the darkies take our women as their wives and not allowing racial discrimination in churches for weddings. Of course, the same people think it's cool that the federal government forced the Mormon church to change its doctrines to allow Utah to become a state. Hypocrisy, thy name is religion.
America could learn a lot about tolerance and freedom from Canada. Far too many Americans still live in the dark ages.

Location hidden

#6836 Feb 18, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
People can say incorrect things yet not lie.
But Jesus insisted.

Mark 9:45 (NKJV)
45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#6837 Feb 18, 2013
dollarsbill wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jesus insisted.
Mark 9:45 (NKJV)
45 And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame, rather than having two feet, to be cast into hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched--
And Stephen King said cars can come to life and go on murderous rampages. Fiction is fiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
25 THINGS THE BIBLE FORBIDS BUT WE STILL DO - i... 1 min Barnsweb 198
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 7 min flame of truth 1,933
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min dollarsbill 4,227
From Baptist to Buddhism (Sep '09) 21 min dollarsbill 74
Real Gospel of Jesus 25 min Vinamese 1
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 28 min dollarsbill 3,523
Christians: Is this really Christian theology? 55 min dollarsbill 91
Sodom and Gomorrah And Drunk incest. 1 hr dollarsbill 271
Challenge to all Christians 4 hr dollarsbill 310
More from around the web