Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6426 Feb 16, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Says a pretend Catholic who mocks Christians and the Word of God continually day after day and post after post.
Another insult. Very Christian right? ROTFLMAO

I rest my case.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#6428 Feb 16, 2013
NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet 'obviously' you weren't there...
As I said, it is simply impossible mythology which never actually happened, so how could I be there? Nobody was there. It didn't happen.

“the end-times is now”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#6429 Feb 16, 2013
It's not wise to play chicken w/ mother nature .. http://www.hallindsey.com/videos/...
Granpastur

Pekin, IL

#6430 Feb 16, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, it is simply impossible mythology which never actually happened, so how could I be there? Nobody was there. It didn't happen.
If you really believed that, you wouldn't be trolling Bible threads 24/7.

Obviously you have serious issues with choosing to live in open rebellion against God's many commands against all homosexual behavior!
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6431 Feb 16, 2013
RUFUBAR wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judge NOT lest YE be judged" Jesus weeps for you! And,"Let those without SIN,cast the first stone" 0 for 2,care to keep going you Faux Christian?
Go lay down somewhere.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6432 Feb 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice, not once in all of your babbling fundie posts do you present ANY evidence at all that what you are saying it true. No, you can't quote the Wholly Buy-bull to prove the Wholly Buy-bull. That's like quoting the Qur'an to prove Allah is the true god.
So, come on, give us some provable, testable, observable evidence that what you are claiming is true, or STFU. Deal?
You don't get to make the rules Rosie. The reason you won't acept biblical proof is because you have no defense against it. You on the other hand use worldly explanations to express your secular opinions. So, you don't get to use liberal or secular arguments to bolster YOUR opinions.

Dumbass.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6434 Feb 16, 2013
Wiley Cyote wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,you can say that again my friend! David was at the least Bi-sexual! It states that David "Exceded" and in the language of the time there is NO mistaking that "Exceded" meant he had a rather large woody! LOL Here is a link that explains it further! We should also ask,exactly what did Jesus say about homosexuality if it was so important in the scheme of things? The answer as you most likely know was absolutely NOTHING! Zilch,nada!How many platonic friends get a woody when meeting each other?
King David was gay!
http://www.examiner.com/spiritual-life-in-nat...
Perverts see normal, cultural things in a perverted way. Paul said to greet each other with a holy kiss. To you that probably means he was gay or at least bi. Exceeded does NOT mean David had an erection. Evidently you only use gay commentators to get your opinions satisfied. No matter what anyone tells you, you will see David and Johnathan and even Christ Himself as gays. It only fits your gay lifestyle and trying to normalize it.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6435 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to make the rules Rosie. The reason you won't acept biblical proof is because you have no defense against it. You on the other hand use worldly explanations to express your secular opinions. So, you don't get to use liberal or secular arguments to bolster YOUR opinions.
Dumbass.

Show me the original bible, or nothing you say has any standing whatsoever.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6436 Feb 16, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
David and Jonathan's marriage lasted 15 years until by death they were parted
What is it about the biblical principles of marriage that you don't understand?
They weren't married. Just how pathetic is that. I would like to see your source for that conclusion because it is NOT biblically supported. You have no doubt read some gay commentators opinions.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6437 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO evidence for a world wide flood. There is a LOT of that no such flood ever took place. A local flood is not proof that the Bible myth is true.
Everywhere you look is evidence of a world wide flood.

Not necessarily Noah's though.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6438 Feb 16, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm straight. I've never, ever *stripped* totally naked in front of a female friend. Have you done that in front of a member of the same sex? Handed them your clothes while you were alone? I've never *stripped* in front of a man and not had sex with him.
Plenty,, hundreds of thousands,, male and female athletes constantly strip and take showers in front of each other. Are they all gay?

Dumbass.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6440 Feb 16, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what I say has no more standing than what YOU say, right? Nothing YOU say is original. There has ALWAYS been gays and there have always been straights.

And do we have to have the original bible to know that killing is wrong? That stealing is wrong? That adultery is wrong?
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6441 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The only thing that really matters is what it says in the original Hebrew. Translation ALWAYS introduces errors.
Really? Who translates the original Hebrew to you? And if translation ALWAYS introduces error, then how can you so smugly say homosexuality is NOT an abomination? You had to translate it, right?

I think what you mean is someone with an agenda, like the gays, introduce their OWN opinions.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6444 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the WHOLE passage IN CONTEXT. It is obvious that it has NOTHING to do with the Jesus birth myth. It was a prophecy for King Ahaz, and fulfilled in his lifetime.
No it wasn't. It was a prophecy of the virgin birth of Christ. A non-Christian like you wouldn't know that though.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6445 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Jewish. Some of my best friends are...
And they are lying to you. They rejected Jesus then and your friends reject Him now. No big deal though, it was prophecied.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6446 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Missing the mark. As in archery, when you don't hit the bulls-eye. It is a mistake, to be learned from and not repeated. More to the point, it is not something that one has no choice about. It is not a sin to be born with blue eyes, it is not a sin to be born gay. To be promiscuous IS a sin, since one has a choice to be promiscuous or not.
And no one IS born gay. The missing of the mark comes when one CHOOSES to be gay.
Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6448 Feb 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief in Satan would be blasphemy, since the Bible tells the children of Israel, and anyone else who worships the God of the Bible, that they are to worship one and only one God - no other Gods allowed. That includes a God of evil like Satan While the Bible does acknowledge that there are other Gods for other people, the Bible also assures His followers that The God of the Bible is the source of all evil that befalls them.
The bible does NOT acknowledge other gods. You are a idiot if you think so. You do not know how to read scripture.

Just how simple minded are you? Satan is no god. The human race is a rebellious lot. They, we..sin enough without throwing satan into the mix. Satan's main ploy is coming when he pretends to be Jesus Christ and folks like YOU will swarm to him like bees to the hive.

THAT is what your Jewish friends are leading you to.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6449 Feb 16, 2013
Sola Scriptura wrote:
<quoted text>
Plenty,, hundreds of thousands,, male and female athletes constantly strip and take showers in front of each other. Are they all gay?
Dumbass.
What sport were Jonathan and David playing? What arena were they in?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#6450 Feb 16, 2013
NorCal Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Show me a gay gene and a gaywho was not abused as a child, or nothin you say has any standing whatsoever.
Not even an attempt at an answer?

I'll post again:

Sola Scriptura

Charleston, WV

#6451 Feb 16, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you be honest and say you don't belong to any Church?
Why can't you be honest and say you think you know everything? You do say that, anyway. But, your chosen "faith" is full of prejudice and hate.
Sounds like you. You think you know everything, don't you?

FYI, God is prejudiced against sin and depravity. And He absolutley HATES sins such as homosexuality.

I know truth like that is hardly heard in todays world but guess what? It is prophecied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"God wanted women in the home in this time" 6 min Nc resident 6
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 43 min Xcaliber 2,204
The antichrist 46 min Ofo Oao 6
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 1 hr messianic114 842
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 2 hr susanblange 1,099
Paul the first anti-christ, financed by Rome..T... (Mar '10) 2 hr Ol Fuddy Duddy 579
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 2 hr Hell-Sucks 594
Why do so many American fundies feel persecuted? 9 hr Barnsweb 69
dollarsbill vs an athiest 15 hr Truth 395
Evolution or Devolution. 21 hr Thinking 90

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE