Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

#5276 Feb 11, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, if you say YOU are a true Christian, and KAB says HE'S a true Christian, how am I to know which one is right? You both present equally compelling arguments based on absolutely nothing. This is a real conundrum!
I hardly go to that forum at all anymore because it's so disappointing to see that after two years educated people are still trying to communicate with KAB. It's kind of like a search for extraterrestial intelligence. It's just not there. Even if it was there, if they found us they would just keep searching.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#5277 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your own words & ideas show your causual disregard for the insititution of marriage, embrace of swapping and conte,mpt for fidelity...
You tried to assert that gay marriage was part of a move towoards gay exclusive monogomy...its not and thats easily verifiable.
Sorry, but I don't cheat on my wedding vows unlike opposite-sex couples who are married and have open marriages!!!

And again, you fail to comprehend that just because some married Gays and Lesbians have an open marriage that MUST mean all.......and they aren't the same......YET, at the same time you disregard the fact that this type of activity happens and is accepted among married heterosexual couples!!!

This clearly shows just how hypocritical you are!!!

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5278 Feb 11, 2013
Days Of Futures Past wrote:
The Pope has resigned! This just in! Who will furnish his Prada now?
That's a shame. As much of a disappointment as he was following on the heels of John Paul II he's still the Pope and you gotta love him. I guess I'll wear a white shirt and black tie to Mass or, as Romans calls it, changing my ID and trolling other forums.

God bless the old boy.

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5279 Feb 11, 2013
Holy mackerel. The first reading is almost all of Genesis 1 and there's a good chance I'll get tapped to read it.

Jazybird58

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5280 Feb 11, 2013
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
Holy mackerel. The first reading is almost all of Genesis 1 and there's a good chance I'll get tapped to read it.
Can you keep a straight face while doing it?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5281 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Who are you posting to? Other gays or simply any idiot in denial. Don't get your butt in a wad, it is rather humorous to watch you gays spin into snorts.
Show me an original bible.

LOL.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5282 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Poor gayser, the point was that Dr. Adams simply did research on mentally ill gays and that should be evidenced by the attraction of gays to AIDS and suicide.
Really, no studies to back up 91% of gays contemplating suicide, suicide being a mental illness or suicide being problematic among gays. In fact, I can find the evidence in gay literatures and publications as well as in scientific.
IN fact, 38% of all teen suicides are gay teens, 44-53% of adult suicides are gays, depending on the studies. 71% of gays attempt suicide, with more lesbian attempts and more gay men succeeding. At present 80% of all AIDS cases are gays and despite the lack of HIV cases in lesbians, they still are 4 times as likely to get HPV as straight women.
Hmmmmmmm!!!!!!....NEXT.
Obviously the figures you pulled out of your ass are greatly distorted.

However, suicide is an issue in the gay community. The reason for that is because of people like you. The blood is on your hands.

If society didn't give gay people a hard time, there would be no reason for any greater percentage of suicide than in the heterosexual community.

And you don't get to dispute that.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5283 Feb 11, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
What personal prejudices? I'm against all sin equally as evidenced by my posts on many different threads. Sin isn't a minority class.
But sin infested lifestyles can be forgiven if a person comes to the cross. Jesus will forgive them and their sins will be cast into the depth of the sea.
Jesus: "except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." Luke 13:3
I have already done that. Being gay was not one of my sins.

Dismissed.

Next.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5284 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>No, the conversation is about you gays being unable to receive anything of substance and prevent any behavioral destruction from visiting upon you. The simplest of which is, using a condom to cover up anal stuff which leads to your AIDS.
Thank you, if you are not insulted then you get the point in the truth that are posted.
Bottle? Oh yes, my morning tea.
So then you clearly support gay marriage, because that virtually eliminates transmission of HIV and any other STD's.

Or are you just another hypocrite using HIV as a weak excuse for your prejudice?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5285 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed, our personal prejudices are attributed to God. It is called the Bible and God's word. Where do you find your personal prejudices and do you attribute them to satan?
Where do you find God's Word?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5286 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Really, let's highlight it. My wonder is why he excluded the 1. Indeed 100% of gays are self hating homosexuals, compared to 75% of transsexuals being self hating homosexuals and 1-3% of humans being self hating homosexuals.
Ta-da!!!!!!!!!!
You're missing the point. It begs extrapolation to the gay-hating posters on these threads.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5287 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>You are simply a nut.
You literally can not handle being gay!
The only reason this comes up in the gayser forum is because of the search engine and the word "gay".
I don't understand how it is only self-avowed "christian" posters who have such a hard time with the fact that they are posting in multiple forums at once. Why is this concept so difficult for you guys?

Really, this is a non-issue. We're talking about the structure of the chat site.

Different threads appear in different forums at once.

There is a little counter that shows how many people are in a particular forum at a given time.

You are counted among the gay/lesbian forum because you are posting on this thread which appears in that forum, among others.

It's like you have this bizarre need to take ownership of the thread.

If you can't even get past that, how do you expect to debate serious topics?

Group therapy is in order for you people. Side note: you're all extremely immature. Maybe we're onto some kind of disorder here: people obsessed with homosexuality who are clinging to fundamentalist christianity as if they are desperately hiding something...

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5288 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Oh the profanity of you gays. If that was your point then you are dumber than we thought.
Try this yungun, since at best 3% 1-3% of people are gay, that means that 97-99% of the population is not, then either there are very few homophobes or it is simply gay hate. Since 81% of Americans are religious and also see homosexuality as a sin, then indeed there is no homophobia issue but a self hating gay issues among gays in the LGBT community.
Also, Dr. Simon LeVay did his study about the gay gene on gay men with AIDS, so I guess that means that all gay men have AIDS.. Hamer also did his gay brain study on gay men who died of AIDS, so unless you are dying of AIDS then you chose to be gay.
Simply put, every Friday and Saturday night you see your mental illness in bars and street corners, and you display it in gay parades.
Your gay self hatred is evidenced.
I'm going to take this as a good sign.

I've been chatting on discussion forums like this (and the old CNN boards) for well over a dozen years.

If this is the caliber of anti-gay posters we have left, we have won. These are just the craziest of the cray-cray. It's stunning reading some of these posts - no coherent train of thought, not even an attempt at credible proof, just rambling and total nonsense.

I think these posts speak for themselves without even any reply necessary. They make our points for us (sometimes overtly!)

If I had to evaluate the enemy - there's nothing to fear.

Enjoy irrelevance as the world moves forward all around you!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5289 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>For the obtuse gays who have no brain or clue, Troth posted this in the Christian forum and his focus was an attack on churches and a taunt that they reap what they sow.
Would you like to make this a gay issue about gays reaping what they sow as in suicides, AIDS, drug over doses and child abuse?
(Note: I'm not even replying to these anymore - I'm just reposting them because they work beautifully for our side! Read what this clueless wackadoo wrote - please!)

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5290 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Good. Why should the truth insult you and why would you defend yourself?

Since you have this need to defend your AIDS it is clear that you must have it.

Since 80% of AIDS cases are gays and MSM anal sex leads the other methods 4 to 1, perhaps the lack of condom use is the cause.
You are trying to argue that fire causes hands to burn, when in fact the hand only got burnt when the person put their hand in the fire.

Colds are caused by a virus, but sending children to school with colds, touching water fountains behind those with colds and generally not protecting yourself is what causes it to spread.
HOMOSEXUALITY IS LIKE CRACK COCAINE, BOTH CAUSE DESTRUCTION AND BOTH ARE FILLED WITH DENIAL.
Reposted for emphasis.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5291 Feb 11, 2013
Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you realize that if the cut&paste proved that I lied, then it would not be silly.

Honestly, if you can't defend your gayness better than this then you out to just give up.

Bem’s theory suggests that a child’s experience of being “different” from peers of the same gender leads to a reaction of physical arousal, which then later in life becomes translated into sexual arousal—a process he calls ‘sexual imprinting.’ Bem mentions the illustration of a “gender-nonconforming boy who is taunted by other boys. At first this produces strong negative arousal, but with repeated encounters over time, the fear and anger habituate and the opponent process becomes the conditioned, dominant affect. He thus emerges into late childhood or adolescence experiencing positive affective arousal to males, an arousal ready to be eroticized.”

OUCH. OUCH OUCH.
Reposted for emphasis.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#5292 Feb 11, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear I am very proud of being married 6 times and I would agree my first 5 husbands had the means to be on the Titanic in first class.
Reposting for emphasis.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5293 Feb 11, 2013
Fitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a fool who has a kneejerk reaction to every post...
You try and claim that gay couplee as mongomous as straight when everybody knows its not even close..
Then you..."they say their just as happy & therelationships last longer!!" -(so what...who cares, that was not my point)
Or (even better) Thats not a "representative sample"!!(so what?? Who needs one, only a fool would compare aples and oranges and expect them to be the same)
Damn you guys are so easily vexed because you make such ridiculous claims to begin with.
Hi Darling, gotta call you on this....what I can extrapolate from the data is that among the couples followed were that half of those had open relationship as per agreement. What I don't know is how many documented couples are there in the bay area that this subset proportionally represents? What age group? Given the unique history of the Bay area, would that be a factor in couples function: would this be as true in Capitol Hill in Seattle for instance? Midwest? South? If we did this study ten year from now would it be as true? It's really sloppy in what it does not factor in, and so in all honesty all I can get out of it is the particular arrangement of a particular set of people in a paticular place, not a general consensus of all similar people. Outside of that I question the relevance: is the conclusion therefore that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed? Why? What does a marriage "look" like? What should be the consequence to marriages that fail to live up to that particular criteria? If you aren't willing to set a standard and impose consequences on straight marriages that fail that standard, it seems a little disengenuous to exclude gay couples from marriage by that criteria. Many straight couples are monogamous, I don't need anyone other than my partner. Many stright couples are not, by mutual consent. I can't live your life, I'm not you, I am not the judge of what works best for you. I only know that people marry for various and sundry reasons, people conduct their marriages in a varity of ways, that marriage is for US and not a tool of government acting as overlords or church to use for or against us-as should be government itself, by the way. Okay, Mama's done here, I have lots to do, this isn't very important in the larger scheme of things

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5294 Feb 11, 2013
..."I don't need anyone other than my partner": hope you understand I'm speaking as a lesbian-okay sloppy writng sue me

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

#5296 Feb 11, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>Can you keep a straight face while doing it?
No problem, compadre, and yes, I did get tapped for the first reading. I went in cold, too. Usually I review the readings in English and Spanish just so I know what's going on whether I read or not but I wasted too much time goofing off in the forum and did neither.

I'm sure there are fundie Catholics but I'm not one and neither is Padre so there is no conflict there and the rest can interpret those stories to the best of their ability and God bless them.

I just followed Paul's advice. He said when you give testimony do not worry about what you will say because the Holy Spirit will put the words in you; (This, by the way, is a big clue to everything the fundies don't know about born of the Spirit); so that's what I did and I think things turned out alright. Only God knows.

Bóveda, that's Spanish for firmament, and as far as I can tell means everything: space and all the stuff that's in it.

God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
judgment coming to america 4 min susanblange 101
3 parts 1 hr misbehaved 3
Exposing Joyce Meyer Ministries (Sep '07) 2 hr dgarcia 1,522
KEY LA's LUNCHES 3 hr Neo Neo Neo 4
Israel is anti christ, literally 4 hr WASTE OF TIME 88
is it me or who else can see demons and angels ? (Nov '11) 4 hr adelaide 393
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 4 hr adelaide 39
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 4 hr adelaide 1,521
More from around the web