Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 217)

Showing posts 4,321 - 4,340 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“God WANTS you to Evolve!”

Since: May 08

Northern Colorado

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

I am in favor of pitting church vs. church.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

NDanger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard to believe...:-P
It's not that hard to believe. I used to hook up with a friend to go to church, but sat in the parking lot and smoked pot. At least I could tell Mom I went to church.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Do you think God is going to allow unrepentant homosexuals into a Holy Heaven? Sure that's what Satan tells you.........he just wants to drag as many people with him to Hell.
Should I start linking to the real homosexuality? You know, the disgusting homosexuals meeting multiple partners in bathroom stalls and public parks committing lewd and indecent acts. The newspapers are filled with arrests of this sort all across the nation. It is a perverted disease infested lifestyle.
Since your God doesn't exist this is kind of a pointless question isn't it.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to spell BIBLE.......oh that's right, you have to copy from other unbelievers. You have no originality.......you just believe whatever some brain damaged heathen tells you to.
Who cares? The Bible is crap.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Sh1tbird wrote:
I am in favor of pitting church vs. church.
Satan's churches have always been against REAL Christian churches...... and it'll continue to increase and wax worse as the falling away continues. This Satanic New Age fake Christian church only wants "feel good, do as you please, all sin is ok, don't judge me" preaching from behind the pulpits.

Apostle Paul wrote about this very thing in his 2nd letter to Pastor Timothy.

2 Timothy 4:3-4
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

John from Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that hard to believe. I used to hook up with a friend to go to church, but sat in the parking lot and smoked pot. At least I could tell Mom I went to church.
Drug abuse is funny? Mocking your parents is funny? Mocking Christianity is funny?

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Do you think God is going to allow unrepentant homosexuals into a Holy Heaven? Sure that's what Satan tells you.........he just wants to drag as many people with him to Hell.
Should I start linking to the real homosexuality? You know, the disgusting homosexuals meeting multiple partners in bathroom stalls and public parks committing lewd and indecent acts. The newspapers are filled with arrests of this sort all across the nation. It is a perverted disease infested lifestyle.
Did you notice how your response had absolutelty nothing to do with the original post?

That's what we call a cop out.

You can link all you want. I can link to straight women blowing guys in bathroom stalls every Friday and Saturday night in every city.

Some whore was doing an Alanis Morrisette impersonation on her boyfriend when my husband and I went to a midday matinee at the mall movie theater. Disgusting.

Now here's the original post you never disputed, back to haunt you:

"That was improper use of the word "anymore."
No, it is not his job to interpret anything, since he has no standing to show he has the proper understanding of it. He has done nothing to qualify himself to mess with other peoples' souls, and he (or anyone who tries to do what he is doing) can cause harm to other people by telling them the wrong thing.
Would you want a lawyer who never passed the bar? Or is any random person good enough to keep you out of jail?
Next."

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your God doesn't exist this is kind of a pointless question isn't it.
The fundie imagination is running wild with their Satan hallucinations..........LOL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice how your response had absolutelty nothing to do with the original post?
That's what we call a cop out.
You can link all you want. I can link to straight women blowing guys in bathroom stalls every Friday and Saturday night in every city.
Some whore was doing an Alanis Morrisette impersonation on her boyfriend when my husband and I went to a midday matinee at the mall movie theater. Disgusting.
Now here's the original post you never disputed, back to haunt you:
"That was improper use of the word "anymore."
No, it is not his job to interpret anything, since he has no standing to show he has the proper understanding of it. He has done nothing to qualify himself to mess with other peoples' souls, and he (or anyone who tries to do what he is doing) can cause harm to other people by telling them the wrong thing.
Would you want a lawyer who never passed the bar? Or is any random person good enough to keep you out of jail?
Next."
Sure it did. Sinners mock our Word of God because you want to continue to live your filthy perverted lifestyles. The Word of God convicts you of your sins, thus you mock it and God's messengers who share it with you.

Every born again Christian, not only has authority to share, but is commanded by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel to every creature. Only a complete idiot would say otherwise.

You don't understand the Holy Bible because you are blinded by Satan. You want to continue living life "your way" instead of God's way.

“It's all in your head”

Since: Dec 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug abuse is funny? Mocking your parents is funny? Mocking Christianity is funny?
No,
No,
and No.
Please don't tell my Mom.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Minister of Trust wrote:
<quoted text>Since homosexuality does not exist, but is a schizophrenic exercise in delusion, your response is pointless isn't it.
I'm not sure what you are actually a minister of but facts are facts:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14146-g...

Sexual orientation is determined biologically! It is not a conscious deliberate choice any more than it is to be heterosexual. This scientific finding is in addition to what homosexual people have been saying for centuries.

To condemn an innocent minority that were born with a different sexual orientation to protect your religious belief system should have you questioning your belief system instead of hatefully attacking GOD'S creation.

Do you attack map makers for creating world globes for school children?

Do you attack Doctors for treating epilepsy instead of burning epileptics alive as demon possessed?

Probably not, but you do attack science for proving that your homophobic ideas have no basis in reality.

What ever it is that you are a minister of it most certainly is not Christianity.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to spell BIBLE.......oh that's right, you have to copy from other unbelievers. You have no originality.......you just believe whatever some brain damaged heathen tells you to.
And that's another cop out - two in a row! You can't answer the point, so you go off on a tangent and call names.

Here's the original post you ignored, which makes a significant point:

"LMFAO@you.... did you just try to say the Buybull is true because the Buybull says so? Not very bright, are you?"

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it did. Sinners mock our Word of God because you want to continue to live your filthy perverted lifestyles. The Word of God convicts you of your sins, thus you mock it and God's messengers who share it with you.
Every born again Christian, not only has authority to share, but is commanded by Jesus Christ to preach the gospel to every creature. Only a complete idiot would say otherwise.
You don't understand the Holy Bible because you are blinded by Satan. You want to continue living life "your way" instead of God's way.
You still don't seem to get it, so I'll have to post it a third time.

For the stupid, I'll have to clarify the obvious: the point in contention is whether you should simply make people aware of Jesus who have not heard of Him, or whether you should INTERPRET your version of a bible for them.

My assertion is that you are not qualified to INTERPRET it for them. You are not an expert. You can read it to them out loud if they want you to do so, but you are not to tell them what YOU THINK it means, because you are nobody and you could be wrong. That would be totally irresponsible.

You've avoided that twice now.

"No, it is not his job to interpret anything, since he has no standing to show he has the proper understanding of it. He has done nothing to qualify himself to mess with other peoples' souls, and he (or anyone who tries to do what he is doing) can cause harm to other people by telling them the wrong thing.
Would you want a lawyer who never passed the bar? Or is any random person good enough to keep you out of jail?"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's another cop out - two in a row! You can't answer the point, so you go off on a tangent and call names.
Here's the original post you ignored, which makes a significant point:
"LMFAO@you.... did you just try to say the Buybull is true because the Buybull says so? Not very bright, are you?"
He/she/it can't even spell bible correctly.... so then how am I going to respond in a manner of which it will understand?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it safe to assume you're going to ignore your rotten lie like it never happened? I'm glad I'm not the one who will have to live with it. And die with it, come to think of it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't seem to get it, so I'll have to post it a third time.
For the stupid, I'll have to clarify the obvious: the point in contention is whether you should simply make people aware of Jesus who have not heard of Him, or whether you should INTERPRET your version of a bible for them.
My assertion is that you are not qualified to INTERPRET it for them. You are not an expert. You can read it to them out loud if they want you to do so, but you are not to tell them what YOU THINK it means, because you are nobody and you could be wrong. That would be totally irresponsible.
You've avoided that twice now.
"No, it is not his job to interpret anything, since he has no standing to show he has the proper understanding of it. He has done nothing to qualify himself to mess with other peoples' souls, and he (or anyone who tries to do what he is doing) can cause harm to other people by telling them the wrong thing.
Would you want a lawyer who never passed the bar? Or is any random person good enough to keep you out of jail?"
A non-Christian who mocks the Word of God and doesn't even understand the simplest basic milk of the bible has NO say in who is qualified to share it.

Therefore, your opinion means NOTHING to me!

REAL Christians are born again into the family of God, we are the children of God, we have the Holy Spirit of God living inside of us..........REAL CHRISTIANS HAVE AUTHORITY TO SHARE THE GOSPEL!

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Saint Pete to Romans:

Sorry Romy, you did the best you could with what little you had to work with but you slandered Dolly and didn't beg forgiveness so you'll be boarding the goat bus to you know where. Check with Charon for your seat assignment.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA . Where Those Who Now Run the U.S. Government Came From and Where They Are Taking Us . By Wayne Madsen . Part I
www.insider-magazine.com/christianmafia.htm - Cached

Christian mafia: the Family at C Street - Portland ...
Washington D.C. is home to the self-styled Christian mafia, a secretive Christian fundamentalist organization with deep ties to power elites in the US and ...
www.examiner.com/article/christian-mafia-the-... ...- Cached
More results from examiner.com »
Expose: The Christian Mafia PART I I by Wayne Madsen
This Expose’ was a previous post on: Insider Magazine . Visit the author’s website: Wayne Madsen ...
www.exminister.org/Madsen-Christian-mafia-sec... - Cached

The Family:'Christian Mafia' rules US?- YouTube
A group known as the Christian mafia is the oldest and arguably the most powerful and influential religious rights organization in the United States, says ...
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached.Play Video.
More results from youtube.com »
Inside the “Christian Mafia”| Harper's Magazine
They proudly call themselves the “Christian Mafia.” With the political careers of two high-profile members, Mark Sanford and John Ensign, now in meltdown, a ...
harpers.org/blog/2009/07/inside-the-christian... - Cached

The Fellowship (Christian organization)- Wikipedia, the free ...
The Fellowship, also known as the Family, is a U.S.-based religious and political organization founded in 1935 by Abraham Vereide. The stated purpose of the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_ (Christian...- Cached
More results from en.wikipedia.org »
THE CHRISTIAN MAFIA - WITH TIES TO INTELLIGENCE, MILITARY AND ...
http://www.unhealthyearth.com/2012/07 ...... LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU THINK MY VIDEOS SHOW POLICE HARASSMENT, GANG STALKING OR MIND CONTROL. READ COLIN ...
www.youtube.com/watch... - Cached.Play Video.

EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA, By Wayne Madsen (LONG ...
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA Where Those Who Now Run the U.S. Government Came From and Where They Are Taking Us By Wayne Madsen Part I A fter several months of ...
www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard... ...- Cached

Conspiracy Planet - Phony Religion - The Fellowship ...
The Fellowship:'Christian' Mafia Conspiracy (2)(continued) by WAYNE MADSEN. They could be forgiven for their transgressions because they had submitted to God (the ...
www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm... ;...- Cached
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me? The only one around here who is brain dead is YOU. You have no proof, no evidence for ANYTHING you believe. You only believe it because some uneducated hillbilly told you to.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it safe to assume you're going to ignore your rotten lie like it never happened? I'm glad I'm not the one who will have to live with it. And die with it, come to think of it.
What lie? Provide a link to your church......if you don't want to do it on the public forum then do it privately through Topix mail. I won't share or post it publicly.

I don't believe you go to mass every time you say that you are.......since I see you posting in other threads.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 4,321 - 4,340 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 1 hr River Tam 7,411
God calling His Son "God", Creator and to be wo... 2 hr Flygerian 130
9/11 was an inside job 2 hr Flygerian 68
Music Calms The Savage Beast 3 hr Gary Coaldigger 103
The Law HYPOCRITES 3 hr Flygerian 598
The King James Bible Still Remains 3 hr Cisco Kid 575
At what point during a job interview... 4 hr Cisco Kid 83
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 4 hr buck 928
•••