Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16101 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#4251 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
People love their pets too. Why not allow man-dog marriage
ask laci.. she's has one!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4252 Feb 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should polygamy be prohibited?
Why should marriages between the elderly, or the infirmed, or the infertile, or those who refuse to procreate be prohibited?
Where is the requirement of procreation mentioned in any of the marriage laws throughout the country?
If same sex marriage becomes the law of the land then polygamy cannot be denied either.
Marriages between the elderly, or the infirmed, or the infertile, or those who refuse to procreate should not be prohibited because they still represent traditional marriage. Same sex does not. Its a perversion of marriage.
Don't know of any requirement of procreation mentioned in any of the marriage laws throughout the country.

Do you think it would be a good thing if 99% of heterosexuals who get married did not have children?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4253 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
And repetitive fools at that. Next up will be the.... "bible says the earth is a flat circle" posts again.
How anyone can turn the great friendship story of David and Jonathan into some perverted gay sex act is beyond comprehensible!
Only a fool can do that.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#4254 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
People love their pets too. Why not allow man-dog marriage or woman-dog or man-cat or woman-cat..........hey Fido loves me and I love him.
That's why the scriptures are clear that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN.
The Buy-bull is crap. We should not make our laws based on it. You talk about getting married to animals because you don't have an argument against gay marriage.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#4255 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
We got the time to see if group marriage, inter-family marriage and polygamy will become a reality some day. When we have a country of leaders that are willing and able to change the definition of marriage to accommodate homosexuals in their goal of "marriage" then anything is possible. We already know this is possible.
Its the "mentally incompetent" that are promoting same sex marriage. They have already succeeded in legalizing murder via abortions so their is no reason to think they will stop here.
Same sex marriage has been legal here for over a decade. And no one's insisted they allow people to marry their toasters, you can relax.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4256 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
People love their pets too. Why not allow man-dog marriage or woman-dog or man-cat or woman-cat..........hey Fido loves me and I love him.
That is a good point I had not thought of. John Lennon would have loved to live in today's culture. All you need is love...Maybe this is where they are getting their ideas from.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4257 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the fetus human?
Do you like your chicken had-boiled, poached, sunny, over-easy or scrambled?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4258 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.
YOU just did! LMAO!

Hypocrite! Gawd when you're pissed you F up all the time! You suffer so badly with hoof in mouth disease you should just quit breathing.

Panorama City, CA

#4259 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
And repetitive fools at that. Next up will be the.... "bible says the earth is a flat circle" posts again.
How anyone can turn the great friendship story of David and Jonathan into some perverted gay sex act is beyond comprehensible!
No need to say flat circle, a circle is, by definition, flat. And the fact the buy-bull indicates the earth is flat is one of the ways we know it's full of nonsense.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4260 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
Great minds think alike. Snicker. Unless Lassie is 18 years of age, you will need at least the written consent of both of her legal parents and depending on how young Lassie actually is and the state where you live, approval of the Courts. If you get that far, Lassie will have to be able to sign the license and provide affirmation during a ceremony of some sort. Your concept for the day is legal consent, moron.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4261 Feb 7, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry buttercup, it really doesn't matter if they should be allowed to marry or not, the state has a compelling interest in maintaining marriage as the establishment of a kinship where one does not already exist. Brothers and sisters, who already have a legal kinship have no right to the preferential one established by marriage. Since you can't beat strict scrutiny, there will never be a legal right to incestuous marriage, whether there should be or not. You and your sister will have to be content to shacking up in the eyes of the state, sorry.
You are wrong. Once marriage is redefined to accommodate one group it can easily be redefined again to include brother-sister marriages.
This is why a person who supports same sex marriage cannot make a case against other kinds of marriages. Once a law or principle is no longer considered fixed it can easily be manipulated by the powers that be.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4262 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this out and tell me that homosexual sex is healthy:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/2012...
Those are problems among the disaffected innercity poor. They aren't getting the message about safer sex.

Panorama City, CA

#4263 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If same sex marriage becomes the law of the land then polygamy cannot be denied either.
Marriages between the elderly, or the infirmed, or the infertile, or those who refuse to procreate should not be prohibited because they still represent traditional marriage. Same sex does not. Its a perversion of marriage.
Don't know of any requirement of procreation mentioned in any of the marriage laws throughout the country.
Do you think it would be a good thing if 99% of heterosexuals who get married did not have children?
A stupid question. Gay marriages won't figure into a straight couple's decision to have kids, or not...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4264 Feb 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it connected to her body? It is either part of her body or, in the most clinical of terms, a parasite.
At one time in your existence you were a parasite. What makes you think you are not one now?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4265 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
!
You're losing this argument over what is clearly printed in the bible very badly!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4266 Feb 7, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex marriage has been legal here for over a decade. And no one's insisted they allow people to marry their toasters, you can relax.
Its just starting. As society evolves over the decades and centuries anything can happen.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4267 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem!
The CDC makes a solid case for gay marriage:
++++++++++
"Only have sex (i.e., anal, vaginal or oral) if youÂ’re in a
mutually monogamous relationship with a partner you
know is not infected"
++++++++++
And the CDC also breaks out with this safe practice tip:
++++++++++
"Use a condom every time you have anal, vaginal or oral sex"
sex"
++++++++++
Rock on; CDC! ;o))
Right. "Safe sex". Millions and millions of people have diseases and have killed their young in the name of "safe sex".
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4268 Feb 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
A stupid question. Gay marriages won't figure into a straight couple's decision to have kids, or not...
I agree. I asked if it would be a good thing if 99% of heterosexual married couples did not have babies.

Doesn't society have vested interest in having heterosexual couples to have babies?

So why should we support relationships that cannot procreate?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#4269 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
At one time in your existence you were a parasite. What makes you think you are not one now?
and what makes YOU think YOU are not?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4270 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
You don't understand that people can change in front of each other without breaking out in a perverted sex act?
Two naked men laying face down on the ground in the desert kissing and spilling seed and shedding tears of joy; while Samuel hides and watches behind the Rock to the North; carving Bible verses on a stone tablet......is a bit more than changing fig leaves; sweetheart
If two men did that in today's world; they would be arrested
Here it is again; in plain Olde English:(u and v are swapped)
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scientific Proof Of GOD(for dummies) 10 min Big Al 2,486
Corn is from the Americas Why is it in the Bible? (May '08) 41 min Barnsweb 41
News Religion, higher education and critical thinking (Aug '15) 43 min messianic114 9,574
BIBLE QUESTIONS to KAB 45 min janeebee 103
A God Who Disagrees With The Data 53 min messianic114 484
Am I praying amiss or asking for things against... 54 min Barnsweb 2
UNDER the LAW or NOT?? 1 hr Barnsweb 123
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 hr janeebee 20,566
More from around the web