Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16097 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4207 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same thing over and over?
NORMAL people can change in front of someone without thinking it's sex act. David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.
Are you uncomfortable with all weddings in general? or just gay weddings?
You indicated that you haven't read it; so I posted it for your benefit; and for the benefit of the other 150 people who are currently visiting the TOPIX Gay/Lesbian Chat Room
It is our duty to extend our welcome and hospitality to our visitors
or have you not heard?

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

#4208 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
NORMAL people can change in front of someone without thinking it's sex act. David and Jonathan were close friends, like brothers. Only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would read more into those verses than what is written.
And 2 people of the same gender can marry each other out of true love and only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would turn it into something evil.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#4209 Feb 7, 2013
Still no re-appearance of "Banned Again Christian"?

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4212 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you uncomfortable with all weddings in general? or just gay weddings?
You indicated that you haven't read it; so I posted it for your benefit; and for the benefit of the other 150 people who are currently visiting the TOPIX Gay/Lesbian Chat Room
It is our duty to extend our welcome and hospitality to our visitors
or have you not heard?
I read those verses the first time they were posted. The scriptures you quoted show they were close like brothers. Only a complete sexual deviant would read more into those straightforward verses that are clearly about their friendship.

Do you think I don't understand the original 1611 KJV? It reads beautifully.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#4213 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
But in that David/Johnathan thing, they weren't changing in front of each other. Johnathan was stripping for David. Have you even been alone with a man, stripped in front of him, and then handed him all your clothes and undies? That's what happened.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4214 Feb 7, 2013
Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>a fetus is not a baby.
Is the fetus human?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#4215 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are going to ban something because it's harmful to people like incest then we should ban homosexual sex practices also. It's a proven medical fact many homosexuals are sick and dying. Just look it up at the Center for Diease Control.
Incest is harmful to people beyond the participants. Homosexuality is not. Just like anal sex in general is not, which is why we can't and don't ban heterosexual couples who have anal sex from marrying (though you think we should).
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4216 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I read those verses the first time they were posted. The scriptures you quoted show they were close like brothers. Only a complete sexual deviant would read more into those straightforward verses that are clearly about their friendship.
Do you think I don't understand the original 1611 KJV? It reads beautifully.
Forgetting everything you know every day is a symptom of autism
So I'll make sure I post it for you every day so your life will be fulfilled

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#4217 Feb 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Incest is harmful to people beyond the participants. Homosexuality is not. Just like anal sex in general is not, which is why we can't and don't ban heterosexual couples who have anal sex from marrying (though you think we should).
I support anal sex because I'm a born again Christian Slater
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4218 Feb 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this out and tell me that homosexual sex is healthy:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/2012...

Panorama City, CA

#4219 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the fetus human?
Is it inside the woman's body, living off of her system? If it is, it should be her choice, zygote, fetus, human, baby...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4221 Feb 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it inside the woman's body, living off of her system? If it is, it should be her choice, zygote, fetus, human, baby...
If the fetus is a male and is a different blood type is it still part of her body?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4222 Feb 7, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I most certainly 'do' hope Jonathan and David were friends!
They would not have married each other if they were enemies
A marriage is a consecrated friendship
Gay people have been following the Biblical example of Jonathan and David's marriage for thousands of years
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026739...
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4223 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people have been following the Biblical example of Jonathan and David's marriage for thousands of years
What a piece of junk.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4224 Feb 7, 2013
victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And 2 people of the same gender can marry each other out of true love and only a complete disgusting filthy pervert would turn it into something evil.
Ok. Then you should have no problem with an adult brother and sister marrying either or a group marriage. If all you need is love then all things are permitted.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4225 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. Then you should have no problem with an adult brother and sister marrying either or a group marriage. If all you need is love then all things are permitted.
Marriage establishes legal kinship
Brother and sister are already legally kin; so marriage is redundant

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#4226 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
David and Jonathan were not married, nor were they anything more than close friends. They were like brothers.

You don't understand that people can be close friends (like David and Jonathan were) without committing perverted sex acts?

You don't understand that people can change in front of each other without breaking out in a perverted sex act?

Panorama City, CA

#4227 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If the fetus is a male and is a different blood type is it still part of her body?
Didn't say anything about the fetus being part of her body. Try actually reading a post before you respond to it.

“Maiden of Mayhem”

OMFUG

#4228 Feb 7, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the brother and sister plan on reproducing? That could be problematic. Incestuous marriage is already legal in many places, however some only allow it if they couple cannot reproduce, for reasons I'm sure I don't have explain.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#4229 Feb 7, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage establishes legal kinship
Brother and sister are already legally kin; so marriage is redundant
If we are going to change the definition which same sex marriage requires we can accommodate siblings and group marriages quite easily. If love is enough to justify same sex marriage then we must offer it to all kinds of situations where love is present. Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ALL of YOU are CHILDREN of THE DEVIL. 7 min Frindly 33
OPEN DEBATING FORUM.."The False Teachings of Ro... (Oct '11) 7 min Frindly 2,186
>>>>>>>>>>>> ASK the PROPHET <<<<<<<<<<<< (Nov '13) 7 min Frindly 66
Prayer is WORTHLESS, and I can prove it (Dec '08) 9 min Frindly 2,737
News Majority of women in prison have been victims o... 20 min Frindly 56
DID DOLLARSBILL HAVE a STROKE and DIE? 46 min Taranis 131
The end times started when Jesus walked this ea... 2 hr dollarsbill 133
More from around the web