Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 173)

Showing posts 3,441 - 3,460 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Good Morning Friends! Hope today is as bright as the sun for you.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!
what a load of manure!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
1) God has preserved His Word.
2) Homosexuals only want to marry to mock the institute of marriage. You hate God's Word because it convicts you of your sins....
3) God's established marriage (MAN and WOMAN) is the only one that is valid and legit
4) God blesses Godly nations and curses evil nations
1. God has not preserved His Word and that is very easily proven. How many versions of "the" bible are there? If He preserved His Word, there could only be one.

You wish He preserved it, but He didn't.

He could have preserved it, but He didn't. That should tell you something.

2. Since I am married, I can tell you nowhere in my thinking was, "I think I'll spend $10,000 and get all my family and friends to fly in from wherever they may be, and recite vows before God to bring people to tears...just to mock marriage." Quite the opposite.

You have real live gay people in this forum. You can stop making things up and start asking questions. When you ask honest questions respectfully, you'll get honest answers. That's how you learn - not by reading biased crap on gay-hate sites.

3. Marriage was established long before Christianity.

4. Inequality does not make this a more "godly" nation.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Look idiot......Tony is married to a man.....BOTH are husband's.......why? Because a man who is LEGALLY married is referred to as a HUSBAND regardless of the gender of their spouse.
My wife and I are LEGALLY married women.......a married woman is call a WIFE, therefore I am Mrs-Whitewater's wife and she is mine!!!!
You'd think you could have figured this out!!!
ta-da! It's simple except for the mentally challenged.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!
It's funny - I see you as a member of the False Church - on your way to eternal damnation. Yet I am not compelled to intervene.

God has a plan for you just as He has for me. If His plan is to open your eyes in the year 2025, then nothing I can say to you today will change that. To think otherwise would be arrogance on my part.

And if He were to use me as a conduit to get to you come 2025, I would not know it until after it happened.

True witnessing is simply living by example.

You do not speak as godly men speak. You do not radiate the Holy Spirit. You practice idolatry with man-made bibles and think yourself righteous - yet you completely miss the bigger picture.

God didn't leave us with a complete rulebook because He wants us to figure it out for ourselves. Try less obnoxious and more prayer.

Fort Lauderdale FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
Does anyone ever feel like we are beating a dead horse?
That's why eventually I have to write individuals off as a lost cause and stop responding to them.

If they don't "get it" after I've posted the same clear refutation for the tenth time, they're not going to get it anytime soon. So to save myself the frustration, I stop responding to them and stop reading their posts altogether.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You unbelievers have no power or authority over us Christians. I'm in my Father's hand and NO ONE is able to pluck me from it. My Shepherd Jesus laid down His life for my sins, I was purchased with His sinless blood.
I want nothing to do with the god of this world, Satan.
"I will cling to the old rugged cross,
and exchange it some day for a crown."
Well, one power that us unbelievers in your hate based religion DO HAVE that we did not have at one time is to point out that you are not Christian, but rather a worshiper of Mithra the god-man of the Roman Warriors, and your god of evil, Satan, is imaginary.

And one power you don't have and never did is the power to speak for GOD in cursing people to an imaginary hell because they don't fit your interpretation of a book that is the foundation of over 32000 hate based sects like yours that all call themselves Christian while ignoring the validity of scientific studies that show people are born with the sexual orientations they possess.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that I "support taking children away from single-parent households and giving them to married heterosexual couples"?
Give the post #
You said in cases of abandonment and divorce, you don't support it. Therefore, in any other case, you DO support it. Did you seriously not think of the logical ramifications of what you were saying? Rhetorical.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're following a fallen angel, Satan. The Devil has already been sentenced to eternal Hell (he isn't there yet though), so he wants to deceive and drag as many fools that he can along with him.
God and His Christians have already won..........we are just trying to win more over to the winning side. Quit being deceived by the Devil!
Why is Satan not in Hell? Because God chooses for Satan to be on Earth. If this were not the case, Satan would be in Hell. Unless, that is, Satan is equal or greater in power than God. But, that certainly couldn't be. So, your God wants us to be exposed to the greatest evil he ever created.

Would you knowingly leave your child in the custody a charismatic psychopath who is bent on making people do horrible things? Or, do you think doing something like that would, in itself, be a horrible thing? Your God does EXACTLY THAT, according to you. Why would it be a horrible thing for you to do with your child, but not for him to do with us?

Cue the "mysterious" and "ultimate moral authority" bullshit.

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You said in cases of abandonment and divorce, you don't support it. Therefore, in any other case, you DO support it. Did you seriously not think of the logical ramifications of what you were saying? Rhetorical.
ROFLMAO, a fundie thinking!!!!!!

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why eventually I have to write individuals off as a lost cause and stop responding to them.
If they don't "get it" after I've posted the same clear refutation for the tenth time, they're not going to get it anytime soon. So to save myself the frustration, I stop responding to them and stop reading their posts altogether.
Hi Tony, love your posts. Here is the Bailiwick, you cant fix stupid.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
(flying tackle huggles)
Thank you for proving me right! ;^)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you brother.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Jazybird58 wrote:
<quoted text>My membership card expired from Local 69 of the East LA Branch.
Well, send in your membership fee and your renewal will be granted:-)

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
ta-da! It's simple except for the mentally challenged.
It really is just that simple.......but they don't get it and like jazybird said, ya can't fix stupid!!!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What other cases would there be besides abandonment and divorce?
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? What planet do you live on? In some places they are denied the right to live.
Is this true in the USA?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What other cases would there be besides abandonment and divorce?
Single women are allowed to be artificially inseminated and have children without a spouse involved. That is neither abandonment nor divorce. Should such women be allowed to keep their children? What about single people who adopt? Should they be allowed to adopt children? Should they children adopted by single people be taken away and given to married heterosexual couples?

And, just to be clear: you support banning absolutely everybody from marrying unless they are able and willing to procreate.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is it any of your concern who's going where in some fantasy realm of yours, which doesn't impact what happens to you?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no reason to take a chill pill......it is you that can't truly explain yourself or what you meant and kept changing the parameters of the discussion!!!
This guy is really nuts. He will take something you say and twist it to mean something else and than call you a liar for saying what he insisted you said that you did not!

He claims to be an ex-mormon but has been on topix for at least four years defending the Mormon church.

He always insists he is right and will reinterpret what you say to make it so!

Show him an article supporting the guilt of Brigham Young in orchestrating the Mountain Meadows Massacre and he goes absolutely ballistic!

Most of the time I don't even read his hateful posts anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,441 - 3,460 of16,105
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••