Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
3,421 - 3,440 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's happening today in the United States, please provide that information.......I don't care about Russia, Africa or some native tribe in the Rain forest!!!
You said COMMUNITIES.......they are not the same as WEALTHY FAMILIES.......and this is what I'm trying to get at, but you keep changing the situation!!!
Again, you are EXPLAINING FAMILIES, but you started out with COMMUNITIES......they are NOT the same!!!
Man are you tense! lol Take a chill pill.
The program is called Habitat for Humanity but it isn't HUD sponsored. You apply. If accepted, you have to prove you have reliable work and for a couple years in your community, you are required to help other applicants build their homes. Volunteers from the community come and help build these homes. This program exists in all 50 states. So yes even in our modern age, people of a community do help others to build their home.
Quakers build a new house for newly weds. Quakers build buildings that all share together, like a central kitchen and dinning hall, barns, etc.
Homes have been built in various ways. The primary ways were first communities and isolated areas where several families might live a few miles apart. They would gather to help each other build a new barn or home etc. Than as towns and cities evolved someone began to build homes and apartments for people to buy or rent. Than you have always had the industrious person with saved $ who would build their own home with or without help.
What is your issue with this any way?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that's not what you said. Sorry.
Prove it.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are wife? Think about it: a wife is a man. Got it.
Look idiot......Tony is married to a man.....BOTH are husband's.......why? Because a man who is LEGALLY married is referred to as a HUSBAND regardless of the gender of their spouse.

My wife and I are LEGALLY married women.......a married woman is call a WIFE, therefore I am Mrs-Whitewater's wife and she is mine!!!!

You'd think you could have figured this out!!!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're following a fallen angel, Satan. The Devil has already been sentenced to eternal Hell (he isn't there yet though), so he wants to deceive and drag as many fools that he can along with him.
God and His Christians have already won..........we are just trying to win more over to the winning side. Quit being deceived by the Devil!
Holy Scripture clearly says to love your neighbor as yourself.
Where does Scripture say anywhere, that you must love your neighbor except if he be Catholic or an atheist or a homosexual?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Man are you tense! lol Take a chill pill.
Sorry, no reason to take a chill pill......it is you that can't truly explain yourself or what you meant and kept changing the parameters of the discussion!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
2) Homosexuals only want to marry to mock the institute of marriage. You hate God's Word because it convicts you of your sins....
How are Gay and Lesbian couples mocking the institution of marriage? I would think folks who marry, divorce, remarry, divorce, remarry again and divorce again would be making a mockery of the institution of marriage more so than committed loving Same-Sex Couples who has been together for over 5, 10, 20 or longer in a monogamous relationship:-)

God isn't going to convict Gays and Lesbians for something He created them to be......however God may convict you for trying to speak FOR Him instead of allowing God to do His job!!!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text> Holy Scripture clearly says to love your neighbor as yourself.
Where does Scripture say anywhere, that you must love your neighbor except if he be Catholic or an atheist or a homosexual?
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I try, and I'm not even gay:
1. They don't breed welfare babies.
2. On a average, they make more money than straight people.
3. They don't join groups/gangs and beat up straight people for being straight.
4. I can trust them not to hit on my wife.
5. They run the fashion industry, showing that as a people, they have creative minds, and have great taste.
6. They are accepting of all except those who openly hate them.
7. They pay a lot of taxes.
8. Jesus loves them.
9. I love them.
10. They return the love.
(flying tackle huggles)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
In your opinion which is better: children born out of wedlock or in a traditional marriage?
YOU certainly don't.

Want to get back to that little list of "bad" things? We can go point by point. It's called analysis (rather than opinionation).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we encourage women to have babies out of wedlock? Is that something society should encourage?
Does anyone, other than teenage boys and their own hormones, in fact do this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Standing up for the God ordained traditional marriage (MAN and WOMAN) isn't being a bigot. In fact, many non-Christians would agree with that.
Children deserve to have their father and mother raising them. Not mom and her lover....or dad and his lover.
operant fallacies: Petitio Principii, Argumentum ad Populum, Argumentum ad Verecundiam,

For a brief list of informal fallacies, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacies_of_def...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my neighbor. I won't be silent when Satan is leading so many to their eternal Damnation in Hell.
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father but by Him!
Piffle.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone ever feel like we are beating a dead horse?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
All the time.......lol!

“Maiden of Mayhem”

Since: May 08

OMFUG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are not being denied any rights. They are not a class or a minority.
Are you kidding me? What planet do you live on? In some places they are denied the right to live.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

victoria1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? What planet do you live on? In some places they are denied the right to live.
You tell him! I'm not gay or bi, but I'm definitely for gay rights. Do you remember when Ratzi said he was going to rid the world of homosexuality? What's he gonna do? Pray it away? LOL

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You're here because it's the only place you can get attention. Most likely, everyone around you is tired of listening to your rantings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson wrote:
"A fanatic is someone who can't change their mind, and won't change the subject." - Winston Churchill

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Sup Jazy? Long time no post. Good to see ya back!
pissin on fundies. How you been?

“Reality bites”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you already one?
My membership card expired from Local 69 of the East LA Branch.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
If Jesus said few would find the "road that lea... 4 min dollarsbill 334
God is not at war with satan. 4 min howstupidareyou 14
Satan in my Dream 5 min howstupidareyou 36
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 5 min dollarsbill 1,709
WHAT GOD SAID to ME TODAY 6 min howstupidareyou 278
God is just 7 min howstupidareyou 88
Stevi Levi's Lair Of Lies 8 min howstupidareyou 5
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 13 min howstupidareyou 1,450
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 17 min Sundog512 11,684