Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,104

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#3695 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
find it ironic that the "Mormon supporting the gay community" chooses to ignore the amicus brief her cult just filed along with the reasons behind it and focus her "sadness on me.
As a member, please explain why ur quorum wants to make their bigotry even more official than it already is..u do realize the "softer stance" website is there to hoodwink sheep like u, right? They are still the same old homophobes they've always been.
my point is....... You don't really give a crap about the gay community. Your problem is with Mormonism and you will use any means necessary to.further your agenda. Why do you have nothing to say to the various members of other faiths here about their unchristian attitudes toward the gay community ? Instead of trying to voice your opinion on the LGBT community you are using the forum to once again talk about Mormonism. Your biggest problem is you can't see people as individuals. You group everyone. Even you knowing how much I love the gay community, you can't look past my faith. It shows how shallow you are.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#3696 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That maybe true. Traditional marriage i.e. man and woman is the best place to raise children. It is the gold standard.
Right......that's why kids end up in foster care systems!!!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3697 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lolol...yeah oh yeah...you just make sure you believe every single word Dana states is solid gold...you'll do much better than you're doing now! lolol.......
you a current moron.er mormon?

either way, you're a hateful bigot. all this time I thought you were a fundie.. now your a moron..er mormon! No wonder I loathe you!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3698 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
That maybe true. Traditional marriage i.e. man and woman is the best place to raise children. It is the gold standard.
C'mon Coward.. callin you on it! You gonna pansy out? what a first rate COWARD!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3699 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it isn't the "Gold standard" or the "God standard". The "God standard" was polygamy.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#3700 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Children without a mom or a dad will always lack because of it. No same sex couple can make up for this lack.
When it comes to Love, whether loving or being loved, gender is utterly irrelevant.
It's not because of being without a mom and dad that children will always lack,.. it's because of not having been loved.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#3701 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the "gold standard". There are many heterosexual fuquedup marriages, that shouldn't have been married in the first place, shouldn't be having children or come in contact with kids. Besides, there are many couples who get married with the full intentions of NOT having children. Your religious reasons for heterosexual marriage fails.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3702 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
50% of all marriages fail.

That's some standard huh?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3703 Feb 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>my point is....... You don't really give a crap about the gay community. Your problem is with Mormonism and you will use any means necessary to.further your agenda. Why do you have nothing to say to the various members of other faiths here about their unchristian attitudes toward the gay community ? Instead of trying to voice your opinion on the LGBT community you are using the forum to once again talk about Mormonism. Your biggest problem is you can't see people as individuals. You group everyone. Even you knowing how much I love the gay community, you can't look past my faith. It shows how shallow you are.
Ur point is a lie. Ur leaders have stepped in it again and somehow you've twisted it in ur head to ignore what they do and say ignorant and baseless lies about me. It shows how shallow u really are. Do u agree with what they've done? Do u know why they did it? How about discussing that instead of continuously attacking me because I brought it up?

“I will not keep calm”

#3704 Feb 5, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll have to wait to hear from her, but if you posted everything the Pope said and directed it at me for comment, I would be annoyed with you.
Thanks Tony, I appreciate that you are open to what others have to say. Nomo and I quite frankly annoy each other often. I was annoyed that with everything said by some of the "christians" and I use the term loosely over the past few days, that she had no rebuttal for them. Instead she post a link about Mormonism. I understand fully that Mormonism as a whole certainly does not fight for the gay community. However that is not my stance and there are others who feel the same as me. I have close family members who are gay, I love them. I fight for them. I do at times take her comments as a personal attack, but there is a reason I do. She does not see people as individuals. Mormons in her eyes are no better than spawns of satan. She throws around things like ms suzy sunshine, or molly. Yes I am Mormon, but I also love and care about the gay community. It tends to piss me off a tad when someone dismisses a person based on religion. In my eyes it makes you no better than the bigots you claim to be fighting against.

“I will not keep calm”

#3705 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ur point is a lie. Ur leaders have stepped in it again and somehow you've twisted it in ur head to ignore what they do and say ignorant and baseless lies about me. It shows how shallow u really are. Do u agree with what they've done? Do u know why they did it? How about discussing that instead of continuously attacking me because I brought it up?
please tell me what I have said about you that is a lie. It was my opinion. Lies are based on facts. I don't need to lie.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#3706 Feb 5, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>you a current moron.er mormon?
either way, you're a hateful bigot. all this time I thought you were a fundie.. now your a moron..er mormon! No wonder I loathe you!
lol.....allow your blow hole to speak it's lunacy some more...lol...please define what I've said as a hateful bigot...lol...fricking funny when all you cast about in here is hate and anger for anyone that you feel a need to hate...fricking hate mongerer...

Location hidden

#3707 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>Ur point is a lie. Ur leaders have stepped in it again and somehow you've twisted it in ur head to ignore what they do and say ignorant and baseless lies about me. It shows how shallow u really are. Do u agree with what they've done? Do u know why they did it? How about discussing that instead of continuously attacking me because I brought it up?
How many discussions have we had where I have encouraged u to stand up and change things from within? Do U have any idea? How many times have I offered support to u to speak against their dangerous policies? And what do u say in return? Personal insults and silly flippant replies. Talking out of both sides of ur mouth is not productive, it just makes u feel good.

“Howdy How”

Since: Jan 09

Hayward, CA

#3708 Feb 5, 2013
It's been a long day and have another long day tomorrow. Night all.

Location hidden

#3709 Feb 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>please tell me what I have said about you that is a lie. It was my opinion. Lies are based on facts. I don't need to lie.
Accusations based on ur opinions are lies. U don't know me or what I do. U are spinning a tale based on lies.
Quest

Woodford, VA

#3710 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
\

No, not in and of itself.

It's about the character of those parents. The love they show their children, The time they share. The care they take. The sacrifices they make. The joy they feel.

And gender does NOT create that character.

NO gay couple anywhere is a threat to straight couples and their kids.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#3711 Feb 5, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
No wonder I loathe you!
lol...and that statement is really humorous when you loathe 'probably' 80% of all those in these threads. You find more reasons to speak as much slanderous vile garbage as your dark mentality can muster up to think of to say. You do it in an 'attempt' to wound the emotional feelings of your verbal victims. You are the explicit example of a pathetic cyberbully.

cyberbully
Web definitions
Cyberbullying "involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbully

But as I stated, you attempt to be one. You're quite pathetic at it. Listening to your immature rants is like being on a school play ground at recess, having to listen to that one kid doing his darnedest to appear as a bully who just seems to have nothing but negative, vile, dark filthy things to say instead of saying something good or worth listening to. Always made you wonder what was happening at their home that created such a pathetic mad at the world soul. Oh well, some things remain a mystery, even to people like yourself. Hope you get it figured out someday dude. Not everyone is against you :)

“I will not keep calm”

#3712 Feb 5, 2013
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many discussions have we had where I have encouraged u to stand up and change things from within? Do U have any idea? How many times have I offered support to u to speak against their dangerous policies? And what do u say in return? Personal insults and silly flippant replies. Talking out of both sides of ur mouth is not productive, it just makes u feel good.
lmao!!!! What you have encouraged me to do is leave my faith. When have you EVER offered support. Never. Thats when. You can spin that bull all you want, but we both know thats not true. Your answer is leaving my faith, and how many times have I said to you that my very open support of the gay community can help a kid who knows they can come to me when they can't go to anyone else. When they are afraid of the bishop, their parents. I can do more inside the church than out. You know my personal stories . I will continue to be the voice of reason for desperate kids.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3713 Feb 5, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the past 1000 years has it ever been between two same sex people?
It went out of vogue during the Victorian era (about 150 years ago)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026739...

Location hidden

#3714 Feb 5, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Tony, I appreciate that you are open to what others have to say. Nomo and I quite frankly annoy each other often. I was annoyed that with everything said by some of the "christians" and I use the term loosely over the past few days, that she had no rebuttal for them. Instead she post a link about Mormonism. I understand fully that Mormonism as a whole certainly does not fight for the gay community. However that is not my stance and there are others who feel the same as me. I have close family members who are gay, I love them. I fight for them. I do at times take her comments as a personal attack, but there is a reason I do. She does not see people as individuals. Mormons in her eyes are no better than spawns of satan. She throws around things like ms suzy sunshine, or molly. Yes I am Mormon, but I also love and care about the gay community. It tends to piss me off a tad when someone dismisses a person based on religion. In my eyes it makes you no better than the bigots you claim to be fighting against.
Ur quorum actively fights to strip those rights. They are trying to influence the court as we speak. Do u condemn them for it? Or me for posting the info?Tell me, do u still believe "marriage is between a man and a woman"? How about the idea that being gay is an "affliction?" I applaud any changes u have made within yourself and realize it is a difficult process(with all the bigotry uve been fed) but it wasn't that long ago these were your standard replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why doesent God cure cancer? 42 min Hotel Practical 27
will the earth ever be destroyed? 42 min JohnnyTrunk 39
Why doesent God help? 45 min Cat 227
The Symbol of the Cross 48 min Faith-Healer 37
Video games that are Satanic (Apr '14) 56 min janeebee 27
+++++++++ THE REAL JESUS the CHRIST +++++++++ 58 min Bree_Z 35
TheSpiritOfGod DEFEATS the DEVIL " JohnnyTrunk " 1 hr johnnytrunk 6
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 3 hr Barnsweb 1,912
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 4 hr janeebee 16,439
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 12 hr 15th Dalai Lama 3,993