Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16098 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3177 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Norcal Native,
Survey says most women who turn lesbian are those who have been sexually abused by their fathers. Survey also says men tend to go towards males if they have an absent father figure or were raped by another male. Proof hell does not exist please.
<quoted text>
You have a new peer-reviewed study that shows any such thing? Doubtful, because it just isn't true.

And I suspect I know a great many more lesbians than you do. This doesn't apply to ANY of them.

No one "turns" gay. You either are, or you are not.

These ideas you have have been discredited for YEARS, and they seem to be based on some ancient and NOT peer-reviewed surveys conducted by virulently anti-gay religious groups.

Note "not peer reviewed".

Location hidden

#3178 Feb 3, 2013
...... David and Jonathan were close friends not lovers and just because one took of some of their clothes does not mean there was sex. Now where is your proof there is no hell?
<quoted text>
Well, you don't actually KNOW that. You just hope not.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#3179 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Some Christians need to drink a cup of "Mind your own damn business."
"But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters." 1 Peter 4:15

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#3180 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
Seems you are not a mormon but a person that likes to disrespect others. A real mormon would not continue to act the way you are towards me. I am educated concerning the sin of homosexuality. Homosexuality is due to child sexual abuse and parents that do not nurture their children. Homosexuality is an abomination do not like it take it up with God. No one is born gay. There is no gay gene. Show me the gay gene.
<quoted text>
The whole concept of a gene that causes characteristic X is an antiquated notion. But, creationists seldom bother bringing their ignorance up to date. Feel free to keep using concepts from some 30 years ago.

Location hidden

#3181 Feb 3, 2013
.. Now where is your proof there is no hell?
<quoted text>
Where is your proof that there IS a hell? Well, other than the ones make make for other people here on earth.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3183 Feb 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies rewrote their own version of their 'bible' in 1946; and deleted the juicy sex part of Jonathan and David's marriage because they couldn't bring themselves to be honest enough to spread GOD's Holy Word without changing it
The Authorized King James Bible says Jonathan and David consummated their marriage 3 times in the desert that day; swapping their seed to seal the deal
Read it for yourself and compare it with your fake 'bible'. You'll see
Here is Jonathan and David's marriage found in the 1611 King James Bible:
++++++++++
1 Samuel 18 :1> And it came to passe when hee made an ende of speaking vnto Saul, that the soule of Ionathan was knit with the soule of Dauid, and Ionathan loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:3> Then Ionathan and Dauid made a couenant, because he loued him as his owne soule.
1 Samuel 18:4> And Ionathan stript himselfe of the robe that was vpon him, and gaue it to Dauid, and his garments, euen to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.
1 Samuel 20:41> And assoone as the ladde was gone, Dauid arose out of a place toward the South, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed himselfe three times: and they kissed one another, and wept one with another, vntill Dauid exceeded.
1 Samuel 20:42> And Ionathan said to Dauid, Goe in peace, forasmuch as wee haue sworne both of vs in the Name of the Lord, saying; The Lord be betweene me and thee, and betweene my seede and thy seede for euer. And hee arose, and departed: and Ionathan went into the citie.
2 Samuel 1:25> How are the mightie fallen in the midst of the battell! O Ionathan, thou wast slaine in thine high places.
2 Samuel 1:26> I am distressed for thee, my brother Ionathan, very pleasant hast thou beene vnto mee: thy loue to mee was wonderfull, passing the loue of women.
++++++++++
David and Jonathan were close friends......none of verses indicate anything other than a close friendship, one that was like brothers. Apparently you people lack even the very basic kindergarten reading skills.

You people give yourselves away when you try to make outrageous lies against the Word of God. What kind of sick, twisted, demented, vile, filthy minded pervert makes up lies about the Word of the living God?

Sorry if the homosexuals and other fornicators don't understand that everything's not about having sex and lusting after one another and committing perverted sex acts. People can be friends without sexing each other.
----------

Should I start linking to all the homosexual bathroom stall arrests and public park arrests???? What kind of sick person meets strangers in a filthy bathroom stall to have sex relations? What kind of sick person meets strangers at public parks to have sex acts, where families and other outdoors-people just want to enjoy nature. That's the real homosexuality.......strangers meeting multiple sex partners and swapping STDs and AIDs/HIV.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3184 Feb 3, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Seems that I remember ole Native posting about getting naked in front of others.
Yep, sure do!
Can you imagine the sheer trauma she inflicted on those poor, innocent bystanders?

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#3186 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Survey says most women who turn lesbian are those who have been sexually abused by their fathers. Survey also says men tend to go towards males if they have an absent father figure or were raped by another male. Proof hell does not exist please.
<quoted text>
That's what you claim, but I want to see the survey and know your methodology.........until then, I don't accept your word!!!

I don't have to PROVE something exist....I know it doesn't and if you believe it does.....then you prove your point!!!

#3187 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you imagine the sheer trauma she inflicted on those poor, innocent bystanders?
Yikes........I wonder if anyone had permanent vision loss?

#3188 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
What do you mean no excuse for me?
I do not grey box. I use my registered nick in here.
Anyone can grey box someone's name. That has been done many times on topix by others.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but once a nic is registered......no one is supposed to be able to use it EXCEPT the registered owner of it!!!

#3189 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Do not blow a freaking gasket I did not know her full nick.
Yea, ya did know her full nic.......and making excuses about not knowing it is just BS!!!

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3190 Feb 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes........I wonder if anyone had permanent vision loss?
Could've happened!

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#3191 Feb 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid
That does not prove they were married.
In fact it disproves it because at the end if you notice in
1 Samuel 20 verse 42 Jonathan was told to go in peace. If they were married as you make claim Jonathan would not have left David. So you been debunked. They were never married. They were close friends and if you look up the Hebrew word for exceeded it has no sexual content.
<quoted text>
The heathens don't understand that people can be close friends without doing sex acts and having sex orgies and the whatnot.

David and Jonathan's friendship is one that should be admired not lied about to make it to be some disgusting filthy perverted thing. God help those people's sick twisted minds........they really need help!!!

They need to repent and come to Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins. Two great verses from Jesus for them.

John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Luke 13:3- I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#3192 Feb 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof that there IS a hell? Well, other than the ones make make for other people here on earth.
To believe in a hell one has to believe in a heaven. And vice-versa. So there is no proof of hell as there is no proof of heaven. But if this life is all there is, we may as well be living in a hell with no hope of anything eh?

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#3193 Feb 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundies rewrote their own version of their 'bible' in 1946; and deleted the juicy sex part of Jonathan and David's marriage because they couldn't bring themselves to be honest enough to spread GOD's Holy Word without changing it
The Authorized King James Bible says Jonathan and David consummated their marriage 3 times in the desert that day; swapping their seed to seal the deal
Talk is cheap when you have to stretch for interpretations.
All you have to is show by Jewish law and or Christian law, where God allowed a man to be married to a wife(s) and also allowed that husband to be married to a man at the same time.
Other wise you're left to the value of your interpretations and nothing more.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3194 Feb 3, 2013
tickedoffchic
Wrong, I am not Native so you are only making an ass out of yourself. Why do you continue to lie? Prove I am Native or this Penny character. You all know? Guess you are pretty stupid since my name is not Penny and my nick is Born Again Christian not Native.
Stop calling me Native. You either put up or shut up cause I am sick of your accusations that I am this Native person. Last week Cookie Parker was going around calling Laci and Romans Road Native. So how can I be Native and Romans Road and Laci all be Native? You are an idiot.
Really? Funny I know lots of women in locker rooms that strip naked and even shower side by side in the open and no one is having sex. You and your like most be ashamed of your own bodies. I feel sorry for you.
<quoted text>
LMAO.. how come your graybox says leola PA? huh native? yeah you blew it a long time ago.. you have to be one of topix biggest liars!

Location hidden

#3195 Feb 3, 2013
snyper,
I will never respect sin which is homosexuality.
Learn what? That your pervert lifestyle is normal and okay? That homosexuality is the norm? no thanks I rather trust God and believe him. I do not lie about my motivations and you cannot see them only God knows my true intent and he knows I want to see homosexuals repent and come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
<quoted text>
Your posts, including this one, display:

Operant Fallacies: Straw Man, Petitio Principii, Connotation Fallacy, Fallacy of Composition, Argumentum ad Baculum, Argumentum ad Verecundiam, Circular Reasoning, Argument from Authority.

Operant Cognitive Biases: Neglect of Probability, Outgroup Homogeneity Bias, Confirmation Bias, Anchoring, Availability Cascade, Backfire Effect, Bayesian Conservatism, Essentialism, Functional Fixedness, Negativity Bias, Selective Perception, Semmelweis Effect, Selection Bias, Status Quo Bias, Stereotyping, Subjective Validation, Texas Sharpshooter

Strong "Social Dominance Orientation".

In other words, hon, YOU"RE A MESS !

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3196 Feb 3, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Seems that I remember ole Native posting about getting naked in front of others.
Yep, sure do!
Look at post number 3147...

yep! its native from PA!

Location hidden

#3197 Feb 3, 2013
No WONDER you hide from yourself behind that anthology of yours!

Location hidden

#3198 Feb 3, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe in a hell one has to believe in a heaven. And vice-versa. So there is no proof of hell as there is no proof of heaven. But if this life is all there is, we may as well be living in a hell with no hope of anything eh?
Incorrect. Commutativity is an intrinsic relationship to the concepts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
False Teachings of Jews that defy their Holy Sc... 2 hr Barmsweb 70
SUPER SERVERs 2 hr 2all 9
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 5 hr Barmsweb 1,575
Believers are not to judge non-believers. (Dec '11) 9 hr bead50 70
Early Christianity (Dec '16) 9 hr Barmsweb 2,328
judgment coming to america 9 hr Barmsweb 117
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 9 hr Barmsweb 1,364
More from around the web