Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 20 comments on the Apr 27, 2009, news.yahoo.com story titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“I will not keep calm”

Since: Mar 08

Raise hell...change the world

#3109 Feb 3, 2013
Troth for Leogere wrote:
<quoted text>we all know who 'born again bitch' is.. and yes, she's been banned from topix too many times now to count. she is foul, mentally sick and a total troll!
It is obvious she is sick. I just can't refrain from toying with her. She is so easy and I am easily entertained.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#3112 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious she is sick. I just can't refrain from toying with her. She is so easy and I am easily entertained.
we all are.. we know who it is.. and shes tryin her best not to blow her cover.. but she already has many times!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3113 Feb 3, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
not ashamed,
There is no gay gene so no he was not born that way.
Everyone is born heterosexual till something traumatic happens and then it can lead to homosexuality.
No, I am not a homosexual. I am a heterosexual. So why lie?
<quoted text>
yes you are.. remember your tryst with another female years ago? we all do you told the story many times.. now quit yer lyin!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3116 Feb 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
Interesting post from the past:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TQLLEHD8G...
why yes it is.. remember her equine?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3117 Feb 3, 2013
Troth for Leogere,
Go and help your sexually confused daughter.
I have never beaten a child,
<quoted text>
not your own. you've never had any!

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3118 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Can't handle that other posters may just agree with me? I really do think you are Native because you keep harping on these other nicks.
I know several on here who talk just like this post you posted. I am sorry you are so sexually confused and pray you come out of your confusion and find a real man of God to help you overcome what ever you have been through in life.
<quoted text>
Interesting that you connected that post to yourself! LMAO!

OMG give it up.. why dont you put up your mothers pic in your avatar?

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#3120 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
There is no "straight" gene or "gay" gene, but genetics do play a part in one's sexual orientation......and you have been told this many times, but it's easier to parrot the same rhetoric.........it doesn't work nor matter!!!!

#3121 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Can't handle that other posters may just agree with me? I really do think you are Native because you keep harping on these other nicks.
I know several on here who talk just like this post you posted. I am sorry you are so sexually confused and pray you come out of your confusion and find a real man of God to help you overcome what ever you have been through in life.
<quoted text>
Agreeing is one thing.......posting similar posts that where posted almost 5 years ago in a similar style provides interesting details about the post/s!!!

Sorry, but your comment about me being her is just projecting......I am not now nor ever been that person......and I'm thankful for that every day!!!

“I will not keep calm”

#3123 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
Everyone is born heterosexual till something traumatic happens and then it can lead to homosexuality.
No, I am not a homosexual. I am a heterosexual. So why lie?
<quoted text>
Well they say ignorance is bliss. You must be very blissful. Educate yourself with facts. Stop blaming homosexuality on events that haven't happened. You could start by taking responsibility for yourself. It is easy to see that you find a way to blame other things for everything that can go wrong.
People are born that way. Get over it sweetness. ;-)

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3125 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed
So what you are from the south. Not everyone is from the south so where I come from its disrespectful to be calling someone other than your spouse those kind of names. You are very disrespectful I will show the mods these comments and let them deal with you. I asked you politely stop shoving your homosexual slurs onto me. You want to be that sick then I will let someone else handle you.
<quoted text>
She isn't gay in the least. She is very married with children. Very nice looking. She can call me sweetie any time she wants. I'll just call her "beautiful"!

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#3127 Feb 3, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no "straight" gene or "gay" gene, but genetics do play a part in one's sexual orientation......and you have been told this many times, but it's easier to parrot the same rhetoric.........it doesn't work nor matter!!!!
I know there isn't a "Christian" gene, so by their definition, they are the ones who are unnatural. They are trying to prove it with every post.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3129 Feb 3, 2013
Are you some kind of psycho?
<quoted text>
nope.. just a fundie basher.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#3132 Feb 3, 2013
I think I will do a survey on the gay and lesbian thread and see what I get. I would like to know how many gays and lesbians have been abused sexually. Also, would like to know how many have had a parent in the home, but they do not spend time with them as a child. Then I would like to know did a parent divorce and if so how close where you to that parent. Did they get the affirmation they needed from the same gender growing up?
hey fucktard... try getting born again, but this time with a brain

#3133 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I know there isn't a "Christian" gene, so by their definition, they are the ones who are unnatural. They are trying to prove it with every post.
Absolutely........and they should stop trying to speak FOR God........lol!!!

#3134 Feb 3, 2013
I think I will do a survey on the gay and lesbian thread and see what I get. I would like to know how many gays and lesbians have been abused sexually. Also, would like to know how many have had a parent in the home, but they do not spend time with them as a child. Then I would like to know did a parent divorce and if so how close where you to that parent. Did they get the affirmation they needed from the same gender growing up?
So, you expect others to provide aspects of their personal lives to you in order for you to mock their childhood and abuse them some more, right?

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Conch republic

#3135 Feb 3, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
<quoted text>hey fucktard... try getting born again, but this time with a brain
Thank you!

“I will not keep calm”

#3136 Feb 3, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
She isn't gay in the least. She is very married with children. Very nice looking. She can call me sweetie any time she wants. I'll just call her "beautiful"!
Aww thanks :)
OleWazzizName

Clearlake, CA

#3138 Feb 3, 2013
Norcal Native,
Everyone is born straight. God made male and female. A male and female are heterosexuals. Genetics do not play a part in sexual orientation. What does play a part in homosexuality is child hood sexual abuse and the same gender parent that does not nurture nor show support for the child. I have been doing surveys and every single person I have talked to who are homosexual either come from a home of sexual abuse or they have a parent absent emotional or physically from the home. A parent can be in the home and not have anything to do with their child emotionally. Now please do explain why is that?
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any of you homophobes explain away the physical evidence that hermaphroditism provides as to sexual orientation and how it is clearly determined before birth.

For those who don't know what a hermaphrodite is, a hermaphrodite is someone who is born with the sexual organs of both sexes.

To say this was something chosen after birth is just plain nuts.

And hermaphrodites come in many different ways, all determined before birth. Logically this should be ample proof to demonstrate to any reasonably intelligent person when sexual orientation is determined.

“I will not keep calm”

#3140 Feb 3, 2013
not ashamed,
Seems you are not a mormon but a person that likes to disrespect others. A real mormon would not continue to act the way you are towards me. I am educated concerning the sin of homosexuality. Homosexuality is due to child sexual abuse and parents that do not nurture their children. Homosexuality is an abomination do not like it take it up with God. No one is born gay. There is no gay gene. Show me the gay gene.
<quoted text>
It is people like you that cause fear and hate. People like yourself that make a normal life for homosexual people so.hard. You have a lot to learn about love. Your un natural fear of being mistaken as gay is sad yet funny. I hope one day you can let go of whatever it is that has brought so much hate into your life.

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3143 Feb 3, 2013
Dae can't be savna Robertson,
The Bible is clear Romans 7 shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!! In other words you cannot use grace as a license to continue in sin. We are to come out of alcoholism or drug addiction or homosexuality and stop doing them when we accept Christ as Savior we will no longer want to do these things.
Ya in the world there will always be alcoholics and drug addicts, but when Jesus sets you free from these things you no longer want to go back to them. The world has nothing to offer an alcoholic except the lie they will always be an alcoholic or drug addict.
No, actually I do not live in sin and that is the difference. Sin is when you willfully disobey God. I love God and I am not into willful disobedience.
<quoted text>
You are right, we can't be saved and continue to on the same path. We mess up but we can't practice sin. What God called sin we have to also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would Jesus have attended a Gay Wedding? 12 min River Tam 441
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 28 min truth 3,450
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 51 min Cookie_Parker 19,835
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 1 hr Khatru 2,458
Before The Big Bang 1 hr River Tam 3,809
LGBT in the Christian Forum 2 hr dollarsbill 23
It is IMPOSSIBLE for the LGBT Community to Stop... 2 hr Liam R will return 8
I say to Christians - just acknowledge your pas... 3 hr dkskd001 39
Is Paul a false Apostle? (Sep '13) 5 hr dollarsbill 2,696
More from around the web