Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments (Page 117)

Showing posts 2,321 - 2,340 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Las Vegas magicians have the power to cut people in half and then rejoin the parts? You can't believe everything you see.
I know what I've experienced, you don't.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Dana Robertson,
Learn scripture before you quote it. The verses what you have done unto the least of my brethren is speaking to the believers in Christ who are living the Christian life not some homosexual who defies God. Tony is not a born again Christian he is a homosexual who needs to repent and come to Christ.
<quoted text>
The scripture I quoted very much applies to my point, not just believers in Christ.

Matt 25:
35 For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer Him,‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 The King will answer and say to them,‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on His left,‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer,‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them,‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Luke 10:25-37(NIV)
The Parable of the Good Samaritan

25 On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus.“Teacher,” he asked,“what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied.“How do you read it?”

27 He answered,“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and,‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied.“Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus,“And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said:“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper.‘Look after him,’ he said,‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied,“The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him,“Go and do likewise.”

"Go and do likewise."

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jit Kan Do wrote:
<quoted text>Wow what a great comment, its a home run Pastor.
This is just Preacherdude, y'all, and he is replying to himself.
lol

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

TRYING wrote:
<quoted text> SADLY to SAY that its a fact, The Catholic Church, can't stand SCRUNITY! They have a hidden past that is coming to light more and more. A CHURCK,! Should not accept the works of Satan as its just a way of showing LOVE. and FORGIVENESS for wrong doing. TRYING. This is just another of many TRUTHS that will be pass into pages , hardly noticed. NOR cared for. If any have the time or caring, back up and READ: LACIs AND BOLDs posts. Theres is scripture. if any care for scriptures. HA! HA! Like I don't know the answer to that one.
None of your posts ever make any sense.
Why is that?
BOLD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>None of your posts ever make any sense.
Why is that?
***None of your post are ever worth reading.*** Why is that???***Maybe you have little knowledge and even less common sense.***FACT!

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
Are you paranoid that you think everyone is someone else? Preacherdude is just that Preacherdude. So you bare false witness against him unless you can prove they are both the same person.
<quoted text>
That's 'bear', not 'bare'.

Good grief.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
Are you paranoid that you think everyone is someone else? Preacherdude is just that Preacherdude. So you bare false witness against him unless you can prove they are both the same person.
<quoted text>
I think it is SO funny that you called him Preacherdude also.

lol
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is quickly dismissed by the fact that I am gay and I have amazing discipline and willpower.
I have never smoked cigarettes or drank coffee, or done drugs (tried pot a few times, didn't do anything, probably because I don't know how to smoke cigarettes LOL.)
I gave up soda, processed sugar, meat, and dairy products without any struggle or trouble. I can drink a beer or two without going crazy and getting trashed.
I refrained from most kinds of sex unless I was in a committed relationship.
I'm sure I can come up with more examples. The point is, if a person has no discipline, it's not just confined to one area. Either you have it or you don't.
In fact, as I may have mentioned before, I didn't so much as kiss a man until I was 24 years old because I personally needed to reconcile it with God first. He did not open my eyes until I was 24.
So don't talk to me about discipline and willpower. At one point, I wanted to be straight. There is no way to change. That is a fact. And you know it, because you did not choose to be straight.
There are many many stories of homosexuals that have changed. Just because you have not been able to does not mean others cannot.
We can discipline our sexual desires. I do it all the time. Its not always easy but I have very good reasons and motivations to do so. So do you.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

ThePreacherman01 wrote:
<quoted text> I have been a Pastor more then 20 years, I preach/teach the Bible in truth. I will not in any way water the word of God to fit anyone lifestyle. Same sex marriage and homosexuality, gays will all burn in hell that is just FACT. God never made anyone "gay" a lifestyle like that is by choice, and there is no such thing as a gay Christian.
My advice is if you got a lifestyle like this you better put a stop to it right now, or pay for it the hard way. I have told you the truth, no man made lies, I have done this in love, to help you now the choice is yours to do no one else. Your choice is hell or Heaven, you will face God and you will be judge on your lifestyle its all up to you!!
I see that you believe that a Pastor is GOD, because you THINK that YOU know God's message and you simply don't......you know the message you believe in and then you spread it to those whose beliefs are similar to yours and call them, "FACTS".......and there not!!!

Yes, Gays and Lesbians can be Christians, Lutherans, Catholics and a whole arrangement of other religious beliefs.......it is not YOUR PLACE TO TELL OTHERS HOW THEY CAN BELIEVE!!!

Sorry, but Gays and Lesbians ARE NOT GOING TO BURN IN HELL JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY SO......so, it's not a fact, just wishful thinking on your part!!!

No, you don't love Gays and Lesbians, you just believe that everyone should believe as you do and if they don't you condemn them to hell.........this makes you very unlike Jesus!!!

Yes, for those who believe in God, they/we will face God on OUR JUDGMENT DAY, and God will Judge us, but I guarantee this...GOD'S NOT asking you what He should be doing.......so, yep.....there are sinners in Heaven!!!

You may not bless any Wedding ceremony for a Same-Sex Couple......but that doesn't mean anything because if you are a licensed or Ordain Minister......when you marry someone and sign their wedding license you AREN'T marrying them for God.....but for the State!!!

Peace!!
Jeff

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep asking this stupid question? Is it because you are stupid? It's like asking if he'd raise his son to be blue eyed.
<quoted text>
Would reading homosexual literature turn you gay? And those gay pride parades you look at haven't either. Have they?
These things in and of themselves won't turn someone to being a homosexual but they can encourage it.

Being blue eye is a part of their physical nature. You cannot discourage "blue-eyedness" but we can influence a person's sexuality and the expression of it.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many many stories of homosexuals that have changed. Just because you have not been able to does not mean others cannot.
We can discipline our sexual desires. I do it all the time. Its not always easy but I have very good reasons and motivations to do so. So do you.
Please provide these MANY MANY stories of folks changing who they are......and STOP parading Anne Heche as one of them......she is a bisexual woman and has a choice......AND she doesn't represent the Gay and Lesbian community!!!

You truly control your sexual desires? Is that how you control your wife? Withhold sexual pleasure until you get what you want? Are you only having sex for procreative purposes?

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dana Robertson
No, it does not apply to anyone except those inside the church where they are commanded to go outside the church and minister.
The verses you just quoted have to do with the homeless, but the one you quoted earlier where you said what you do to the least of these was not speaking about people in open homosexual sin. It was speaking to the poor and those who are homeless and those who are naked. Stop twisting the scriptures to suit your sinful lifestyle.
<quoted text>
It applies to everyone, as everyone is our neighbor. Loving our neighbor as ourselves is the second greatest commandment. We are even commanded to love our enemies. For you, that would include homosexuals. It wouldn't apply to me because gay people are not my enemy, not even close to it. Jesus loves homosexuals. How do I know? He died for them. He loves them as much as he has ever loved you. That is the message of Jesus Christ. Don't you have enough sin in your life to work on that you have to go after anyone else?

Since: Dec 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Christians are the children of the living God. We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. No son or daughter of Satan can understand our Heavenly Father and His preserved Word better than a TRUE Christian. These threads are absolute proof of this bible FACT..........look at how idiotic and moronic these unsaved fools are when they try to LIE and TWIST scripture.
To even insinuate that David and Jonathan were anything more than close friends is absolutely idiotic, moronic, foolish, asinine, laughable, stupid......but it does teach us how depraved and demonic and utterly foolish those are that are without Jesus.
Every single person in this world is either following Jesus Christ or Satan.
RR: "REAL Christians are the children of the living God."

According to scripture, it is those who love and practice righteousness who are the Children of God, NOT "Christians, either "REAL" or otherwise.

1 John 3:10
"In this are manifest the children of God and the children of the devil. Whoever does not practise righteousness is not of God, and he who does not love his brother."

And Christian or not....
"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." __1 John 4:8

Love are the "fruits" we know them by.
We know them by their fruits, not their self-proclaimed religious designations.

Professing to be Christian doesn't prove it.

RR "We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us."

I know I do.
But I don't speak for anyone but myself. Maybe you shouldn't either.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dana
No, it does not apply to everyone. A homosexual is in open rebellious sin and this does not apply to them. I love homosexuals enough to tell them to stop or burn in hell unlike you that rather see them head straight to hell. Yes, he did die for them and if they do not repent they will burn. I do not live in open rebellious sin I repent when I know I have sinned unlike the homosexual who practices their sin daily. I have gay friends so again they are also not my enemy. Learn scripture before you spout off that it applies to everyone it does not. Scripture is written to the Christians in the New Testament not to the non Christian.
<quoted text>
With your attitude towards the homosexual, I do not believe for one minute you have any gay friends, that makes you a liar. Jesus, himself, never said one negative thing concerning gay people. His message of love and hope is for all, not just the ones you think deserve it. The fact you are trying to limit his commandments to love everyone is a clear demonstration you do know what his gospel. He did not give us his gospel to use as a weapon to demean and abuse people. That is what you are doing here. You are not doing the work of the Lord, you are making people hate him. We are to be representatives of his love and grace. And if you claim you are sinless:
1 John 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

You need to remember how much God has had to forgive you before you point fingers of condemnation at others.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Norcal Native,
No, a gay or lesbian cannot be a Christian so stop lying to yourself. A Christian is one who repents from doing former sin and since homosexuality is a sin you must repent before you can call yourself a Christian and leave the old life behind. You can sit here all day and justify why you are gay, but bottom line if you do not come to Christ you will end up in hell. Jesus will be the one to condemn you since he has all judgment over all on that last day.
God does not even bless your marriage. He ordained marriage between a man and a woman and you are sexually confused that is why you are the way you are. You can defy all of us on here, but you will never defy God when he says depart from me I never new you. You and Tony are both being prayed for on a daily basis that you repent and come out of the lifestyle of homosexuality. Also, others besides myself are going to be praying that you cannot sleep till you repent.
<quoted text>
God doesn't need your type of help, you certainly could use a lot more of his grace though. What you are doing is just pure evil. If you think a homosexual can't be a Christian, you let Christ deal with it.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

janeebee wrote:
<quoted text>
RR: "REAL Christians are the children of the living God."
According to scripture, it is those who love and practice righteousness who are the Children of God, NOT "Christians, either "REAL" or otherwise.
1 John 3:10
"In this are manifest the children of God and the children of the devil. Whoever does not practise righteousness is not of God, and he who does not love his brother."
And Christian or not....
"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." __1 John 4:8
Love are the "fruits" we know them by.
We know them by their fruits, not their self-proclaimed religious designations.
Professing to be Christian doesn't prove it.
RR "We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us."
I know I do.
But I don't speak for anyone but myself. Maybe you shouldn't either.
Let me add:
1 Corinthians 13:13
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
Get a life you have nothing better to do on a Saturday than sit at a computer and monitor someones spelling? You must be a lonely old woman.
<quoted text>
Very poor punctuation usage in your post here.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle,
You called him preacherdude so what is the big deal? His real nick is preacherman, but you do not seem to care about that. You just a lonely old hag on the computer with no life so you bother those wanting to spread the Gospel of Jesus.
<quoted text>
He seems to dwell on condemning folks and, come to think of it, so do you.
This is why I have no use at all for your sharing of your particular beliefs nor do I his.
Condemning others who do not believe exactly as you or he does is NOT sharing the gospel.

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

1 John 4:18-19
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.

Matthew 22:37-39
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Proverbs 10:12
Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
These things in and of themselves won't turn someone to being a homosexual but they can encourage it.
Being blue eye is a part of their physical nature. You cannot discourage "blue-eyedness" but we can influence a person's sexuality and the expression of it.
And, even if we conceded that, SO WHAT? If you're not going to support banning heterosexual couples from marrying if they have anal sex, you have no argument (not that anal sex is a valid legal argument anyway). You don't support banning heterosexual couples from marrying if they'll never procreate, but you do support banning same-sex couples from marrying for not procreating. Is it that they can't procreate accidentally that's the problem? You really need to figure out an argument rooted in demonstrable reality and law. Otherwise, it's just bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,321 - 2,340 of16,111
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place 7 min -Lea- 1,899
Why doe Im Not Under The Law, But Grace seems t... 23 min comment 55
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 23 min 15th Dalai Lama 6,149
Speaking in tongues 32 min Prophet of Jesus Christ 118
The King James Bible Still Remains 36 min comment 94
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Dec '12) 36 min Cookie_Parker 79,105
Questions for Susan B Lange 1 hr susanblange 33
Who Believes The Planet Is 6000 Years Old? 3 hr Campbell 77
•••