Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: news.yahoo.com 16,105

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Full Story

“Watching for Wolves~”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#2575 Feb 1, 2013
Also Nettie Jesus said (at the beginning) you know....talking about God's plan for a family?!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2576 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What?? I'm clueless how the bodies of men and women are designed to sexually complement each other? Get serious. The norm is for sex is between a man and a woman and not between a same sex couple. The only natural way to procreate is with a male and female. That is what they are designed for.
It is unnatural for a 2 same sex people. There is natural way for this.
So you believe heterosexual sex is the only normal? i think i understand you saying this repeatedly. i am heterosexual. Not bi, not heteroflexible. There are many variations of homosexuality, and heterosexuality that is "in addition to" not instead of. i find it amusing that you believe heterosexuality the ONLY norm because then YOU must consider me normal as well- despite the fact i am oriented IN ADDITION to heterosexuality to BDSM, Master -slave, am a masochist (the APA no longer sees ANY of these a problem BTW unless obsessed to the point of not being able to work, or involving nonconsent as in rape, a primarily Hetero activity if you read the papers, or maniacs like the hetero Speed Freak Killers) but i AM hetero--whew!
Sexuality has many orientations and aspects, The Bible BTW has NO words against BDSM. Thought you might want to know that.
Odd that it has a god that recommends raping enemy's wives and daughters though. Can't determine if Judas hanged himself or threw himself off a cliff. Some try to claim he did both--talk about rationalization!!
AND FYI- the plumbing fits.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2577 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmm. Who would want to do that???
It opens for me. But there must be another source...
You still running Java?

Location hidden

#2578 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God is crystal clear on the matter.....marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN. And homosexuality is a sin. All sexual relations outside of marriage are a sin.
That's not being a hypocrite or a Pharisee. Christians are to preach/share the Word of God........Jesus was clear that we are to "judge righteous judgment". SIN is SIN and is supposed to be preached against. That's the problem today......too many "feel good" worthless "Christians" and pastors that don't stand up for the Word of God.
I WILL STAND UP FOR JESUS AND PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. A pharisee.

(Others please note: As the fig-leafing delusional system is challenged the underlying paranoia begins to surface, first as various forms of emphasis then increasing aggressiveness. This can often lead to violence. This type is essentially fear-based in it's belief system and cowardly, so they will use others to do their dirty work and maintain the illusion of non-culpability. Their view of God is fear and shame and guilt based. It's sad that they cannot stand in freedom. Inwardly they cower.)

Location hidden

#2579 Feb 1, 2013
BOLD wrote:
<quoted text>***Totally Wrong!***Goes against all natural order of God's Law against same sex marriage and Nettie you should know what God makes clear to all the generations of men and women.***Though these lifestyles are past off as normal relationships through earthly laws, or to clarify, man-made laws or plain desires to abandon the natural laws God gives for us to live by.***It is God who will never let this sin or any other enter the Kingdom without repentance.***This has nothing to do with how one wishes to live his life to suit himself, it has everything to do with ending up separated from GOD for eternity because of lack of obedience to HIM.***When will you people ever see how vital it is to obey GOD in "Wisdom and Truth".***
Nature is what it is .... NOT what you IMAGINE it SHOULD be,

What a bunch of irrational nutcases these people are.

Location hidden

#2580 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind of Christ only comes through when we get our minds away from self (flesh) and let our spirits connect with the Holy Spirit who resides inside us.
That is the heresy of manicheism. For Saul, he got it from Platonic and Stoic dualism.

Location hidden

#2581 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are suppose to believe your link over the Word of God???
Which word is that?

And?

It?

Was?

Good?

(Then he screwed it up and made humans?)

Location hidden

#2582 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don't just use a few verses......we use the whole Word of God.....
You've stopped thinking. All you're doing is mouthing Sunday school indoctrination slogans.

Pitiful.

Location hidden

#2583 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin separates man from God.....
Impossible

Location hidden

#2584 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin is lawlessness....
"Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness."
God has revealed to us His law or will.
The Bible is the final authority on sin and its consequences.
Pure, unadulterated Phariseeism.

Location hidden

#2585 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worship the bible....
Worship God....
You just declared them to be identical.

Location hidden

#2586 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm against all sin equally. Clearly homosexuality is a sin, yet the homosexuals and their "defenders" want to LIE and try to TWIST the Word of God. That is disgusting and despicable!
Only a complete piece of low-life trash would outright LIE about God's Holy Word!!!!!!!!!!
This is what infuriates so many REAL Christians.

(See people! The dehumanization begins. Their paranoia can't allow the freedom of others or divergence from the cant that holds their frail psyches together)

Location hidden

#2587 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you can know the culture of that time period....just read the Word of God...
The prophetic utterences do not not much cover (hardly ever, except when complaining) the ways in which the Israelites lived their lives.

For example, what was the COMMON way of performing a wedding? They happened. You can find a few things about them, but for detail you'll have to look elsewhere. How did a man propose marriage? What form did the contract take?

There are valid sources, you know.

Location hidden

#2588 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in your mind it is not a sin but not in God's eyes....
And who do you think counts???
There IS no sin "in God's eyes".

Location hidden

#2589 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Search for yourself...
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
And how do you know that this is what they did? Specifically, please.

Location hidden

#2590 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses....
Rationalized phariseeism and calumny.

Location hidden

#2591 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL Christians are the children of the living God. We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. No son or daughter of Satan can understand our Heavenly Father and His preserved Word better than a TRUE Christian. These threads are absolute proof of this bible FACT..........look at how idiotic and moronic these unsaved fools are when they try to LIE and TWIST scripture.
To even insinuate that David and Jonathan were anything more than close friends is absolutely idiotic, moronic, foolish, asinine, laughable, stupid......but it does teach us how depraved and demonic and utterly foolish those are that are without Jesus.
Every single person in this world is either following Jesus Christ or Satan.
Can't think (just repeat slogans). Won't learn.

What a waste.

Location hidden

#2592 Feb 1, 2013
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer the word debate. No hard feelings.:)
Phillipians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
But, you already knew that......
That's just Sauline heresy again.

I'll listen to John the Presbyter instead.

Location hidden

#2593 Feb 1, 2013
Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, it's not.
Satan loves to twist the "judge not" verses, which are about judging hypocritically, but anyone who has ever read and studied the bible knows that Christians are to "JUDGE RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT". This is crystal clear throughout the scriptures.
REAL Christians do love our fellow man. We are trying to warn the masses to repent and come to Jesus before it's too late. We have to speak out against SIN..........
You just rationalized your attempts to control other people to feed your own insecurities.

Our marriages are not your business. They are CIVIL contracts, NOT of your religion. That's why CIVIL Marriages were instituted: to protect Citizens from the unwanted religions of others.

Perhaps you would like a religious war such as they had for centuries in Europe. It's horrible. We haven't had an explicitly religious war on this continent since the Catholics of the Spanish empire were going after the Natives.

Is that what you want? If not, you had better get used to the idea that Freedom of Religion means that others are guaranteed their own (or none at all), according to their own lights.

If that IS what you want, and after some sect wins over the others, what form of death will you choose after the Inquisition is done with you? Burning? Stoning? Beheading? Flaying? Pressing? The list really does go on and on?

Our ancestors FLED all that stuff. It was the Puritans that wanted a totalitarian, ideologically "cleansed" little empire.

&fe ature=related

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2594 Feb 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 46 min Xcaliber 2,203
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr susanblange 1,099
Paul the first anti-christ, financed by Rome..T... (Mar '10) 1 hr Ol Fuddy Duddy 579
Who stole the keys to Heaven? 1 hr Hell-Sucks 594
Why would God not tell the Jews about hell or t... 1 hr Strel 841
The Third Temple 1 hr NDanger 3
I'm here with the answers/salvation is possible... 1 hr Strel 6
Why do so many American fundies feel persecuted? 7 hr Barnsweb 69
dollarsbill vs an athiest 14 hr Truth 395
Evolution or Devolution. 20 hr Thinking 90

Christian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE