Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

Apr 27, 2009 | Posted by: SongBookz | Full story: news.yahoo.com

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Comments
2,161 - 2,180 of 16,105 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, the word translated as "abomination" in Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13 is the word <tow'ebah>, which is ALWAYS used to refer to things that are abominations BECAUSE they are part of the worship of a foreign God.
Homosexuality is EXACTLY on par with weeping.
Ezekiel 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
8:14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
Weeping, as part of the worship of the dead and resurrected Tammuz, is an abomination. Weeping in general, is not. Homosexuality, as part of the fertility rituals of the Goddes Asherah, is an abomination. Homosexuality in general, is not.
There are lots of Hebrew words that have all been rendered by lazy translators as "abomination". Very sloppy.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/352-ab...

Worse, moderns who throw that term around make NO allowance for the cultural factors.(sigh)

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Liam
Thanks for proving your ignorance on the Holy Spirit and his work within the lives of every born again Christian. You mock the Holy Spirit which can put you in hell for eternity. Liam, I use the Hebrew and Greek to do a lot of word study now do you want to go and learn yourself before you look like an idiot? I read the Hebrew Interlinear Bible which shows the true meaning of words from
Hebrew.
<quoted text>
Silly child, I don't mock the spirit of the God of the Bible. I mock the hallucination that you want to pretend is guiding you. At least I recognize that if He said that something was to be followed for ever, I don't automatically assume that He lied and switched it all around just to confuse His people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
edited for space.
Now go and compare that with the behavior of heterosexual men. Many of them would be just as promiscuous if they could find willing women. Think of men as a "Rain Bird" lawn sprinkler - their goal is to spread their sperm as far and as wide as they possible can. The women in society act as the valve on this behavior, as they expect fidelity as security for any future babies. When the relationship is two men, that particular brake is absent. When women are as promiscuous as men, that brake is also absent.
Either way, the problem is the promiscuity. The solution is to encourage commited relationships - marriage.
EXACTLY, my Friend!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, check and check. Your point?
The same goes for morality as willpower. You can't be an immoral person in only one aspect of your life. You either have morals or you don't. Thieves lie. Cheaters steal.
I live a pretty morally exemplary life.
I don't lie. I stole once in my life, when I was 3 and took a pack of life savers from the corner store. Never since. I have never cheated on anyone in my entire life, even if we were just casually dating and had not expressly agreed to be exclusive.
Again, I can provide more examples, but I can't be all that and at the same time completely disregard morality in just one area of my life. Being gay is morally neutral because there is no choice in the matter. It's just like being left-handed. And people once thought that was immoral also. And they were wrong.
Life-style is a choice of the individually which will have to be answered for later....

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Not Yet Equal
Seems the animal experts disagree with you concerning homosexuality being the real reason a male dog mounts another. Seems a lot of the animals do it because of dominance not because of sexual orientation. Homosexuality is an abomination and no matter how many excuses you find to stay in homosexuality it is wrong in God's eyes and even the animal kingdom does not recognize a sexual orientation but rather dominance. This is their way of having dominance over one another.
While dogs are known to occasionally display homosexual behavior, animal experts say a male dog mounting another male dog is not a sign of sexual orientation but rather a sign of dominance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22711 ...
<quoted text>
Silly, ignoirant child...
Animals that live a completely homosexual life can also be found. This occurs especially among birds that will pair with one partner for life, which is the case with geese and ducks. Four to five percent of the couples are homosexual.
Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.
From here:
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really good at ignoring an entire post and saying something completely irrelevant at the end.
Try harder.
Not ignoring....

Just trying to make you think....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No evidence of that. The Israelis have been filtering and cracking the Dead Sea water for it minerals, and pumping the purified water onto their farms and orchards for a long while now. So much so, in fact, that there are concerns about it drying up completely. In cooperation with the Kingdom of Jordan, plans are in the works to cut a channel from the Ocean to replenish it, and using the natural drop in a hydroelectric generation array.
NO evidence has been found. Not one piece of pottery, metal ... nothing.
Better do some more research....
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not intend for every person to multiply.
Next.
Oh, so you know the mind of God....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, check and check. Your point?
The same goes for morality as willpower. You can't be an immoral person in only one aspect of your life. You either have morals or you don't. Thieves lie. Cheaters steal.
I live a pretty morally exemplary life.
I don't lie. I stole once in my life, when I was 3 and took a pack of life savers from the corner store. Never since. I have never cheated on anyone in my entire life, even if we were just casually dating and had not expressly agreed to be exclusive.
Again, I can provide more examples, but I can't be all that and at the same time completely disregard morality in just one area of my life. Being gay is morally neutral because there is no choice in the matter. It's just like being left-handed. And people once thought that was immoral also. And they were wrong.
Yes. This is because "morality" is NOT adherence to some collection of rules, but a very few core principles ... principles that derive from a certain inner economy ... a certain inner stance in relation to EVERYTHING. It's integral to one's beingness.

Yeshua taught there were ONLY two rules, and those rule had only one principle in common.

No hoped for reward, nor fear of any loss can produce fulfillment of that one principle.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN......

The words of Jesus:
Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd rather just lie than learn the TRUTH!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts are Satanic filth!!! Quit lying about the Word of God to defend unholy, perverted, disease infested, lifestyles.
You aren't helping the "homo agenda" by making outlandish and utterly idiotic lies about the Word of God. That only shows how desperate you devils are getting. Plus it shows that you have absolutely no understanding of the Holy Bible or the ways of God. That's more fulfilled bible prophesy......unsaved people can't understand the Word of God.
David and Jonathan were close friends, not lovers. People can be friends without doing gay acts on each other........maybe you can't understand this?????? That only shows your depraved mind!!!!!
Again, what do you know about the marriage practices of that time?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Life-style is a choice of the individually which will have to be answered for later....
That is NOT the criteria given by the records for how Yeshua will "separate the sheep from the goats".

Better review.

(hint: It has nothing to do with following Laws)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ignoring....
Just trying to make you think....
He does so quite well ON HIS OWN. We ALL do.

Try it.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
There are lots of Hebrew words that have all been rendered by lazy translators as "abomination". Very sloppy.
http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/352-ab...
Worse, moderns who throw that term around make NO allowance for the cultural factors.(sigh)
It has been quite awhile since I have had the opportunity to write to you. I have read many of your posts. I have spoken to you about God, and everything that I could on the civil union site. My nephew spoke to you and try to convince you that the Bible speaks against it. But since as you put it" it doesn't get any more gayer than this," as you said to my nephew....One day, we all will have to stand before God. One day, we all will have to answer for the good and the bad that we have done. One day we will have to answer for if we believe or don't believe. I am not here to judge you, or argue with you. As I said we all will go before God, and no not one of us will escape His judgement. I believe you were some sort of priest if memory serves me right. I do not remember what kind of priest you were. But, have a good day Sir. If you are a different Snyper....sorry, for the confusion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I am open to viewing any link to competent data that you provide on that matter.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
God did not intend for every person to multiply.
Next.
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again - total disconnect from the post to which you responded.
What are you afraid of???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd rather just lie than learn the TRUTH!
Exactly!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
Marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN......
The words of Jesus:
Matthew 19:4-6
4 And He answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that He which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Yes. And there's a passage like it in Mark.

But in BOTH cases you have displayed the Pharisaical juridical mindset, looking only for laws and proscriptions. It is that mindset, that pharisaical bent to your perspective, that blinded you to a VERY imprtant fact ... it was part of a lesson against hypocrisy AND it stated clkearly that the Mosaic'Levitical codes were corrupted, and NOT all of divine origin. Moses did a little legislating all on his own, despite the fact that that particular collection of writing explicitly assert itself as of divine authorship. Yeshua said that straight to the pharisees and lawyers and Scribes' faces. His message was that there is always a higher morality than rule-mongering and feeling superior because you follow some rule; or worse, denigrating/oppressing others because they don't.

Yeshua was cool. He was always on the cases of such people.

Motes vs timbers, doncha know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Brown was a Christian??? 9 min Here We Go Again 178
Scripture cancels Rapture lottery 9 min loveismygoal 37
++++ WHY ATHEISTS ARE ON a CHRISTIAN FORUM ++++ (Dec '13) 23 min Stephania 24
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr tahoegirl 2,004
Are World Events Pointing to End Times 1 hr Loveismygoal 368
Walking With God 3 hr Big Al 31
To Tell The Turth! 3 hr Big Al 85
Take America Back 3 hr NorCal Native 967
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 8 hr Hell-Sucks 13,631

Search the Christian Forum: