Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16102 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2475 Feb 1, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Tony
God did not bring you together Satan brought you together to deceive both of you. Homosexuality is not normal and you been turned over by God to believe it is. You will not listen so God is going to allow you to believe your own lies. I am still praying for you every night.
<quoted text>
As usual, your assumptions do not wash when applied to my real life.

I have always had a strong relationship with God. God gave me a very strong conscience. If I do something wrong, I know it, and I feel it, and I feel very badly about it.

I have always had an active prayerful relationship with God, even as a child. It has naturally grown and evolved over time as I have learned more and more. But I know how to pray. And I know when prayers are answered.

When you have lived your whole life by faith, you have a pattern of prayer and behavior that is self-evident.

It is by the same process I came to know my husband. I had the same faith in God, just as I knew He would always provide, just as I knew His will would be done and not mine, just as I came to trust Him in every facet of life, I did not settle for any old person to marry. I was getting old(ish) in my mid-30's before we met. And when we did, it was clear that everything I had gone through prior to that moment led me to that moment. Every prior relationship had a purpose to teach me something before I got to this one.

I always knew when the time was right, it would happen. That was one small area of my great faith in God.

And just as I know when I have done something wrong, and see the effects of that, I also know when I have done something well, and followed the path I was meant to follow, and - pay attention - see and feel the positive effects of that all around me. I have led a positively fabulous life since coming to terms with who I am, with God's help and only God's help. And it has only gotten better in the 7 years I've known my husband and the 5 and a half years we've been married.

You can have all the theories you want, but you cannot deny reality.

And I thank God every night for every single thing, every challenge and every reward, including my husband.

You should be so content.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2476 Feb 1, 2013
snyper,
Keep your you tube garbage. I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God and nothing will ever change my belief on this.
<quoted text>
Sounds like idol worship to me.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2477 Feb 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, the Bible is also honest about David and Johnathan having sex. As I said above, it is also clear that he could not hve been a sodomite, since temple prostitutes were forbidden within the congregation, and David was a messiah.
If homosexuality were in any way "unholy", then it would have been condemned in the Bbile, yet there are no verses that legitimately translate into any such condemnation. Quite the contrary, since it actually CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
Not only that, logically it would have been condemned repeatedly and unambiguously as so many other things are. There can be no question about killing, committing adultery, etc.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#2478 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
The word homosexual did not exist, but the word Sodomite did and a Sodomite is one who commits sodomy which is anal sex with the same gender. Ya, and it does make it so what you claim either remember that. Sodomites were talked about in 1 and 2 Kings, but you were told that before and ignored it.
<quoted text>
Silly, ignorant, stuborn child... the word currently translated as "sodomite" is the Hebrew word <qadesh> which is a (male) temple prostitute. And sodomy refers to anal sex, regardless of the gender of the recipient.

Do TRY to learn some facts at least once in your life. Just for the novelty of it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2479 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka "the indwelling of the Holy Spirit."
Why is the word "indwelling" used???
In the Sauline collection there are "the giftS of the holy spirit". Note the "S".

Apart from that, AND setting aside all the problems with the Sauline collection .... PROVE IT.

Don't just play with words.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2480 Feb 1, 2013
BOLD wrote:
***What is the point in arguing over the FACT that it is plain wrong and disgusting to support a SIN so destructive to our human race.***The devil wants more than anything to bring down the GOOD MORALS in this COUNTRY, making liars and deceivers of all those that uphold this truly sicking "SIN" that Our Lord and Savior forbids and will not allow into the Kingdom.***NOW! think me crazy and a bigot, or judgmental and even some would accuse me of hatred.***The only thing I hate is sin, abd God hates sin as well.***No getting around the FACT. Homosexuality is a deadly sin, and no one can get into Heaven unless they repent of it and turn their lives around to living a straight life before God Almighty.***Christians can judge SIN anytime, they are never haters of the person, only the sin.*** My Opinion, my convictions.***My Belief***
You have a fun gay bar there in Charleston, WV. I forget the name of it but I sang karaoke there once.

I guess the human race should be destroyed any minute now.

Location hidden

#2481 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wednesday, October 10, 2012
`Why do so many Catholics support marriage equality?'
From a column in the National Catholic Reporter by Jamie Manson:
The Roman Catholic Church bases its teaching on homosexuality on its interpretation of natural law, arguing that all sex acts must take place within the state of marriage and must have the potential to procreate.
But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals Godself in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.
Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.
What's really funny about their position, and suspect, is that according to the Code of Canon Law, CIVIL Marriage has NO juridical existence. NONE. According to them, Civil Marriages, ANY Civil Marriages, are NOT marriages at all. They don't exist. The RCC doesn't recognize ANY Civil Marriages as valid.

The RCC is campaigning against something that their own Canon Law says has no reality.

Check it out.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_INDEX....

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2482 Feb 1, 2013
Tony,
Only ass here is you that you follow Satan and to ignorant to see that you are being deceived yet others see it and are trying to warn you.
<quoted text>
blah blah blah

#2483 Feb 1, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently easier said than done.
Gay author Gabriel Rotello notes the perspective of many gays that “Gay liberation was founded ... on a ‘sexual brotherhood of promiscuity,’ and any abandonment of that promiscuity would amount to a ‘communal betrayal of gargantuan proportions.’”...
edited for space.

Now go and compare that with the behavior of heterosexual men. Many of them would be just as promiscuous if they could find willing women. Think of men as a "Rain Bird" lawn sprinkler - their goal is to spread their sperm as far and as wide as they possible can. The women in society act as the valve on this behavior, as they expect fidelity as security for any future babies. When the relationship is two men, that particular brake is absent. When women are as promiscuous as men, that brake is also absent.

Either way, the problem is the promiscuity. The solution is to encourage commited relationships - marriage.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2484 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Self-control....
And knowing the difference between right and wrong...
Yes, check and check. Your point?

The same goes for morality as willpower. You can't be an immoral person in only one aspect of your life. You either have morals or you don't. Thieves lie. Cheaters steal.

I live a pretty morally exemplary life.

I don't lie. I stole once in my life, when I was 3 and took a pack of life savers from the corner store. Never since. I have never cheated on anyone in my entire life, even if we were just casually dating and had not expressly agreed to be exclusive.

Again, I can provide more examples, but I can't be all that and at the same time completely disregard morality in just one area of my life. Being gay is morally neutral because there is no choice in the matter. It's just like being left-handed. And people once thought that was immoral also. And they were wrong.

#2485 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text> No there aren't. Do you think any of these self-claimed ex-gay men would volunteer to take "the test?"
What was that? You didn't know there was a test? How about that! We don't have to rely only on what men claim. We can test them. How about you volunteer?
There is a new test available!
http://www.livescience.com/22120-eyes-reveal-...
Pupil dilation is an accurate indicator of sexual orientation, a new study finds. When people look at erotic images and become aroused, their pupils open up in an unconscious reaction that could be used to study orientation and arousal without invasive genital measurements.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2486 Feb 1, 2013
Tony
Now I get it you were an altar boy. Where you abused sexually by a Priest at any time in your life?
<quoted text>
Really, that's your first go-to question?

All you do is stereotype and generalize - and lie.

No, of course I was never even remotely abused sexually by a priest or anyone else at any time in my life.

Disappointed?

Location hidden

#2487 Feb 1, 2013
Liam
That is the point why God made male and female to multiply. God never made gays and if you ask most gays have been sexual abused.
<quoted text>
Completely overlooking asexual reproduction, parthenogenesis, third party assisted reproduction, etc.

Orientation resides in the affinity for, desire and bonding, not in any expressions of these.

You are objecting to erotic play behaviors that are practiced by many heteros, and mere reproduction.

Marriage is about affiniy and pairbonding.

An earthworm can eat, breathe move fight and reproduce (both ways at once. They are hemaphrodites, and their sexual activity is as sophisticated and intellectual as a sneeze)). There had better be FAR more subtle aspects to YOUR relationships.

There certainly are in mine.

Location hidden

#2488 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
She asked, I answered.:) Orientation can be expressed but that does not mean its good or bad. Some orientation are not good.
A subjective opinion.

“Jesus=only way into Heaven”

Since: Nov 12

saved by grace through faith

#2489 Feb 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly child, the Bible is also honest about David and Johnathan having sex. As I said above, it is also clear that he could not hve been a sodomite, since temple prostitutes were forbidden within the congregation, and David was a messiah.
If homosexuality were in any way "unholy", then it would have been condemned in the Bbile, yet there are no verses that legitimately translate into any such condemnation. Quite the contrary, since it actually CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan.
Your posts are Satanic filth!!! Quit lying about the Word of God to defend unholy, perverted, disease infested, lifestyles.

You aren't helping the "homo agenda" by making outlandish and utterly idiotic lies about the Word of God. That only shows how desperate you devils are getting. Plus it shows that you have absolutely no understanding of the Holy Bible or the ways of God. That's more fulfilled bible prophesy......unsaved people can't understand the Word of God.

David and Jonathan were close friends, not lovers. People can be friends without doing gay acts on each other........maybe you can't understand this?????? That only shows your depraved mind!!!!!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2490 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka "the indwelling of the Holy Spirit."
Why is the word "indwelling" used???
You're really good at ignoring an entire post and saying something completely irrelevant at the end.

Try harder.

Location hidden

#2491 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodom and Gomorrah now lay buried under the dead sea.
No evidence of that. The Israelis have been filtering and cracking the Dead Sea water for it minerals, and pumping the purified water onto their farms and orchards for a long while now. So much so, in fact, that there are concerns about it drying up completely. In cooperation with the Kingdom of Jordan, plans are in the works to cut a channel from the Ocean to replenish it, and using the natural drop in a hydroelectric generation array.

NO evidence has been found. Not one piece of pottery, metal ... nothing.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2492 Feb 1, 2013
Liam
That is the point why God made male and female to multiply. God never made gays and if you ask most gays have been sexual abused.
<quoted text>
God did not intend for every person to multiply.

Next.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2493 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sodom and Gomorrah now lay buried under the dead sea.
Once again - total disconnect from the post to which you responded.

Location hidden

#2494 Feb 1, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, the word translated as "abomination" in Leviticus 18:22 & 20:13 is the word <tow'ebah>, which is ALWAYS used to refer to things that are abominations BECAUSE they are part of the worship of a foreign God.
Homosexuality is EXACTLY on par with weeping.
Ezekiel 8:13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
8:14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
Weeping, as part of the worship of the dead and resurrected Tammuz, is an abomination. Weeping in general, is not. Homosexuality, as part of the fertility rituals of the Goddes Asherah, is an abomination. Homosexuality in general, is not.
There are lots of Hebrew words that have all been rendered by lazy translators as "abomination". Very sloppy.

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/352-ab...

Worse, moderns who throw that term around make NO allowance for the cultural factors.(sigh)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are World Events Pointing to End Times (Aug '14) 11 min Truth 2,634
Homosexual acts remain a sin. 18 min janeebee 195
Mark 4:11 – Should Christians follow the Bible? 47 min QUITTNER Jul 7 2015 257
*Forgiveness* 50 min End Times 22
all religions are myths and fictions 54 min Old GT 69
If it's a sin to go to nightclubs, then it's a ... 1 hr Tricky little mon... 16
soiled christian should not cast stones at nonb... 1 hr Gary Coaldigger 10
More from around the web