Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against ...

Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?

There are 16100 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Will Gay Marriage Pit Church Against Church?. In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

The trouble they see is not just an America where general support for gay marriage will have driven a wedge between churches and the world, but between churches themselves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#2435 Feb 1, 2013
Missed this earlier. Sorry for the delay.
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a great father. I commend you for that. Would you encourage him when he gets older to experiment in homosexuality? Would you take him to a gay pride parade? Would you expose him to homosexual literature?
I try to do the best I can. His mother is out of the picture except for his birthday.

Experiment? As far as I can tell, he is interested only in women. Given his autism, he has a hard enough tme trying to get a date when the odds are in his favor. Bucking the odds would be even worse.

Gay pride parade? I have a bad knee. I can't march in any parade. If I could, it is likely that we would have already done so, wearing tee shirts that say "Straight, not narrow". Although, I have to admit that I would have a little bit of a problem with the open displays of sexuality that sometimes happen at such events. That is what hotel rooms are for...

Homosexul literature? I'd be EXTREMELY happy to get him to read anything. He wants everything on a computer screen or a TV screen.

Oh, and we go to a friend's house for gaming on a regular basis. The on of my friend is gay, and his boyfriend is a regular part of the gaming group. It's not like it is contageous...

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2436 Feb 1, 2013
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
And if I wanted to find reason to hate homosexuals, I could find many bad examples to justify it. You're OK with people loving and accepting you, just as long as you don't have to do the same? You're acting like the ones here who are justifying homosexual bigotry. That is hypocrisy.
I have no idea why they are giving you a hard time.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2437 Feb 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the Holy Spirit?
White lightening.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#2438 Feb 1, 2013
Born_Again_Christian wrote:
Tony
No, I worship the God of the Bible. The Bible is his word to me to show me and every Christian how to live. Again, you would know this if you were a real Christian.
<quoted text>
There is no God of the Bible. That's pure mythology bro.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2439 Feb 1, 2013
OKAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Because divorced straight couples won't push the issue. Read Jeff's earlier post with a link. That's what you do who don't get their way. Just can't leave it alone.
That is such nonsense. You think no divorced people have ever pushed the issue?

Anybody can push any issue. Anybody can sue anybody. That doesn't mean they'll win.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2440 Feb 1, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
"No they aren't. If that were true, why do I have three straight siblings?"
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>they choose to be.
First off, you have no way of knowing that.

Secondly, orientation isn't the same as expressions of it.

You remain hetero (I presume) even in your dreams.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2441 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
So you worship a book as an idol. Got it.
Not worshiping a book.....

Worshiping God....

God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

Location hidden

#2442 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>And You are choosing to live contrary to your nature. Got it.
And you are choosing to define "nature" as a behavior set. Got it.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2443 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
The bibles never say to ignore the old testament. That's something cooked up by the False Church (Revelation)
Use the Old Testament as a teaching tool....

We are NOT under the Old Testament....

Location hidden

#2444 Feb 1, 2013
TOPIX is ssttuutteerriinngg AGAIN !!!

#2445 Feb 1, 2013
Nettiebelle,
I will believe God over you. Heterosexuality is the only norm. Sex between a man and a woman. Homosexuality is not normal. If God wanted homosexuality why did he make a male and female first and not just 2 males? Right there shows you that without heterosexuality we would all not be here. God does not make abomination man does and man has made homosexuality and needs to repent from it.
<quoted text>
Silly child, Adam and Steve would not have had any children, so what would have been the point? Of course the first couple would have been able to breed. On the other hand, nowadays, there are PLENTY of breeding couples in the world, continuing the species is not a problem, so there is a lot more room for diversity.

And, as I demonstrated back on page 79, homosexuality definitely has a genetic component, therefore either God made people that way, or God has no control over human genetics. Exclusive either/or.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2446 Feb 1, 2013
To many have been homosexual and left the homosexual life to be with the opposite sex and are still married today. That is how we know it is a choice and not something you are born with.
This is blatant proof you don't know the Holy Spirit.

You are encouraging immoral acts, especially lying.

Let me make this clear: no homosexual has ever become heterosexual, nor vice versa. Any apparent "movement" is done by bisexuals.

First, you are encouraging the gay person to lie to themselves and to defy the way God made them. This is a form of torture.

Next, and perhaps more importantly, you are then encouraging that man, who may very well have convinced himself he is straight (though he is not - the mind is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to denial - he has just forced himself back into the closet) TO MARRY A presumably HETEROSEXUAL WOMAN and LIE in VOWS before GOD, and plan to deceive her for the rest of her life, in a very selfish attempt to shield himself.

You cannot support that and call yourself Christian and claim the Holy Spirit is within you.

You have NO regard for that woman to whom the lie is being told. You would encourage that man to waste her life in some sad charade. I would say that in itself negates any "good intentions" about trying to be straight (playing along with your sick mindset for a moment.)

It is absolutely wrong and immoral to marry someone under false pretenses. It is cruel to use a woman that way. It is blasphemous to stand there and swear before God to do that which is impossible: to love her, to honor her. You can't do either when you're lying to her every second of every day, and it is impossible for you to love her the way a straight man could love her. You can go through the motions, but that's about it.

And don't even get me started on the kids.

The fact that you would support that shows you to be morally bankrupt.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2447 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying "the actual Hebrew writing" as if it were the original. It isn't.
Also, you have no clue if it is properly translated.
The Bible is a marvelous self-correcting device.

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#2448 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal
Seems the animal experts disagree with you concerning homosexuality being the real reason a male dog mounts another. Seems a lot of the animals do it because of dominance not because of sexual orientation. Homosexuality is an abomination and no matter how many excuses you find to stay in homosexuality it is wrong in God's eyes and even the animal kingdom does not recognize a sexual orientation but rather dominance. This is their way of having dominance over one another.
While dogs are known to occasionally display homosexual behavior, animal experts say a male dog mounting another male dog is not a sign of sexual orientation but rather a sign of dominance.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22711 ...
<quoted text>
tell your story to the many gay penguin couples who have bonded with each other and are busy raising families:

http://cphpost.dk/news/national/gay-penguin-p...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_and_Silo

http://www.icenews.is/2012/10/25/gay-penguins...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/gay-...

LOVE is not an abomination! Opposing it is though!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#2449 Feb 1, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
This is blatant proof you don't know the Holy Spirit.
You are encouraging immoral acts, especially lying.
Let me make this clear: no homosexual has ever become heterosexual, nor vice versa. Any apparent "movement" is done by bisexuals.
First, you are encouraging the gay person to lie to themselves and to defy the way God made them. This is a form of torture.
Next, and perhaps more importantly, you are then encouraging that man, who may very well have convinced himself he is straight (though he is not - the mind is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to denial - he has just forced himself back into the closet) TO MARRY A presumably HETEROSEXUAL WOMAN and LIE in VOWS before GOD, and plan to deceive her for the rest of her life, in a very selfish attempt to shield himself.
You cannot support that and call yourself Christian and claim the Holy Spirit is within you.
You have NO regard for that woman to whom the lie is being told. You would encourage that man to waste her life in some sad charade. I would say that in itself negates any "good intentions" about trying to be straight (playing along with your sick mindset for a moment.)
It is absolutely wrong and immoral to marry someone under false pretenses. It is cruel to use a woman that way. It is blasphemous to stand there and swear before God to do that which is impossible: to love her, to honor her. You can't do either when you're lying to her every second of every day, and it is impossible for you to love her the way a straight man could love her. You can go through the motions, but that's about it.
And don't even get me started on the kids.
The fact that you would support that shows you to be morally bankrupt.
It is called the "gift of the Holy Spirit" aka "the indwelling of the Holy Spirit."

Why is the word "indwelling" used???

Fort Lauderdale FL

#2450 Feb 1, 2013
Norcal Native,
The word homosexual did not exist, but the word Sodomite did and a Sodomite is one who commits sodomy which is anal sex with the same gender. Ya, and it does make it so what you claim either remember that. Sodomites were talked about in 1 and 2 Kings, but you were told that before and ignored it.
<quoted text>
We've been over this before.

The ONLY reason the word sodomite TODAY refers to anal sex is because people mistook the story of the city of Sodom to be about anal sex. The city was not named for anal sex. The word was co-opted after the fact.

Do your research on word origins. They don't always make sense. And you sound like an ignorant little kid claiming that because we call something by a certain name, you know what it means. Did you also think hot dogs were named after dachsunds because we call dachsunds hot dogs?

Dummy.

Location hidden

#2451 Feb 1, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Some who wish to justify the harm the inflict on gay people through discriminatory laws, claim there is no homosexuality in other animals and that is how they justify harming gay people. For those folks, pointing out that homosexuality occurs in over 1500 other species is relevant.
For others who wish to justify the harm they cause by pointing out that some of those species would hump anything, it is relevant to point out that some of those 1500 species form life long pair bonds.
"Homosexuality is quite common in the animal kingdom, especially among herding animals."
"One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Peter Boeckman.
"We're talking about everything from mammals to crabs and worms. The actual number is of course much higher. Among some animals homosexual behaviour is rare, some having sex with the same gender only a part of their life, while other animals, such as the dwarf chimpanzee, homosexuality is practiced throughout their lives.
"Animals that live a completely homosexual life can also be found. This occurs especially among birds that will pair with one partner for life, which is the case with geese and ducks. Four to five percent of the couples are homosexual. Single females will lay eggs in a homosexual pair's nest. It has been observed that the homosexual couple are often better at raising the young than heterosexual couples."
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/2...
There's a serious problem with that link. It's crashed all 4 of my browsers. I think it's been mal-wared

Location hidden

#2452 Feb 1, 2013
BOLD wrote:
***What is the point in arguing over the FACT that it is plain wrong and disgusting to support a SIN so destructive to our human race.***The devil wants more than anything to bring down the GOOD MORALS in this COUNTRY, making liars and deceivers of all those that uphold this truly sicking "SIN" that Our Lord and Savior forbids and will not allow into the Kingdom.***NOW! think me crazy and a bigot, or judgmental and even some would accuse me of hatred.***The only thing I hate is sin, abd God hates sin as well.***No getting around the FACT. Homosexuality is a deadly sin, and no one can get into Heaven unless they repent of it and turn their lives around to living a straight life before God Almighty.***Christians can judge SIN anytime, they are never haters of the person, only the sin.*** My Opinion, my convictions.***My Belief***
Yes. Y O U R S !!!

Nobody else need pay any attention to it at all.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2453 Feb 1, 2013
BOLD wrote:
***What is the point in arguing over the FACT that it is plain wrong and disgusting to support a SIN so destructive to our human race.***The devil wants more than anything to bring down the GOOD MORALS in this COUNTRY, making liars and deceivers of all those that uphold this truly sicking "SIN" that Our Lord and Savior forbids and will not allow into the Kingdom.***NOW! think me crazy and a bigot, or judgmental and even some would accuse me of hatred.***The only thing I hate is sin, abd God hates sin as well.***No getting around the FACT. Homosexuality is a deadly sin, and no one can get into Heaven unless they repent of it and turn their lives around to living a straight life before God Almighty.***Christians can judge SIN anytime, they are never haters of the person, only the sin.*** My Opinion, my convictions.***My Belief***
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
`Why do so many Catholics support marriage equality?'

From a column in the National Catholic Reporter by Jamie Manson:

The Roman Catholic Church bases its teaching on homosexuality on its interpretation of natural law, arguing that all sex acts must take place within the state of marriage and must have the potential to procreate.

But the Catholic imagination sees God everywhere, believes that God reveals Godself in all things and understands God can work through any human being or human relationship. By insisting that genital complementarity is an absolute requirement for marriage, the hierarchy places limits on God's power to work within all of the relationships of all God's beloved children.

Those who possess a sacramental view of the world often realize that any human person or relationship that brings love, mercy, forgiveness, kindness, generosity or faithfulness into the world is a sign of God's grace. Perhaps this is the reason so many Catholics defend marriage equality: They have recognized these graces can come forth as much through same-sex couples as heterosexual couples. Those who have a Catholic imagination recognize that a couple's ability to enter into a marriage commitment is not contingent on their anatomies, but on the depth, strength and fruitfulness of their bond.

#2454 Feb 1, 2013
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Children are deeply influenced in their sexuality by their parents. This is an opportunity for you to get beyond your stupid-think.
Yes. That is the very definition of genetics: being deeply influenced by one's parents. Learned behaviors can also be influenced as well, such as the way one treats one's spouse, how one goes about finding a date, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
failed prophecies 11 min truth 810
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) 33 min ROG 761
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 35 min ROG 1,345
Forum has gone to the dogs 40 min ROG 158
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 hr littlelambWAS PAE... 160
What God Said About Barnsweb: 4 hr littlelambWAS PAE... 69
Early Christianity 4 hr littlelambWAS PAE... 1,350
More from around the web