We believe in God Here. No non belie...
Love in Christ

Ashford, AL

#5875 Sep 29, 2008
Some really good quotes from a book I have read:
(Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life".) It took me really long time to read the
book because I have had sooo many things going on in between including reading
on other books......... In the book I underlined the writings that really stood out to me.
Great book!
(Ch. 1- 18 here).
----------
Two are better off than one, because together they can work more effectively. If one of
them falls down, the other can help him up....Two people can resist and attack that
would defeat one person alone. A rope made of three cords is hard to break.-------

The easiest way to discover the purpose of an invention is to ask the creator of it.------

Without God Life makes no sense.-------

Everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him.-------

Many people are driven by guilt....They let their past control their future.--------

The bible calls your earthly body a "tent", but refers to your future body as a "house".---------

This life is preparation for the next.---------

-death is not the end of you! Death is not your termination, but your transition into eternity....------

What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God, why boast
as though you have accomplished something on your own?---------

If you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of
heaven?--------

The bible says, For we were born but yesterday... Our days on earth are as transient as a
shadow.---------

David prayed, "Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to know
that I am here for but a moment more".---------

Repeatedly the Bible compares life on earth to temporarily living in a foreign country. This
is not your permanent home or final destination. You're just passing through, just visiting
earth. The bible uses terms like alien, pilgrim, foreigner, stranger, visitor, and traveler to
describe our brief stay on earth.---------

We often forget that God has emotions, too. He feels things very deeply. The Bible tells
us that God grieves, gets jealous and angry, and feels compassion, pity, sorrow, and
sympathy as well as happiness, gladness, and satisfaction. God loves, delights, gets
pleasure, rejoices, enjoys, and even laughs!
Love in Christ

Ashford, AL

#5876 Sep 29, 2008
Some MORE really good quotes from a book I have read:
(Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life".)

Noah had never seen rain, because prior to the flood, God irrigated the earth from the
ground up.

Instead of trying harder, you trust more.

Victory comes through surrender. Surrender does weaken you; it strengthens you.

The best way to live. Everybody eventually surrenders to something or someone. If not
to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment,
to fear, or to your own pride, lusts, or ego. You were designed to worship God - and if you
fail to worship him, you will create other things (idols to give your life to. You are free to
choose what you surrender to, but you are not free from the consequences of that choice.
E. Stanley Jones said, "If you don't surrender to Christ, you surrender to chaos."

..... your past regrets, your present problems, your future ambitions, your fears, dreams,
weaknesses, habits, hurts, and hang-ups. Put Jesus in the driver's seat of your life and
take your hands off the steering wheel.

...the veil in the temple that symbolized our separation form God was split form top to
bottom, indicating that direct access to God was once again available.

Jesus said, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's
business. instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father
I have made known to you".

Draw close to God and God will draw close to you.

People often blame God for hurts caused by others.

... first step to healing.

The point of life is to learn to love - God and people. Life minus love equals zero.

We only grow by taking risks....

Self-pity dries up sympathy for others.

....you will never be asked to forgive someone else more than God has already forgiven you.

Forgiveness must be immediate, whether or not a person asks for it. Trust must be rebuilt
over time. Trust requires a track record. If someone hurts you repeatedly, you are commanded by God to forgive them instantly, but you are not expected to trust them immediately, and you
are not expected to continue allowing them to hurt you.
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#5877 Sep 29, 2008
Love in Christ wrote:
Something someone emailed me today, I thought was nice and wanted to share with you all.
----------
Let me share this with you.
While some of the things you have posted all over Topix are "cute" and some interesting, it really does no one any benefit to spam the same old stuff all over every thread on Topix.

The redundancy takes away everything from your message.

Please stop spamming all over these threads with the same stuff.

Thanks in advance.

“Hemp for building materials”

Since: Sep 08

Hampstead

#5878 Sep 29, 2008
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see how you might find evidence of the feminine in some Scripture passages. The writings were produced with a patriarchal bent and the feminine is sometimes used as signifying a helpmate or assistant, as would by typical of that fraternal society and age.
God, as the Supreme Being, The Alpha and Omega, is spiritual and therefore not requiring a counterpart of the opposite gender to be complete. There is the Bride of Christ spoken of as the body of believers and the Holy Spirit and divine wisdom are sometimes spoken of in the feminine context, as metaphor and not in the literal sense.
See excerpt from the Book of Wisdom below:
"For the holy spirit of discipline flees deceit and withdraws from senseless counsels; and when injustice occurs it is rebuked.
For wisdom is a kindly spirit, yet she acquits not the blasphemer of his guilty lips; Because God is the witness of his inmost self and the sure observer of his heart and the listener to his tongue.
For the spirit of the LORD fills the world, is all-embracing, and knows what man says."
Wisdom 1:5-7
http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/wisdom/wisdom1...
Further study reveals more of the nature of this word, Wisdom.
"And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth"
John 1:14
Peace be with you.
Thank you, you are kind.
What

United States

#5879 Sep 29, 2008
legalize Industrial Hemp wrote:
<quoted text>That was a very ugly thing to say. You, too, are just like that baptist church I attended. I am not a sheep. I have a brain and I am expected to use the faculties given and not turn myself over to what some person said I had to believe. Just look at the cults that flourish because people are lazy and would rather have everything handed to them. To follow blindly and not study is foolish. I often get the feeling that some people believe satan to be nearly as strong as god if not stronger and he has been given the power of being omnipresent.
So you know god didn't have a wife and you think that the idea of being married is a silly notion. Foolishly for me I thought your query was wanting to truly know about me rather than seemingly a trick so you can throw bricks at me. No wonder so many people strike out on their own to find deity considering the type of love you've shone.
I do not believe marriage is silly, I have been married to the same man for 35 years. The idea that God had a wife is just uncomprehensive to me. If God was married (and he isn't now and never has been)he would have told us. I asked about a Baptist/pentacostol because I din't kno they existed. I know Baptist and Pentacostol but have never met a combination of the two. I am not saying one religion is right and the rest wrong, I am saying God is right and people add to or take from His Word to fit their desires instead of live to please God and his desires for you.I wouldn't listen to people and what they say you should believe but I sure do believe what God says you must believe. I don't agree with what you are saying and I only hope you find the path to God.You certainly do not need drugs to get there. In the mean time I hope you aren't passing your missguided ideas to impressionable children.

Hampstead

#5880 Sep 30, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe marriage is silly, I have been married to the same man for 35 years. The idea that God had a wife is just uncomprehensive to me. If God was married (and he isn't now and never has been)he would have told us. I asked about a Baptist/pentacostol because I din't kno they existed. I know Baptist and Pentacostol but have never met a combination of the two. I am not saying one religion is right and the rest wrong, I am saying God is right and people add to or take from His Word to fit their desires instead of live to please God and his desires for you.I wouldn't listen to people and what they say you should believe but I sure do believe what God says you must believe. I don't agree with what you are saying and I only hope you find the path to God.You certainly do not need drugs to get there. In the mean time I hope you aren't passing your missguided ideas to impressionable children.
Why do you belive the bible to be his word? Because you have been taught so.
Secondly. Industrial hemp is not about getting high. There is no way in the world a person can get high from using the products that are made form hemp such clothing, food, fuel to run our vehicles, cure sick people without dangerous side effects. All this has been well documented.
If you would do a little research maybe you'd learn more than what you're told to believe. again I'll bring up cults. That's what happens when people will not think for themselves.

Hampstead

#5881 Sep 30, 2008
What, a combination of Baptist and Pentecostal is a fundamentalist.
faith

Fort Worth, TX

#5882 Sep 30, 2008
Father God she came in faith to give testimony of the power of prayer and our trust in you all things are possible when we come to you in faith its impossible to please you with out faith Father God forgive those that come here and try to kill steal and destory the word of her testiomy to your miracle working power may this testimony she has be used for your glory i give you Lord the honor praise and glory in Jesus name amen God bless you mississippi sissy
Lori

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#5883 Sep 30, 2008
I pray for Peace, Love, and forgiveness. I pray people open their hearts and minds. I pray people see the miracles that occur everyday. When one day your taken down to your knees you might see things differently. Sometimes it takes a something terrible to happen to open people eyes. It took that for me. It didn't take going to church or reading the bible. It took the truth about my life to open my eyes and heart to God. For the people that are blind I say it is ok I walked that path too but it is a miracle to see things for how they really are, it is a peace above all understanding. Amen. You can call me anything you want because it doesn't matter I know what is in my heart and soul. No one can take it away.

“Prostibuli eligantia”

Since: Apr 08

Arlington

#5884 Sep 30, 2008
<quoted text>
Why do you belive the bible to be his word? Because you have been taught so.
Secondly. Industrial hemp is not about getting high. There is no way in the world a person can get high from using the products that are made form hemp such clothing, food, fuel to run our vehicles, cure sick people without dangerous side effects. All this has been well documented.
If you would do a little research maybe you'd learn more than what you're told to believe. again I'll bring up cults. That's what happens when people will not think for themselves.
I love my hemp Slip-On Vans.:)
No. I don't plan on smoking them.
What

United States

#5885 Sep 30, 2008
I am a Baptist and have been going to Baptist churches my entire adult life and I have never met one Baptist that spoke in toungs. We do believe toungs were spoken but we also believe God said toungs will cease and even when toungs were spoken only a select few had that gift and there was always someone that could interpret the meaning. The other toung referred to in God's word is simply different languages. Do I condemn people that believe in speaking in toungs today? I don't, I believe it is not Biblical but I also believe it is God's job to do as He wishes. I believe you must confess you are a sinner (to the Lord),repent, ask for Jesus to come into your heart and save you, believe Jesus is the only way to go to Heaven, believe in the God head (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)It doesn't make any difference what denomination you are or even if you go to church. God says we are to congregate with his people and church is the best place to do that but if you are saved God will lay on your heart where you should be. I also believe if one professes to be a child of God but continues in their old life and the Holy Spirit doesn't convict you there may be a disconnect. Saved people are sinners. The only difference in a Christian and a non believer is we are sinners saved by the grace of God. No better than anyone. I also believe I am not qualified to say who is and isn't saved, that is between the individual and God.
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#5886 Sep 30, 2008
It is amazing how people can stray from the example of love that Jesus brought us and find sectarian divisiveness in the word.
Love, hope, kindness, faith and charity are what I think God would have us pursue.

Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 4-5

"I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart,
for you have heard the words of my mouth;
in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;
I will worship at your holy temple
and give thanks to your name."

"Because of your kindness and your truth;
for you have made great above all things
your name and your promise.
When I called, you answered me;
you built up strength within me."

"All the kings of the earth shall give thanks to you, O LORD
when they hear the words of your mouth;
And they shall sing of the ways of the LORD
“Great is the glory of the LORD"

In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises, Lord.
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#5887 Sep 30, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>
**** edited for brevity ****

Saved people are sinners. The only difference in a Christian and a non believer is we are sinners saved by the grace of God. No better than anyone. I also believe I am not qualified to say who is and isn't saved, that is between the individual and God.
Amen.
Saved by the Grace of God.
This can not be bought nor earned, it is freely given.
One can accept or reject this gift..
God created us with free will, use it to seek your salvation, people.
i dont hv a name lol

Edinburgh, UK

#5888 Sep 30, 2008
so no one can ansew my question i new i was rite(my questions on page 276) look at it and ansew my if you can!
Hello

Centreville, VA

#5889 Sep 30, 2008
What if you believe in God but not religion?
What

United States

#5890 Sep 30, 2008
You know what, we don't have the answers to all God does and we do not Question Him.My suggestion would be to seek out God.God has no need to explain why He does what He does. Personally, I believe God may be using that downs baby to draw a relative to Him or maybe He takes a child due to sickness or an accident because that child has finished his/her purpose on Earth. God has a purpose for everything He does or doesn't do and our Earthly pea brains can begin to comprehend God's actions.
Idi O Syncrasy

Patterson, CA

#5891 Sep 30, 2008
i dont hv a name lol wrote:
i dont believe in god, and i have a vary good question for you to ask "him" if hes soooo great and kind then why does he let inicent people die and suffer a great deal of pain when they ve done absolutly nothing wrong and if you can work that out and tell me and help me understand why he makes people suffer then i might change my perspective on "god"
Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you.
Things move along at a pretty good clip now and again. Glad you spoke up again.

Even if you don't believe in God, remember; God believes in you.

Now, as far as your question about pain and suffering and evil being in the world, this is due to mankind, and some angels, rebelling against God and rejecting His rulership.
God created everything with order, peace and prosperity for all His creation.

"The universe that God created was
“good,” harmonious and orderly, idyllic
and without suffering. The evil in the
world is the result of creaturely malfeasance—
the revolt of angels and the disobedience
of humans. Moral evil is the
consequence of sin; physical ills are a
punishment; and according to some,
both are designed to make humans recognize
God’s rule and power. In the
West, theologians adopted St. Augustine’s
explanation: evil is negative; it
does not exist apart from good. Evil is
not merely a lack, an absence of good;
it is a deficiency of something that
should be. Evil is the absence of right
order—but God can bring order out of
chaos, and even make evil serve the
cause of good."

Hampstead

#5892 Sep 30, 2008
What wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Baptist and have been going to Baptist churches my entire adult life and I have never met one Baptist that spoke in toungs. We do believe toungs were spoken but we also believe God said toungs will cease and even when toungs were spoken only a select few had that gift and there was always someone that could interpret the meaning. The other toung referred to in God's word is simply different languages. Do I condemn people that believe in speaking in toungs today? I don't, I believe it is not Biblical but I also believe it is God's job to do as He wishes. I believe you must confess you are a sinner (to the Lord),repent, ask for Jesus to come into your heart and save you, believe Jesus is the only way to go to Heaven, believe in the God head (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)It doesn't make any difference what denomination you are or even if you go to church. God says we are to congregate with his people and church is the best place to do that but if you are saved God will lay on your heart where you should be. I also believe if one professes to be a child of God but continues in their old life and the Holy Spirit doesn't convict you there may be a disconnect. Saved people are sinners. The only difference in a Christian and a non believer is we are sinners saved by the grace of God. No better than anyone. I also believe I am not qualified to say who is and isn't saved, that is between the individual and God.
I said I was bapticostal. So what? No other person can verify someone else's UPG. Unverifiable Personal Gnosis. What may be true for me may not be true for you. If whatever one believes does not hold up to scrutiny then should those beliefs be held onto? If over the years of my spiritual walk brings me back from whence I started at least I will know why I've chosen. I enjoy seeking and finding. It's all the little tidbits along the way that make it interesting. I enjoy life. And I celebrate it. I don't worry about the big stuff and I don't see the need to protect god. Silly to try to. How can such a being of great magnitude that is almost abstract need me to defend.
And maybe I can relate to a mother figure more readily than a father figure because my father died when I was a toddler. Who's to say the divine being doesn't become that which we need most. Symbolicly Jesus became food and drink. That is needed and that was what came. No, god is not a stagnant fixture in some group of books nor our minds.

“You'd be surprised!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Travlin' Preacher's Brat

#5893 Sep 30, 2008
i dont hv a name lol wrote:
i dont believe in god, and i have a vary good question for you to ask "him" if hes soooo great and kind then why does he let inicent people die and suffer a great deal of pain when they ve done absolutly nothing wrong and if you can work that out and tell me and help me understand why he makes people suffer then i might change my perspective on "god"
Do you want God to take your free will away? No; you would be one of the first to stomp your feet and declare how unfair that would be...yet you would like God to take away the free will of any other human who would...make pesticides that cause cancer?...make vehicles that cause terrible accidents?...make planes that crash?...etc etc. Why do people insist on blaming God for every thing that hurts us? We are here with FREE WILL. You give your children choices...and rules..and when they are grown do you, must you, take the resposibility if they hurt themselves or someone else by their actions? It's time humans grow up and take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming GOD. There are only 2 truths you need. There is a God and His teaching is love..oh men have confused it..twisted it.. wrote and spoken wrongly of it, but there it is. I'm sorry for your pain..it is huge and shows in your post. DOn't blame God..He didn't do it. Peace And Love, FPH

Hampstead

#5894 Sep 30, 2008
El_Superbeasto wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my hemp Slip-On Vans.:)
No. I don't plan on smoking them.
Good, because if you did you will become most violently ill. Have you tried any protein shakes?
Funny thing is, the US military said there isn't enough THC in hemp products to alter drug tests.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What religion was Enoch, Noah, and Abraham? (Oct '12) 2 min Taranis 273
Intelligent People Question Everything (Sep '16) 1 hr Taranis 2,317
What God Said About Barnsweb: 2 hr littlelambWAS MYS... 72
Forum has gone to the dogs 2 hr Midnightmoon 162
failed prophecies 2 hr Midnightmoon 812
If you believe in Noah's Ark, you are a certifi... (Dec '08) 3 hr -Prince of Darkness- 1,346
Bible says Satan will be Destroyed, Not Live Fo... (Apr '10) 3 hr -Prince of Darkness- 762
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 8 hr littlelambWAS PAE... 160
Early Christianity 8 hr littlelambWAS PAE... 1,350
More from around the web