We believe in God Here. No non belie...
cloudy

Bayonne, NJ

#25107 Oct 8, 2012
Serah wrote:
Give Me Strength, Lord
Lord, you are Holy above all others, and all of the strength that I need is in your hands.
I am not asking, Lord, that you take this trial away. Instead, I simply ask that Your will be done in my life. Whatever that means, that is what I want.
But I admit that it’s hard, Lord.
Sometimes I feel like I can’t go on. The pain and the fear are too much for me, and I know that I don’t have the strength on my own to get through this.
I know that I can come to you, Jesus, and that you will hear my prayer. I know that it is not your intent to bring me to this point just to leave me in the wilderness alone.
Please, Lord, give me the strength that I need to face today. I don’t have to worry about tomorrow.
If you just give me the strength that I need today that is all I need.
Keep me from sinning during this trial. Instead, help me to keep my eyes on you. You are the Holy Lord, and all of my hope rests in you.
Thank you for hearing my prayer.
In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Read more: http://www.prayers-for-special-help.com/Praye...
Thank you for sharing this.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#25108 Oct 8, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Percentage of christians in China is approximately 7.25%.
Way to avoid the very simple question!
Why do you believe in god/christ/holy spirit?
That is probably the stat for the state organised church.

There is no way to number an underground persecuted church.

As usual an American sanitises.
FSM

Cranbourne, Australia

#25109 Oct 8, 2012
Serah wrote:
LOL.... do you really think you are going to have any sort of an impact after more than 2,000 years since JESUS died?
Skepticism has been influencing Christianity for the past 2000 years. Religion is typically reluctant to accept alternate perspectives, but sometimes it has no choice but to compromise. It wasn't faith that taught the Catholics to accept evolution.
Serah wrote:
Sort of like grandeur or grandiose thinking in my opinion! Will GOD forgive you for denying HIS SON? Will JESUS forgive you for denying HIM? Between you 3 - depends where you are going to put your next footstep!!
Why wont God forgive me for disbelieving something I don't know to be true?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#25110 Oct 8, 2012
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably the stat for the state organised church.
There is no way to number an underground persecuted church.
As usual an American sanitises.
Great job of not answering the simplest of questions!! Good boy! Your religion is proud of you!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#25111 Oct 8, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhh, consider a sin outside of the footprint - if one repents, then the step is placed perfectly; when one sins, we move off the track. Our paths are wobbly, through our variations, but the track is straight and narrow. It appears that some people go so far off the track there is no turning back, and a miracle happens (or something) and they find themselves and start heading in the right direction.
Not making that up, it is just how it is. We are in control of steering our vessels through this journey of life, and we are of course heading somewhere.
Yep, the more vague you write it, the more you can claim it says! Clever. Very clever!! LOL!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#25112 Oct 10, 2012
cloudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing this.
My pleasure Cloudy; I have received so much comfort and solace from Prayers and indeed some words have exactly the right meaning :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#25113 Oct 10, 2012
FSM wrote:
<quoted text>Skepticism has been influencing Christianity for the past 2000 years. Religion is typically reluctant to accept alternate perspectives, but sometimes it has no choice but to compromise. It wasn't faith that taught the Catholics to accept evolution.
<quoted text>Why wont God forgive me for disbelieving something I don't know to be true?
I cannot understand not knowing GOD ~ that's it :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#25114 Oct 10, 2012
cloudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing this.
It is time for me to hit the hay, and I thought you might like this Prayer too :)

Angel Blessing at Bedtime

Angels bless and angels keep
Angels guard me while I sleep
Bless my heart and bless my home
Bless my spirit as I roam
Guide and guard me through the night
and wake me with the morning's light.

Amen

http://www.wesleymission.org.au/christian_lif...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#25115 Oct 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the more vague you write it, the more you can claim it says! Clever. Very clever!! LOL!
Simply put, stick to the straight and narrow...

***World Wide Words: Strait and narrow
www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-str1.htm
12 Jan 2008 – We often use straight and narrow, meaning law-abiding and morally correct behaviour, as a clipped version of the full saying, variously the....****

Have you got the picture yet?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#25116 Oct 10, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Simply put, stick to the straight and narrow...
***World Wide Words: Strait and narrow
www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-str1.htm
12 Jan 2008 – We often use straight and narrow, meaning law-abiding and morally correct behaviour, as a clipped version of the full saying, variously the....****
Have you got the picture yet?
I sure do! Where can I buy my first slave? Do you know of any fields outside the city, where pretty virgins hang out? I got 50 Shekels burning a hole in my pocket! If you know what I mean!

Where can I buy some baseball size stones? I know that my neighbor's daughter is not married and is not a virgin! By the power vested in me, by god, I must stone her to death!

I need some good dry wood. My preacher's daughter is not married and not a virgin! God says that I must burn her at the stake!

I swear to be as moral as the bible god says that I must be. I will walk the straight and narrow.
FSM

Cranbourne, Australia

#25117 Oct 10, 2012
Serah wrote:
I cannot understand not knowing GOD ~ that's it :)
"My name's Numan.

I got a letter from a big company president, Rod, saying I was hired. It was a tough job, requiring me to go against my own nature at times, but to work hard and I'd succeed.

I was to make a great deal, but here's the catch, I wouldn't know how much until payday. I was suspicious, but Rod said every Numan had a payday, only no Numan knows exactly when.

Still skeptical, I read on. Rod assured me that there was a company manual everyone in my department, the church of Rod, knew about that would answer nearly every question I would have and a supervisior who knew the manual inside out. Plus, if I wished, I could use the intercom and talk directly to Rod. There was a seperate division, the crapolics, that had their own vice-prez to talk to Rod.

I went to work and soon had questions. The questions mounted and my co-workers just smiled and did their jobs, which consisted mostly of not pissing off Rod. I consulted the company manual, and it raised more questions than it answered. I consulted the department super, and he just kept telling me Rod was a great boss and I should just have faith in him.

My co-workers didn't seem to notice that the intercom didn't work. In fact, they seemed to be quite satisfied to talk into it and then walk away. I pushed the button in every possible way, and pleaded with Rod to answer even one of my questions, but to no avail.

Then I saw the answer. There was no Rod. The various department bosses may have thought there was, and certainly had the workers convinced, but I couldn't make myself believe that a decent Rod would run a company like this.

So I quit.

Several of my former co-workers, and even people in other departments, told me Rod would find me and kill me, either now or on payday. Others said I'd really never worked for the company or I would have never quit. Still others say Rod will pay me anyway since I once worked for him.

Since I never saw or heard from Rod myself, I have serious doubts, but I'll find out on payday. Or not."

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/37587-why-i...

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#25118 Oct 10, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Great job of not answering the simplest of questions!! Good boy! Your religion is proud of you!
My CV would be more impressive than yours son

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#25119 Oct 11, 2012
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
My CV would be more impressive than yours son
Every fundie does that; why? Every fundie tries to make themselves sound better and older than people they don't even know!

Really, you sound like Jon Lovitz on Saturday Night Live. I bet you are dating Morgan Fairchild and you own a bo.. No, two bo.. No, five yachts! Yeah, that's the ticket.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#25120 Oct 11, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Every fundie does that; why? Every fundie tries to make themselves sound better and older than people they don't even know!
Really, you sound like Jon Lovitz on Saturday Night Live. I bet you are dating Morgan Fairchild and you own a bo.. No, two bo.. No, five yachts! Yeah, that's the ticket.
Can't accuse me of being vague. No I'm not middle class. There's nothing wrong with achievement. It's supposed to be the American way and you're belittling your own banker run culture.

I've lived for 12 months with no income and God continues to supply my needs. I was even given a 12 speed bike recently. I have also been living rent free in a 3 bedroom home for 6 months.

The Lord has taken me through many faith lessons in his manifold wisdom to build me up for leadership for the coming times when teh dollar collapses and the US desperately begins war in the Middle east to retain the reserve currency.

Soon the churches will be brimming as the peoples of the world see through the conspiratorial privatisation politicians and seek God.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#25121 Oct 11, 2012
How do these two posts of yours connect?
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
My CV would be more impressive than yours son
And
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't accuse me of being vague. No I'm not middle class. There's nothing wrong with achievement. It's supposed to be the American way and you're belittling your own banker run culture.
I've lived for 12 months with no income and God continues to supply my needs. I was even given a 12 speed bike recently. I have also been living rent free in a 3 bedroom home for 6 months.
The Lord has taken me through many faith lessons in his manifold wisdom to build me up for leadership for the coming times when teh dollar collapses and the US desperately begins war in the Middle east to retain the reserve currency.
Soon the churches will be brimming as the peoples of the world see through the conspiratorial privatisation politicians and seek God.
How does quote 2 show that your cv would be better than mine?

You also tried the ol''son' ploy.

Why do you nutter fundies play that game?

“Jeezuz in the Potty”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#25122 Oct 11, 2012
hinamanu wrote:
Soon the churches will be brimming as the peoples of the world see through the conspiratorial privatisation politicians and seek God.
Politicians, in America, are mostly Conservative Christian. Like most Conservative Christians they couldn't care less if you died pennyless on the street.

The problem is religion, and the fools like you who follow it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#25123 Oct 12, 2012
Idi O Syncrasy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to leave Topix as my time is consumed feeding and caring for the poor and disenfranchised.
I am blest.
May the Lord open a door like this for everybody faithful. Life is going well. My life has never been better.
I expressed envy over Dalai enjoying Mass everyday. Now The Lord has positioned me to serve those in need. Praise The Lord.
Keep up the good.
Pilgrim. please provide the daily readings.
Hi Idi, interesting that you have left the forum as well. You're doing charity work now? Good for you.

I wont be posting the daily readings and annoying Black Sheep any more. I have also left the forum.

My story is different. I have been gradually losing faith over the years, and have stopped attending church earlier this year.

Just at the point now where I dont believe any of it more. I stopped believing the Bible was the word of God due to errors and contradictions a log time ago to be honest.

I then tried being a liberal Christian for a while, cherry picking the bits I liked, but now look back and see it as a strange and possibly delusional stage in my life.

Maybe arguing with atheists helped or maybe it just polarised opinion. I dont know. I certainly wasted a lot of time thinking about it all :)

Anyway wishing every here all the best. Take care, Pilgrim.

Roland_Deschain

“Naturalism - Nature is Enough”

Since: Nov 07

UK

#25124 Oct 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Idi, interesting that you have left the forum as well. You're doing charity work now? Good for you.
I wont be posting the daily readings and annoying Black Sheep any more. I have also left the forum.
My story is different. I have been gradually losing faith over the years, and have stopped attending church earlier this year.
Just at the point now where I dont believe any of it more. I stopped believing the Bible was the word of God due to errors and contradictions a log time ago to be honest.
I then tried being a liberal Christian for a while, cherry picking the bits I liked, but now look back and see it as a strange and possibly delusional stage in my life.
Maybe arguing with atheists helped or maybe it just polarised opinion. I dont know. I certainly wasted a lot of time thinking about it all :)
Anyway wishing every here all the best. Take care, Pilgrim.
Am I understanding you correctly? You no longer believe in a deity?
Is this is the case, well done :-}
FSM

Cranbourne, Australia

#25125 Oct 12, 2012
Roland_Deschain wrote:
Am I understanding you correctly? You no longer believe in a deity?
Is this is the case, well done :-}
It may be rare for us on topix, but I don't share your enthusiasm in this instance. Losing faith is a difficult and lonely experience. If you have lost faith Pilgrim, you have my empathy. It's not an easy road to take. It's not a path I'd wish for anyone to take.
FSM

Cranbourne, Australia

#25126 Oct 12, 2012
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Hi Idi, interesting that you have left the forum as well. You're doing charity work now? Good for you.
I wont be posting the daily readings and annoying Black Sheep any more. I have also left the forum.
My story is different. I have been gradually losing faith over the years, and have stopped attending church earlier this year.
Just at the point now where I dont believe any of it more. I stopped believing the Bible was the word of God due to errors and contradictions a log time ago to be honest.
I then tried being a liberal Christian for a while, cherry picking the bits I liked, but now look back and see it as a strange and possibly delusional stage in my life.
Maybe arguing with atheists helped or maybe it just polarised opinion. I dont know. I certainly wasted a lot of time thinking about it all :)
Anyway wishing every here all the best. Take care, Pilgrim.
Losing faith is a gradual and lonely process. Almost nobody will congratulate you for doing so. You will probably lose some friends and many will question the sincerity of your (lost) faith. Others will claim that you were never a true Christian.

Be true to yourself, you will probably feel pain and rejection at first, but at least you will respect yourself. That's all the advice I can offer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faith during hard times 1 hr ROG 41
World War Two Veteran tells a story 1 hr ROG 7
Barnsweb's own NT calls him "ignorant" "untaugh... 4 hr Jasonville 122
Longinus Chronicles - Fighting for Christ 4 hr Jasonville 66
Early Christianity 4 hr Jasonville 1,833
Is there any evidence Apostles Peter and Paul b... 4 hr superwilly 277
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr superwilly 84,701
The False Teachings of the Hebrew Israelites, s... (Jan '14) 5 hr truth 736
More from around the web