Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
I only believe the Holy Bible, everything else is Satanic copycat nonsense.
How do you know this? Have you studied those other books?

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 10:17- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Circular reasoning (also known as paradoxical thinking[citation needed] or circular logic), is a logical fallacy in which "the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with".[1] The individual components of a circular argument will sometimes be logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true, and will not lack relevance. Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.[2] Begging the question is a form of circular reasoning.[3]

Academic Douglas Walton used the following example of a fallacious circular argument:

Wellington is in New Zealand.
Therefore, Wellington is in New Zealand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoni...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you read and study the bible? Of course not or you'd know that Jesus wasn't some "feel good, I'm ok you're ok, all ways to Heaven, love only love" preacher. He was/is God come in the flesh who warned regularly about the real dangers of eternal Hellfire and Damnation. It's not a joke and it doesn't matter if you don't believe in it.
Without believing in the sinless life, death, and resurrection of Christ Jesus....you will be sent to a literal eternal Hell.
John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Sadly, it's all FEAR mongering and just lies to lead you astray.

The book of lies, rewritten by the evil ones, has deceived you into DOING NOTHING to spiritually evolve. To set you up to FAIL your judgment. And YOU fell for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you read and study the bible? Of course not or you'd know that Jesus wasn't some "feel good, I'm ok you're ok, all ways to Heaven, love only love" preacher. He was/is God come in the flesh who warned regularly about the real dangers of eternal Hellfire and Damnation. It's not a joke and it doesn't matter if you don't believe in it.
Without believing in the sinless life, death, and resurrection of Christ Jesus....you will be sent to a literal eternal Hell.
John 14:6- Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Hell is a myth that was invented to bolster the Christian FEAR mongering brainwashing system. It is >>>NOT<<< a real place, as it goes against the real God's laws and nature.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for sharing! Your experience pretty much coincides with what the Gnostics believed. Gnostics believe enlightenment comes from within and Orthodox Christians don't. Also, enlightenment, according to the Gnostics, returns to the main source, which is the God Light. Kind of like the laws of thermodynamics, which is about the only analogy I can think of off the top of my head right now. First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another. The First Law of Thermodynamics (Conservation) states that energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed. In essence, energy can be converted from one form into another.
That is one of my biggest problems against Christianity, it goes against God's plan for >>>ALL<<< souls to spiritually evolve. It's the only one I know of that offers a do nothing approach. An obvious trap to deceive people and lead them astray.

And while this Gnostic teaching is on the right track, I always find such vague wording as "within", not very helpful to make people understand WHAT they are doing. Or that using the energies/abilities of their soul is the real key to understanding God/Heaven/spiritual matters. Now maybe these Gnostics have better teachings, even if they don't fully understand what they are really doing. I suppose it gets people pointed to the right direction, even without a clear road map to guide them. SOME may find the way to access their soul's abilities and get real spiritual answers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2012

Judged:

Romans Road wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 10:17- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
And I'll take my lifetime of personal spiritual experiences over your silly "faith" book of lies any day. For all you have is a worthless bunch of lies.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go taking verses out of context and twisting them to suit your evil doctrine again.
I agree with "Romans Road" - 100%! Minds saved by the GRACE of Jesus Christ think alike :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'll take my lifetime of personal spiritual experiences over your silly "faith" book of lies any day. For all you have is a worthless bunch of lies.
And, as soon as tour soul separates from your body, you will be found wanting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell is a myth that was invented to bolster the Christian FEAR mongering brainwashing system. It is >>>NOT<<< a real place, as it goes against the real God's laws and nature.
For every 2 times Jesus spoke of Heaven, He in turn mentioned Hell. So, either He is the one who was deceived and a liar, or you are. Your soul is in great peril and I pray the Holy Spirit brings you under great conviction :). You are not at spiritual peace in any measure. www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Salvation ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning (also known as paradoxical thinking[citation needed] or circular logic), is a logical fallacy in which "the reasoner begins with what he or she is trying to end up with".[1] The individual components of a circular argument will sometimes be logically valid because if the premises are true, the conclusion must be true, and will not lack relevance. Circular logic cannot prove a conclusion because, if the conclusion is doubted, the premise which leads to it will also be doubted.[2] Begging the question is a form of circular reasoning.[3]
Academic Douglas Walton used the following example of a fallacious circular argument:
Wellington is in New Zealand.
Therefore, Wellington is in New Zealand.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoni...
Youa re right about that. We can argue about which is the correct path to Heaven, until the Lord returns to set the record straight. I try to lead the horse to the "spiritual water," but have no misconceptions that most will not partake of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

www.scribd.com/doc/22629976/They-Shall ...
Another year closer to the reign of the "one who is coming in his own name" i.e. the Antichrist!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with "Romans Road" - 100%! Minds saved by the GRACE of Jesus Christ think alike :)
Yes, you poor brainwashed fundies are made to all believe the same old lies that your sick evil Demonmaster is a "god". But beyond that, NO, you are a blatant liar. I have yet to see you mad dog fundies agree on much of anything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

-The Star Reborn- wrote:
<quoted text>
He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>And, as soon as tour soul separates from your body, you will be found wanting.
I've been doing it all my life and am VERY spiritually fulfilled. And all you can do is read a spiritual empty and meaningless man made book of lies. Sad that you have squandered your life and gained no spiritual experience or understanding from all that wasted time.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this? Have you studied those other books?
The thing about this is that the God of Abraham (which both Mormons and Muslims claim to worship) said not to add nor take away from what was commanded. Yet these two religions (plus christianity) proceeded to do just that. Therefore it would only be smart to ignore their findings and commandments because of this. That is if one one is looking to worship the God of Abraham. If one wants to tickle their ears with what makes them feel better than by all means follow the will of your own heart. That is my 2 cents

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing about this is that the God of Abraham (which both Mormons and Muslims claim to worship) said not to add nor take away from what was commanded. Yet these two religions (plus christianity) proceeded to do just that. Therefore it would only be smart to ignore their findings and commandments because of this. That is if one one is looking to worship the God of Abraham. If one wants to tickle their ears with what makes them feel better than by all means follow the will of your own heart. That is my 2 cents
Wouldn't you think that a Just God would take these things into consideration IF a person has been taught incorrectly and really believe that what they accept as Truth IS Truth?
I do agree with you on one point:
'the will of your heart' to me means the Moral Conscience, which some refer to as the Voice of God.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't you think that a Just God would take these things into consideration IF a person has been taught incorrectly and really believe that what they accept as Truth IS Truth?
I do agree with you on one point:
'the will of your heart' to me means the Moral Conscience, which some refer to as the Voice of God.
I cant speak for Him what I havent been commanded to. All I can say is that what you said in that first question can be taken far. People can (and are) taught to kill, steal, rape and do other things that are incorrect. Now I understand that they were taught these things and Im sure that He would take it into account. But as one becomes an adult self responsibility should come into an account. And loving your neighbor as yourself (i.e doing to others what you would want done to you) should at some point come into someones mind. At least I in my opinion.

I agree with you on "moral conscience". That is if you mean us knowing right from wrong. But when it comes to God I do not believe one can just seek within and find Him. For instance, you (just generalizing not YOU directly) might think that God Almighty is ALL good, JUST and has no wrath or anger towards how people behave. Me on the other hand, believe those first 2 things, but believe that He DOES have wrath and anger towards people that behave and treat others wrongly. So in MY HEART Im led to a different God than in your heart. This is just one instance. There can be varying differences in each of our hearts of what God Almighty is. But at the end of the day (no matter what you or I believe or think He is) He is what He is. I hope I made sense sorry for the long post

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant speak for Him what I havent been commanded to. All I can say is that what you said in that first question can be taken far. People can (and are) taught to kill, steal, rape and do other things that are incorrect. Now I understand that they were taught these things and Im sure that He would take it into account. But as one becomes an adult self responsibility should come into an account. And loving your neighbor as yourself (i.e doing to others what you would want done to you) should at some point come into someones mind. At least I in my opinion.
I agree with you on "moral conscience". That is if you mean us knowing right from wrong. But when it comes to God I do not believe one can just seek within and find Him. For instance, you (just generalizing not YOU directly) might think that God Almighty is ALL good, JUST and has no wrath or anger towards how people behave. Me on the other hand, believe those first 2 things, but believe that He DOES have wrath and anger towards people that behave and treat others wrongly. So in MY HEART Im led to a different God than in your heart. This is just one instance. There can be varying differences in each of our hearts of what God Almighty is. But at the end of the day (no matter what you or I believe or think He is) He is what He is. I hope I made sense sorry for the long post
IMO, God does not have 'wrath nor 'anger' simply because I believe God is constant, never changing and wrath and anger are human emotions.
As for wrongdoings such as murder, rape, stealing, etc., sure, God sees these things as wrong, yet, He gave us Free Will, which some use for good, others use for bad, so to speak.
We surely will be held accountable for these sins, but IMO not in an angry way but in a Just and Loving way.
Some might say we choose our own destiny in that way, choosing whether to be with God or separated from God.
As for loving your neighbor as yourself, IMO many, many do. I know some folks like that.
IMO this is a long process for some, many reach an old age before they really have benefited from life experiences that have helped them overcome false beliefs or wrong actions. Yet, some reach this goal at a much younger age, even some teens.
:)
Life is interesting as people are also.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>IMO, God does not have 'wrath nor 'anger' simply because I believe God is constant, never changing and wrath and anger are human emotions.
As for wrongdoings such as murder, rape, stealing, etc., sure, God sees these things as wrong, yet, He gave us Free Will, which some use for good, others use for bad, so to speak.
We surely will be held accountable for these sins, but IMO not in an angry way but in a Just and Loving way.
Some might say we choose our own destiny in that way, choosing whether to be with God or separated from God.
As for loving your neighbor as yourself, IMO many, many do. I know some folks like that.
IMO this is a long process for some, many reach an old age before they really have benefited from life experiences that have helped them overcome false beliefs or wrong actions. Yet, some reach this goal at a much younger age, even some teens.
:)
Life is interesting as people are also.
And this is why I said looking within we will find different things about God.

But I must ask what do you believe to be a just way and loving way to how He would handle sins and wrongdoing? Just trying to see your perspective.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Flygerian wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is why I said looking within we will find different things about God.
But I must ask what do you believe to be a just way and loving way to how He would handle sins and wrongdoing? Just trying to see your perspective.
I believe God will judge a soul based on the amount of light received by that soul during its lifetime.
No matter what faith, if any, that soul followed.
Flygerian

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

So you think that I could worship a man or tree and be ok? Or worship the sun?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of87,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cookie's Place (Oct '13) 2 min paganbirdkeeper666 7,480
At what point during a job interview... 22 min par five 88
The Law HYPOCRITES 33 min dollarsbill 601
The King James Bible Still Remains 57 min Prince of Darkness 577
Is the Bible always literally true or correct? 1 hr Senecus 933
Dollarsbill Is Still Quick To Condemn 1 hr Prince of Darkness 839
9/11 was an inside job 1 hr Prince of Darkness 70
•••
•••