Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on how rapidly the rain falls but it is likely it was only a local flood. It would have been impossible to fit all the known species of animals on the ark. It's a multicultural legend because it happened. All of the present races of people are descended from Noah.
Impossible.
I believe the human race had spread around the planet by the time of the flood.
Since the flood was a large, local one, there is no way that every human on earth perished except Noah and family.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>So,now you are Jewish. You catholics kill the Jews, now try one to justify your perversion.
Exactly what is lesbianism? Why would the Bible mention lesbianism or homosexuality, since both are made up terms?
The Catholic church, Pope Benedict said that homosexuality is pedophilia, so we have a choice, end all pedophilia or end all homosexuality, the results will be the same. Benedict went on to say, if God wanted homosexuality, then he would have had two gardens, Adam and Eve, and George and Steve. Benedict went on to say that all that practice homosexuality or support it, have chosen the sin of homosexuality over God, over the church and have chosen to walk with satan.
You are right, Rabbi, does not have a NT Bible, only a Jewish Torah.
Romans 1:24-28
New International Version (NIV)
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
1 Corinthians 6:8-11
New International Version (NIV)
8 Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers and sisters. 9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Footnotes:
1 Corinthians 6:9 The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.
Homosexuality and pedophilia are two entirely different things.

Over half to 3/4s of U.S. Catholics now support same sex marriage.

The Vatican does not run our government nor make or enforce our laws.

As a matter of fact, neither do YOU.

“Satanic Mafia Princess ”

Since: Oct 09

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on how rapidly the rain falls but it is likely it was only a local flood. It would have been impossible to fit all the known species of animals on the ark. It's a multicultural legend because it happened. All of the present races of people are descended from Noah.
There are plenty of folklore which are found in every culture,do you believe in ghosts, fairies, vampires??? Versions of each of those are found in every culture.

“Satanic Mafia Princess ”

Since: Oct 09

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Your prostitution is not legal all over the US.
Your satanic witch account is banned and soon this one will be gone. It just takes more when you have 25,000 posts. I guess you know that. TEEHEEEE.
What satanic witch account?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Pay attention. I live in fremont, california which is in northern california....any time you feel froggy, I have no problem boiling frog legs for lunch. Got it,--- Whitewater, married June 2008 in what is now referred to as a same sex mirage. So, what goes in replace of the three dashes. County records.
We didn't get married in June of 2008.....just goes to show you don't know jack shiet about much involving us.......lol!!!

Fremont should be Capitalized, it's a City!

California should be Capitalized, it's a State

Fremont is technically in the South Bay.......it is inland and south of San Francisco.......and though it is the Northern half of California.......most Californians don't mention it like the way you do!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, but it was obvious that your dad caused you to be a lesbian and Whitewater's did her. You have stated as much.
Again, you'd be wrong and you just can't admit that you don't know jack shiet about what you are talking about.....that really is your problem!!!

“T.H.I.N.K. Before you Speak”

Since: Sep 08

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text> God does not run your life,, but he will oversee your stay in hell.
Finally, a Christian who admits that the God they say will save us from hell is really the over seer of said place.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, here is the link.
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former-presi... .
This is an anti-gay biased website.......and anything from it is nothing but garbage as far as I'm concerned!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>So,why would I claim your lie.
...here is the link you claim was never posted, liar....
You may have posted the link before, but seeing as it comes from an ANTI-GAY BIASED news source site......that's probably why I ignored it!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
Also, it is so easy to tell when you are reporting and doing worse, you always remove that post, so it does not stay. Easy.
I haven't done anything today with regards to saying anything to topix about your disgusting lies.....so, now your paranoid too......or just guilty of being a jackazz as well?

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly when you had your ceremony and I also know waterworld's first name.
Actually, if you know the date.....why lie about it by posting something not true?

Goodie for you.....lol!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>Impossible.
I believe the human race had spread around the planet by the time of the flood.
Since the flood was a large, local one, there is no way that every human on earth perished except Noah and family.
You're wrong Nettie. Humanity was confined to the middle east and North Africa. The whole purpose of the flood was to kill people, God regretted creating them.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong Nettie. Humanity was confined to the middle east and North Africa. The whole purpose of the flood was to kill people, God regretted creating them.
The events depicted in Genesis are TRUE and HISTORICAL... BUT, they are not presented using literal or historical LANGUAGE, but rather in the LANGUAGE of myth. Why do so many of my fellow-Catholics (ESPECIALLY the Protestant converts) have a problem accepting this? What's more, no one ever said that Genesis, or any book of Scripture, is a straight, comprehensive narrative, as opposed to a collection of various sources. The account of the Nephilim in Genesis 6 is one of these independent sources-an isolated story intended to theologically support what surrounds it. Notice, for example, that Noah himself is never mentioned in this account, nor is he or his Flood ever connected to the Nephilim. Rather, these are independent "vignettes" with no narrative connection to each other, save the intention of introducing the context of the Flood. But, despite popular belief, that context is not because of the conception of the Nephilim, but exactly the opposite. Because man had become "fleshy" with no "heavenly virtue" in him and so God's Spirit was being slowly withdrawn (see the decreasing genealogies in Gen 5) and man was growing in wickedness.

Noah's covenant forms part of the basis of salvation history. If Noah's story is nothing more than a reworking of the Gelgamesh epic or some other myth, then St. Peter and Jesus Himself were mistaken.

Again, Noah is a historical person (although his literal name wasn't "Noah"), and the Covenant really happened. BUT, what we have in Genesis is NOT a literal historical narrative, but an account written in MYTHIC language. And, if you do not come to terms with this, you will, sooner or later, hit a brick wall.

It is also true that the Flood was a major historical event in the fertile crescent that is attested to in several places. The Greeks, the Hindus, the Babylonians, and several others have stories about the Deluge. Recently, it has been shown that there was catastrophic flooding in the area of the Black Sea about 7000 years ago which inundated many coastal cities and towns very rapidly. This has been implicated by some as the flood of Noah.

We've discussed this before, but I don't believe that a "regional flood" takes care of the account in Genesis, both because Genesis is clearly speaking of a universal catastrophe (i.e., one that HAD TO affect all of the peoples outlined in Genesis 10 - a demographic stretching from Persia to Spain, and from the Ukraine to Nubia), and also because Genesis is not speaking of a literal flood at all (although floods may have been literally part of it), but rather of the "waters of chaos" (a common mythic image of pan-Semitic mythology) which are, in the Genesis narrative, first cited in Gen 1:2, then "divided" by the firmament in Genesis 1:6-7 into the "waters above" and the "water below." It is these same "waters above" and "waters below" (that is, not literal water, but the primordial principal of "chaos") which are permitted to flow back into creation (from both "above" AND "below") in Genesis 7:11, thereby destroying the world, which is presented (in Genesis' cosmology) as a kind of "bubble" surrounded by this "watery chaos" above and below. The Flood account is merely saying that God allowed "chaos" to flow back into His Creation and destroy it-that is, some universal (though unspecified) catastrophe nearly wiped mankind out. And, if we look at physical evidence before 15,000 years ago, near the end of the last Ice Age (when mankind mysteriously first appears on this planet), this approach seems to be the reality.
http://www.catholic-legate.com/Apologetics/Sc...

Since: Dec 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong Nettie. Humanity was confined to the middle east and North Africa. The whole purpose of the flood was to kill people, God regretted creating them.
susanblange: "God regretted creating them."

No, that can't be true. Not if God is All-Knowing.
God would've known before He created them that He'd regret it, so He wouldn't have created them.

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Mr waterworld sends pagan a PM and pagan forms this account and it is you after the other account was banned. Shows that waterworld is a filthy munchkin too.
I don't need another account. I have one and that is more than enough to drive you plum crazy and make me ecstatic.

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>I know exactly when you had your ceremony and I also know waterworld's first name. Yeah, I intentionally did not capital either and did the same with northern california, it was a belittling humorous joke...so grow a brain. I know exactly where fremont, california is located. I live there and have plenty of relatives in the Bay Area....got milk???? MOOOOO
My first name is known by most
So new information this is not.
You can find my name from from coast to coast,
For new or unique it is not.
My name is not tree, bee or tea,
Oh no, my name is simply Lee.
So you see doc,
You don't scare me!

With My Wife and Family

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

SatanasWitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Try my BlipTV channel,they're not so anal about the music like YT is.
http://blip.tv/albanysatanas666yahoocom/witch...
This is amazing

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean Pagan's dad? She does claim he was a Christian. Was she lying?
Are you saying that all, most or some of the homosexuals had Christian parents who beat them to death or raped them and made them gay? Please specify if you mean Pagan, Whitewater or Rose TH.
http://www.paganspace.net/foru m/topics/parents-beat-child-to -death-in-name-of-god-see-the- video-and?commentId=1342861%3A Comment%3A14475028

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Youth-Minister...

http://www.khou.com/home/Youth-minister-accus...

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/15411413/langw...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/man-impr... -

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean Pagan's dad? She does claim he was a Christian. Was she lying?
Are you saying that all, most or some of the homosexuals had Christian parents who beat them to death or raped them and made them gay? Please specify if you mean Pagan, Whitewater or Rose TH.
Your hate filled nasty comments show the true nature of the christian cult. You are a fine example of the christian cult, and it is evil hate filled people like you who made me start to question the cult so thank you for that

“God Loves Ilks!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Fremont Rose wrote:
<quoted text>There is no reason to make up stuff. There technically is no place called the Middle East. You are trying to debate based on the continents that exist now. There was only one continent then. The middle east actually is comprised of three continents and technically does not exist. Africa, Europe and Asia.
Earth's continents are constantly changing, moving and rearranging themselves over millions of years.

You are arguing a young earth here with Adam and Eve being around, what, 7,000 years ago?
The age of the earth itself is around 4.5 billion years.

The Bible is not a history book; the Bible is not a science book; the Bible is not a Geography book; the Bible is not a medical book, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,041 - 10,060 of78,988
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Christian Forum right now

Search the Christian Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Speaking in tongues 37 min susanblange 107
Does God exist? (Aug '11) 42 min The truth works 6,121
The King James Bible Still Remains 51 min susanblange 82
Was Paul a False Apostle? (May '08) 1 hr susanblange 1,310
God's Church Is Polluted 1 hr susanblange 11
Should Christians go out to Nightclubs? (May '13) 1 hr Prophet of Jesus Christ 45
Who Believes The Planet Is 6000 Years Old? 2 hr TruthHurts 60
•••
•••
•••
•••