Mary Baker Eddy supported British Isr...

Mary Baker Eddy supported British Israelism

British

Watford, UK

#1 Jan 2, 2011
A well known British Israelite advocate A. A. Beauchamp converted to Christian science in 1924. A. A. Beauchamp was the owner and publisher of a popular British Israelite magazine called The Watchman of Israel. Beauchamp’s conversion to Christian Science was due to the complex interaction between Christian Science and British Israelism which had began In Mary Baker Eddy’s lifetime by a number of well known Christian Scientists. Julia Field King an American Christian Scientist from Iowa who was a friend and student of Mrs Eddy sailed to England under Mary Baker Eddys orders to study British Israelism in 1896. She had already read the works of the Anglo Israelite C. A. L. Totten and was impressed by the works of Totten. Totten engaged in a genealogical exercise, attempting to prove the Davidic ancestry of the British royal family. Julia field king put extensive research into trying to prove this; she went even further into trying to prove that Mary Baker Eddy herself was a descendant of King David. Mrs Eddy came to be a believer in British Israelism; Eddy was also attracted to this notion as she believed it may boost the Christian Science movement in England. In 1898 Mary Baker Eddy wrote a poem titled “The United States To Great Britain” In this poem Mrs. Eddy refers to the United States and Great Britain as "Anglo-Israel," and our "brother," Great Britain, as "Judah's sceptred race".[19]
In a letter in 1902 to Julia Field King of a work tracing the lineage of Queen Victoria back to King David, Mary Baker Eddy wrote: "Your work, The Royal House of Britain an Enduring Dynasty, is indeed masterful: one of the most remarkable Biblical researches in that direction ever accomplished. Its data and the logic of its events sustain its authenticity, and its grandeur sparkles in the words,'King Jesus.'" In the words of Jeremiah, quoted in the book: "David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the House of Israel." (Jer. 33:17) Mrs. Eddy states: "Christian Science ... restores the lost Israel." In many of Mary Baker Eddy's writings she addressed the Israelites as Christian Scientists. Until her death Mary Baker Eddy continued to keep an interest in British Israelism, early members of the Christian Science Mother Church accepted the Anglo Israel message of Mrs Eddy however after Mrs Eddy’s death in 1910 the Mother Church denied anything to do with British Israelism and any Christian Scientists supporting British Israelism in the Mother Church were excommunicated. The attractions of British Israelism in the Christian Science movement still remained after Mary Baker Eddy’s death. Because the Mother Church no longer wanted to teach British Israelism, a number of offshoot Christian Science Churches and groups were set up to continue teaching British Israelism. One notable example was the British Israelite Christian Science Church called the “The Christian Science Parent Church”. It was organised by an English Christian Scientist Annie Cecilia Bill. Annie Bill became convinced that she was the true successor of Mary Baker Eddy and in 1912 organized what became known as the Christian Science Parent Church. After World War I she moved to the United States and in 1924 established the church in America.[20][21] As soon as Annie Bill set up The Christian Science Parent Church many Christian Scientists left the Mother Church to join it. Annie Bill believed the Mother Church was no longer teaching Christian Science the way it should be taught.
god

Hot Springs, MT

#2 Jan 12, 2011
imo the problem w. britism is'm is that they believe that israelitism is propagated only genetically

the ot shows how converts to judaism can become full fledged jews

i say anyone who sports self as a jew in public is a jew
lol

Horsham, UK

#3 Jan 14, 2011
god = troll
god

Hot Springs, MT

#4 Jan 22, 2011
since mbe believed in universal sally i doubt she supported b.e.
Truth

Horsham, UK

#5 Feb 3, 2011
Mary Baker Eddy supported British Israelism that the anglo and american people were in bible prohecy she also believed her ancestry to be connected to King David, she also supported Capital Punishment and opposed homosexuality. Of course the current mother church deny all of this, but documentation proves the truth. Mary Baker Eddy was a true Christian.

In a letter in 1902 to Julia Field King of a work tracing the lineage of Queen Victoria back to King David, Mary Baker Eddy wrote: "Your work, The Royal House of Britain an Enduring Dynasty, is indeed masterful: one of the most remarkable Biblical researches in that direction ever accomplished. Its data and the logic of its events sustain its authenticity, and its grandeur sparkles in the words,'King Jesus.'" In the words of Jeremiah, quoted in the book: "David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the House of Israel." (Jer. 33:17) Mrs. Eddy states: "Christian Science ... restores the lost Israel." In many of Mary Baker Eddy's writings, she addressed the Israelites as Christian Scientists. Until her death Mary Baker Eddy continued to keep an interest in British Israelism, early members of the Christian Science Mother Church accepted the Anglo Israel message of Mrs Eddy however after Mrs Eddy’s death in 1910 The Mother Church denied anything to do with British Israelism and any Christian Scientists supporting British Israelism in The Mother Church were excommunicated. The attractions of British Israelism in the Christian Science movement still remained after Mary Baker Eddy’s death. Because The Mother Church no longer wanted to teach British Israelism, a number of offshoot Christian Science Churches and groups were set up to continue teaching British Israelism. One notable example was the British Israelite Christian Science Church called the “The Christian Science Parent Church”.
god

Hot Springs, MT

#6 Feb 5, 2011
mrs. e says in science & health that the jewish god was a tribal god & should be ignored

i take everything i read even the words of jc w. a pinch of salt

i tailor my religion to myself

acc. to yichuses on the net im a direct descendant of king david

im glad youre socking it to the cschurch

there are some dox of mbe that are kept secret

but what do we care...we have the holy spirit to guide us into all truth
david

Newton, MA

#7 Mar 31, 2011
Mrs Eddy said her successor would be a man. She said that man was not on earth at the time she said it in 1901. Her successor can not be a woman. End of story on that topic. Much of British Israelism is true, but some have ruined it by making it seem as though the caucasian race is superior. Once you understand that God is the only Superior One, then you can start to learn the truth about British Israelism.
god

Hot Springs, MT

#8 Apr 11, 2011
imo whites are ahead in spiritual develop...but the whole human race will be fully saved in the final instant when the reverse of the big bang occurs imo

imo all humans are god the only true entity in existence
god

Hot Springs, MT

#9 Apr 11, 2011
ive compiled a list of candidates for english hebrew cognates

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ettEoxQhv... #
god

Hot Springs, MT

#10 Jul 2, 2011
god wrote:
ive compiled a list of candidates for english hebrew cognates
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ettEoxQhv... #

make that english hebrew cognate candidates

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ettEoxQhv...
luigi

White Plains, NY

#11 Nov 19, 2011
when told that his mother and brothers were outside wanting to see him Jesus said" who is my brother and mother? those doing the will of my father are my mother brother and sister" or words closely similar
So that puts bloodlines in the dippsy dumpster with all the other garbage
also jesus never said yahweh or please show me where he did.
god

Omak, WA

#12 Dec 6, 2011
whites seem to be much more on the spiritual offensive than nonwhites

j knew hebrew well so he wouldve known the word...frequently he used the word i am which is a translate of yahweh..im sure he was good at telepathy which bypasses human language

we all should call ourselves yahweh i am what i am...iow nobody tells me what to do
god

Brevard, NC

#13 Dec 10, 2012
heres the opening file for my new list of hebrew english cognate candidates

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18dkF1O-nQ...
god

Brevard, NC

#14 Dec 11, 2012
rather than the above for the new list of hebrew english cognate candidates go to:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SWihalAHm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Scientist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Science for white people only (Apr '11) Aug '16 aguythatknowssome... 26
News Love - healing light for the world (Apr '16) Apr '16 True Christian wi... 1
if you want to get some needed alterations of cs (Feb '16) Feb '16 god 1
allies of christian science (Jun '15) Jun '15 god 1
i am god of universe and i give you permission ... (May '15) Jun '15 god 2
cs the most hated religion in the world (Aug '14) Feb '15 god 3
lets hear of your special takes on cs (Jan '15) Jan '15 god 1
More from around the web