Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654305 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#456258 Jun 25, 2013
now you liked determinante
mantle=is point of vulcane
cluva=ijli kruva
bread

see your justice is
chu chu uhccccccccccc
gingerman
madagaskar
90 dollars fly-air to sout africa
from there 10 dollar to Madagascar
o geeeeeeeeee

Do you liked gingerbread??????????
You can be rich!!!
You don't need pay tax!!!
https://www.google.com.au/search...
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456259 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is. If God knows you will do something, can you do otherwise? It's a yes or no question for a yes or no situation.
wilderide:

Well, I thought I showed you two proofs already which shows God knowledge is independent of our free-will. So I can't press the case further at this time, and just repeat myself.

First, our behavior is different from God, and secondly God is an uncreated being. This "disconnect" displays that our linguistics is not sophisticated enough. But let us move forward....

Perhaps though we may agree on God's Providence regarding the "outcome" of the temporal world in eternity?

In short, because God knows the outcome, some quality of God interacts with Creation. Yes, perhaps that is why you press so hard on an either/or, free-will/no-omniscience posit? So I can agree with such a statement. What about you?

I am not trying to circumvent your posit, rather, finding a new way to frame it here, so that I can answer to your satisfaction, and mine.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#456260 Jun 25, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would bet the farm that God knows you're being deliberately dumb with scripture in order to wash your hands.
You changed what Jesus Christ taught, Ox. God knows you're aware of it.
BTW - how is it that you ans Kay Marie know what "God" can or cannot do.

Do you two have some special goggles or communication device that allows "Him" to speak to you two directly, and noone else?

This is a revelation....a Protestant and a Catholic both know what "God" can and cannot do.

Bullshite!

Just more unfounded claims to boost your own ego and to deceive others is all you are doing.

Where is your honesty?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456261 Jun 25, 2013
truth wrote:
http://www.biblegateway.com/pa ssage/?search=Psalm+93&ver sion=NIV
Amen

Albuquerque, NM

#456262 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know, those people aren't "real" Christians.
I learned this a long time ago.

Albuquerque, NM

#456263 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide
The surface of the water is troubled, and the sun is reflected in many waves.
(Genesis 1:2 ....And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters....)
Jesus calmed the waters, and those who see the power of God's Word, know it. And it is God. He communicates perfectly, we just don't see and hear so well sometimes.
Conscience is the self-correcting mechanism God created for us, because He cares for us. Of course some deny its existence.(They are still in the dark.)
"Conscience is the self-correcting mechanism God created for us, because He cares for us."

Still promoting Self.

Good - you should.

Why are you no longer a "Christian"?

Albuquerque, NM

#456264 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are free to eat from EVERY TREE in the Garden except...the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
You are going against the text....

"He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

You seem confused on what the text means. Do you need an explanation?
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456265 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I already explained my reason, several times.
I am on this forum to give people the chance to escape religion, as I escaped religion.
Those who don't want to won't ... and those who want to will.
And if you check why you are here, you want to pick apart the beliefs of those in OTHER religions and make your own seem the only one of high value.
Otherwise you would just be content to go to church and back home ... and church and back home ... and church and back home until you die of church-ite-is ... church-it is.
June:

Maybe you had church-ite-is?

And maybe Christians on the forum are here because they know their local churches can't contain the Truth, and are here to share, and try to express the Truth, that Jesus is their Savior. And they each reflect a way of thinking about the Truth.

Albuquerque, NM

#456266 Jun 25, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so much fun for you all to pick apart our beliefs...what is the motivation..I wonder
Just to answer for myself, just in case this helps you discern "Why"....

I have no fun doing "the picking apart", but actually found the astonishment in why men have dictated to others what to believe.

Yes - like you and your belief.

Think of my posts as a positive reinforcement of Self and how your decisions to do things were ONLY YOURS and the result of you choosing to follow an INCOMPLETE belief.

My posts are the remaining pieces of the puzzle that one needs to really achieve astonishment and enlightenment.

Take it or leave it.....but ironically - the choice is still yours.

Self.

No religion required.

Why didn't you research the belief you have prior to joining your sect?

Albuquerque, NM

#456267 Jun 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, you are exactly right. Only the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was forbidden. But even so, it was never said that Adam ate from the Tree of Life.
As an aside, I find this passage interesting:
Genesis 3:4 -“For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
Doesn't this imply that humans and God have the same perspective on morality? I.e., those who say "you can't hold God to the same morality we are beholden to" are incorrect.
Well said Wilder.....if only others could comprehend it.

Albuquerque, NM

#456268 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You set up the equation to be an either/or answer, and this is not the case. Also you are trying to put God into an equation, thus reducing God to Not-God.
You need to perhaps connect up with more a more descriptive way of declaring what God "is" not. God is not a created being, for instance, therefore how can a non-created being affect creation?
Logic is merely a means/tool of conveying information. For me, the way you ask the question, it is like saying God is Logic, therefore if you use logic you have no free-will.(This is true if you reduce God from being God. And that is why your posit seems true on the surface. But your definition of God is where we are going when it comes to God and free-will.)
God is Logic beyond logic.
God is Beauty beyond beauty.
The attributes of God are beyond our definitions, and concepts. Thus when we give attributes to God we reduce God. This connects with the understanding that we use God's Name in vain.
...and yet you think fallible men can define an infallibl being - through the Bible.

You just contradicted that when you stated this:
"The attributes of God are beyond our definitions, and concepts. Thus when we give attributes to God we reduce God. "

Thus the Bible reduced "God".

The more you post, I'm hoping more followers will read your posts, just so they can get the whiff of incompleteness within the Bible.

Way to go!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#456269 Jun 25, 2013
amen am en

ones when you sold everything whats left=i make argument in house=yep heavy
transform into what
i been under attack
22 2
22 2
22 2
66 6

2005 up to 4 may=death of someone proclaim in my country..
oh still they are around me
i know who they are..
pio 6=find and resolve pavle savle davle

i am still alive

justice is not justice

find out
who is in-walk invisible guest in my house and my life..who try ruin my family=old comadre pio padre 6

in litre of pepsi is 1/4 poison petrol
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
is that crime in my house
did i need except walk in spirit
justice will say no its not crime killers is holy as poor police killers is holy they support each other

i know that you read
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
how in-walk killer is very close to me

i am still alive

did killer stay in my house

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo
i am still alive

nk

byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyy
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#456270 Jun 25, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
"Conscience is the self-correcting mechanism God created for us, because He cares for us."
Still promoting Self.
Good - you should.
Why are you no longer a "Christian"?
New Age Spiritual Leader:

Lol....

I can write on non-scriptural spiritual things as well.(Its not forbidden!) For me, expanding ones understanding of scriptures includes a lot of reading outside scripture, that are based on it. And somewhere in my readings I do recall teachings on the conscience and its formation and what it is meant for....

Maybe your view of being a Christian is a bit outdated?(smile) Time to get New!

Albuquerque, NM

#456271 Jun 25, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't "get it" do you?
The Jesus-Myth was simply a Catholic re-run of other sons of gods types of myths.
When you refer to Jesus teaching morals, you are still caught in the old Catholic teachings that you claim to have left behind.
Incorrect conclusion.

I also use the writings of Sumerians, Mayan, Native Americans, Hindus, and other cultures to arrive at my belief.

IMO - with you keep projecting this, only shows that you aren't the "Atheist" you express.

*kicks the soapbox out from under your feet*

Oops sorry - I thought it was about time you "got down to Earth again".

:o)
truth

Perth, Australia

#456272 Jun 25, 2013
how you will find invisible guest in your house..

matrix too
did they act in name of holy saints..
yep
in reality who they are..walkers talkers stokers jokers and so on

i am still alive

is that crime to be alive

asked corupt police as well corupt justice

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
read
1/4 petrol in botlle of pepsi
is that crime serve to my family
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss

did i notice

yes i ammmmmmmmmmmmmmm
is that sin

o yes according corupt justice
you need be mental according set up killers

Did you know who they are?

Albuquerque, NM

#456273 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
When you ask the question, I see the Truth standing before Pontius Pilate. That is where the Truth is.
Pilate more or less resigned himself from, and, to the Truth. And we view him as a coward for this resignation. For he had the power to save, but did not. But he alone is not the coward in the whole affair, as all abandoned Jesus. It is for the Christian to understand, and fight the fear of humiliation, suffering and death.
Pontius Pilate has nothing to do with "the Truth".

That is a claim made by so-called "Christians" through an interpretation of "him washing his hands clean" of the event.

Not a coward, but actually logically - as it had nothing to do with his belief.

Playing the event your way, is biased and doesn't include all the facts. Facts that would have to include the details of why Pilate did what he did, based upon Roman laws, and not Jewish law.

This aspect of the event seems to always go unnoticed and mentioned.

Figures. One can't have a feasible belief if the true law explains it accurately.

Albuquerque, NM

#456274 Jun 25, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol....
I can write on non-scriptural spiritual things as well.(Its not forbidden!) For me, expanding ones understanding of scriptures includes a lot of reading outside scripture, that are based on it. And somewhere in my readings I do recall teachings on the conscience and its formation and what it is meant for....
Maybe your view of being a Christian is a bit outdated?(smile) Time to get New!
I appreciate the honesty - I just wish more of the posters would exhibit this as well.

"Maybe your view of being a Christian is a bit outdated?(smile) Time to get New!"
- if you think this way, then you are not a "Christian".

Accept that you aren't - as the view of Self, in many eyes today, deteriates the aspect of Christianity that they want to express worldwide.

If you still think you are a so-called "Christian" - then your sect is a heresy.

And since you speak as a heretic - Welcome to my world.

P.S. I personally don't believe there are any heretics, but only the ones that Christianity has deemed.
- "God" has never designated any specific text or religious belief as heresy.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456275 Jun 25, 2013
your law is not my law..
law not exist for righteousness people..
it is written
right people is prosecuted by whom?

do you trust your leaders
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo
judges
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
ministres senators
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

in matrix is evil long time ago

why you need be ill=sick
according what ilium trillium ill ri um=mind

whats walk in your mind
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456276 Jun 25, 2013
OldJG wrote:
There seems to be much confusion on this forum. Are the Roman Catholics stating the church catholic (universal)is the same animal as the Roman Catholic church of today? If so, who moved the center of Christianity from Jerusalem to Rome? Why the change? Why all the focus on Rome? Did Jesus tell the apostles to build the vatican? Did Peter wear one of those funny little hats the popes wear? How about the capes? Do the popes wear the capes because they believe they are the Superman of Christianity? Has anyone seen them fly?
The center of the world was Rome. Jerusalem was a backwater Roman province. The Romans thoroughly destroyed Jerusalem in AD 70. The Churches in Rome and the near east are what kept the spread of Christianity going.

Keep studying Mr. History, you've got a long way to go.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456277 Jun 25, 2013
which native tribe your forget mention
illyri um
a psyhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
kihateeeeeeee
kihota je grijota jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you fill cold?
pokrit cu te=pokarati=ili pokriti crna zemlja=as graveyarde

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
two saul stay outsideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
both stolen
from whom
false withess
with corupt justice
how its call
justice=pustica

shame on youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 54 min Eric 14
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 253,991
News Winnipeg-born priest makes the case for Mother ... 2 hr Mother Theresa Sp... 1
Who is allowed to walk me down the isle at my R... 15 hr Posting as myself 3
News Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) Sat nOgOd 1,764
News NPR: Clinton Rape Claims Are Nasty 'Old News,' ... Aug 26 K-DJ 2
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
More from around the web