Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
438,241 - 438,260 of 536,835 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Latin vulgate translates to "Hail, full of grace".
Douay-Rheims & Wycliffe.
The Latin Vulgate compared with other translations is only a shadow

of the truth of God's word...It is like the readers digest...It is

translated (edited )to agree with the Roman Catholic Church.., laced

with their private interpretations and parts are deleted from the original to fit their teachings...

Just as the devil mistranslated God's word in the Garden of Eden...He is still at it to day.

Latin is a dead language..

Can you name a Nationality on earth that uses Latin exclusively?

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God...you acknowledge that as being true.
You have been fed swill, from the vatacan, that says Mary was sinless, was born sinless, and remains a virgin evermore. You swallowed it and enjoyed it...
There is no Scripture to support these lies....you know it...because you have proven it...you have shown me no Scripture that teaches any such thing...
A Christian, per Scripture, is one who follows the teaching of Christ...there is no record in the Bible that shows Christ ever taught Mary was sinless...a virgin evermore...nor born sinless....yet you accept the teaching of your pope, that has no basis in Scripture, over the Word of God...
So...what does that make you????
And...there is no Greek word in Luke 1:28, in the NABre, that is translated to mean "full of Grace"....you are lying when you say there is...
Prove me wrong...
As long as Catholics look to Jesus for salvation.

every one can talk to her in heaven and ask..if so inclined.

As I have said before I personally woukd be mire interested in the Early life of her Son than the intimate private matters between her and Joseph.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel that you, as I, and other Christians on this forum, are not here out of hatred towards Catholics, but, rather, hoping that, maybe, that by the Grace of God, their eyes and ears will be opened, and will say "I never knew that truth..
The TRUTH has, is and will "ALWAYS" remain in Jesus Christ, in and through HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church, as it has for over 2000 years, with the FULLNESS of the FAITH, the FULLNESS of the TRUTH and the OVERABUNDING COMPLETENESS of God GRACE. Paul confirms it in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) the pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH. You bible only "fundies" continue to "spin your wheels" (going round and round in circles) with the rest of your other 42,000 inconsistent, contradicting and conflicting Protestant self-interpreting "bible" editorialists..... There is ONLY ONE TRUTH, not 42,000 individual bible only "relative truths" that contradict each other!!!!!

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ can except any He wishes.
He still said Baptism was necessary for Salvation and instructed the Apostles to do it.
Born again .
Let me ask you something that I can't get a,Catholic to answer.

All these babies killed in abortions have souls ..where are they?

And please don't give me a website..saw it.

I want to know,what you believe

I have at least 6 grandchildren who miscarried..GOD knit them in the womb..where are they?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong...
You've been "proven wrong" over and over and over again, for more than 2000 years since the time of Jesus Christ!!
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again .
I have at least 6 grandchildren who miscarried..GOD knit them in the womb..where are they?
I believe that God has shown His mercy to their souls.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again .
They are in Heaven. Christ said, "Do not hinder the little children to me for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

Christ also said that baptism is necessary. He said that those who believed and is baptized will be saved (See Mark 16:16). As for those who believed but chose not to get themselves baptize because they feel it's not necessary, God will be the one to judge them. We are the not the ones to judge anyone as to who will be in Heaven and who will be in Hell.

If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been "proven wrong" over and over and over again, for more than 2000 years since the time of Jesus Christ!!
You Roman Catholics have proven NO ONE WRONG...

LIKE A BALLOON

UP IN THE AIR...

IS FULL OF HOT AIR...

NO MATTER WHERE YOU LOOK,

THERE'S NOTHING THERE...
youtube

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

ANTICHRIST ..on world stage

OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first place, I never said that Abraham and Moses were Roman Catholics. I said that they are part of our Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. After all, Christ was a Jew, and the first Christians were Jewish. Surely, you don't think that Christianity came out of Hinduism.....did you???
As for Christ calling Mary, "mother"...of course he did. Just because you can't find it in the Bible does not mean that He did not. After all, the Bible DID say that there are things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible (See John 21:25). One of the things that Jesus did that was never recorded was calling Mary "mother." Surely, you did not think that Christ was an unruly and disobedient child....did you???
You said, quote, "In the first place, I never said that Abraham and Moses were Roman Catholics. I said that they are part of our Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. After all, Christ was a Jew, and the first Christians were Jewish. Surely, you don't think that Christianity came out of Hinduism.....did you???"End quote.

How in the world do you Roman Catholics come up with these ridiculous statements. Moses was a Jew, yes. Abraham, though often called the "father of the Jewish race," was a Chaldean, from Ur of the Chaldees an area of Babylon.

Roman Catholicism is not Christian due to the fact your ancestry is derived from the father of your religion, Constantine.

You said, quote, "As for Christ calling Mary, "mother"...of course he did. Just because you can't find it in the Bible does not mean that He did not. After all, the Bible DID say that there are things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible (See John 21:25). One of the things that Jesus did that was never recorded was calling Mary "mother." Surely, you did not think that Christ was an unruly and disobedient child....did you???" End quote.

The Roman Catholic answer for anything not contained in the Bible is very well expressed in your statement. If the Roman Catholic church can't find proof in God's word they make it up to fit their theology and use John 21:25 as the platform to further spread one unsubstantiated statement after another. This is called: TRADITION. Tradition is nothing more than an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt. To set the record straight the Roman Catholic church turns to the very person who has created the confusion....their POPE, for answers. This theology is much like having a fox guard the hen house.

John 21:25, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

who="Dan"
Luke 1:28.
She is called "full of grace".
She's given the name "full of grace" and in the Greek perfect tense, indicating that this permanent state of Mary was completed.
Remember Greek? You were very insistent on it RE: 2 Tim 3:16.
'St. Luke uses the perfect passive participle, kekaritomene, as his "name" for Mary. This word literally means "she who has been graced" in a completed sense. This verbal adjective, "graced," is not just describing a simple past action. Greek has another tense for that. The perfect tense is used to indicate that an action has been completed in the past resulting in a present state of being. "Full of grace" is Mary’s name. So what does it tell us about Mary? Well, the average Christian is not completed in grace and in a permanent sense (see Phil. 3:8-12). But according to the angel, Mary is.'
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/hai...

Neither verse calls Mary 'full of grace'.
KM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
When David (the king of Israel's) son died

He said..

Sa 12:20 Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of the LORD, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

2Sa 12:21 Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread.

2Sa 12:22 And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether GOD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

2Sa 12:23 But now he is dead,

wherefore should I fast?

can I bring him back again?

-->I shall go to him,

but he shall not return to me.
2S

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are,in heaven with Our Lord Jesus,Christ who said Suffer the children to come to me??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

who="Dan"
I responded already RE: her being an exception. Even gave you the Greek.
Mary was "saved" from sin in a different manner. She was given the grace to be "saved" completely from sin so that she never committed even the slightest transgression. Scripture indicates that salvation can also refer to man being protected from sinning before the fact.
'Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you without blemish before the presence of his glory with rejoicing, to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever.(Jude 24-25)'
thanks

Never even the slightest transgression???

Are you talking about the same Mary, who heard the gossip that Jesus had lost his mind; then took His brothers to take Him home? Jesus was in the house where the man was let down through the roof. When they couldn't reach Him for the crowd, they sent word that His mother wished to see Him.

His answer: Who is my mother?

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "In the first place, I never said that Abraham and Moses were Roman Catholics. I said that they are part of our Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. After all, Christ was a Jew, and the first Christians were Jewish. Surely, you don't think that Christianity came out of Hinduism.....did you???"End quote.
How in the world do you Roman Catholics come up with these ridiculous statements. Moses was a Jew, yes. Abraham, though often called the "father of the Jewish race," was a Chaldean, from Ur of the Chaldees an area of Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is not Christian due to the fact your ancestry is derived from the father of your religion, Constantine.
You said, quote, "As for Christ calling Mary, "mother"...of course he did. Just because you can't find it in the Bible does not mean that He did not. After all, the Bible DID say that there are things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible (See John 21:25). One of the things that Jesus did that was never recorded was calling Mary "mother." Surely, you did not think that Christ was an unruly and disobedient child....did you???" End quote.
The Roman Catholic answer for anything not contained in the Bible is very well expressed in your statement. If the Roman Catholic church can't find proof in God's word they make it up to fit their theology and use John 21:25 as the platform to further spread one unsubstantiated statement after another. This is called: TRADITION. Tradition is nothing more than an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt. To set the record straight the Roman Catholic church turns to the very person who has created the confusion....their POPE, for answers. This theology is much like having a fox guard the hen house.
John 21:25, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."
"an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt"

You mean like "Sola Scriptura"? That whopper has promoted more confusion and doubt than your posts, and that's saying something.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism didn't start with Constantine. It started with Christ. The first person to use the word "Catholic" dated back to the first century. It was first used by Ignatius, the Bishop of Antioch, and the historical document exists, so the evidence is in our favor.

And as I have stated, the Jewish roots and heritage can be found in the Roman Catholic Church. It certainly cannot be found in any Protestant churches.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So they are,in heaven with Our Lord Jesus,Christ who said Suffer the children to come to me??
I believe God shows His mercy to these souls.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Luke 1:28.
She is called "full of grace".
She's given the name "full of grace" and in the Greek perfect tense, indicating that this permanent state of Mary was completed.
Remember Greek? You were very insistent on it RE: 2 Tim 3:16.
'St. Luke uses the perfect passive participle, kekaritomene, as his "name" for Mary. This word literally means "she who has been graced" in a completed sense. This verbal adjective, "graced," is not just describing a simple past action. Greek has another tense for that. The perfect tense is used to indicate that an action has been completed in the past resulting in a present state of being. "Full of grace" is Mary’s name. So what does it tell us about Mary? Well, the average Christian is not completed in grace and in a permanent sense (see Phil. 3:8-12). But according to the angel, Mary is.'
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/hai...
Neither verse calls Mary 'full of grace'.
KM
It does in the Douay-Rheims. I noted that earlier.

Keep up please.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in Heaven. Christ said, "Do not hinder the little children to me for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Christ also said that baptism is necessary. He said that those who believed and is baptized will be saved (See Mark 16:16). As for those who believed but chose not to get themselves baptize because they feel it's not necessary, God will be the one to judge them. We are the not the ones to judge anyone as to who will be in Heaven and who will be in Hell.
If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized.
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Apparently your Bible must read as follows:

Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe AND IS NOT BAPTIZED will be condemned."

Is this your statement? Yes or no.

You said, quote, "If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized." End quote.

If Jesus is our example, and He is, please answer these questions for all on this forum.
1. How was Jesus baptized
2. At what age was Jesus baptized
3. Did Mary have Jesus baptized as a baby
4. Was Jesus baptized by sprinkling or immersion
5. Was the baptism of Jesus the same as your baptism
6. Why was Jesus baptized

Matthew 3:13-17, 13 "Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
I responded already RE: her being an exception. Even gave you the Greek.
Mary was "saved" from sin in a different manner. She was given the grace to be "saved" completely from sin so that she never committed even the slightest transgression. Scripture indicates that salvation can also refer to man being protected from sinning before the fact.
'Now to him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you without blemish before the presence of his glory with rejoicing, to the only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and for ever.(Jude 24-25)'
thanks
Never even the slightest transgression???
Are you talking about the same Mary, who heard the gossip that Jesus had lost his mind; then took His brothers to take Him home? Jesus was in the house where the man was let down through the roof. When they couldn't reach Him for the crowd, they sent word that His mother wished to see Him.
His answer: Who is my mother?
KayMarie
That's what I said.

Are you now attempting to deny even the simple premise that Mary gave birth to Jesus? Is that even too much for you to admit?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Roman Catholic Church Forum right now

Search the Roman Catholic Church Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 3 min nOgOd 614
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 48 min Alex 200,883
Church firing stirs up controversy over same-se... 2 hr Wondering 12
Pinoy priest accused of child porn back in PH? (Oct '11) 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 180
Sisters Rescuing Women from Sex Trades 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 10
Muslims Enter Catholic Church, See A Statue Of ... 15 hr Faith 19
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades 15 hr WE JUST DONT CARE 21
•••
•••