Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,904
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#454321 Jun 20, 2013
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in Heaven. Christ said, "Do not hinder the little children to me for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Christ also said that baptism is necessary. He said that those who believed and is baptized will be saved (See Mark 16:16). As for those who believed but chose not to get themselves baptize because they feel it's not necessary, God will be the one to judge them. We are the not the ones to judge anyone as to who will be in Heaven and who will be in Hell.
If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized.
I believe in BAPTISM ..had it as a baby and adult.

what some non Catholics don't understand or know of (and a cause of confusion among others of both faiths)

The sacrament of Confirmation is more,like what other churches like Baptists,do. The young person himself professes faith and receives the sacrament

The thing is this:: and only can talk about ore Vatican 2 practice.

Just like with first communion..confirmation and instruction cones at an age determined time..for me it was 11'

We learned everything about the Holy Spirit..And announcing..even took a new name.

It was by rote..And ritual.

I believed ok..And wished to have the feelings that go with it all.

But I did not come to a heartfelt born again experience with Christ until decades later.

Does that mean I was dishonest in my affirmations..No.

But it was what I was taught to say.

This was a seed planted ..I believe ..But baptism as a baby..And the sacraments are not what saves. Imo

It is the heartfelt acceptance of THE life..death and Resurrection of Christ..Nno head knowledge.

Do some Catholics get saved in a,heartfelt manner by the sacraments they receive ..probably

But with all my religious classes. etc ..Sodality...everything.

It was when I allowed that only His,death on the Cross paid for every sin..That He became Sin ..drank the cup of inequities...took my sin to the Cross..That the sin debt was FINISHED.

We must repent ..accept his substitutionary sacrifice as being for us and follow Him.

This is really not something that can be taught it is from being open to the leading and call of the Spirit.

But fir clarity non Catholics should know about Confirmation as it is much closer to what we believe Baptism is.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#454323 Jun 20, 2013
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>Dan, thesee keys are nor symbolical in nature, nor spiritual in nature. it only means that they were to teach what was lawful and what would be allowed, nothing more.
now if you wish to split hairs which you try to do all of the time.
lets go at.
{I will} future tense. so you nor your false teachers in catholicism know when this would occur, or if it even did occur. it might be after they were dead, who knows. certainly not you, nor me, nor false popes.
theeefore I stand on what I beleive not something taught falsely. men, no matter who they are can FORGIVE SIN, ONLY GOD CAN. Mark 2:7

One major exception, Cowboy. We are COMMANDED to forgive those who trespass against us...Jesus said so. So when He said that 'whatsoever you bind/loose' shall be bound or loosed, He was speaking to all of us.

If we forgive those who trespass against us, God receives our action...their sin is forgiven, and it will not be brought up in judgment.

If we do not forgive them, then our Father will not forgive us. The thing is 'bound', and we will both answer to Him.

The power to bind or loose is given to all of us.

We cannot, however,'loose' those who trespass against others. No priest can 'forgive' those who have wounded others.

The 'forgiver' bears the cost of the act. If someone steals from me, and I forgive them, then "I" accept the loss. I have set them free from judgment.

The only way that a priest can forgive the thief, is to take responsibility to repay the loss himself.

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454324 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Apparently your Bible must read as follows:
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe AND IS NOT BAPTIZED will be condemned."
Is this your statement? Yes or no.
You said, quote, "If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized." End quote.
If Jesus is our example, and He is, please answer these questions for all on this forum.
1. How was Jesus baptized
2. At what age was Jesus baptized
3. Did Mary have Jesus baptized as a baby
4. Was Jesus baptized by sprinkling or immersion
5. Was the baptism of Jesus the same as your baptism
6. Why was Jesus baptized
Matthew 3:13-17, 13 "Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."
Jesus was baptized.

We are to emulate Him.

Jesus said it's necessary and instructed the Apostles to baptize.

We are to obey His teaching.

Do you have other questions?

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454325 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "In the first place, I never said that Abraham and Moses were Roman Catholics. I said that they are part of our Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. After all, Christ was a Jew, and the first Christians were Jewish. Surely, you don't think that Christianity came out of Hinduism.....did you???"End quote.
How in the world do you Roman Catholics come up with these ridiculous statements. Moses was a Jew, yes. Abraham, though often called the "father of the Jewish race," was a Chaldean, from Ur of the Chaldees an area of Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is not Christian due to the fact your ancestry is derived from the father of your religion, Constantine.
You said, quote, "As for Christ calling Mary, "mother"...of course he did. Just because you can't find it in the Bible does not mean that He did not. After all, the Bible DID say that there are things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible (See John 21:25). One of the things that Jesus did that was never recorded was calling Mary "mother." Surely, you did not think that Christ was an unruly and disobedient child....did you???" End quote.
The Roman Catholic answer for anything not contained in the Bible is very well expressed in your statement. If the Roman Catholic church can't find proof in God's word they make it up to fit their theology and use John 21:25 as the platform to further spread one unsubstantiated statement after another. This is called: TRADITION. Tradition is nothing more than an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt. To set the record straight the Roman Catholic church turns to the very person who has created the confusion....their POPE, for answers. This theology is much like having a fox guard the hen house.
John 21:25, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."
Selene100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholicism didn't start with Constantine. It started with Christ. The first person to use the word "Catholic" dated back to the first century. It was first used by Ignatius, the Bishop of Antioch, and the historical document exists, so the evidence is in our favor.
And as I have stated, the Jewish roots and heritage can be found in the Roman Catholic Church. It certainly cannot be found in any Protestant churches.
Apparently you know nothing of your own "Roman" history.

You saidn quote, "The first person to use the word "Catholic" dated back to the first century. It was first used by Ignatius, the Bishop of Antioch, and the historical document exists, so the evidence is in our favor." End quote.

You obviously do not own a BIBLE. Give this a read....

Acts 11:25-26, 25 "So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians."

They were called "CHRISTIANS" not "ROMAN CATHOLICS".

You said, quote, "And as I have stated, the Jewish roots and heritage can be found in the Roman Catholic Church. It certainly cannot be found in any Protestant churches." End quote.

Another Roman Catholic lie from the very pits of hell. The church "catholic" ..... universal, began with Christ. The church "Roman Catholic" began with the father of your religion...Constantine.

Put that in your smoke and pipe it!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454326 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again .
Let me ask you something that I can't get a,Catholic to answer.
All these babies killed in abortions have souls ..where are they?
And please don't give me a website..saw it.
I want to know,what you believe
I have at least 6 grandchildren who miscarried..GOD knit them in the womb..where are they?
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that God has shown His mercy to their souls.
You believe? Is that supposed to make a difference? LOL

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#454327 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Mark 16:16, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe AND IS NOT BAPTIZED will be condemned."
You said, quote, "If a Christian is not certain about Christ's words in Mark 16:16, then following Christ's footsteps in the next best thing. In other words, if the Son of God feels that it's important that He be baptized despite the fact that He doesn't need to be baptized, then that should be good enough for me. I would follow in His footsteps and also get myself baptized." End quote.
If Jesus is our example, and He is, please answer these questions for all on this forum.
Matthew 3:13-17, 13 "Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" 15 But Jesus answered him, "Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."
Please read my last post about Confirmation..it is much more similar to what non Catholics practice..though it is determined by age..imo

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#454328 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Mark 16:16 actually reads: He who believes and IS baptized will be saved and he who does not believe will be damned.
Some people like to twist the words in the Bible by ADDING "and is not baptized" into scripture.

There is nothing in the Bible that says that Jesus was baptized full immersion or whether water was sprinkled on his head. John could have sprinkled water on His head. Also, Catholics practiced BOTH full immersion and sprinkling water on the head.

It was God who gave John the baptist to authority to baptize. John the baptist could not baptize Jesus when he was a baby because John was an infant himself.

Yes, Catholics have the same baptism that Jesus did.....with both water and spirit.

#454329 Jun 20, 2013
who="RoSesz"
Born again .
I have at least 6 grandchildren who miscarried..GOD knit them in the womb..where are they?

They are in His hands, and that is enough to know. This gives me great peace.

KayMarie
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#454330 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was baptized.
We are to emulate Him.
Jesus said it's necessary and instructed the Apostles to baptize.
We are to obey His teaching.
Do you have other questions?
You are a slippery little mackerel snapper aren't you? Try answering the questions and not side stepping the questions little Roman boy. Here they are again so you can answer each question one by one. OK?

You said, quote, "Jesus said it's necessary and instructed the Apostles to baptize." End quote.

Chapter and verse where Jesus mandated baptism as salvanic and instructed the apostles to baptize? Oh, that's right. You will invoke your "tradition" card verses Biblical truth. LOL LOL
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454331 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Born again .
<quoted text>
You believe? Is that supposed to make a difference? LOL
She asked me what I thought.

There's nothing definitive RE: the disposition of the souls of unbaptized infants.

We believe that God shows them His mercy.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454332 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
You said, quote, "In the first place, I never said that Abraham and Moses were Roman Catholics. I said that they are part of our Catholic history because Christianity came from Judaism. After all, Christ was a Jew, and the first Christians were Jewish. Surely, you don't think that Christianity came out of Hinduism.....did you???"End quote.
How in the world do you Roman Catholics come up with these ridiculous statements. Moses was a Jew, yes. Abraham, though often called the "father of the Jewish race," was a Chaldean, from Ur of the Chaldees an area of Babylon.
Roman Catholicism is not Christian due to the fact your ancestry is derived from the father of your religion, Constantine.
You said, quote, "As for Christ calling Mary, "mother"...of course he did. Just because you can't find it in the Bible does not mean that He did not. After all, the Bible DID say that there are things that Jesus did and said that were not recorded in the Bible (See John 21:25). One of the things that Jesus did that was never recorded was calling Mary "mother." Surely, you did not think that Christ was an unruly and disobedient child....did you???" End quote.
The Roman Catholic answer for anything not contained in the Bible is very well expressed in your statement. If the Roman Catholic church can't find proof in God's word they make it up to fit their theology and use John 21:25 as the platform to further spread one unsubstantiated statement after another. This is called: TRADITION. Tradition is nothing more than an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt. To set the record straight the Roman Catholic church turns to the very person who has created the confusion....their POPE, for answers. This theology is much like having a fox guard the hen house.
John 21:25, "Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written."
<quoted text>
You saidn quote, "The first person to use the word "Catholic" dated back to the first century. It was first used by Ignatius, the Bishop of Antioch, and the historical document exists, so the evidence is in our favor." End quote.
Acts 11:25-26, 25 "So Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians."
You said, quote, "And as I have stated, the Jewish roots and heritage can be found in the Roman Catholic Church. It certainly cannot be found in any Protestant churches." End quote.
Another Roman Catholic lie from the very pits of hell. The church "catholic" ..... universal, began with Christ. The church "Roman Catholic" began with the father of your religion...Constantine.
But there is no evidence Constantine changed anything about Christianity. I don't understand why you keep believing that.
We proved to you that Catholic teachings were the same before him and after him.

Location hidden

#454333 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, the people of Antioch were the first to be called Christians. That is in the Bible. And the Bishop of Antioch (Ignatius) was the first person to use the word "Catholic". That is found in a first century historical document. So, history and archaeology is on our side.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454334 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No thinking person believes that Constantine founded the Catholic church.

He simply recognized it and decriminalized it in Rome.

No thinking person denies the Judaic roots of Christianity.

Location hidden

#454336 Jun 20, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe in BAPTISM ..had it as a baby and adult.
what some non Catholics don't understand or know of (and a cause of confusion among others of both faiths)
The sacrament of Confirmation is more,like what other churches like Baptists,do. The young person himself professes faith and receives the sacrament
The thing is this:: and only can talk about ore Vatican 2 practice.
Just like with first communion..confirmation and instruction cones at an age determined time..for me it was 11'
We learned everything about the Holy Spirit..And announcing..even took a new name.
It was by rote..And ritual.
I believed ok..And wished to have the feelings that go with it all.
But I did not come to a heartfelt born again experience with Christ until decades later.
Does that mean I was dishonest in my affirmations..No.
But it was what I was taught to say.
This was a seed planted ..I believe ..But baptism as a baby..And the sacraments are not what saves. Imo
It is the heartfelt acceptance of THE life..death and Resurrection of Christ..Nno head knowledge.
Do some Catholics get saved in a,heartfelt manner by the sacraments they receive ..probably
But with all my religious classes. etc ..Sodality...everything.
It was when I allowed that only His,death on the Cross paid for every sin..That He became Sin ..drank the cup of inequities...took my sin to the Cross..That the sin debt was FINISHED.
We must repent ..accept his substitutionary sacrifice as being for us and follow Him.
This is really not something that can be taught it is from being open to the leading and call of the Spirit.
But fir clarity non Catholics should know about Confirmation as it is much closer to what we believe Baptism is.
Baptism, confirmation, and the Eucharist are celebrated as one sacrament by the Early Christians, and today the Eastern Catholics still follow this.

The Catholics in the West, however, separated the sacraments of baptism and confirmation because there were not enough bishops to give out all the sacraments. In the West, the priest baptizes and the bishop confers the sacrament of confirmation. In all three - Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist, the Holy Spirit is present.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454338 Jun 20, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You are a slippery little mackerel snapper aren't you? Try answering the questions and not side stepping the questions little Roman boy. Here they are again so you can answer each question one by one. OK?
You said, quote, "Jesus said it's necessary and instructed the Apostles to baptize." End quote.
Chapter and verse where Jesus mandated baptism as salvanic and instructed the apostles to baptize? Oh, that's right. You will invoke your "tradition" card verses Biblical truth. LOL LOL
Jesus proclaims the necessity of Baptism:

John 3:5

Jesus instructs the Apostles to baptize:

Matthew 28:18-20

New International Version (NIV)

18 Then Jesus came to them and said,“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Fish in a barrel.

#454339 Jun 20, 2013
who="Dan"
Mary, fearing for Jesus, sent His brothers to bring Him home.
This, you believe, is a transgression of some sort?

She didn't send them, she took them.
Suppose your mother believed the town gossip when it said that YOU had lost YOUR mind. Wouldn't you question her doubt?

KayMarie
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454340 Jun 20, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is no evidence Constantine changed anything about Christianity. I don't understand why you keep believing that.
We proved to you that Catholic teachings were the same before him and after him.
Constantine didn't found Catholicism, he simply recognized it and let people legally be Christian. Christians were having "Catholic" Masses long before this "legalization" of Christianity.

I always wonder why prots like OJG feel it necessary to run half-baked nonsense out like this. I guess it's easier than providing any kind of defense for the basis of his own beliefs.
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#454341 Jun 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
You Roman Catholics have proven NO ONE WRONG...
LIKE A BALLOON
UP IN THE AIR...
IS FULL OF HOT AIR...
NO MATTER WHERE YOU LOOK,
THERE'S NOTHING THERE...
We've definitely proved you in error these last three yrs. Just because you're to stubborn to admit your error doesn't change the fact. Most onlookers would have converted to Catholicism a long time ago after reading the debates between you, Preston, Old Gee and the Catholics. In fact, I believe you three do more to HELP the Catholic Church than anything.
You can't believe you are right based on this following typical exchange:

Catholics:'Prove that Christ taught sola scripture as the authority on His Ministry'

Confrint:'all scripture is God breathed, and is useful for teaching'

You lost, Confrint. 2tim 3:16 does not say what well claim it says. Therefore your ENTIRE opinion on sacred scripture falls apart because you based it off a lie to start with.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#454342 Jun 20, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Dan"
Mary, fearing for Jesus, sent His brothers to bring Him home.
This, you believe, is a transgression of some sort?
She didn't send them, she took them.
Suppose your mother believed the town gossip when it said that YOU had lost YOUR mind. Wouldn't you question her doubt?
KayMarie
A mom looks after her kid and you're finding fault.

Outstanding.

As if Mary could look into the mind of the "town gossip".

Please, KM.

#454343 Jun 20, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"an unrecorded lie presented as truth to further promote confusion and doubt"
You mean like "Sola Scriptura"? That whopper has promoted more confusion and doubt than your posts, and that's saying something.
~~~

YOU WILL EXPERIENCE (THE RESULTS) OF YOUR REFUTING OF THE WORD OF GOD
AND RUE THE DAY THAT YOU DID...

THE BIBLE SAYS...

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.

Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Heb 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,

Heb 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

Heb 12:20 (For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

Heb 12:21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

(Note here that in heaven. are... "the spirits of just men made perfect,")

Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven,

and to God the Judge of all, and

to the spirits of just men made perfect,

Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,

and to the blood of sprinkling,

that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

(YOU HAVE REFUTED THE WORDS OF JESUS UPON EARTH. edited it and replaced it with your own...GIVING IT A DIFFERENT MEANING...THUS YOUR CONJECTURE IS A DEAD IN STREET.)

Heb 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh.

For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth,

much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Heb 12:26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.

Heb 12:27 And this word,

Yet once more,

signifieth

the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made,

that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roman Catholic Church Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 min JOEL 205,796
Amazing change occurred at transgendered woman'... (Jan '14) 1 hr True Christian wi... 25
Saint of the Day thread (May '10) 4 hr MichelleMC 2,520
Filipino bishops: We will strip Catholic status... (Aug '12) 8 hr ELIAS IBARRA 433
Catholic Charities refuses to place children wi... (Jun '11) 10 hr nOdiOs 1,110
Catholic Church seeks to regain power in... (May '13) 11 hr ELIAS IBARRA 123
Pinoy priest accused of child porn back in PH? (Oct '11) 12 hr ELIAS IBARRA 189

Roman Catholic Church People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE